Holy Basil?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just read on Ergolog that researchers gave rabbits regular holy basil and the rabbits' testosterone levels went through the roof! Has anyone experienced results with Holy basil supplementation?
link to article: https://www.ergo-log.com/holybasil.html

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
yes but it is suppressive. i have used holy basil tea 1-2x / week with no negative effects

R

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take 1g of Holy Basil/Tulsi in the mornings (it is in Morphogen Adaptogen).

That study is intriguing, but I'd be cautious to expect anything similar in humans without more studies. The dose based on that study would also need to be pretty high AFAIK.

That said Holy Basil has lots of potential benefits (anti inflammatory, stress, mood, etc.), which are why I take it. It also contains Ursolic Acid, so as mentioned there may be potential for decreased sperm motility.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, as things have been going lately, anti inflammatory, stress, and mood could all benefit. Sperm motility, at my age, is not a concern.

Is 1 Gr the net amount of HB from Morphogen? And, thanks for jumping in.

I

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, as things have been going lately, anti inflammatory, stress, and mood could all benefit. Sperm motility, at my age, is not a concern.

Is 1 Gr the net amount of HB from Morphogen? And, thanks for jumping in.
It is. I'm using it as well

Attachments

R

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It is. I'm using it as well
Answered before me, but yep 1g and I don't believe you usually have to account for a certain extract with it specifically.

I haven't noticed any libido or testosterone related benefits with it directly since starting, but I've enjoyed the stress and energy boost from that product overall.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreenMachineX Supplements 2
J Supplements 19
M Supplements 11
MAxximal Supplements 4
gdbear65 Nutrition / Health 5