Hman's cutting up!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Doesn't something in grapefruit have to do with repartitioning nutrients? For some reason I thought i remembered a supplement with grapefruit something or other in it.
grapefruit has a whole host of benefits..
has an impact on metabolism..
contains HCA, which is in a boatload of fat-burners..

HCA is an acronym for Hydroxy Citric Acid. Its purported effects are to inhibit the conversion of fat by blocking the enzyme ATP citrate lyase and to decrease appetite. Garcinia Cambogia is the standardized herb of HCA. Naringin is NOT the same as HCA (carcinia cambogia) but it is isolated from grapefruit. Naringin is an inhibitor of an enzyme that is responsible for metabolizing caffeine and has been shown to possibly prolong caffeine's fat burning effects.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Very interesting I will have to be trying that out. It doesn't sound like it would go well with each other though.
actually, they go very well together -- better than you think!
kind of addictive..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a little background on 'the grapefruit diet':
Though the grapefruit diet originated in the 1930s, it came to popularity in the 1970s, when it was erroneously propagated through Xeroxlore as "the Mayo Clinic Diet", though the Clinic has no connection to the diet and how the connection started is unclear. The diet significantly limits the amount of fruits and vegetables one eats while encouraging meat intake; the combination of these high-fat, high-cholesterol foods with grapefruit is claimed to burn fat. Although the number of days in the diet varies, it generally involves a set number of days on the diet followed by two "break" days.[1] It was re-popularized in the 1980s and nicknamed the "10-day, 10-pounds-off diet".[7]

A 2004 study funded by The Florida Citrus Department[5] found that participants lost an average of 3-4 pounds over 12 weeks by eating half a grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice with each meal and exercising regularly; many participants lost more than 10 pounds.[8] It was hypothesized that the grapefruit reduced insulin levels, encouraging fat loss.[5] However, the study involved a healthy diet with the addition of grapefruit, in contrast to a normal "grapefruit diet".[3]

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
a little background on 'the grapefruit diet':
Very nice snag! Thanks for the info on that little gem we call grapefruit. I am going to try that out for sure. I tried to rep ya, but i haven't been whoring enough.:laugh2:

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Very nice snag! Thanks for the info on that little gem we call grapefruit. I am going to try that out for sure. I tried to rep ya, but i haven't been whoring enough.:laugh2:

I ate grapefruit every morining and in the afternoon in my last cut, and I got pretty effing ripped!! Of course the rest of my diet, cardio,training, and supplements were on point, but I would have thought the sugar in the grape fruit would be counter productive. SILLY ME:happysad:! LOL

Needless to say, when ever I do my next cut (been starting every monday so far but still need to start:laugh2:) I will def eat grapefruit during my next cut (when I finallly get my lazy arse motivated). By the way hman, allready looking! (no homo!)

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I ate grapefruit every morining and in the afternoon in my last cut, and I got pretty effing ripped!! Of course the rest of my diet, cardio,training, and supplements were on point, but I would have thought the sugar in the grape fruit would be counter productive. SILLY ME:happysad:! LOL

Needless to say, when ever I do my next cut (been starting every monday so far but still need to start:laugh2:) I will def eat grapefruit during my next cut (when I finallly get my lazy arse motivated). By the way hman, allready looking! (no homo!)
Honestly man you are a big motivation to me . I saw your cut in the pics thread and you did a great job!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly man you are a big motivation to me . I saw your cut in the pics thread and you did a great job!
Man, I checked those out. INSANE change for only a 30lb drop in weight. Excellent work my man. I dropped from 220 down to 168 and I wasn't even that ripped.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from chest and tri's had a good pump going and I am definitely getting leaner. My weight is sitting at 182. I wasn't very good on the diet this weekend had some drinks at my buddies bday...ehhhh. I am gonna be killing it this week though here are some pics from today

Attachments

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn bro! Shoulders look nasty!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Androgens will do that too shoulders over time. :) Good log hman. Thanks for not linking me when it started. :p

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Androgens will do that too shoulders over time. :) Good log hman. Thanks for not linking me when it started. :p
Lol sorry man I haven't linked anyone:sick: What do you mean by androgens making shoulder pop? Just cycles in general? It seems they get enough work from my inclines so i just said I would try a while without doing them. I might throw some side raises after chest sometimes but that be it.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I was just playing around but in general there are more androgen receptors in the shoulders and upper back (if I remember correctly). This is why you will see stare roid users with huge traps/shoulders. It tends to even out though.

You seem to be making some solid progress though.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking great, H! Really dicing up. How are those legs?

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Looking great, H! Really dicing up. How are those legs?
Thanks man. Legs are actually finally starting to get up with the upper body. My legs are bastards when it comes to gaining size(nothing like yours Irish). I will post a pic later of zee wheels. On another note progress isn't going awesome because i have been eating too many carbs while working but I have too. This is my last week doing this job. I start school next week and I am always on point with training and diet when school is going . I am excited for the school. You guys will be seeing a lot of progress starting next week. I am hoping to be sitting at 8% by end of September. I think that is extremely possible.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
School always helps to keep me on track...Only one semester to go before graduation! :D

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Well damn, thanks! I'm glad my results could help motivate someone!! And thanks IC also! But any who, you are looking effing swole bro!! Great size and fullness, and leaning out nicely. You are gonna look SICK once you get a tad bit leaner. Will be riding along to see how everything is progressing!:147:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
The pics have you looking solid and very lean. Good work! You are inspiring me to hit my goals of being lean and mean.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Well guys I have some bad news on my part. It has some benefits though, at least that how I have to think of it. I got my second dui last night and I am gonna be losing my license I am sure. The pluses are that i will be stuck at my house for a while, but that means diet will be on point and i have to ride my bike to the gym so I will be a lean machine after this is all over. what did I get myself into. I guess I figured that i am not good at drinking I reallly don't drink my but when I do it doesn't stop. So i will not be touching another drop. That should help me lean up too. I just thought i would share this with my am brothers. Keep me in your prayers i will need it.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dammit man. :blink:
Ya. That sucks pretty bad. Never looks good on a record, that's for sure. Hopefully you've wised up from all of this, H. I've had some pretty stupid experiences, and simply by the grace of God I've never been caught by the law, only the parentals. Haha. - I remember one time driving drunk, only about a year ago. It was the stupidest thing I had probably ever done. It was about an hour drive from where I was to back home. I was completely smashed; drinking Jameson and Irish Red all night. I had just ran deep in a poker tournament and got knocked out by making a stupid and overly-aggressive play on a rather good opponent, so I was pissed and had to forget about it somehow, so my buddies took me out...Anyways, when I got back home, I passed out in the kitchen and woke up on the floor in a puddle of sweat. Imagine if I had done that driving! :paranoid:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Ya. That sucks pretty bad. Never looks good on a record, that's for sure. Hopefully you've wised up from all of this, H. I've had some pretty stupid experiences, and simply by the grace of God I've never been caught by the law, only the parentals. Haha. - I remember one time driving drunk, only about a year ago. It was the stupidest thing I had probably ever done. It was about an hour drive from where I was to back home. I was completely smashed; drinking Jameson and Irish Red all night. I had just ran deep in a poker tournament and got knocked out by making a stupid and overly-aggressive play on a rather good opponent, so I was pissed and had to forget about it somehow, so my buddies took me out...Anyways, when I got back home, I passed out in the kitchen and woke up on the floor in a puddle of sweat. Imagine if I had done that driving! :paranoid:
Yeah my first one was pretty bad. This one was weird though cause I didn't even feel that bad at all. It funny ever since I got home i have seen that drunk driving commercial like 30 times:sigh1: I am kinda glad it happened though. I have very alcoholic genes and it is just best if i don't drink at all.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah my first one was pretty bad. This one was weird though cause I didn't even feel that bad at all. It funny ever since I got home i have seen that drunk driving commercial like 30 times:sigh1: I am kinda glad it happened though. I have very alcoholic genes and it is just best if i don't drink at all.
It sounds like it was the kick in the butt that you needed. At least you can see it from that perspective. Some people never learn.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like it was the kick in the butt that you needed. At least you can see it from that perspective. Some people never learn.
Yeah I know. I am very stubborn as it is hence it took 2. I just want to learn and progress. I am gonna be lean as hell from all this bike riding though. lol

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Props for seeing it as something positive hman. Have some mates that have been done DUI and want to play the victim, cool to see you're being a man about it.

You're going to be shredded beef champ. :)

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Props for seeing it as something positive hman. Have some mates that have been done DUI and want to play the victim, cool to see you're being a man about it.

You're going to be shredded beef champ. :)
I don't know if its me being a man or just to scared to look at it the other way. lol If I don't look at the positives then I would probably be in a world of hurt, but thanks for the kind words!

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Put it this way buddy, better to learn the lesson after getting pulled over when only moderately over as you did than coming to in the mangled wreck that was your car after cutting a school bus in half. To say you're gonna stop drinking altogether is a big call too.

Plus you're already talking about how you can integrate it into your training. Two thumbs up.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think quitting drinking is the best option for someone that has an addictive personality, and especially if alcoholism is a problem in the family genes. There are other enjoyable chemicals. :lol:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Put it this way buddy, better to learn the lesson after getting pulled over when only moderately over as you did than coming to in the mangled wreck that was your car after cutting a school bus in half. To say you're gonna stop drinking altogether is a big call too.

Plus you're already talking about how you can integrate it into your training. Two thumbs up.
Yeah saying no more booze is a big thing, but i don't have a option. Me and the sauce don't mix well or maybe we mix too well. Anyway i look at it, it causes me alot more harm than good ya know?

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I think quitting drinking is the best option for someone that has an addictive personality, and especially if alcoholism is a problem in the family genes. There are other enjoyable chemicals. :lol:
Yeah it is a big time for me too. I am also quitting my favorite girl mary for school reasons. I might do it here and there but not a daily thing like before. I need to focus on school and my training i think that will be my best approach. i have know that i need to do this for a while but now the facts got thrown in my face in a not pleasurable way. So my mind is set. I am interested to see how many of my so called "friends" still want to talk to me after all my changes.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
If they're decent friends they won't mind mate. If they aren't and they do... f*ck 'em.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah it is a big time for me too. I am also quitting my favorite girl mary for school reasons. I might do it here and there but not a daily thing like before. I need to focus on school and my training i think that will be my best approach. i have know that i need to do this for a while but now the facts got thrown in my face in a not pleasurable way. So my mind is set. I am interested to see how many of my so called "friends" still want to talk to me after all my changes.
That's an interesting statement, and a point I always make. You'd be surprised how many "friends" you lose when you realize you can't handle them now that you're not stoned and spiffed. They start to annoy you, and you'll view them as pathetic...or at least I did. I definitely hang out with people that drink, but they don't see it as a necessity for a good time. It's the people that do that you need to stay away from.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you on the alcohol deal. Your friends should treat you the same, but you just might not be hanging out as much with them since they are gonna be at bars at times. The mary jane situation... you're getting to the age when people start having the opposite reaction to it. Trust me, as soon as you get out of school, most of your friends will stop smoking herb. These days I am one of the few who still holds it down for the cause in my group of friends. Honestly though, I think my use of cannabis rather than alcohol as my inebriate of choice has kept me from getting rolled up while driving.

But in all seriousness... you don't need any of it. If I were to quit smoking today, all that would really change is the amount of sleep I got. And I assume I would eventually normalize by abstaining from THC. Do the sobriety thing, you'll probably feel like a brand new you.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you on the alcohol deal. Your friends should treat you the same, but you just might not be hanging out as much with them since they are gonna be at bars at times. The mary jane situation... you're getting to the age when people start having the opposite reaction to it. Trust me, as soon as you get out of school, most of your friends will stop smoking herb. These days I am one of the few who still holds it down for the cause in my group of friends. Honestly though, I think my use of cannabis rather than alcohol as my inebriate of choice has kept me from getting rolled up while driving.

But in all seriousness... you don't need any of it. If I were to quit smoking today, all that would really change is the amount of sleep I got. And I assume I would eventually normalize by abstaining from THC. Do the sobriety thing, you'll probably feel like a brand new you.
I just want to thank all of you guys for the support. You guys don't know how much it helps me carry on. On the mary thing. I never had a big problem with it. I love it and do it quite a bit but it never affected anything except my school. Who knows I might like this sobriety thing.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's an interesting statement, and a point I always make. You'd be surprised how many "friends" you lose when you realize you can't handle them now that you're not stoned and spiffed. They start to annoy you, and you'll view them as pathetic...or at least I did. I definitely hang out with people that drink, but they don't see it as a necessity for a good time. It's the people that do that you need to stay away from.
Bro its sooo depressing. I quit smoking/drinking (kinda) about a year or so ago and all my friends have become a drag to hang out with. Really sucks

H, sucks things turned out the way they did bro. Life is full of learning experiences and you have to take the good with the bad and stay positive, which you have done. Props bro. I hope you nip this thing in the bud man.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I guess it all comes down to priorities. I don't have a problem hanging out with my friends who drink, and they usually don't have a problem with hanging out with me even though I smoke herb. The thing is, my business is my #1 priority, then comes bodybuilding/girlfriend... I think bodybuilding usually wins out on the priority list... the weights don't argue with me. hahaha.

But my point is, I don't smoke during the day. I get my business done, if I was in school I would get that done with before I smoked too. Once I have nothing to do but to veg out and watch TV or read a book, why not get a little buzzed? It's when we let these things get in the way of our priorities, or when we make these things a priority that they become problems.

I'd say to go clean for a while, but don't be rediculous about it. If say you get an "A" on a test or paper, reward yourself by rolling one up. But keep it at that. There is something to be said about enjoying one's youth as well.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I guess it all comes down to priorities. I don't have a problem hanging out with my friends who drink, and they usually don't have a problem with hanging out with me even though I smoke herb. The thing is, my business is my #1 priority, then comes bodybuilding/girlfriend... I think bodybuilding usually wins out on the priority list... the weights don't argue with me. hahaha.

But my point is, I don't smoke during the day. I get my business done, if I was in school I would get that done with before I smoked too. Once I have nothing to do but to veg out and watch TV or read a book, why not get a little buzzed? It's when we let these things get in the way of our priorities, or when we make these things a priority that they become problems.

I'd say to go clean for a while, but don't be rediculous about it. If say you get an "A" on a test or paper, reward yourself by rolling one up. But keep it at that. There is something to be said about enjoying one's youth as well.
Very true g! Thats how i was going to approach it as well. Your a smart dude!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree G. Only reason I had to quit is because I am one of the unlucky ones. Once I smoke, I am unable to function, regardless of what strain it is. :dunno: My life has only gotten better anyway...still miss it tho :(

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I agree G. Only reason I had to quit is because I am one of the unlucky ones. Once I smoke, I am unable to function, regardless of what strain it is. :dunno: My life has only gotten better anyway...still miss it tho :(
I mean, I don't function to 100% of my mental/focusing abilities when I smoke, which is why I do my work first. But if I don't have to function on a timeframe, or just have to be creative, then I'm gonna be lit.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mean, I don't function to 100% of my mental/focusing abilities when I smoke, which is why I do my work first. But if I don't have to function on a timeframe, or just have to be creative, then I'm gonna be lit.
When I smoked that's how I handled it. It's all about taking care of your priorities. Smoking was never a priority for me, nor should it be for anyone. I'd wake up early, train, do homework, go to class, get all my cooking done, train again (this is when I was training twice a day), do more homework, and THEN when I finally had time to chill, if I did that was, I'd smoke.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Guess what guys it gets worse! One of my friends friends drove my car home the night i got arrested and he stole all my money out of my wallet. Way to hit someone when they are down. Fukking punk a@@ B1tch

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Guess what guys it gets worse! One of my friends friends drove my car home the night i got arrested and he stole all my money out of my wallet. Way to hit someone when they are down. Fukking punk a@@ B1tch
Weed or no weed, sounds like you need some new friends buddy. You've got a few guys in this thread who have or continue to enjoy the occasional bit of green, don't think any of us would rob you though. I certainly wouldn't.

Just don't go breaking his legs and ending up in irons buddy. If you absolutely MUST do something violent remember the important term is 'plausible deniability' or in the event you want to go well over-board, 'habeus corpus'. No body, no crime.

Whatever you do though ditch the dead****s, sounds to me like they're dragging you down.