Home made, fat and carb FREE protein bars (pics inside)

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed FO SHO.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will try both with n without pb... Should cooking time or anything else be adjusted when adding in pb? Could one add chopped almonds instead as well?

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Guys the recepies is pretty basic.
For me the most important thing when making these is for them
to be carb free and fat free, they were suppose to be a 1:1 replacement
for shakers, which I'm not a fan of.
So starting from here you can really add whatever you want, PB, fruit, nuts,
topping bla bla..
I found out that for these to come out exactly as they are in the pictures
you absolutely need zsweet, I tried to avoid that in any way (because it's probably
the most expensive natural sweetener out there) but unfortunately without that
they come out or flat, or dry, or they taste like a##...

So yeah.. Of course if you don't care for them to be carb free you can replace
zsweet with stevia and add whole wheat (or all purpose for what matters) flour,
coconut flour, oats.. whatever really.

The main thing is: some kind of nut butter will make them chewy and moist,
flour will make 'em more like a cake and it will rise more (add baking powder if you're using flour)

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Hey Kal, I did a quick search but didn't see anything really.
So if you have a minute, would you mind writing out what a typical day of meal and snacks looks like for you. I saw how low you keep your carbs and was interested.

Also, these turned out really good, keep posting up good snacks and meals man

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Update on the most famous bars on the board :D

Ok guys, today I made this experiment that turned out *insanely good*

same ingredients, I will write them down again since I made
so many variations:

*1 cup and 1/2 of chocolate whey (I use 1 cup fudge and the other 1/2 cup could be everything, PB, chocolate, vanilla, cookies..)
*1/2 tablespoon of Nustevia NoCarb Blend (best one, hands down)
*1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
*1/3 cup erythritol

and here's the spin off that made my life better: 10gr (a lil less than 1/4 cup) of coconut flour.

Now, hold it right there. This one that I got is labeled as "coconut flour" but is not really.
It's simply dried and grated coconut meat, it's different from actual coconut flour and the
facts are *amazing* on this one (for low carbers like me)

for 100gr of product we have:
protein 5,6
carbs 6,4
fat 62,0 (90% saturated!)

so I put 10gr of it (which is quite a lot, the volume/weight ratio is ridiculous, the stuff is uber light)
in the dry ingredient mixture which is 0.5 protein, 0.6 carbs!!, and 6.2 fat (about 60 calories)
So less carbs than whey but hold it right there: the carbs are fiber! Keto heaven boys

Now let me get to the result tho'.
First thing to say: I DO NOT like coconut. I just don't, I don't hate it, but
I'm not a big fan of it.

This "flour" is pretty much tasteless if you try it on its own, slight coconut flavor
of course but being dried it doesn't really taste like anything.

Added to the bars? *CREAM*
The bars came out soft and moist, they puffed up like crazy (volume wise we're talking twice
the size!), and the taste is like chocolate cream! They melt in your mouth is ridiculous,
like they came out way too good to be healthy!

Try this out guys, you'll love it.
Again the tip is the same: don't overcook them or they come out too dry,
actually here's another tip that I learned when doing my carb free cheesecake: use a water bath.
Meaning, you put the mixture on a baking sheet right? ok Put this baking sheet on a bigger one
and pour some water in it. It will keep the batter form dry out too much while cooking ;)
Sh#t I'm getting fancy here :D

indysoccer16

I do Warrior diet, I eat my meal between 9pm and 1am, I fast the rest of the night/day (about 20hours)
I have three meals in that window consisting of:
chicken, egg whites, fat free cottage cheese, fat free greek yogurt, whey based dessert
(like these bars, 2 or 4 chunks, depending on the size, I weight them) for protein
home made carb free cheesecake and avocado are my fat sources (aside from fish oil)
two slices of whole wheat bread are all the carbs I take it (I can make two sandwiches,
re-slicing them)

I take in 1500/1600 calories 6 days a week (yes, calorie deficit),
I do one refeed/carb-up a week when I cut protein and fat a lil
to make room for carbs. In that day I take in about 3k calories, 70% from carbs.
I don't cheat on my diet, ever. I count everything, weight everything.
I train first thing in the morning, fasted, 40gr of BCAA a day divided in pre/intra/pwo
My refeed is done in my heaviest wo day (legs) and it's preceded by a full body depletion workout the day before,
and followed by another very heavy wo the next day (back).
I don't do cardio, never done it, I train to failure, always, or till I pass out, or vomit,
or all of the above, also my sessions are very long, like ridiculously long.
My advice is: don't do what I do.

Jono

Awards
I just made these I used Calcium Caesinate protein no flavour its all I have at the moment, cacao powder and organic stevia whole eggs and vanilla yoghourt they weren't cooking properly at 350 so I bumped it up to 400 and they rose nearly 4 inches once I pulled them out they quickly settled down. The mixture tasted good so I cant wait to try them will let you know when I do:32:

SunAZ

Awards
Hi AutoKal47, these bars look really good (more dense and chewy like the Quest Chocolate Brownie bar, instead of "cake-like" bars I've seen on a lot of web postings for homemade protein bars. I know you've had a few different versions. Can you clarify this recipe for me? I understand no inulin. So is it just 1/3 cup Stevia, 1 and 1/2 cups of whey, 2 egg whites, 1/4 cup Greek fat free yogurt, 1 tsp vanilla flavor, and 2 tsp PB. Is that it? Also, I noticed there was a different recipe with the coconut flour. Is this the correct recipe for that one? 1 cup and 1/2 of whey + 1/2 Tbsp. of Stevia + 1/2 Tbsp. of baking powder + 1/3 cup erythritol (what is this? Is it a sugar alcohol? I have digestive issues, Is there something I can substitute here?) + 1/4 cup of coconut flour (Bob's Red Mill okay?). Is the version with coconut flour more "cake like" and less dense? Thank you so much for this recipe and your response!!!