Has anyone tryed the Vince Gironda(sp) Diet?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
36 whole eggs per day

a minium of six whole eggs per day. The hormones ae great for anabolism.

1-2 pounds of red meat per day

Only taking in Protein carbs or protein fat in one setting

I agree with the red meat building muscle.

I 'd for sure expiriement with the 36 whole eggs per day. Yes I know it may sound ridicious , if it works than it works. and cholestrol levels were tested with these people that took in this eggs and nothing.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
36 whole eggs per day

a minium of six whole eggs per day. The hormones ae great for anabolism.

1-2 pounds of red meat per day

Only taking in Protein carbs or protein fat in one setting

I agree with the red meat building muscle.

I 'd for sure expiriement with the 36 whole eggs per day. Yes I know it may sound ridicious , if it works than it works. and cholestrol levels were tested with these people that took in this eggs and nothing.
You might consider making some or all of those eggs omega-3 eggs. The amount of cholesterol is similar but they have a higher level of omega-3 fatty acids.

My understanding is that you won't need to take in as much protein to build muscle w/ all of the extra fat available. I am assuming you still use the carbs for energy?

If you go low carb though the body will use the fat for energy, not so much to build muscle.

I think Vince was ahead of his time in understanding how to build muscle w/ nutrition & macro-nutrient ratios...the one thing he didn't do was distinguish between good fats and bad fats. Thats why I'd suggest the omega-3 eggs.

A few other good sources of fat:

raw almonds
natural peanut butter
natural sugar free almond butter
macadamia nut oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
salmon
fish oil

Vinces' diet wasn't just about fat intake it also was about cholesterol as a building block for hormones. Thats why he included the eggs. You don't need nearly that many eggs to get the cholesterol necessary to create testosterone...you could go with fewer eggs and choose other sources of good fats.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't splurge on paying an extra $2/dozen for omega eggs, unless you're eating them raw. If you're eating them scrambled or hard, the EFA's are meaningless.

Vince also recommends that you eat liver tabs with every meal. Just FYI, since that wasn't in your original post.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't splurge on paying an extra $2/dozen for omega eggs, unless you're eating them raw. If you're eating them scrambled or hard, the EFA's are meaningless.

Vince also recommends that you eat liver tabs with every meal. Just FYI, since that wasn't in your original post.
Yes he recommends eating Dissected Liver tabs with amino acids every 2-3 hours.

Also Gradular to boost test levels and some other things I spent a few hours researching his methods last night.

Im just taking what I think works and throwing out what doesnt work. He advocates expirementing on your body, being safe of course, to see what works and I Totally agree.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lil off subject-His Body Drag curl and reverse body drag curl are in Ironman or Musclemag or one of those magazines on the newstsnads. anyways back to his Nutrition

Im willing to drink raw eggs.

Ive been cooking them in whole wheat flour pancakes

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Yes he recommends eating Dissected Liver tabs with amino acids every 2-3 hours.

Also Gradular to boost test levels and some other things I spent a few hours researching his methods last night.

Im just taking what I think works and throwing out what doesnt work. He advocates expirementing on your body, being safe of course, to see what works and I Totally agree.
I think that liver tabs were really the only 'supplement' that was available at the time (other than gear and milk).

This is really similar to the Anabolic Diet. Not quite 'Atkins' but definitely low carb.

I too am considering it during an X-factor cycle.

X

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Too bad liver tabs give you gas that's illegal in four states.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
vinces diet on the eggs? dont u get salmonela from drinkin raw eggs? or are there special eggs w/o S?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep in mind Vince contradicted himself in much of what he said; claiming different points in-and-around the same periods of time. Anyway, I have the e-book if anybody is interested.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
just to point out something.

From what I read, Vince Gironda said that 36 FERTILE eggs a day has an equivilent effect to Dianabol.

I'm not a fan of Vince Gironda's training and dietting style. Although it worked wonders for some, it didn't make much sense to me, nor can I incorporate it with ease, in my busy lifestyle.

Maxim726X

Awards
Keep in mind Vince contradicted himself in much of what he said; claiming different points in-and-around the same periods of time. Anyway, I have the e-book if anybody is interested.

I am interested, good sir.