38yrs
6'2"
285lbs
26% bf

215 grams of protein 28%
225 grams of fat 67%
40 grams of carbs 5%

total calories will be 3025 - 3100

i will be running 2 week phases through end of year then regroup. day 1 - 13 i will be following the above protocol. on the evening of day 13 and all of day 14 i will carb up. carbs will be about 550 grams all the while keeping the protein the same and dropping the fat down to about 10% of total calories.

thanks for any and all input

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
carbs 10-12g day PRIMARY SOURCE VEGGIES

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I ran keto, I ran protein much higher than fat. Just my personal preference in terms of doing it.

rdj6107

Awards
When I ran keto, I ran protein much higher than fat. Just my personal preference in terms of doing it.

MidwestBeast, how was your results and have you tried it the other way with higher fat over protein?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MidwestBeast, how was your results and have you tried it the other way with higher fat over protein?
I had great results - very gradual, steady fat-loss. I did carb-refeeds every 3rd or 4th right as my final meal (instead of doing a full weekend carb-up). The next time I do it, I'll likely move the carb re-feed to earlier in the evening just to toy with it, but it was successful for sure.

I have not tried to higher fat content route - just my personal take that it would be more beneficial to take in very high protein. I'm sure others have differing opinions on it.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Problem with upping protein too much is that some of it will get converted to glucose. Have suffecient protein but up the fat so that you body thinks of it as its primary energy source. Once it becomes effecient at burning fat you can start to reduce the fat intake and your body will easily burn stored as a preferred source of energy.

Chest

Awards
Im running keto right now and everything is going great, im refeeding once every week and im pleased with the results but on the carb up days i get such bad stomach aches that i nearly puke. why is this? i dont think im overeating

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Problem with upping protein too much is that some of it will get converted to glucose. Have suffecient protein but up the fat so that you body thinks of it as its primary energy source. Once it becomes effecient at burning fat you can start to reduce the fat intake and your body will easily burn stored as a preferred source of energy.
how many grams of protein per pound of bodyweight do you suggest.. 1 per pound of bodyweight???

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
You can go up to 50grams and still stay in keto (source Lyle Mcdonald's books) He advises not dropping below this very often unless protein is high.

Protein at 1-2grams Lean body mass. If you are dropping below 50grams 1.5-2grams. The more intense the training the closer you go to the 2 grams per LBM. You do not need extra protein for your additional fat mass. (source Lyle Mcdonald)

Carb ups based upon how lean you are and your intensity in almost all cases.

Let us all see what your diet looks in terms of food. I mean if your eating all fatty hamburger and cheese your not doing the best you can do here.

Foods that I like for Keto:
Nuts and nut butters
Olive Oil
Lean ground beef (yes still lean)
Chicken
Fish (though I dont eat fish)
fish oil in high doses
Protein powders (even on higher carb my diet main protein source is protein powder)

I like to keep it really lean. In moderation you can include fatty cheeses and milks and fattier meats. I have done keto on a bad diet and been eh and felt like junk. Then I have used more mono and poly fats than anything and I feel better and respond better. Also your body will make better use of the carbs you do take in.

carbs
From nuts and nut butters
from dairy (if you use it but minimal and preferably post workout)
Green veggies (will take a lot to hit your limit)
These should be your main carbs. I advise taking any carbs that are not green veggies after workout.

Also take a fiber supplement 3x a day.