200x15
400x15
600x15

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday April 13, 2016, REST DAY

Decided to rest since I hit Legs and lower back within a 72HR period. I have a newfound love for squats/Deads again. I will definitely hit Legs Twice and possibly three times a week. It won't always be squats but some form of in order to raise my strength in my lower half. No longer will I focus on upper mainly but the focus has now switched. I have found some new info in my research and quest to getting lean. I utilize many sources. My biggest is IG, next to Facebook and Twitter. There are some people out there grinding harder than me. Some of them are woman. I have learned more about leaning up and diet from woman on there than men. I won't rant again on this issue with secrets and everyone coming up with a gimmick to charge people for info but I have finally put it all together. I give myself until August is when you will see the first pic of my transformation. This gives me a 18 week countdown. I'm not talking prep for a show. I'm talking being one of the leanest, strongest, fastest, and older PowerBuilder on the Planet. I don't utilize bulking and leaning phases. It's going to be an all year look. 'F' the bs people talking about how it's impossible to maintain a certain level although the pic they post or use says otherwise, then they attempt in a small way of belittlement to say it's not about being lean and having a six pack, be yourself. WTF. No, I want a 6 pack and I've seen them on people, young and old, athlete or not. Until then....................

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm with you, I'm transforming to that lean too.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
On the second to last day of 5 day rest. Bones, tendons, muscles were destroyed. Anxious to hit the gym and get started to endure i lost no strength. Operation Lean Up is in full affect. Things are looking on the up and up. Still struggling with home sale, still struggling with hand strength and flexion due to middle finger tendon rupture, still traveling up and down turnpike, making preparations to take all my woes to God so I can stay focused on family/gym/work. Why prepare? Well my aunt asked me if I watched this movie titled WAR ROOM. I finally looked it up on Comcast Demand. What a powerful movie. She said she watched it 7 times. I see why. It's based on a family surrounded by controversy and a woman is taught by a veteran prayer how to fix her problems by taking them to God and allowing him to fight for her. Her daily battles weren't hers to fight but Gods. I know not everyone believes. No problem, just skip over my post and log and forget about it. Trust me, someone will look it up who needs it and will save their marriage, job, family and relationships. I'm a novice at prayer will begin to utilize Gods hand in my life the way he intended.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Military Muscle Motivation #13 | Blood Sweat Tears (BST) April 22, 2016

Yesterday I hit Chesticles but briefly. I've been back in the gym since Wednesday. I'll post those workouts later today or over the weekend. I hit my upper and focused on the Incline and a few accessory movements to rebuild my Incline back to a 455 single. I'm also working to improve my Squat and Dead again so I can compete in a full meet. This will take time to get my numbers decent again. No matter what remain in the grind. No matter the goal, always take time each day to work toward it. Always remember the reason you started and where you intend to go. I'm always finding new ways to improve on what I currently do and tend to jump to the next without staying the course. One thing is for sure. My end goal for summer 16', is fatloss wit minmal muscle loss and strength gain. Impossible, I think not. I'll do all I can to prove the naysayers wrong. For now I'll leave you with this, the next time your too tired to go to the gym, off work, and life seems to be getting at you. Remember BST {Blood, Sweat, Tears}

Incline Bench
Warm Up: 135x15, 135x15
Work Sets: 235x10, 255x10, 275x10
Upright Row
135x3x10 {Wide & Narrow}
Miltitary Press
135x15, 155x15, 175x12, 195x10, 225x8

https://youtu.be/jiMQpV16T4w

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Sunday April 24, 2016
Its time again to get back at it. Today is Leg/Delt day. This starts the 3 day a week leg days. I'll stick with this for next 6-8 weeks to bring up my leg definition. I have plenty of it now, but by getting leaner I will develop more striations. It will be a great change in my physique. I have no doubt I can make them a tad bit bigger and pronounced. Legs are the secret to size and strength. They are the pillars if the human body. They set the foundation. Im off and until next time.......

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do not envy your upcoming leg routines.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I do not envy your upcoming leg routines.
Its for experimental purposes. I plan to get the striations and full roundness. It will all depend on timing, diet and training. One day will spent in the 3 range, another 8 range and last in the 5 range. Depending on how well my lower back feels will determine how long I do them 3 times a week. Also the amount of walking in the plant, where I work.

Today:
Chest/Back/Delts/Arms

Focused on bench
135x20, 135x15, 225x10, 315x5, 405x1, 405x1
Stopped due to severe pain in rotator cuff. Been dealing with it for weeks now.
Moved to T-Bar Rows
4Pl x 10
5Pl x 10
6Pl x 8
7Pl x 8 {Shocked at this, prior to surgery couldn't get more than3-5, no straps or belt}
Rear Delt Cable crossover
45lbs x 4 x 15
Next exercise was:
Lat Pulldowns Wide Grip
120 x 4 x 15
Lat Pulldowns Close Grip
100 x 4 x 12
Cable Crossover High Grip
80lbs x 4 x 15
Seated Cable Crossover
120lbs x 4 x 15
Delt Side Raise
20lbs x 3 x 30
Bent over Db Raise
35lbs x 3 x 30
Db Curl
35lbs x 4 x 10

Called it a day. Im sure there were a few things I left out but the above is the gist of the workout I did today. Somewhat angry about my injury. Ben 4 weeks since I've been able to be an iron warrior. I guess i will finally admit I'm hurting and back off benching. This is terrible, since I don't want to lose my bench numbers. Sacrificing it is what this sport is all about.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You doing and pre/rehab for the shoulders?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
You doing and pre/rehab for the shoulders?
Everyday! I do a bodyweight style rehab before every chest:back workout. My back got so strong over past few months because of it. I probably could have pulled 8 plates with the close grip bar but I'll save it for next month.
Im on a serious cut/recomp. At end of summer I'll post pictures. Im leaning beautifully. Im also utilizing some special supps. No pro-hormones either or steroids. There is a company out there that has some nice products most don't know about. I can't explain to you how fast I'm losing stubborn body fat. They have a formulation for energy, which is helping me get through 12Hr shifts, 2hr workouts and minimal sleep. Im still remaining strong. I would say I can't wait but let's not skip over this beautiful weather for my end result. Ill keep posting through my rehab.
I got plans and biggest is to get more beef on the wheels.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Its my off weekend and guess what I'm doing? Enjoying the sounds of pitter pattering feet and tiny voices, with cat meows and dog barking. Recovering from a long 1.5 weeks away from family. Its spring time and the sun is not out but showering with the last days of April Rain. It smells and feels good. Enjoying the peacefulness and calmness of being able to hear, look, feel and touch. The blessings of living and being able to provide for my family. Enjoying the fit life at 42 and stronger than ever. Continuing to research and experiment with my diet and exercise to chisel out the muscle that has been covered by fat for the past 15yrs. Im bringing something no one will expect. More will accuse me of off the wall drugs and abuse. Others will scratch their heads in disbelief. A few will take the time to ask to find out, what I know and what they can do to improve their health. I'll welcome all with open arms because for the longest time I preached it and no one listened. I figure by the grave of God I will show them. Even my wife is a non-believer. Little by little it's melting off. By summer end I will be on another level.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday had a great workout. Stepped up my game and decided on a mock 16 week prep without a coach to fine tune my physique. The goal is to shed bodyfat and maintain strength while preparing for a Powerlifting meet. Why the 16 weeks. Well it's main focus is on physique.

Back
Deadlifts: 5 sets x 5 reps
Incline Prone Row: 4 sets x 8-15 reps
Cable Lat Pulldown: 4 sets x 8 – 15 reps

Chest
Incline Bench Press: 4 sets x 8 – 15 reps {240lbs, 260lbs, 280lbs, 280lbs}
Machine flat press: 4 sets x 12 – 15 reps
Cable flyes: 3 sets x 12 – 15 reps

Arms
Bicep EZ Curl: 3 sets x 15 reps
EZ Bar Skull Crusher: 3 sets x 15 reps,
Hammer Curls: 3 sets x 15-20 reps
Rope Pressdown: 3 sets x 15 reps

Diet:
Consists of clean eating, 3-4 meals. 1 to 2 protein shakes. Getting 5 to 6 hours sleep depending on how often my toddlers wake up.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Training:
Yesterday was Back/Arm Day since I left them out so far this week. It will be a major volume day. In an attempt to hit them in multiple angles as well as back. Been placing emphasis on back to build pull-up strength to massive proportion. Again Summer 16 is here and I plan to surprise many people.

Back
Ladder Climb DB Rack Run: 35lbs, 45lbs, 55lbs, 65lbs, 75lbs, 85lbs, 95lbs x 8 Reps Each
Reverse Ladder Run: 90lbs, 80lbs, 70lbs, 60lbs, 50lbs, 40lbs, 30lbs x 15 Reps Each

Wide Grip Pulldown: 4 sets x 15 reps
Close Grip Pulldown: 4 sets x 8 reps
Low Cable Pull: 8 sets x 15 reps

Arms
Dumbbell Bicep Curl: 35lbs x 15 sets {15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4 ,3,2,1 reps}

Motivation: How Bad Do You Want
https://youtu.be/lsSC2vx7zFQ

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
REST DAY May 8, 2016

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Training
Hit the gym yesterday and had to come work a 12HR shift. I'm feeling it. It was a second leg day. I'm on t he tail end, with just 30 minutes left but it's been rough walking, sitting or even trying to stay awake.

Quads/Hammies

Squats: Air Squats x10
Bar x 10
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 05 x 05
225 x 10 x 03

Standing Leg Curl
5 x 15

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
5/10/2016

Sqwat Day 1 {Squat}....Rebuilding the WHEELS!
All Beltless....#ThisIsSummer16 #LeanUp #TeamTitan

135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 05
405 x 01
315 x 05 x 3 {SETS}
135 x 20 x 3

Deadlift
365lbs x 1
365lbs x 1
365lbs x 1

Seated Leg Curl
180lbs x 8 x 4{SETS}

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
5/14/16

Leg Day #2
135 x 10
135 x 10
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 05
405 x 01
315 x 05
225 x 10
135 x 10

Deadlift
365lbs x 1
365lbs x 1
395lbs x 1

Seated Leg Curl
180lbs x 8 x 4{SETS}

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
In middle of a 7 day rest period until Friday evening and it's leg day again!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Rest Period Over as of Tuesday of this week. Working on Leaning for Summer 16'.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
First workout of this coming month will occur tomorrow. It will begin with legs. Still on track with goals to lean up by end of summer. I'm setting a goal of September 1st.
This has been a rough journey. Each time I hit a major mark and get back on track things seem to get a bit rough outside the gym. I will always do my best to maintain. Until next time peeps.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
First workout of this coming month will occur tomorrow. It will begin with legs. Still on track with goals to lean up by end of summer. I'm setting a goal of September 1st.
This has been a rough journey. Each time I hit a major mark and get back on track things seem to get a bit rough outside the gym. I will always do my best to maintain. Until next time peeps.
Thats how my life seems to go too. The important thing is to keep getting back up every time you fall down. Ive got legs on tap for tomorrow too. SQUATS

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Smashed Legs today. I'm shocked since being out the gym and haven't hit legs in the past 2.5 weeks. I was off for last 10 of 11 days Hit chest once in the middle of that time period and was basically resting. I loved the session, no belt or wraps, pure strength.

Legs Squats-Day 1 for the week
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 10
405 x 05

Deadlift
365 x 1
405 x 1
425 x 1

Leg Extensions: 3 x 15
Leg Curls: 3 x 15 @ 100lbs

Will build on this until 405 @ 10 reps is normal in the squat chain. All summer this is my focus. Lean and sculpted wheels is what I'm looking for. Building that base, the foundation of strength. I also, trained fasted today and will try to do so even with my 'f' up schedule.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Did a quick session today. Consisted of back/chest/delts. Mainly upper body as a core set to hit the upper portion which involves everything for pullups. gearing up my strength to hit pullups again. By hitting chest and back same day it accents that wide and thick V taper.

Straight Arm Pulldown/ss Face Pulls: 4 x 15, 60lbs-100lbs
Chest Press {Single, Double Arm}: 2PL, 4PL, 6PL, 8PL X 15
CLose Grip Pulldown: 75lbs, 4 x 15
Wide Grip Pulldown: 75lbs, 4 x 15
Lateral Raise: 30lbs @ 3 x 30
Rear Delt Raise: 30lbs @ 3 x 30

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Well, It's Monday and just arrived at work following a long weekend. We are still trying to sell our house after a year on the market. Job on the rocks and yet I don't see my wife and kids like I want to since we are still not moved. This is a terrible time in our life right now but at least we have income for the moment. Praying my job will remain intact after the company completes the sale and we can still work on getting moved back to our hometown. Anyways, took the wife and kids out to Red Lobster for her Birthday (June 9), basically wrote my mother a text on her birthday {June 10}. Like I explained before our family dynamics right now is unexplainable. The travel I've been doing in the last year and sleeping at my mother in laws house is the saving grace for my family. Yet, no one on my side has reached out even to ask how things are going. Well such is life.

On another note, down 13lbs. Looked up my weight when I last competed in February. I weighed in at 279lb, I'm currently 266lb. All bf lost, strength maintained and getting more and more lean. Definitely in legs is getting deeper and belly is getting smaller. Moobs are disappearing. I will say end of summer initial goal will be reached. This has been done with minimal to no cardio.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Fathers Day has passed and birthday coming in a couple days. Turning 43, June 22. It's a milestone yet our lives are turned upside down. We are living, guess it's better than the alternative.Stay up all. Squats/Deads tonight.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Happy Fathers Day Hokie, and happy birthday too

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Happy 43rd Birthday To Me

Completed Chest Workout Nursing shoulder injury/pain. No flat benching but somehow doesn't affect Incline Bench as much. I'm doing what I can until I can hit flat again. It's a ****ty birthday since I'm still separated from my wife and kids due to home not selling. I only wish I had a solution to end this pain. I applaud people who live with their family and can pay all their bills and enjoy life. I only wish I ours could be normal. It's been over a year and house just won't sell and we had several realtors. Seems to me we may be moving on to a fourth. I just don't have any solutions. Job is still up in the air. I only pray they don't make cuts like they are proposing. Such is life right?

Incline Bench
Warm up: 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 275 x 10
Work Sets: 315 x 8 x 4 {Sets}

Flat Smith Press
2PL x 15 {Single Arm}, 2Pl x 15 {Double Arm}
4PL x 15 {Single Arm}, 4Pl x 15 {Double Arm}
6PL x 15 {Single Arm}, 6Pl x 15 {Double Arm}
8PL x 15 {Single Arm}, 8Pl x 15 {Double Arm}
10PL x 15 {Single Arm}, 10Pl x 5 {Double Arm}

Cable Crossovers
3 Way: 15 x 4 {Sets}, 70lbs

Straight Arm Pulldown ss/w Face Pulls {Every Workout I do this}
15 x 4

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Back on my grind. Home sold in Shelocta Pa. after waiting for a year and a half, fired three realtors and fought tooth and nail to sell according to its true value. About to close on a new home. Changed gyms and still working a job that is ending soon, such is life. Been applying but no word from any employers in the area. You would think with my credentials it wouldn't be so tough. All the fight and anger over veterans in last few months and this veteran finds himself in dire need of a job. Seems on the surface people want something to rant about but don't take Veterans in this country seriously. It infuriates me all the talk over not standing for the flag and how disrespectful it is not to stand. How does not standing feed my family, or clothe my kids or keep a roof over our heads. Yeah, protest and argue all you please while my family suffers in the long term over what is deemed disrespectful. Yet, a veteran with my credentials and work history gets turned away or ignored when it comes to employment. People wonder why I ignore all their gestures or thanks for serving. Keep it moving.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/18/2016
Flat Bench
Warm up: 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 275 x 10
Work Sets: 415x 3 x 2 {Sets}
Reverse Pyramid: 365x8, 315x10, 275x15, 225x20

Side Flat Smith Press
1PL x 15 {Single Arm}, 1PL x 15 {Double Arm}
2PL x 15 {Single Arm}, 2PL x 15 {Double Arm}
3PL x 15 {Single Arm}, 3PL x 15 {Double Arm}
4PL x 15 {Single Arm}, 4PL x 15 {Double Arm}
5PL x 15 {Single Arm}, 5PL x 5 {Double Arm}

Cable Crossovers
3 Way: 15 x 4 {Sets}, 70lbs

Straight Arm Pulldown ss/w Face Pulls {Every Workout I do this}
15 x 4

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Thanksgiving Benching:
135x20...135x20...225x15...315x10...415x3.......425x3...415x3.....365x6....315x10....275x10.......225x43 {Birthday Burnout}

In case your wondering I bench up to 3x weekly. Yes, I work full body. In fact, I workout at home doing minuscule type work unnoticed by many like pushups, hamstring exercises, quad exercises and light db work. Im about to put in more work. Especially now that I have room in my house to add equipment and areas to train in spring/summer to hit sprints and such.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/25
Off Continuing to move into new home since November 23.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Strong benching as always. Good luck with the move!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Getting some gym work in prior to Battle of the Virginias! Virginia Tech Hokies vs Virginia Cavaliers

Lt Chest/Back
Incline Bench: 135x10, 225x10, 315x8, 405x1,
365x5, 315x5, 275x5, 225x15

{Update still coming}

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Strong benching as always. Good luck with the move!
I haven't listed many other exercises because I'm focused on regaining the strength numbers to hit PRs at next meet February 2017. Also, from getting settled into new home, life changing all the way around. Will compete full power November 2017 so then add all other exercises to list when posting. Thanks for visiting.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Prepping for RPS Powerlifting Competition February 2017. Leading to a Push/Pull @ York BB 2017 into a final meet Full Power @ York BB November 17. Lets Get it.
Starting to today I will list full prep details for the year. Initial 16 weeks will be a 6 day a week program for initial first 4 weeks. Then depending on where I'm at will continue or change it up.

Tonights Plan: Back/Chest/Arms

Deadlifts: 5 sets x 5 reps
Incline Prone Row: 4 sets x 8-15 reps
Cable Lat Pulldown: 4 sets x 8 – 15 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets x 8 – 15 reps
Machine flat press: 4 sets x 12 – 15 reps
Cable flyes: 3 sets x 12 – 15 reps

Bicep EZ Curl: 3 sets x 15 reps
EZ Bar Skull Crusher: 3 sets x 15 reps

Hammer Curls: 3 sets x 15-20 reps
Rope Pressdown: 3 sets x 15 reps

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/30/16

All warmed up on this late Wednesday Evening up to 405lbs. About to touch 455lbs for first time since 2015. Wish me well.

{Update} Done
135x20, 225x15, 315x10, 405x5, 455x1 {PR}, 405x4, 365x5, 315x10, 275x10, 225x15!
TITANMedical

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Had a great workout tonight.

Banded Pull-Ups: 10x10
Delt lateral Raises: 35x30, 45x30, 55x30, 35x40
DB Shrugs: 100x20, 110x20, 115x20
Ss w/ Rear Delt Raise: 35x20, 35x30, 35x20

Going into a microcycle where it's multiple workouts 5-7 but 45min or less.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Killed my workout tonight, continuing to lean up nicely. First day of the month and excited to see what I can do in 2017. For now end the year strong.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Continuing on this journey and hitting the weights with a vengeance. Had to take a few days to rest due to fatigue and little sleep. Back on my grind tonight. Looking to smash to hit another PR mid week with a 455 double. Lacking in the squats and deads. The games will begin this week to end the year strong. on tap tonight is 500 rep Chest Program, followed by 10x10 Banded Pull-Ups, Max Incline Sets.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Here we go again. Tonight back and chest on deck. Hope everyone is being safe for the holidays, knockout some shopping and remaining calm with the craziness of the upcoming holiday.

Flat bench: 135x20, 225x15, 315x10, 405x5, 455xFail, 455x1 {Slingshot}, 405x10 {Slingshot}, 365x5, 315x8, 275x10, 225x10

Tons of volume. Seemed a but off this evening. Go back Sunday fully rested and plenty of fluids to hit this again. I will not fail. Hit it a week ago so I will cut the volume and get it done. This weeks focus will be arms, possibly for next 6 weeks to bring them up to size.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
On an 8 day stretch of 12s. Possibly get one more day this week. Sunday will be next day off and back to work. Tonight will be arms. I never really liked focusing on arms for a main workout but this will become a main body part until I'm satisfied with growth. By the way, drinking a gallon water daily has been a chore. I don't know how most people get it in with ease but I guess it will be something I have to work on. Until next time peeps.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 at work to include OT for 4 of those days. Then one day off and back in on Monday and Tuesday. This is a hectic work schedule. Squeezing workouts in is a must though. Found some great info on my IG to help advance my workouts and plateaus. Also, looking down the road ahead, looking to add a sponsor possibly. There are a lot of things I still have to change in order to do so. This will be all on my own, no help. There are tons of ways to get sponsored, the biggest being be your own promoter until someone finds you. Companies are looking for their next star even after signing a new one.

Anyways, bringing my workouts to a more functional style to create a more symmetrical balanced physique. I have a long way to go aesthetically and physically but it will be done. Tonights focus will be Legs/Lower Back.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Day 10 on OT stretch. averaging 5HRS Sleep but no biggie. Just doing what I do in order to maintain and gain. Been researching a bunch online, been finding some incredible info pertaining to bodybuilding and powerlifting. Combining both aspects into power building has been a slow process but I got the keys to make it finally work. I can't wait to get to the level I perceive in my mind, it will bring on bigger and better things. For now...........

Last night workout: DELTS

Military Overhead Press, Standing
135x15
155x15
175x12
195x10
205x8
175x10

Lateral Raises
25x30
35x30
45x30
35x40

DB Shrugs/ss/w Rear Delt Flye
100x20/35x20
110x20/35x20
120x20/35x20

Upright Row
45x10
45x10
45x10
45x10

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Last night workout: Arms

BB Curl
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10

Plate Loaded Machine Curl
70x15
70x15
70x15
70x15

Wide Grip PullUp
BDWT{355} x 5 Sets x 3

DB Curl
50 x 5sets x 5reps

Triceps Pushdown
Stack x 4 x 15

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Today was a day of rest. Since doing these 10 days of 12HR stretches I finally will get the chance to pull back on training and get rest. Monday was the first time I got to look out into my new neighborhood since moving in the day before Thanksgiving in daylight. It's been dark leaving and returning to work. Beginning evening shifts allowed me to finally see neighbors and such. I know it's quit hilarious when you think we have been there two weeks and every time I stepped out it was dark. It is a nice neighborhood though. It was a long year and half of waiting and debating on a foreclosure. I came close to giving up. After hiring our fourth realtor she got the job done. I must say knowing our situation and not having a whole lot to work with in terms of repairing a whole lot, she did her thing in getting it sold. The headache of moving into a one bedroom apartment with three adults, two toddlers, two dogs and three cats was along two weeks of waiting and fighting with realtor, Va association, inspectors, appraisers and such but we came out well. We survived our third home sale and finally made it home after 20 years of being away. All glory to God on the blessing and finding a nice place for us to raise our kids.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Skipped the gym last night, decided to rest. Didn't work yesterday since I didn't get a call to come in. Thank goodness. Guess what, I was off today. I get a call 4:30AM asking if I wanted to work. Sure, why not. After recovering from my medical emergency a few weeks ago just before Thanksgiving, and moving into our new home. I will actually almost recouped all five days lost from being off. Now If I can just make up for moving expenses I will be extremely happy. Back on the grind tonight after work. Chest is up next, followed by legs tomorrow.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Today worked on some upper back focused work. Trying to center my training primarily around the big three or four if you count the OHP. basically, going back to the basics of what built my size in the first place. 2017 will be a year I will hit the gym more frequently dependent upon my job situation. It may change then I will adjust from there. Anyways here is what I did:

Machine Assisted Pullups: 5x10 {multiple grips}
Triceps Dip off Dip Machine: 5x20

Triset
Straight Arm Pulldown: 5x20
Face-Pull: 5x20
Tricep Extension 5x20

Machine Pulldown: 5 x 20
Tricep Machine kickback: 5 x 20

Doesn't seem like much but there is a method to my madness.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Today consisted of some volume work. Chest Day #2.

Flat bench:
Warm Up: Bar x 30, Bar x 30
Volume: 3@135x30 {Regular}. 3@135x30 {CGB}
3@225x20 {Regular}, 3@225x20 {CGB}
3@315x12 {Regular}, 3@315x8 {CGB}
Work Set: 3@365x8 {DID NOT ATTEMPT}

Chest Flye: 5x20
Dip: 4PLx5Sets x 20
Inlcline Machine: 4Plx5x20
DB Overhead Extension: 5x20@70lbs

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Worked on Back yesterday.
Looking to grow those wings and lower the bf around my rib cage, lower abs and chest. Been a long process but I did notice that when I competed in 2015 my weight topped out at 379.1 at the weigh in, wow. Had no clue I was really that heavy. This was last February. This year I'm coming in leaner. I know I weighed in at the doctor office for a checkup at 365lbs last March or May I'll get weighed in at the meet. I have two months to cut even more for a bigger total. Most importantly I have gained my strength back since surgery last year, June 2015 from tearing my left Middle finger flexor tendon.. The weight loss has had very little impact. I plan to get down to a lower range in 300's soon or high 200's. This has all been done with very little to actually no cardio. I have a love hate relationship with it also with Squats/Deads since I'm tall. Everything within me is saying give I a go..

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Still on my grind. Took last two days off. Tomorrow is a big bench day. Looking to smash some big numbers. Lots of volume. Stay tuned.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Merry Christmas Everyone