Holy F**K, HMB is banned/restricted in AUSTRALIA!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where have I been?

I swear I bought it last year, and all of a sudden it's banned/restricted in AUSTRALIA.

What a joke!

Quote from someone else.

---
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your enquiry of 27 August 2016 to the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).

Unless exempt or otherwise authorised by the TGA, therapeutic goods lawfully supplied in Australia must appear as an entry in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG).

From the information you have provided it appears that products containing beta-Hydroxy beta-methylbutyric acid are entered in the ARTG, however you should review the information (such as active ingredient, strength, dosage form) to identify whether this product is consistent with the goods you are investigating.

Please note: the presence of a product in the ARTG does not always mean that the sponsor is currently supplying it in Australia.

The TGA website enables you to enter a search term and view a list of therapeutic goods that are approved for supply in Australia, as well as the Product Information and Consumer Medicine Information where applicable.

You may also find the TGA Business Services ARTG search facility useful for your research as this page provides a tabulated presentation of ARTG search results which can be exported electronically. Through this page you can also view all products added to the ARTG within the last 2 days, 7 days, 14 days or 31 days.

If the publicly available information above does not address your query, please contact the sponsor of the therapeutic good or consult your health professional regarding:

· availability of, or access to, the good

· manufacturing location or process

· ingredients or contents

· advice on using the good

· suitable alternatives to the good.
---

It may be available for import(restricted), and it may only be towards FA.

Either way, this country has gone mad.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well it's a useless compound so why does it matter?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's Leucine...

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HMB taste like corrosive battery acid.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The bulk powder I bought was actually quite sweet? ��
Not the norm, unless it's just a subjective taste thing with you - it's bitter/chemically tasting.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's amazing what can be banned these days. Even products that can do nothing and no damage get banned. Sad

PeteRyde

PeteRyde

Awards
I'm curious where this HMB banning information comes from. You can easily buy it from regular online and retail stores in Australia. Perhaps it's an issue if you want to import it.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm curious where this HMB banning information comes from. You can easily buy it from regular online and retail stores in Australia. Perhaps it's an issue if you want to import it.
As I mentioned, HMB-FA.

Bulk Nutrients claimed direct from the TGA.

PeteRyde

PeteRyde

Awards
Oh, that's right. I remember them saying that some time last year. I used to buy it from them but as they stopped selling it, I just buy it from whoever is cheapest at the time.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, that's right. I remember them saying that some time last year. I used to buy it from them but as they stopped selling it, I just buy it from whoever is cheapest at the time.
They're not even selling HMB-CA at the moment. There is other bulk powder providers tho!

It looks like HMB-FA is gone tho, I'm just interested why it was restricted.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I suspect your regulating dept came across Wilsons study and, seeing the results, came to the only reasonable conclusion:

HMBfa is roidz.

plang1234

plang1234

Awards
HMB FA has some definite advantages over HMB Calcium Salt. Although, when both were compared head to head in liquid form, the results were equal. It seems, the delivery method is key. Faster delivery pre workout increases GH both during, and PWO. Although we know acute increases in GH levels might mean F*ck all, if given the choice, Id prefer to have increased levels of GH naturally. The study done by J. Wilson showed ridiculous results. Being honest, I would not expect an increase in muscle mass just from HMB alone. But, if you find the right price (months supply can be found for about $40), it is one of the best natural anti catabolic supplements out there. When calories are at maintenance or below, I notice anecdotally, much less soreness and CNS fatigue.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HMB FA has some definite advantages over HMB Calcium Salt. Although, when both were compared head to head in liquid form, the results were equal. It seems, the delivery method is key. Faster delivery pre workout increases GH both during, and PWO. Although we know acute increases in GH levels might mean F*ck all, if given the choice, Id prefer to have increased levels of GH naturally. The study done by J. Wilson showed ridiculous results. Being honest, I would not expect an increase in muscle mass just from HMB alone. But, if you find the right price (months supply can be found for about $40), it is one of the best natural anti catabolic supplements out there. When calories are at maintenance or below, I notice anecdotally, much less soreness and CNS fatigue.
In light of all the available research, I'd rather use CaHMB for $50/year than HMB-FA for $40/month.

Here's a link to a post of mine with several studies on CaHMB:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/291068-hmb-doesnt-work.html#post5699664

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I'm using Eclipse HMB at 4.5 grams per day. Australian government is probably just trying to keep you safe. I find the side effects to be very similar to bottled water, so that might be the next thing to go.

Reactions: Nac

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm using Eclipse HMB at 4.5 grams per day. Australian government is probably just trying to keep you safe. I find the side effects to be very similar to bottled water, so that might be the next thing to go.
there was an expose on bottled water 2 nights ago (srs)

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Bugger not the HMB. Guess I'll just grab another bottle of Msten or Trest instead.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I suspect your regulating dept came across Wilsons study and, seeing the results, came to the only reasonable conclusion:

HMBfa is roidz.
Nah, they actually got it right this time - they are saving their citizens money! :D

Reactions: Nac
VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
UK has been banning odd things lately as well. They've now banned agmatine along with chelated minerals

sespress

Awards
UK has been banning odd things lately as well. They've now banned agmatine along with chelated minerals
What? Agmatine and chelated minerals. Wow. I agree ban water. And air. I hear breathing is highly Anabolicz. Lol. What's the world coming to?

Honestly they aught to just unban everything. The more they ban the crazier the alternatives get

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Luckily safe compounds that contribute to a healthy lifestyle like cigarettes, alcohol, and McDonald's continue to be available.