HCG Complete....

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
So I've been out of the loop for a bit as far as the boards go. I've been catching myself up and and came across something that made me facepalm so hard I had to vent:

HCG Complete

Something cannot be complete HCG if it contains no HCG. This is whoring at it's worst. Also, the fact that HCG regimens for weight loss are bunk. Further compound the fact HCG needs to be injected. Finally, it's in a dropper bottle so it looks like the garbage you find at Wal-Greens.

Stuff like this really shouldn't surprise me, but wow... just wow.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
i'd go as far as to say there are more products to facepalm than there are to rave about.

if there weren't so many stupid people in this world buying crap, there'd be less crap.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
P.T. Barnum said it best. It's too bad. During the Ph era, LG used to produce some of the most effective products on the market. Also see DA-HCG by Taurus.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with you about the name, it irritates me as well. The profile however is not too bad. Consumers should ALWAYS read the ingredient panel and research what they're about to buy. If they did that, they would find HCG Complete complements our Rezolution quite nicely and can really aid in fat loss.

You can't blame a company for trying to market their products.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you about the name, it irritates me as well. The profile however is not too bad. Consumers should ALWAYS read the ingredient panel and research what they're about to buy. If they did that, they would find HCG Complete complements our Rezolution quite nicely and can really aid in fat loss.

You can't blame a company for trying to market their products.
Absolutely not and that wasn't my intention. However, when a company seems to blatantly mislead and imply a product is something that it is not, that is when I am offended.

From the product write-up on NP:

"HCG Complete: Don't Be Fooled By Competiting Products!

While Dr Simones published his original HCG diet plan in 1954, it was not widely publicized. Over the years more and more people have found this diet plan that reportedly can allow people to drastically reduce their caloric intake without experiencing hunger pains, irritability or weakness. Dr Simons also noted that even without exercise the HCG diet reshaped his patients bodies. He concluded this was due to fat losses in adipose tissue accumulations, which made the changes more apparent.

Most HCG dieters report a loss of 1 to 2 lbs a day. 1 lb is generally lost in the first day."

What do you think about that?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've read the write up, and i've read the data behind HCG. HCG is a gimmic, it doesn't work, and when it does mildly work it's simply because patients are prescribed a 500 calorie diet. Hypocaloric diets work, HCG does not. The fat loss from our product is because of a diuretic effect, and appetite suppression, which works well with Rezolution. The product does aid in fat loss, but not because there is HCG or a form of HCG.

Are we misleading consumers regarding HCG? That's debatable.

Does HCG Complete aid in fat loss like we state? Yes.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I've read the write up, and i've read the data behind HCG. HCG is a gimmic, it doesn't work, and when it does mildly work it's simply because patients are prescribed a 500 calorie diet. Hypocaloric diets work, HCG does not. The fat loss from our product is because of a diuretic effect, and appetite suppression, which works well with Rezolution. The product does aid in fat loss, but not because there is HCG or a form of HCG.

Are we misleading consumers regarding HCG? That's debatable.

Does HCG Complete aid in fat loss like we state? Yes.
Until I drink a glass of water.

Sorry to bust your balls man as I know this isn't your fault, but it's not debatable.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's like this. The HCG diet whether you like it or not works for some people. Of course it is because it is 500 calories, not that the HCG somehow makes you lose weight. HOWEVER:

Is it possible that HCG curbs cravings? Sure it is. It's possible.

Is the LG HCG product superior to WATER or HOMEOPATHICS? Yeah, we think so because the ingredients follow very similar pathways as shown by the preliminary studies. The other HCG products are literally water (the top seller at GNC and Walgreens contains 9ng of amino acids to give you an idea that is .000000009 grams).

Do we claim that it CAUSES YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT? Absolutely not. Everyone knows it's the 500 calorie diet. The reality is that a MD prescribes HCG to people to help them lose weight, so in his mind at least something about this pathway is going to reduce cravings. No one even knows why or even IF HCG injections absolutely help reduce cravings. However we feel that our product is far superior to WATER from other companies if you choose to believe the Doctor's theory and IF you can't get or don't want to use HCG injections.

Might HCG Complete help you reduce cravings? Yeah, I think it might if you believe Dr. Pericone but either way people are looking for something OTC to use with their "HCG Diet" and can't afford or can't get HCG injections. This product can be used along with that diet.

We are not misleading anyone at all with this product. The reality is that people want to try different weight loss protocols. The name isn't saying it contains HCG. It's not "HCG INSIDE" or "REAL HCG".

Take 2 cents of water, sugar, some salt and a little bit of flavor what do you have Gatorade. Just because something is simple doesn't make it a scam.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What makes me slap my head is that Walgreens and GNC is selling a product that is pretty much water. We make something cool with some neat preliminary science behind it and everyone makes a scene. The holier than attitude on this and most boards truly sickens me. Go picket Coke for selling 8 cents of color water for $1.29 if you are such a consumer advocate.

Slap your head because people are selling ZMA which is 50 cents worth of Zinc and Magnesium that can be had at any Walmart for five times the price or slap your head that people still sell Tribulus for boosting testosterone when it has been proven over and over to not work.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
P.T. Barnum said it best. It's too bad. During the Ph era, LG used to produce some of the most effective products on the market. Also see DA-HCG by Taurus.
The LG Products now are FAR superior to any during the PH era after the ban in 2004. What's so great about opening up Vida, picking a steroid that looks strong and asking a chinese guy to make it for you? You gain 20lbs of water weight and then lose it all once you stop the cycle. That's not innovation at all.

The products we have on the market today are awesome and far superior in design to any of the 2005-2011 designer PH products

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what about DA-HCG?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely not and that wasn't my intention. However, when a company seems to blatantly mislead and imply a product is something that it is not, that is when I am offended.
Word of advice......don't get offended by marketing...if you do, you will be one pissed of mofo for the rest of your life.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
We are not misleading anyone at all with this product. The reality is that people want to try different weight loss protocols. The name isn't saying it contains HCG. It's not "HCG INSIDE" or "REAL HCG"
The name is HCG Complete.

This is like Toyota making a Prius with a "Hybrid Complete" engine that lacks any hybrid engine. I bet that would go over well....

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
The holier than attitude on this and most boards truly sickens me. Go picket Coke for selling 8 cents of color water for $1.29 if you are such a consumer advocate.
...and the blatant company disloyalty shown here truly sickens me.

Why would I picket Coke? They are selling Coca-Cola and it is marketed as such. Big difference.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The name is HCG Complete.

This is like Toyota making a Prius with a "Hybrid Complete" engine that lacks any hybrid engine. I bet that would go over well....

...or companies that sell products with clen in their name...or end everythimg with drol....or naming it Nolvadex....or having gh in the title....or igf in the title....or having Mr. Olympia pose with your product...

Please...its marketing in the supp industry. If you get offended by someomes marketing, you need to relax.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
...and the blatant company disloyalty shown here truly sickens me.

Why would I picket Coke? They are selling Coca-Cola and it is marketed as such. Big difference.
Which originally had cocaine in it.....u mad it doesnt have cocaine now?

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Which originally had cocaine in it.....u mad it doesnt have cocaine now?
So you admit it did at one point have cocaine in it? So it was honest marketing at the time. Besides they aren't marketing it as cocaine now, if they were then it would be a different story. I must be missing the commercials that say, "drink coke it gets you high as hell".

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
...or companies that sell products with clen in their name...or end everythimg with drol....or naming it Nolvadex....or having gh in the title....or igf in the title....or having Mr. Olympia pose with your product...

Please...its marketing in the supp industry. If you get offended by someomes marketing, you need to relax.
I usually could care less (natadrol, novedex xt, etc), but this one was at the next next level of ridiculous. Either way, it's my opinion and you don't have to agree. At least now, some noob can search HCG Complete thinking they will be using it on a cycle or in PCT and they can find this.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you admit it did at one point have cocaine in it? So it was honest marketing at the time. Besides they aren't marketing it as cocaine now, if they were then it would be a different story. I must be missing the commercials that say, "drink coke it gets you high as hell".
Well going by your logic they should abandon the name since it came from having cocaine....newbs might think coke has coke in it....

Did LG market the product implying it has HCG in it?

Is their a commercial from LG implying its real HCG?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually could care less (natadrol, novedex xt, etc), but this one was at the next next level of ridiculous. Either way, it's my opinion and you don't have to agree. At least now, some noob can search HCG Complete thinking they will be using it on a cycle or in PCT and they can find this.
So your goal is a noble one...to stop the newbs who cant read a label from using it thinking its REAL hcg....

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
So your goal is a noble one...to stop the newbs who cant read a label from using it thinking its REAL hcg....
You're right. There aren't a million threads that all read, "HELP MY CYCLE WENT BAD" or "WHAT IS PCT?!?!". So I would say a significant portion of traffic is uneducated. We can all wish that every 16 year old kid considers all consequences and reads every label, but I'd rather live in reality.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
but I'd rather live in reality.
Exactly, which is why I don't get upset with a companies marketing....its reality and been that way for decades so throwing up your arms now is a bit...late and selective. If they are selling water in a bottle, thats a bit different...but they aren't.

As for the threads, I highly doubt those are from users who bought Gaspari's Novadex thinking it was Nolvadex. Its more like they shouldn't be using hormones to begin with but fail to listen to anyone telling them not to.....

If you blame the company for other peoples stupidity then should we also blame you since you are trying to protect them? No....its a stupid premise.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
astronutrition.com-Applied-Nutriceuticals-IGF-2---240-caps-31.jpg

Where is the IGF? You mean there is NO IGF in there? WTF!! I was duped!

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Bottom line, you don't like the name......a name.
I'm fairly certain I explained this in my initial post. We even have an LG rep in here saying HCG for weightloss is bunk. Since the HCG fad is in, they made an attempt at a quick money grab off of the idiots out there. They have every right to do that in a capitalist society, but I have every right to express my disgust.

I mean they put HCG in bold and all caps across the front of the bottle. Then they said "complete". The definition of complete is pretty interesting:

com·plete   [kuhm-pleet]
having all parts or elements; lacking nothing; whole; entire; full

So when you ask if they are claiming to HCG in the product, read that definition and tell me. We can play semantics or use common sense.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm fairly certain I explained this in my initial post. We even have an LG rep in here saying HCG for weightloss is bunk. Since the HCG fad is in, they made an attempt at a quick money grab off of the idiots out there. They have every right to do that in a capitalist society, but I have every right to express my disgust.

I mean they put HCG in bold and all caps across the front of the bottle. Then they said "complete". The definition of complete is pretty interesting:

com·plete   [kuhm-pleet]

So when you ask if they are claiming to HCG in the product, read that definition and tell me. We can play semantics or use common sense.

Thats your interpretation...I think anyone with an ounce of common sense knows its not real HCG. You would have to be a real idiot....if you see HCG in the title and recognize it, you already know what HCG is anyway...therefore you know its NOT the real stuff. How stupid would you be if you knew what HCG was then thought THAT was real HCG....

You are assuming based off the title....same as with any product with IGF or HCG (HCGenerate) or GH, or anything else....

You can express your disgust all you want...I don't care...nobody said you can't....but I also can say that your disgust over a companies product name is funny and melodramatic.

How anyone can actually get mad or offended at the name of a product in the supplement industry....seems...ridiculous.

Its not a companies responsibility to cater to the extreme morons of the world. If you want to take up that task, best of luck to you...but I doubt companies get rich off the extremely stupid...because the extremely stupid tend to not have much money.

Next time LG, name it HCGdrol.....then you're in the clear.

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
I dunno who said that, but that's not really fair. Their old ph products were wiped off the market because of the
uncontrollable actions of the FDA. And natadrol was pretty much the most effective non-steroidal
anabolic i've used.

When its done this way, yeah you can blame them.
Ridiculous.
No. You can't. Figuring out 1 piece doesn't solve the puzzle. Dozens and dozens of companies have done this for years.
This is nothing new.

The LG Products now are FAR superior to any during the PH era after the ban in 2004. What's so great about opening up Vida, picking a steroid that looks strong and asking a chinese guy to make it for you? You gain 20lbs of water weight and then lose it all once you stop the cycle. That's not innovation at all.

The products we have on the market today are awesome and far superior in design to any of the 2005-2011 designer PH products
It's kind of hypocritical to think this way though, isn't it? I can only halfway imagine what it must've felt like
to have half of your line-up wiped off the market, but ragging on the current supply of the very same (or similar) things you used to sell is ironic in and of itself. (FWIW, I understand why you think this way. What guy wouldn't think this way after seeing their success and hard work tumble like the twin towers, only to see 6 years of companies doing the same thing LG did.)

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
wow what a debate

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

com·plete   [kuhm-pleet]

You can INTERPRET this how you like, as the literal definition is not applicable in this case. We are marketing to the HCG diet, not necessarily the HCG compound. Yes i've stated that i think the compound isn't relevant, but that does not mean that we can't advertise to take advantage of consumers that are on the HCG diet. We're advertising to COMPLETE your diet, not complete HCG [compound].

I understand your concerns, but let's get back to reality here. This is an industry, we're here to make money while helping consumers reach their goals. I use LG products like many others, they haven't let me down yet. I read the labels, i do the research before using any type of product. Despite being miffed by the label, it's not false advertising, it's marketing.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You seem to have a bone to pick with LG? Cause you can't go busting their balls for marketing a product like this. Every company does it i don't see you getting on NTBM for having a product called HCGenerate, or App Nut for having a product called IGF-2, or Gaspari for having a product called Novedex, or the millions of companies that put drol in the name. Its part of the supplement game. You can't single out one company without saying the whole supplement industry isn't doing the same thing. Its stupid to sit here arguing over a name, if your an intelligent consumer which hopefully we all are here but we know thats not the truth cause there wouldn't be a million "OMG my PCT" or "I'm 17 what PH should i take" threads here. So in my opinion a names a name, who cares read the label see the ingredients and thats how you decide if a product is for you. I don't go buying supplements cause of the name of them.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
You seem to have a bone to pick with LG? Cause you can't go busting their balls for marketing a product like this. Every company does it i don't see you getting on NTBM for having a product called HCGenerate, or App Nut for having a product called IGF-2, or Gaspari for having a product called Novedex, or the millions of companies that put drol in the name. Its part of the supplement game. You can't single out one company without saying the whole supplement industry isn't doing the same thing. Its stupid to sit here arguing over a name, if your an intelligent consumer which hopefully we all are here but we know thats not the truth cause there wouldn't be a million "OMG my PCT" or "I'm 17 what PH should i take" threads here. So in my opinion a names a name, who cares read the label see the ingredients and thats how you decide if a product is for you. I don't go buying supplements cause of the name of them.
I'd be careful with your accusations. I have a multiple post history praising ASGT as one the best pre-workouts I've ever used (on many boards). You might also find my praise for Lipotrophic. I've got 15lbs of it.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
There's responsible marketing and there's misleading marketing. It doesn't take long to figure out which companies fall into the latter category.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
facepalm_picard2.jpg

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are responsible people with the willingness to learn and seek out info and then there are the idiots...

Doesn't take long to figure who the latter are ;)

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
It's rather difficult to reseach products when some companies use product descriptions that no one has ever heard of.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's rather difficult to reseach products when some companies use product descriptions that no one has ever heard of.
This sentence does not make sense to me. Now if we're talking about researching a product, wouldn't we look at the supplement info? An ingredient panel should tell you much of what you need to know. If we're talking about figuring out what a product is "supposed" to do... i guess maybe a product description should help. But let's be real here. If ANYONE checks out an ingredient panel and the first ingredient is caffeine... hmm i wonder what this product does...? If the first ingredient is something like Divanil or Fenu or DAA... hmm... wonder what that does...?

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Thats fine if you want to trust the supplier ( I don't). Look at Formadrol for instance: 3-beta-3-hydroxy-urs-12-ene-28-oic acid and 2-Penyl-benzo{h}chromen-4-one. Try to research thes products.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats fine if you want to trust the supplier ( I don't). Look at Formadrol for instance: 3-beta-3-hydroxy-urs-12-ene-28-oic acid and 2-Penyl-benzo{h}chromen-4-one. Try to research thes products.
3-beta-3-hydroxy-urs-12-ene-28-oic acid

192211-41-9.gif

Molecular Structure

Name Benzyl ursolate
Synonyms (3beta)-3-Hydroxy-urs-12-en-28-oic acid phenylmethyl ester
Molecular Formula C37H54O3
Molecular Weight 546.82

Evaluation of ursolic acid isolated fromIlex paraguariensisandderivatives on aromatase inhibition

Abstract
The inhibitory potency of ursolic acid extracted fromIlex paraguariensis, a plant used in South American population for a tea preparationknown as mate´, and its derivatives to inhibit aromatase activity was assessed and compared to a phytoestrogen apigenin and a steroidal aromataseinhibitor 4-hyroxyandrostenedione (4-OHA). Among all compounds tested only ursolic acid1showed an efficient and dose-dependent aroma-tase inhibition with IC50value of 32mM as did apigenin (IC50¼10mM), whereas IC50value of 4-OHA was 0.8mM. Our results show that theincorporation of a metallocene moiety into the ursolic acid derivatives decreases the aromatase inhibition. Moreover, comparison of the struc-ture/inhibitory potency relationship of compounds indicates that the presence of cycle A and the configuration of C3-OH and C17-COOH seemsto be more favourable to recognize the active site of aromatase and to block its activity.Ó2007 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.

Habai1

2-Penyl-benzo{h}chromen-4-one

Chemical Formula: C19H12O2

Synonyms: 2-Phenyl-4H-naphtho(1,2-b)pyran-4-one, 2-phenylbenzo[h]chromen-4-one, 2-Phenyl-benzo[h]chromen-4-one, 2-Phenylbenzo(h)chromen-4-one, 4H-Naphtho[1,2-b]pyran-4-one, 2-phenyl-, 4H-NAPHTHO(1,2-b)PYRAN-4-ONE, 2-PHENYL-, 7,8-Benzoflavone, 7,8-Benzoflavone (7CI), Benzo(h)flavone,

IUPAC Name: 2-phenylbenzo[h]chromen-4-one

Purpose - 11bHydroxylase inhibitor

So apart from its obvious potential to prevent cancers, and to protect against gyno through its very strong A.I properties, it also has displayed another interesting quality. This is a neuro-active flavone, from passion flower, its an extract that has the ability to pass through the blood brain barrier and block the suppression of GnRH release (Gonadotropin Releasing Hormon) This is very important as Gonadotropin is released when levels of certain steroids like testosterone and estrogen are low in the body, It is suppresed when on a steroid cycle these hormones are very high, so by blocking the suppression through GABAergic receptor complex, in other words preventing the negative feedback of steroid hormones on the hypothalamus through GABAergic modulation and estrogen blockage, the suppression of GnRH is blocked, and luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH can be sent to the testes to stimulate the leydig cells to produce testosterone and sperm, even if you are running a cycle
Interestingly a few studies have shown that when applied alone 7,8-benzo can actualy inhibit tumors of the skin, and prevent tumors from growing. J Pharm Sci. 2008 Oct; Wang X, Morris ME. Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 517 Hochstetter Hall, Amherst, New York 14260, USA Could this be a future aid in breast cancer and for bodybuilders suffering with gyno
Inhibition of aromatase cytochrome P-450 (estrogen synthetase) by derivatives of alpha-naphthoflavone.
Kellis JT Jr, Nesnow S, Vickery LE.
Abstract
alpha-Naphthoflavone (ANF; 7,8-benzoflavone) is a potent competitive inhibitor of human aromatase cytochrome P-450 [J. T. Kellis, Jr. and L. E. Vickery, Science 225, 1032 (1984)]. We have further investigated inhibition of aromatase by several derivatives of ANF. Using human placental microsomes and 40 nM androstenedione as substrate, the compounds tested and their I50 values were: ANF, 0.07 microM; 2-(2-naphthyl)-4H-naphtho[1,2b]pyran-4-one, 1.0 microM; 7,8-benzoisoflavone, approximately 100 microM; and 2-phenyl-4H-naphtho[1,2b]furan, greater than 100 microM. These findings show the necessity of the keto group of ANF in its binding to the enzyme and the importance of size and position of substitution of the exocyclic phenyl ring. Derivatives of ANF with hydroxyl substitution at positions 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 were also screened. 9-Hydroxy-ANF, a known metabolite of ANF in liver microsomes, was the most effective (I50 = 20 nM). Inhibition by 9-hydroxy-ANF was competitive, and its Ki value of 5 nM indicates a higher affinity for the enzyme than the natural steroid substrates--the Km values for androstenedione and testosterone under these conditions are 10 and 80 nM respectively. 9-Hydroxy-ANF also induced a change in the absorption spectrum of hte aromatase cytochrome P-450 indicative of substrate displacement. Based on these data we propose a model for the binding of 9-hydroxy-ANF in which the 7,8-benzochromone ring system of the ANF derivatives occupies the steroid

7,8-benzoflavone has actually shown positive effects in estrogen metabolism by inducing 2-hydroxylation of estrogens [the preferred clearance pathway, which reduces cancer risk]

Modulation of rabbit and human hepatic cytochrome P-450-catalyzed steroid hydroxylations by alpha-naphthoflavone
GE Schwab, JL Raucy and EF Johnson
Volume 33, Issue 5, pp. 493-499, 05/01/1988

Regioselective 2-hydroxylation of 17beta-estradiol by rat cytochrome P4501B1.
M Rahman, C Hayes Sutter, GL Emmert, and TR Sutter
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol, November 1, 2006; 216(3): 469-78.

Naturally occurring coumarins inhibit 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene DNA adduct formation in mouse mammary gland
Misty Prince, Cheryl T. Campbell, Taylor A. Robertson, Amy J. Wells, and Heather E. Kleiner
Carcinogenesis, Jun 2006; 27: 1204 - 1213.

GOOGLE is your friend ;)

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
yeah you really should...i like a guy who's introspective

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Introspective. I like that word. I will have to add it to my vocabulary.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Why not just call it what it is ursolic acid and 7,8-benzoflavone. This eliminates confusion.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats your interpretation...I think anyone with an ounce of common sense knows its not real HCG. You would have to be a real idiot....if you see HCG in the title and recognize it, you already know what HCG is anyway...therefore you know its NOT the real stuff. How stupid would you be if you knew what HCG was then thought THAT was real HCG....
That's not entirely true... I would say the majority of people looking for weight loss products are unaware that it isn't real hcg. I have ran into countless people who tell me theyre taking hcg and when I tell them its not hcg they look like I just killed their puppy. How much of the population do you think is smart enough or not too lazy and fat to research before they buy??? Honestly? You know as well as I do that we are the minority (people who read before they buy).

Bottom line its pretty misleading. Who asked me? No one. I'm just saying.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
How much of the population do you think is smart enough or not too lazy and fat to research before they buy??? Honestly? You know as well as I do that we are the minority (people who read before they buy).
They absolutely know this. That is why the product exists under the given name. Don't expect them to admit it though.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's not entirely true... I would say the majority of people looking for weight loss products are unaware that it isn't real hcg. I have ran into countless people who tell me theyre taking hcg and when I tell them its not hcg they look like I just killed their puppy. How much of the population do you think is smart enough or not too lazy and fat to research before they buy??? Honestly? You know as well as I do that we are the minority (people who read before they buy).

''

Really? What product are they taking that they think is HCG? I'm real curious....

So a company is supposed to be morally obligated to those not smart enough or too lazy to research because...?????

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
They absolutely know this. That is why the product exists under the given name. Don't expect them to admit it though.
Of course it they do....ITS CALLED MARKETING.

Hell, I would name it that if I had people like you throw up a fit and get "offended" by marketing....now THAT'S funny....

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

So we should all cater to our least denominator?

Bottom line is it isn't the responsibility of a company to account for the "uneducated, lazy, ignorant, moronic, etc" of their demographic. As a consumer it is your responsibility to research what you are putting into your body. Maybe we should stop producing prohormones because SOME people aren't aware of PCT and won't include one? Might as well right? Just because someone is stupid enough to believe the product contains actual HCG and is too lazy to read the ingredient label and use google is no fault of the company but the consumer. Companies sell to grown adults, not children. In this day and age with all the information available online that are only clicks away, there is NO EXCUSE for someone to not know why they are taking.

This is the supplement game gentlemen. This kind of marketing tactic is not new and is being used by hundreds of companies. If you aren't going to take the initiative to research what you are putting into your body and are expecting supplement companies to hold your hand, then maybe it is time for a new hobby