HokiePride...{The Return}...2016

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
2015 Started off as a year on shaky ground. I was working for a Consol Energy. I was recently transferred from the Virginia Operation where I originally was hired as an Instrumentation Technician. I worked within the Electrical Department. Following a few years of positive growth and earning a Master Degree I was shipped asked to transfer to Pennsylvania to work within the drilling department, Winter 2012. This in turn started the downturn of my family demise. They then decided my services was no longer needed and terminated my employment February 2015. Feeling distraught and breaking away from the gym, I was playing semi pro football for the Indiana Tomahawks. During this period, AnabolicMinds experienced some issues with their website and I had difficulty logging onto my account and felt I was being added to their Blacklist for not completing a product run. It was a misunderstanding on my part. I then picked up the pieces day by day and struggled to find employment but eventually I landed a job. It wasn't what I felt would quit get our family through. I then parted ways and continued to look. Finally, a job I applied to a year earlier opened it's doors and the rest is now history. Fast forward to today and I'm back on the grind. This log will be the start of a permanent reference where I will log my workouts, nutrition and lifestyle. If your in, then welcome. If your just stopping by, leave a comment. If you wish to remain on board, subscribe. On that note, my first workout will commence tomorrow when the gym is open after I leave work.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Sunday January 4th, 2016

First workout of the year. After getting off work head home but too a detour and jumped on Route 30 headed East, to hit the gym. After realizing I forgot to eat I quickly downed a sandwich from my lunchbox and swallowed a lean body RTD. Love these by the way, for on the go. Once entering the gym got myself together and realized I will once again be without a spotter. But tracking back to 11/26 when I first began my WAVE Bench program, it was created to get strong enough to bench without a spotter on hand. This WAVE is tricky since I have now entered new territory and I was successful in completing it without help. Although, there was a guy who noticed what I was doing and quickly ran over to assist. I explained don't touch the bar or give me a lift off. I'm doing this on my own. For your own sanity you may stand by. just in case. The reps are 3,2,1 with a five minute rest post wave. You follow the from top to bottom, then move to the right, then down until completing all three WAVES.

Chest Day!
Bench Press Wave 13!
365 370 375
380 385 395
385 400 405

This is all I had the energy for due to lack of sleep and food in my system. So tonight will be accessory movements on Chest, Triceps and Biceps. This initially will be a 6 week program I'm utilizing to bring up not only Bench but arms. Arms will be worked 1-3 times a week. It will all be noted during throughout log. Also, breaking down supplementation, simply three meals a day, 3 RTD with aminos, L-Carnitine {liquid} and Quadracarn.

I'll leave you with this for Motivation: How Bad DO You Want It!
https://youtu.be/lsSC2vx7zFQ

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, Jan. 7, 2016, Day 7/365

Trained everyday up until yesterday. Hitting back, arms, chest twice throughout the last week. Tonight after work headed home to see family. Working 12hrs and traveling is grueling, but I do it for the love of my little peoples. My hand is still at 60% strength although it hasn't stopped any push progress but hinders any pulling movements. This month makes It 8 months post surgery and the scary tissue continues to be a battle with allowing full motion. Going back to surgeon for a second time for an evaluation since November in hopes he goes back in a cleans out tissue.

Meanwhile, My 3 yr. old will turn 4 on January 15. I'm eyeing up my first meet in two years with RPS Power. Seeking to destroy three records in bench/squat. Dead will come once I figure a new way to grip a bar for pulling movements to build on it. I still hold a World Record with York Barbell and I have plans to smash it around my birthday. Lastly, I'm going to cross over a milestone on January 20, 2016. This will designate my final day on probation with my new employer. Being on probation for 6 months is tough and it will be great celebration for things to come. This is an exciting month and many more great days to come for 2016.

Taking the next five days off to spend with family, time for relaxation and rejuvenation and hit it hard in preps for meet in February.

Mike Rashid and Big Boy, Bench Press Marathon!!!
https://youtu.be/yN-IDltZl9k

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Jan. 13, 2013 Week III, Bench Day, Wave 11

So, I'm back from home for another week in my absolute and complete transformation to becoming more defined and cut. I'm definitely looking forward to the next 10 days of maximizing gym time while training on my next job at work. I have one week of probation left, from the original 6 months and I'm union. Yeahhhhh. In two days my oldest son turns 4 but he will have his birthday party next Saturday where he can celebrate in front of his huge family that we get together on both sides. It's going to be awesome.

Todays Workout:
Bench Press Matrix
3 375 380 385
2 390 395 405
1 395 410 415

This is all the workload I had time for. The way this works is each column represents a wave. 375x3, 390x2 & 395x1. Take five to 7 minute break and repeat next column.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hokie! That how bad do you want it video was my go to for motivation for years!!!!! You get tons of reps for that! :D

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Hokie! That how bad do you want it video was my go to for motivation for years!!!!! You get tons of reps for that! :D
Thanks bunches, puccah8808, making this the best log I've ever done, with all kinds of motivation.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bunches, puccah8808, making this the best log I've ever done, with all kinds of motivation.
That's exactly what we need here! :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want in!

I'm having a hard time understanding your workout rep/sets?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
puccah8808, I will do my best. RegisterJr, I'll explain in more detail.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Januuary 14, 2016. Another Day in the life.

I get off work in the AM, @5:00 to be exact and return to my current residence where I'm boarding with family until I can buy another home once my current one sells. I settle in to sleep and guess what? It doesn't happen. I laid awake all morning, It wouldn't have been so bad except that I get a call to come in for OT. Of course, I'm not going to turn down extra pay, so I say yes. Then the battle continued and I lost. So around 2pm I get ready, grab my stuff and head to my playground on no sleep.

Back Day {Light}
Pulldowns 5 x 20
Banded Pullups ~{Black Band} 8x8
Hammer Pulldown~5 x 20

Biceps
Bar Curl 40lbs.~ 6 x 30
Hammer Curls ~ 25lbs x 4 x 30

Todays Motivation Video "That One Day you didn't get up can push you back, I don't know How long.":
https://youtu.be/Ln_lm5p6HZk?list=PLK2PJQchmV6nuFMjVX9Ll3t8oCdFvidDN

Imagine if Steph Curry would have listened to his critics:
https://youtu.be/WLb8AwuZ7N8

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
January 20, 2016 Bench Day

Today is the first day back for this week. I repeated the bench matrix. It goes like this:

Warm Up:
135 x 20, 225 x 15, 315 x 10

Work Sets
380 x 3, 390 x 2, 395 x 1
385 x 3, 395 x 2, 410 x 1
385 x 3, 405 x 1,

Began Reverse Pyramid:
365 x 3, 315 x 8, 275 x 10, 225 x 10

I finished with Cable Corssovers Mid/Low

After finishing the sets I decided to call the quits since I had to work tonight. I'm also going to begin incorporating cardio into my program. I need to do so without sacrificing muscle or strength. The more I think about it, the more I almost think I should forget the gains in order to tear down weight in some capacity and then rebuild but it's a toss up. For now, I'll log it and add it in 2-3 times a week. I must also add work requires an excessive amount of walking 4-7 miles depending on the job yet I haven't improved cardio vascular wise. Some input can be helpful. Any reasons as to why?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering you already lift walking may not really increase your HR much, and not enough to burn calories. Adding in cardio while adding in some BCAA should prevent any major muscle loss. I can't remember where, probably from a Meadows article, that it's more beneficial to cardio exercise after weight lifting.

Try some stairs or incline cardio.

As always, strong benching man.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Considering you already lift walking may not really increase your HR much, and not enough to burn calories. Adding in cardio while adding in some BCAA should prevent any major muscle loss. I can't remember where, probably from a Meadows article, that it's more beneficial to cardio exercise after weight lifting.

Try some stairs or incline cardio.

As always, strong benching man.
After being snowed in like most people on the East Coast, My wife and I dug out our vehicles at our Mother-In-Laws Apartment complex. We had to drop off our newly purchased SUV for repair. Fresh off the dealers lot. Seems to be leaking fuel and will cost me upwards $1,100. Get this the dealer asked me to come in and purchase a warranty so it can be covered. Really? You won't accept any liability for selling me a vehicle that is basically a moving bomb. I didn't have money at the time to purchase but don't you love the dishonesty of people these days. It's awesome.

RegisterJr, I see what you mean...I feel adding in hill walking will be just the answer to my issue. I think your right, my HR isn't being raised enough but the amount of walking is excessive. Almost, to the point of not wanting to workout. I can't let work win so I will find a way. adding in cardio w/ aminos will be my next step.

Today marks week 3 of 2016. Finally got back to a solid 405 Bench and now I will work to maintain it and bring up my cardio. I Squat/Dead will be minimal in terms of weight and PR. Working to keep the #'s medium and high volume. If you've been watching or lurking I'm holding myself accountable and to the highest degree.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After being snowed in like most people on the East Coast, My wife and I dug out our vehicles at our Mother-In-Laws Apartment complex. We had to drop off our newly purchased SUV for repair. Fresh off the dealers lot. Seems to be leaking fuel and will cost me upwards $1,100. Get this the dealer asked me to come in and purchase a warranty so it can be covered. Really? You won't accept any liability for selling me a vehicle that is basically a moving bomb. I didn't have money at the time to purchase but don't you love the dishonesty of people these days. It's awesome.

RegisterJr, I see what you mean...I feel adding in hill walking will be just the answer to my issue. I think your right, my HR isn't being raised enough but the amount of walking is excessive. Almost, to the point of not wanting to workout. I can't let work win so I will find a way. adding in cardio w/ aminos will be my next step.

Today marks week 3 of 2016. Finally got back to a solid 405 Bench and now I will work to maintain it and bring up my cardio. I Squat/Dead will be minimal in terms of weight and PR. Working to keep the #'s medium and high volume. If you've been watching or lurking I'm holding myself accountable and to the highest degree.
That freaking sucks! My mom bought her RAV4 brand new in 2010 and she's had so many freaking recalls. They should fix it for free!!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
That freaking sucks! My mom bought her RAV4 brand new in 2010 and she's had so many freaking recalls. They should fix it for free!!
I found even more devastating news about my newfound vehicle. It has surface rust on the entire underside of the vehicle. After paying 1k to fix the fuel tank and lines I'm so over this vehicle already. What can you do except accept what I purchased and live with it for awhile until I pay down on the principle. Meanwhile, I have a large 4,000lb ornament in my driveway {Lincoln Navigator} that has blown air ride system. By the way, I found the Cadillac Escalade also has a blown air ride system as well except it's only used for towing. It's not completely necessary like it is for the Lincoln. Anyways, I paid 3k for the Lincoln to get worked on and it's still sitting after the dealership nickel and dimed me over it. The only vehicle I don't have issues with is the one I purchased Brand New in 2003, Nissan Altima. It's still going strong and hard.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Friday January 29. Winter 2016. The beginning of Calisthenics/Powerlifting:

I started my journey to slim down, weigh less and get back to a more reasonable weight. I've finally admitted the difficulty I have moving around, although I have tons of strength. It's nothing when you can't complete simple tasks without breathing like you ran a marathon and all I did was walk up steps. Lifting heavy weight with poor cardio is a terrible mix. I've begun training on a treadmill to complete semi HIIT. My work effort compared to most is laughable but here again, I'm admitting to myself the struggle and making a mends to begin doing what I've been leaving out for quit some time. Here is what I completed last few days.

Wednesday
Bench:
Warm Up: 135x15, 225x10, 315x10
Wave 1: 375x3, 385x2, 395x1
Wave 2: 380x3, 395x2, 410x1
Wave 3: 405x3
Finished off with Cable Crossovers, Incline Flyes

Thursday:
Close Grip Pulldowns: 4x15
Machine FLyes: 4x15
Close Grip Pullups: 1, 2, 3, 3
Treadmill: 2.5 {Resting}, 4.5 {This is considered a sprint for now, sad I know}
20minutes

Again this is my starting point and me admitting my cardio is in the trash. Everyone has to begin somewhere. This is my restart.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started my journey to slim down, weigh less and get back to a more reasonable weight. I've finally admitted the difficulty I have moving around, although I have tons of strength. It's nothing when you can't complete simple tasks without breathing like you ran a marathon and all I did was walk up steps. Lifting heavy weight with poor cardio is a terrible mix. I've begun training on a treadmill to complete semi HIIT. My work effort compared to most is laughable but here again, I'm admitting to myself the struggle and making a mends to begin doing what I've been leaving out for quit some time. Here is what I completed last few days.

Wednesday
Bench:
Warm Up: 135x15, 225x10, 315x10
Wave 1: 375x3, 385x2, 395x1
Wave 2: 380x3, 395x2, 410x1
Wave 3: 405x3
Finished off with Cable Crossovers, Incline Flyes

Thursday:
Close Grip Pulldowns: 4x15
Machine FLyes: 4x15
Close Grip Pullups: 1, 2, 3, 3
Treadmill: 2.5 {Resting}, 4.5 {This is considered a sprint for now, sad I know}
20minutes

Again this is my starting point and me admitting my cardio is in the trash. Everyone has to begin somewhere. This is my restart.
Admitting the truth to yourself is the beginning. I am in the same boat and had to do the same thing. "Oh, I'm not that big, I have a lot of muscle and strength!" Nah, I'm out of shape!!!

You got this! :)

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Admitting the truth to yourself is the beginning. I am in the same boat and had to do the same thing. "Oh, I'm not that big, I have a lot of muscle and strength!" Nah, I'm out of shape!!!

You got this! :)
Thanks @Puccah, for sure. Im going to track my development daily. The goal is to do something daily to move towards my goal and be finished by August 2016.
It will be challenging but micro steps.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm right there with you. I need to up the cardio and lower the junk.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Update: life has been hectic and I'm on track to continue building on cardio. I see its been almost a week since last post but my mother-in-law can't afford internet and my employer has striped us of all rights to a cpu. This is coming from my iPhone. Pretty ****ty situation but my only option until I sell my house and move my family closer to home.

Anyways, strength is on track and I plan to hit a bench only meet with RPS POWER. An organization that holds meets locally and state wide. I was supposed to compete there a fee years ago, paid my fee and couldn't make the meet. Lost my fee. Here is another opportunity and I plan to see where I stand. Then I'll work to do a full power, while cutting weight.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Update: Hitting some back & Bis. Accidentally found out i can hit 135lb BB CURLS with minimal English. Guess what Im going to do. Add them in weekly of course. On another note. Just anticipating Saturday to smash some PRs.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Competed yesterday and walked away with first place but not without incident. Dropped 415lbs off my chest and walked out the place like a boss! In the gym back at it again....Benching of course!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job Hokie!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
That moment when you fond out your told your work life is more improvement than your family and they don't matter. Wow. This is something o have a hard time separating. One is affecting the other badly. I just can't fathom why I never thought differently. Stay tuned, I'll explain later.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Today was a short day in the gym. Been working towards a bigger Squat/Bench/Dead. Been awhile since posting but I will always move forward within this log. I
just have limited access to a cpu since I work and live with my mother-in-law and my family {kids & wife} are in a different local. Mother-in-law doesn't
have a cpu and work doesn't allow personal access. Once I'm moved to my hometown I will post much more. I recently attended a powerlifting competition with RPS Powerlifting. It was conducted at the AMVETS in Lancaster, PA {February 23, 2016} . It was an awesome event. although I dropped 415 on my chest due to the amount of chalk that was on the bar. People kept adding more andf more to the bar as the lifting occured throughout the day. Since I still have a bad grip with my left hand the chalk didn't allow me to hold it correctly and it slipped and fell on my chest. I heard the gasps and the crowd went silent. I got up and asked if I could hit it again but it was a fail since it was unracked. I walked away with a World Record for Military/SHW/Master 40-44. I will break it next year as well as the record I hold in York, Pa with the IPA Power Federation. I plan to remain local for the time being until I'm moved, settled and can focus on work.

Flat Bench
Warm Up: 135x40, 225x20, 315x10
Work Sets: 405x3, 455x1, 455x1, 425x1 405x3
Cool Down: 365x5, 315x10, 275,10, 225x20

Cable Crossovers: 4x15x{Feeler Weight}
Machine Pullover: 4x15x70lbs
Bdwght Dips: 4x15x375lbs {yes I weigh this much}

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Leg Day

Hit legs in attempt to put more beef into my leg biceps. Just keeping things simple. This is how this day went:

Squats:
135x10
225x10
315x10
405x3
365x5
315x5
275x5
225x5

I decided to leave once complete. I get a lot of work on the job with moving around and going up and down ladders.
I can average 4-5 miles in the plant. I'm using it as my cardio as well as lifting my own bdywght to get work. Noticed
detail beginning to shine through without trying. This is the perfect job to get exercise but you have to be creative to
make it work. Once moved I will have tons of time to schedule more gym work since I use most of my off time to
travel back home to see my wife and kids a few hrs away. Once we are moved and settled my gains should take off.
I will be able to focus more on volume and get more rest without having to travel up the turnpike.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would've left after all that too. lol

How are things with the family?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I would've left after all that too. lol

How are things with the family?
Family is doing well. I'm blessed to be working again. Not relying on unemployment but still traveling and staying with family while working. I get to see my kids every couple weeks. Sometimes sooner depending on my schedule. It could be a lot worse. Anyways, we had a great Easter. Although, today is Easter, we had a fun filled week leading up to today.

Thursday: Easter Bunny visit at the Mall,
Good Friday Night: Glow in the dark Easter Egg Hunt {in the house},
Saturday: Easter Egg HUnt {Outside}
Saturday Evening: Opened Easter Basket filled with goodies, made by Mommy.

Coming off a long rest period and excited to get to it. Been dropping BF, left and right. Still have more to go. I will say due to the amount I'm carrying and noticing the remaining areas, I'm going to shock a lot of people when I shed the final amount. I'll give myself a 6 month review at the end of summer. The weather breaking and able to hit the track and get outside and more creative I'll kick up the Calisthenics. Let's not forget the strength I must maintain. This will a long process but healthy one. I have a new lead on YouTube. This guy is the truth. His name is C3Muscle. He does all his squatting AssToGrass. I don't care much for depth, as long as I'm doing what I'm capable of, whether it's to parallel or bottom out. This dude brings a whole new meaning to the Big Three:

https://youtu.be/zTZw4olKv1c

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
My Template Going Forward

Monday: Chest and Back (Lats)
Tuesday: Legs and Lower Back
Wednesday: Abs (core) and Conditioning
Thursday: Conditioning
Friday: Shoulders and Arms (with a bit of extra chest)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What gym is that video at?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Nice log man! I'm in!
Welcome JS. This will be a permanent log. I do this as a hobby. I think by creating multiple logs it even confused myself when I would test products. I decided to do an all in one, forever log and share my workouts and knowledge. Hopefully, people will visit and do the same. Thank you. Welcome.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
IG & YouTube: C3Muscle

What gym is that video at?
I'm not sure what gym he is working out of. Once again, doing research I came across this dude and was amazed at his strength on all the Big Three. He lifts continually without spotters and can squat like it's no issue. I don't think he competes in powerlifting. I found him on IG. I then researched his YouTube page.
I found so much info on IG, it's a never ending gathering of workouts, food options and dieting. The world we live in as bodybuilders, power lifters and cross fitters is small when it comes to the gyms we attend across the country. Go online on IG, Twitter, YouTube, it's an endless pit. It's crazy how the internet has linked us together.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
March 29, 2016: Cobra Back/Fat Man HIIT

I hit the gym yesterday after beginning a new stage in my conditioning and strength protocol. I decided to attack my lats old school. I paid for it afterwards. I almost got into an accident on my 30 minute drive back to home base. I was sitting on the coach and inadvertently passed out. I didn't realize just how hard I hit the weights and cardio. I think I have found my formula to a leaner, meaner self. It's going to be EPIC.

If you just hang on. You will see the work I put in. You will see why I never posted a pic. You will see results. Many of my friends and family think I'm all talk. Yeah, I wouldn't admit to myself just how much BF I was and currently carrying but when you see the rolls disappear, the tummy tighten, the lats widen, the obliques' separate, the quads harden, and your strength increase; yeah I found my formula. I could become a cardio junky and run until I pass out, lose muscle, strength and look scraggly like a bobble head. It's more fun to have experimented all this time and found, the formula to put it all together. To do what people say is impossible, lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. I'm living it. I'm doing it in stages. Hold on and I will reveal not only to you but the world what is possible at my height, weight and age.

Lats
BB ROWS {Overhand}
135x10
225x10
275x10
315x5x5

Lat Pulldown {Wide}
130x4x15 {Concentrated on width and depth}

Lat Pulldown {CLose Grip Handle, Sitting Reverse}
130x4x15

Double Arm DB Row
35x10
45x10
55x10
65x10
75x10
85x10
95x10
105x10
115x10
125x8
135x8 {Normally I would revers this on the way down in tens beginning with 130..120..110..etc}

Machine Pullover
130x4x15

FatManCardio {HIIT}
25min {2.1 Flat/8.0 Incline, 3.0mph}

Yes, this was challenging for me on the cardio side but understand my height and weight. I do not look the way most believe. This is a prequel to what I will do once June hits. I figure I have April/May to get acclimated to beginning FatMan Sprints. Trust me I call it that for a reason. It's for me remain humble and get acquainted to what I allowed my stamina and conditioning to become. Like I said come August I will post a pic regardless of where I will be. I'm sure I will be close to what I wish to be.

JackSouth

JackSouth

Awards
This motivates the f#ck out of me!! Keep goin and don't stop for nothing! And for gods sake keep posting!!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
This motivates the f#ck out of me!! Keep goin and don't stop for nothing! And for gods sake keep posting!!
No doubt, JS. I definitely will. This log will be broken at times due to travel and working in two different cities, same state. It will become the norm once my wife and kids are settled with me in our hometown post selling our house. No worries, I will continue this as my main log. I had others on other sites and they got deleted. This is here to stay. No matter how little responses I get. I'm going to build on it. Stick around bud. Thanks again for your support. I promise to try and keep it interesting.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Final Gym workout for the week

I will travel back home tonight following my 12HR shift. I at-least got two gym days in before having to travel back. Grinding to continue building on my strength and BF loss. Key word BF loss. Scale weight is just a number. I seen my surgeon about my middle finger last week. My left hand where I tore my flexor tendon, middle finger, playing semi pro football with the Indiana Tomahawks, May 2, 2016. Surgery occurred May 18, 2016. I'll have to post that picture I plan on making a poster. This way you will get an idea of who I am but not my current look. You will get that later. Anyway, I still don't have full mobility in left hand or strength but I do enough to get it work, maybe over time I can get the scar tissue to release a bit more to get more flexibility. It hinders me doing any kind of ground work, burpees, push-ups, and such. We shall see over time. He refuses to go back in and clean up the scarring. I'll have to live with it basically.

Whatever, hitting the weights I did what I do best, chesticles. If I haven't mentioned this before, I follow a few people on Youtube. Mainly, Mike Rashid. He inspired me and changed my entire outlook and programming. When you see the volume under this program don't panic or think it's unreal. I do it. I do it alone until I can chase someone for a spot.

Flat Bench
135x20
225x15
315x10
405x3
455x1 {Slingshot}
455x1 {Slingshot}
425x1 {Left one in the tank}
405x2
365x5
315x8
275x8
225x20

Delt Lateral Raise
25x3x30

FatMan Dips
BDWT 5x5

Yes, I'm all natural. No I'm not on TRT. No, I don't or have taken PH's. I utilize numbers. I can tell you how I did it. People never believe me. I can give you all the info and no one gives me feedback. I have proven what I do works. I was only able to lift 135lbs 3.5 mo. post surgery and it was shaky. I had people running up to me asking if I needed a spot. It was quit embarrassing. I dug into my records, pulled my old programs, revamped them and went to work. I have yet to get my squat and dead back up but it's coming. Stay tuned.

Workouts will continue at home but switching to calisthenics until next Tuesday.

JackSouth

JackSouth

Awards
Nice man! I like the volume that you use. I like high volume aswell. Find that to work better.
Btw, what slingshot do you have?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Nice man! I like the volume that you use. I like high volume aswell. Find that to work better.
Btw, what slingshot do you have?
JS, i have the Red Slingshot & Original {Catapult} made by Metal. I also have the slingshot arm bands & Metal wrist wraps. Depending on how i feel i utilize them individually or not at all.

JackSouth

JackSouth

Awards
Nice! Maybe time to get the black one "Maddog" since you are benchin a bit over 400?
I have the blue one "reactive" my self and I'm probably gonna upgrade soon since I'm bench 300.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the blue and it's a little light. I guess it works for me, but my bench is way lower than yours Hokie.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Nice! Maybe time to get the black one "Maddog" since you are benchin a bit over 400?
I have the blue one "reactive" my self and I'm probably gonna upgrade soon since I'm bench 300.
I'll stick with the red, it still has it's benefits as long as you use it correctly. No need to switch. It's no different than playing with the volume, sets or weight. You can progress continually no matter which you use. Just make the proper adjustments. Then, lift Raw on occasion. It eliminates the percentages if done correctly.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I have the blue and it's a little light. I guess it works for me, but my bench is way lower than yours Hokie.
Your bench is your bench. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Set your goal and achieve it. I was stuck on 315 for years until I researched how to improve it. I then was stuck on 405 for over a year and half. I got back in the game and figured another way to push past the plateau. I did it all based on numbers and a chart I use.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
So we have hit April. A new month, fresh start of my continued transformation. Plan to stick to my template I have outlined earlier. I may do a few double sessions considering I have plenty of time to throw a few in. I will continue with FatMan HIIT and report progress. I guess it would help if I activated the MyZone monitor I earned from the gym when I signed up 8 months ago. It would definitely help with tracking my conditioning. Tomorrow I will begin with Chest. I have a stint of pain which has been a thorn in my left delt since getting a shot there. It has prevented me from doing twice a week benching. Although, I've been forcing it for the last few weeks for a single bench day. Any other activities doesn't bother it so much. I will see what happens and may have to utilize my fail safe for a few weeks before continuing RAW, the slingshot. I have been resting for the last five days so it's go time. My goals are to get lean and remain strong. Stay tuned, ask questions, make comments and see you all soon.

Todays Plan: @reg
I went back and changed the original plan. This has been edited to begin a new wave load. Anyone wanting to see how I did it the first time, can watch how I used nothing but numbers and pure hard work. Reason I'm beginning from the first wave I completed is because my left shoulder is giving me issues. I can't load it with much weight. I've been battling this for almost a month. I went to the gym and I came to the conclusion I have rebuild it again. So here it is, back to the beginning.

#InternationalChestDay #ChestLandingStrip

Lehgo!
Flat Bench Press
Warm Up!
135x20, 225x15, 315x5
Work Set
285x3, 300x2, 315x1
290x1, 305x2, 320x1
295x3, 305x1, 325x1

Incline Bench Press
135x10
225x10
275x8x4

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Back Attack #1, April 6

I decided to hit Back with a bit of Chest. This is due to my focus and goal of accentuating the V-taper on my 6ft frame. I love hitting back and it's the main component that determines your best lifts whether it's bench, squat, dead pullups, etc. The stronger it is, the more PR's you will hit.

Lat Pulldown {Overhand, wide}
4 x 15

Lat Pulldown {Underhand Close Grip}
4 x 15

Straight Arm Pulldown
4 x 15

Seated Close Grip Pull
4 x 15

Incline Bench
135 x 15, 225x10, 275x8, 315x4x3

DB Flye Flat
4 x 15

BB Row {Overhand}
135x10, 225x10, 275x8, 315x5

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Back Attack 2, Day 2, April 7, 2016

Hit the gym after receiving a call for OT. This makes second day in a row. I was called yesterday and had to finish up fast. I never got the chance to do my FatMan Cardio. I've been slacking on it hard. I did figure out I can do pullups again. This is epic, especially at my current bodyweight. Not only can I do close grip, I can hang wide and do them for reps. Their not totally chin to bar but I have a long way to travel with such long arms and frame. Believe me it works for me. My form and volume can only improve from here.

Began this workout with:

Striaght Arm Pulldown, ss w/ Facepulls
15 x 4, 15 x 4

Machine Chest Flyes: {3 way, Top, Mid, Bottom}
15 x 4

Lateral Raises Mid, Front, Rear
25lbs, 25lbs, 25lbs x 15 x 4

FatMan Wide Grip PullUps
5 x 3 {15 Total}

Machine Pullover
15 x 4

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Day of Rest, April 8, 2016

So much on my plate. So much, to do and take care of. The gym is the only way to calm the beast within. I had to throw in the towel. I have a three day stretch at work over the weekend @ a total of 36hrs and then a few days off unless some OT opportunities come up. I would definitely, take if it comes up. Anyways, still having issues from my Left Middle finger, rigid as a board with a small permanent flex. This makes anything involving push up or flattening my hand difficult. I still can't lay it flat fully or flex and make a complete fist. I'm doing what I can to deal with it. Since surgery I realize I only gained my bench and gotten stronger. Now it's time to add in Deadlifting and Squatting but more intense than in the past. Found some great videos of guys hitting them hard and figured I can only pack on more muscle if I keep nutrition on point and utilize proper form, depth and control. The quest is on. Operation Get Lean is in full effect.

Tomorrow session will include: Delts/Traps/Arms/some Chest

Standing DB Curls
25x15
35x12
40x10
50x8

Standing BB Curls, Triset
60x12
40x12
20x12

EZ Reverse
70x20
70x20
70x20

Rope pushdowns
80x15
90x15
100x20
100x20
100x20
100x20

BW Dips
5 x 5

Close Grip Bench
135x8
225x8
315x8

BB Shrugs
135x15
225x15
315x15

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Leg Day, April 9th, 2016

Saturday
Exciting, it's the return of the LFL! Yes, that's right, tonight is opening day. I Love this league, these women are titans and have a ferocity that is unmatched. Too bad I'm not home watching it but my trusty DVR is capturing every moment. The ladies are sexy, beautiful and play one of the best sports in the World and in lingerie. Anyways, this afternoon was Leg Day. I hit them from every angle.

Squat
Hack Squat
Leg Press
Stiff Legged Deadlift
Seated Leg Curl
Standing Leg Curl

https://youtu.be/897xT--s1oY

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can see why you like the league. LOL

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Sunday, April 10

R&R day, looking forward to beginning a new week. Been on this long journey to drop bf and lean up. I finally getting a handle on my own body, nutrition, training, rest, sleep timing and balance with work & family. It's funny I find tons of info online and ask others questions hiw they achieved the aesthetic look and what diet they ate or cardio and I get no answers. On the same note they'll post pictures if their striated body parts and abs and leave a long synopsis about how hard it to achieve this look and hie it's not important to them to have abs, yet your showing them off. Then leave a long explanation about their feelings of depression and fit shaming they experience but won't go into detail to help someone whi is after this look. I find this amongst men:woman. Yet I'm supposed to be disappointing and feel for you because it's not a 24/7 look you can maintain. I call BS, you know what, I almost got it figured out and won't need your explanations. I won't go and create a site to charge people for their individual plans which seems to have flooded the internet.
Sure i know it takes a great nutrition profile, cardio and medium to heavy lifting with high volume....oops did i just spill the beans....but it takes time and commitment. With that being said.....ill post mine when they poo.