Hair Loss Prevention

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will be taking a 1-DHEA product which converts at a rate of ~10% to 1-testosterone. For anyone who has done a cycle of 1-DHEA, what did you notice in terms of hairloss? I have read that 1-testosterone is known to stimulate MPB in genetically susceptible males, but to what extent do people usually lose their hair? If someone is genetically susceptible to MPB, is this going to trigger a balding process that won't end until the individual is almost completely bald? Or is it more common to just notice minor "shedding" (e.g., a few hairs on the pillow every few days)?

Also, would finasteride or nizoral shampoo even make a difference in this case since, based on my understanding of the properties of 1-DHEA, that particular hormone doesn't convert to DHT and instead causes hairloss by binding directly to androgen receptors? In other words, 1-DHEA apparently causes hairloss because it is sufficiently similar to DHT in a structural sense so that it binds to the androgen receptor because it "looks" like DHT to the receptor. So would finasteride/nizoral even work?

Just a couple other questions -- will the hair that I lose on a 1-DHEA cycle grow back after the cycle ends? And will the hair stop falling out after the cycle ends?

Many thanks for any advice that can be offered...

rockme

rockme

Awards
Are we sure the ingredients in regenepure don't go systemic? I've been using two weeks now three days a week. I am noticing significantly less shedding, but anytime I use it my body feels softer and my stomach loses tightness. Am I imagining this? Coincidence maybe...

rockme

rockme

Awards
Are we sure the ingredients in regenepure don't go systemic? I've been using two weeks now three days a week. I am noticing significantly less shedding, but anytime I use it my body feels softer and my stomach loses tightness. Am I imagining this? Coincidence maybe...
I am thinking since it may lower dht systemically...idk

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone ever purchased bulk raw Minoxidil or Azelaic acid from some of the websites out there? Been thinking about adding it to my normal daily protocol of my DS Laboratories Spectral.DNC I've been using for almost a year now to make it a 20% high concentration.

lboston

lboston

Awards
You can try every day. Some people get some bad inflammation side effects from using it everyday. I know I get a lot of head pimples just from shampooing with it every other day, which are annoying and can be a little painful. It's recommended to use on an every other day schedule for a reason. On off days, you can keep using the nioxin or look into getting some regenapure shampoo or some non keto based hair restoration shampoo to use as well. Also, add toco 8.
Thanks man. I appreciate your feedback.
On the days I use the Nizoral can I still use a conditioner after rinsing the Nizoral? Just used it for the first time today and it seems to dry my hair out a lot!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I appreciate your feedback.
On the days I use the Nizoral can I still use a conditioner after rinsing the Nizoral? Just used it for the first time today and it seems to dry my hair out a lot!
Yeah i get a leave in protein conditioner from amazon (also found in wholefoods). Drying out the hair doesn't help its health I've heard. Look for something natural.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Yeah i get a leave in protein conditioner from amazon (also found in wholefoods). Drying out the hair doesn't help its health I've heard. Look for something natural.
Thanks man- what's the name of the one you use?

Also- have they said definitively when Breaking Bad will be back.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Giovanni Cosmetics Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor. Its like 8 bucks on amazon, but I do notice some thickness from it. Leave it on while I brush my teeth then hop in the shower and rinse for days I don't shampoo. Bottle has lasted me most of the year. Shampoo days I just use it like any other conditioner.
Breaking Bad is back in the summer of 2013. Last season...its like a family member dying I tell ya:(

TonyGT

TonyGT

Awards
  • Established
I think your imagining it haha. Regenepure definitely works really well for me. My hair stopped shedding almost completely after using it every other day for a week. Ill post back in a couple weeks and see if I'm noticing the loss of tightness and softness haha.

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
Heys guys im using nizoral 2% EOD and have noticed its kinda killing my hair, and actually making it fall out faster... Am i just paranoid or does anyone else have any experience with this? I think i will just use it 2x a week.

Cheers

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Niz can be harsh if you use it too often. I felt I had more shedding when I was using revita every day which has 1% ketoconazle. Good news is that ya just because it is harsh on your hair, not because it's accelerating mpb, so for me it came back when I stopped using it.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Niz can be harsh if you use it too often. I felt I had more shedding when I was using revita every day which has 1% ketoconazle. Good news is that ya just because it is harsh on your hair, not because it's accelerating mpb, so for me it came back when I stopped using it.
How often do you consider too often?

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Annecdotally I've heard that any more than 3 times a week is excessive. When I had the shed with revita I was using it 5-6 times a week.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Annecdotally I've heard that any more than 3 times a week is excessive. When I had the shed with revita I was using it 5-6 times a week.
agreed. Every other day is the max I would use it. Some may like more, some may like less.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If someone who is prone to MPB takes steroids and starts losing their hair, are they going to continue losing hair until they're as bald as they're genetically "determined" to become, or will their hair loss stop as soon as they stop taking the steroid?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
If someone who is prone to MPB takes steroids and starts losing their hair, are they going to continue losing hair until they're as bald as they're genetically "determined" to become, or will their hair loss stop as soon as they stop taking the steroid?
Your body should in theory return to a natural state of things soon after pct. However the amount of increased DHT that has attacked the hair follicle might have permanently damaged some areas. If you've used a type of DHT blocker during said cycle, then maybe you can or have saved some hair. I like keto (at the very very least) during a cycle since its applied directly to the scalp.
Keep in mind the amount of stuff or type of things you take for PCT can also have a negative effect to some degree.

lboston

lboston

Awards
I am NO expert, but I believe hairloss will often subside when the cycle is stopped.

I'm on TRT of 100mg test a week and I'm loosing probably 100 hairs a day. Not sure what to do about that...

lboston

lboston

Awards
Should Nizoral be enough to use with shedding (about 100 hairs/ day) from a TRT dose of test or should I be looking at adding other products/ treatments as well.

Been using Nizoral for about a week with maybe a minimal change in shedding.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should Nizoral be enough to use with shedding (about 100 hairs/ day) from a TRT dose of test or should I be looking at adding other products/ treatments as well.

Keep at it for a couple of more weeks. If things don't change to your liking then add in some minox and A. Acid. If you don't like the idea of using these things continuously to prevent hair loss then you may want to look into just getting some azelaic acid and/or spiro to combat the problem temporarily.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Keep at it for a couple of more weeks. If things don't change to your liking then add in some minox and A. Acid. If you don't like the idea of using these things continuously to prevent hair loss then you may want to look into just getting some azelaic acid and/or spiro to combat the problem temporarily.
Thanks man. I appreciate you always being willing to help a shedding fellow out!

Is the minox something you can use then stop or is it once you pop, you can't stop?

Also- what do you mean by combating temporarily?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man. I appreciate you always being willing to help a shedding fellow out!

Is the minox something you can use then stop or is it once you pop, you can't stop?

Also- what do you mean by combating temporarily?
Minox benefits cease if you cease using it, which is why I mentioned the temporary alternative.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Minox benefits cease if you cease using it, which is why I mentioned the temporary alternative.
I see.
Thanks. I have no need for regrowth at this point. I have very thick hair naturally. I just need to stop the shedding so I keep what I have!

I was on injections for nearly 6 months with no shedding. Then I started taking PES erase pro and Anabeta Elite..then the shedding seemed to start. I assume it's the test from TRT, as I don't believe anything in the products listed would cause it...unless they are somehow causing the test to convert to higher DHT.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see.
Thanks. I have no need for regrowth at this point. I have very thick hair naturally. I just need to stop the shedding so I keep what I have!

I was on injections for nearly 6 months with no shedding. Then I started taking PES erase pro and Anabeta Elite..then the shedding seemed to start. I assume it's the test from TRT, as I don't believe anything in the products listed would cause it...unless they are somehow causing the test to convert to higher DHT.
Your taking an AI which blocks test conversion to estrogen, leaving more test to be converted to DHT. That seems like your problem.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Your taking an AI which blocks test conversion to estrogen, leaving more test to be converted to DHT. That seems like your problem.
Never thought of it like that. I'll stop the erase here in a couple weeks when this bottle runs out and see if that helps.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never thought of it like that. I'll stop the erase here in a couple weeks when this bottle runs out and see if that helps.
Your can stop it or add in a low dose of finasteride. Your choice.

rockme

rockme

Awards

Regenepure is an amazing product. Use the shampoo and conditioner. Everybody will respond differently to different products, but I have noticed about 50% less shedding since implementing them into my hair care regimen.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Regenepure is an amazing product. Use the shampoo and conditioner. Everybody will respond differently to different products, but I have noticed about 50% less shedding since implementing them into my hair care regimen.
Thanks man--I'm actually planning on ordering a bottle next month. The ingredient profile on it is pretty amazing.

TonyGT

TonyGT

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man--I'm actually planning on ordering a bottle next month. The ingredient profile on it is pretty amazing.
Do it! It's some good stuff. Literally stopped my scalp from itching and minimized my shedding back to a couple hairs a day! Right now I'm putting it to the test to see if it will help with shedding during my SD cycle

lboston

lboston

Awards
Do it! It's some good stuff. Literally stopped my scalp from itching and minimized my shedding back to a couple hairs a day! Right now I'm putting it to the test to see if it will help with shedding during my SD cycle
How do you guys use it? What size amount in palm and how often?

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
Im going to be running a 5-6 weeker of Ultradrol next month. My last cycle, epi & stano, took a toll on the hairline.

Whats the best hair loss prevention stack to use "on cycle"(and Pct)?

Also, is using Finasteride on cycle going to affect the gains from the UD at all??

thanx in advance for any1 who takes a min to address my questions.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im going to be running a 5-6 weeker of Ultradrol next month. My last cycle, epi & stano, took a toll on the hairline.

Whats the best hair loss prevention stack to use "on cycle"(and Pct)?

Also, is using Finasteride on cycle going to affect the gains from the UD at all??

thanx in advance for any1 who takes a min to address my questions.
I would personally recommend your choice of the shampoo treatments, they are discussed throughout this thread.

Then I would consider using Toco-8 through the cycle and PCT. Not only does it have the hair benefit, Vitamin E is also vital in steroidogenesis, so you will be hitting 2 birds with one stone when approaching post cycle recovery.

Avoid finastride, imo.

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
I would personally recommend your choice of the shampoo treatments, they are discussed throughout this thread.

Then I would consider using Toco-8 through the cycle and PCT. Not only does it have the hair benefit, Vitamin E is also vital in steroidogenesis, so you will be hitting 2 birds with one stone when approaching post cycle recovery.

Avoid finastride, imo.
Yeah, Im gonna grab some toco for the cycle and pct.

should i start it a couple weeks or so before the cycle, like as preloading? will that help w/ the hair loss or is preloading not necessary?

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
do any of the shampoos block the dht in your hair without messing with the rest of your body's dht??

for the hair loss experts out there, whats the "best" shampoo or supplement to use while on cycle(in addition to toco 8)?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, Im gonna grab some toco for the cycle and pct.

should i start it a couple weeks or so before the cycle, like as preloading? will that help w/ the hair loss or is preloading not necessary?
A couple of weeks out would be best
do any of the shampoos block the dht in your hair without messing with the rest of your body's dht??

for the hair loss experts out there, whats the "best" shampoo or supplement to use while on cycle(in addition to toco 8)?
By the feedback, regenapure is your best bet in terms of shampoos. Anything that contains ketoconazol has the chance of blocking dht. As long as it's topical (shampoo) then systemic effects should be nill.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, if a long term approach to fighting hair loss is the goal, I would consider running it beyond just the cycle and PCT. But yes, you can start running it earlier than the cycle for extra insurance.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Regenapure users, how often do you use the shampoo? Daily, EOD?

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Any replacements for Toco8 now that primordial is gone?

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Any replacements for Toco8 now that primordial is gone?
Swanson Full Spectrum E with Tocotrienols uses the same formula that toco 8 uses,

Carotech Tocomin® Full Spectrum
Tocotrienol Complex,

I did a little research after primordial's unfortunate announcement.
Peace

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Thanks Man. Does the Regenapure seem to help you?
Dramatically,
Between Regenepure, rogaine foam, and toco 8,
My hairline has never been better, and my hair has never been thicker.
Good luck.
Peace

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
I apologize if giving the name of the vitamin e is against the rules.
I have no association with any supplement company, and was simply passing along my research.
Peace

leftside1

leftside1

Awards
What are the daily doses that people take with dutasteride? I've been on finasteride for about 5 years, but think something stronger is now necessary. I also use minoxidil and regenepure. I have a receeding hairline, but have been losing my hair since I was 25. I am now 42 and without these products I doubt I'd have any hair at all.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Swanson Full Spectrum E with Tocotrienols uses the same formula that toco 8 uses,

Carotech Tocomin® Full Spectrum
Tocotrienol Complex,

I did a little research after primordial's unfortunate announcement.
Peace
Thanks man I appreciate it

Syringe

Awards
Anyone know how long and if I should wait after injecting npp at 225 mgs eod to start taking propecia??

Thanks in advance.