Hair Loss Prevention

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Also, for you guys on the finasteride protocol are you taking it in conjunction with any type of AI's like exemestane or the like? Or is that just counter productive? I know mepartricin is getting good feedback for fina protocols as it's a strong suicide inhibitor but has little impact on testosterone levels and the like, unfortunately it's not available in the US.
I've considered a type of AI or booster for the long run of Finast and I always lean toward Sustain Alpha just because it has antioxidant qualities and would seem to be less harsh than a chemical AI. Just my thoughts on it though.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've considered a type of AI or booster for the long run of Finast and I always lean toward Sustain Alpha just because it has antioxidant qualities and would seem to be less harsh than a chemical AI. Just my thoughts on it though.
Interesting and a valid point. Not sure if SA would be strong enough for long run fina prevention measures but I see where you are coming from. One of the primary arguments against running an AI with fina is that it would increase test levels(which some doctors say is counter-productive), but if your shutting down 5alpha conversion then your shutting down 5alpha conversion. Given the fact that fina blocks dht conversion from 5 alpha reductase 1, counter productivity would only be seen if test levels were blown through the roof. That's my thought process anyways. I suppose one could always take Avodart instead to ensure blockage of dht conversion from both 5 alpha reductase 1 and 5 alpha reductase 2, but that can get expensive.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Interesting and a valid point. Not sure if SA would be strong enough for long run fina prevention measures but I see where you are coming from. One of the primary arguments against running an AI with fina is that it would increase test levels(which some doctors say is counter-productive), but if your shutting down 5alpha conversion then your shutting down 5alpha conversion. Given the fact that fina blocks dht conversion from 5 alpha reductase 1, counter productivity would only be seen if test levels were blown through the roof. That's my thought process anyways. I suppose one could always take Avodart instead to ensure blockage of dht conversion from both 5 alpha reductase 1 and 5 alpha reductase 2, but that can get expensive.
Yeah definitely not a suicide inhibitor, but always kicks up my libido. The 7-9 months where I'm not on cycle or pct I usually take nothing at all with the Finesteride and haven't noticed decrease in libido. I suppose that might not mean much about whats going on internally, but I've yet to feel any side effects. Granted it could be the 3-5 months out of the year where I am on something that keeps me "standing up straight" the rest of the year?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah definitely not a suicide inhibitor, but always kicks up my libido. The 7-9 months where I'm not on cycle or pct I usually take nothing at all with the Finesteride and haven't noticed decrease in libido. I suppose that might not mean much about whats going on internally, but I've yet to feel any side effects. Granted it could be the 3-5 months out of the year where I am on something that keeps me "standing up straight" the rest of the year?
Libido isn't a primary concern with the fina(at least for me). I was more alluding to the rise in estrogen that accompanies the use of 5 alpha reductase inhibitors. Just wondering if a staggered dose of an AI like what is recommended with finasteride would be beneficial or counter productive to what the fina is trying to do. Something like 10-12.5mg of aromasin EOD or E3D was what I was thinking.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Libido isn't a primary concern with the fina(at least for me). I was more alluding to the rise in estrogen that accompanies the use of 5 alpha reductase inhibitors. Just wondering if a staggered dose of an AI like what is recommended with finasteride would be beneficial or counter productive to what the fina is trying to do. Something like 10-12.5mg of aromasin EOD or E3D was what I was thinking.
I'd be interested to see someone try this with tests done. I would speculate (with my laymen brain) that if Fina could still work to a certain extent with exogenous Testosterone, that normal test w/AI shouldn't be nearly as difficult. With formestane you could get the added bonus of lowered DHT. I'm sure an off and on protocol could limit some undesired side effects. Maybe even a EOD with the fina too, since its thought to work to almost the same degree.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I heard back from Whole Sale Hair Supply... kind of disappointed they don't provide any sort of CoA.

Here is my email to them
1. Would you be able to tell me why my hair seems to have a white residue on top after using the product?
2. The product seems to have a slight smell and effect of hairspray, what is the carrier used?
3. Would you be able to please supply CoA's for the two primary compounds in those products please?

THANK you very much for your help, I look forward to continued business.
Here is their response...
The white residue is just the active ingredient in the product is showing. The smell is due to the alcohol contained in the product. The to primary compounds in the solution are propylene glycol and alcohol.

No problem. We do not at the moment offer CoAs to our customers.

Thank You

kingjod123

Awards
i have found nizoral 2% 5x per week and rogaine foam work great for me! finasteride aggravates my nips!

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I saw a dermatologist a few years back that recommended I alternate between Head and Shoulders/T-Gel/Nizoral. Truth is that I don't even think my condition is that bad. I've seen far worse on the internet.

The emu oil is working great but only for making my hair look fuller and shinier but nothing in terms of hair growth.

I'm still optimistic and thanks for the good words.
It's been a while since my last post here.

Long story short, I quit any type of routine I had going. The good news is that my hairline remained intact.

Last year, I wound up trying to get back into things when I was screwing around on google and found this:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-25116-page-0-category-0-order-last_answer.html

I did get a dermatologist to give me Nizoral 2% prescription for shampoo but that study indicated cream was the ticket (although they indicated that shampoo would work well). Well, it has been about seven months using it EOD and I didn't get anywhere near the results that they were.

I thought about revisiting doing a laser comb. I still have my old one from 2007 but I thought I can still use that one while in the meantime building a new one (BigVrunga spec'd out what he uses so I'm going with that one).

I guess a concern of mine is that is it too late? If my hair has been thin like this for years, am I just wasting time messing with a laser comb? Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated.

Thanks.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It's been a while since my last post here.

Long story short, I quit any type of routine I had going. The good news is that my hairline remained intact.

Last year, I wound up trying to get back into things when I was screwing around on google and found this:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-25116-page-0-category-0-order-last_answer.html

I did get a dermatologist to give me Nizoral 2% prescription for shampoo but that study indicated cream was the ticket (although they indicated that shampoo would work well). Well, it has been about seven months using it EOD and I didn't get anywhere near the results that they were.

I thought about revisiting doing a laser comb. I still have my old one from 2007 but I thought I can still use that one while in the meantime building a new one (BigVrunga spec'd out what he uses so I'm going with that one).

I guess a concern of mine is that is it too late? If my hair has been thin like this for years, am I just wasting time messing with a laser comb? Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated.

Thanks.
Hey Experiment - don't think its a waste of time at all. It can't hurt, and honestly whenever I'm strict with the laser comb I notice an improvement in the thickness of my hair after a while (month or two). I actually have the parts to build 'the laser helmet' sitting in my dining room I just need a few hours to wire it up.

Curious, when do you apply Toppik with regards to minox?
Apply it after the minox, but let the minox dry first or the Toppik will stick to it more than it sticks to the dry parts of your scalp.

Toppik is brilliant stuff, imo.

-BV

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Update to everyone I found a us source for ru58841, they seem to sell almost exclusively hair stuff. They also have free form minoxidil, RUM, bitmaprost, ASC-J9, and other ones I haven't heard of yet. It's raxuschem.com.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Update to everyone I found a us source for ru58841, they seem to sell almost exclusively hair stuff. They also have free form minoxidil, RUM, bitmaprost, ASC-J9, and other ones I haven't heard of yet. It's raxuschem.com.
Thanks I been looking into this.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Hey Experiment - don't think its a waste of time at all. It can't hurt, and honestly whenever I'm strict with the laser comb I notice an improvement in the thickness of my hair after a while (month or two). I actually have the parts to build 'the laser helmet' sitting in my dining room I just need a few hours to wire it up.

Apply it after the minox, but let the minox dry first or the Toppik will stick to it more than it sticks to the dry parts of your scalp.

Toppik is brilliant stuff, imo.

-BV
I was looking into the helmet. How/where did u get the parts. The comb doesn't seem practical at all..

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
getting confused on what to start taking for my hair loss...im on trt and i take aromasin 2x per week..kinda grabbing at straws here

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I was looking into the helmet. How/where did u get the parts. The comb doesn't seem practical at all..
I got all the parts on Ebay. The more laser diodes you want to use, the more expensive its going to be obviously. I've been meaning to put it together forever, when i do I'll be sure to post up pics and instructions.

-bv

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got all the parts on Ebay. The more laser diodes you want to use, the more expensive its going to be obviously. I've been meaning to put it together forever, when i do I'll be sure to post up pics and instructions.

-bv
Look who the cat drug in!!!

gavinprice9

Banned
Awards
On a hdrol cycle and prone to mpb

Is minoxidil + Spirolactone + nizoral shampoo enought to block all hairloss that may happen?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Good news, you don't have to buy Minoxidil and Azelaic Acid separately anymore (for now...)
I've used the new 5% Minoxidil + 5% Azelaic Acid formula for >3weeks.. works good
it dries super quick too

Here's how I use it-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cJykw2qzfs&feature=player_embedded
(i use it with Regenepure)

Here's my "stack"
http://www.hairlossfromsteroids.com/Products-That-Work.html

further updates to come, this is obviously the best formula since the Perfect Image was pulled
When did you have to buy them separate? I've been using the 5% + 5% Rogaine and A. Acid from Whole Sale Hair for months now, and just reordered more this week.

ovie08

Awards
hey guys,

first time poster, long time reader!

Not sure if anyone will respond to this since its a very long thread, but I've recently started taking

1. 40mg of DBOL daily for 4-5 weeks
  2. 625mg of test weekly
  3. 1 arimidex daily
I have some male pattern baldness in the family. My dad started going bald around late 30's but he had very thing hair. However my hair is VERY thick and grows pretty fast. I am 26 years old. However, I am very concerned about losing my hair. If I knew for a fact I would lose my hair I would probably switch to another type of gear right away. I have never had any signs of hair loss.

Anyways, the cycle started last Tuesday on April 3rd. I wanted to find out what precautions I should take without going overboard? I figure if I take the right precautions now I might save myself just in case.

I have read the forum, and it sounds like topical creams is the best solution. Does anyone with experience know if one cycle for 10 weeks of test, and 4-5 weeks of DBOL will dramatically increase the chances of baldness based on the amounts I am having?

It sounds like its different to everyone, but my moms dad had hair until 40's at least, and when he passed away at 60 he still had some hair on him. However my moms brother is balding at 50 and has really thin hair. Not sure if thin hair relates to baldness, but mine is very thick and I must have 5x the hair follicles as most people lol.

Any input due to my inexperience is totally appreciated, and if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it based on my specific circumstances.

Thanks,

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys,

first time poster, long time reader!

Not sure if anyone will respond to this since its a very long thread, but I've recently started taking
  1. 40mg of DBOL daily for 4-5 weeks
  2. 625mg of test weekly
  3. 1 arimidex daily
I have some male pattern baldness in the family. My dad started going bald around late 30's but he had very thing hair. However my hair is VERY thick and grows pretty fast. I am 26 years old. However, I am very concerned about losing my hair. If I knew for a fact I would lose my hair I would probably switch to another type of gear right away. I have never had any signs of hair loss.

Anyways, the cycle started last Tuesday on April 3rd. I wanted to find out what precautions I should take without going overboard? I figure if I take the right precautions now I might save myself just in case.

I have read the forum, and it sounds like topical creams is the best solution. Does anyone with experience know if one cycle for 10 weeks of test, and 4-5 weeks of DBOL will dramatically increase the chances of baldness based on the amounts I am having?

It sounds like its different to everyone, but my moms dad had hair until 40's at least, and when he passed away at 60 he still had some hair on him. However my moms brother is balding at 50 and has really thin hair. Not sure if thin hair relates to baldness, but mine is very thick and I must have 5x the hair follicles as most people lol.

Any input due to my inexperience is totally appreciated, and if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it based on my specific circumstances.

Thanks,
That cycle will speed up your hair loss without the proper precautions. Read over CED's website and get some good info in so you can take the proper prevenative measures. My advice, go topical and throw in 2.5mg finasteride every 3 days.

ovie08

Awards
That cycle will speed up your hair loss without the proper precautions. Read over CED's website and get some good info in so you can take the proper prevenative measures. My advice, go topical and throw in 2.5mg finasteride every 3 days.
Thanks,

Is there anywhere to get the topical right away or do I have to order it?

I have read the site, but it seems overwhelming with information. My goal is to order something by Friday.

But I see you have high post count, I will take the topical and 2.5 mg every 3 days. I'm 2 weeks into the cycle and haven't done any preventative, but there has been no hair loss so far...hopefully its not too late.

Also, I will reduce the Test. I will assume that gains won't be made as high doing this though, correct?

Any comments on my cycle which is going to last approx 8-10 weeks. I was told from a trainer if I was worried about hair loss to drop the DBOL after 4 weeks.

Lastly, do I have to take Finastride, and the topical cream every day for the rest of my life? Has anyone not used it consistently, or forgot certain days and realized all the preventative work ends up being wasted? What type of costs will I be incurring for this type of thing? Clearly justified, as I want my hair...but just curious if you guys have experience or comments.

-T

ovie08

Awards
i wouldnt go over 400mg of test per week
Thanks Ohio.

Will I need to change the amount of arimidex... and is it fine to switch even after 2 weeks of cycling. I will be talking to my trainer but figured I would ask you as well.

ovie08

Awards
By the way.. I have read HORROR stories online about Finastride... anyone else read about this?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks,

Is there anywhere to get the topical right away or do I have to order it?

I have read the site, but it seems overwhelming with information. My goal is to order something by Friday.

But I see you have high post count, I will take the topical and 2.5 mg every 3 days. I'm 2 weeks into the cycle and haven't done any preventative, but there has been no hair loss so far...hopefully its not too late.

Also, I will reduce the Test. I will assume that gains won't be made as high doing this though, correct? More test equals.... well.... more test, so your assumption would be right. Doesn't mean that it will not be any less productive though. It's still an effective dose of test.

Any comments on my cycle which is going to last approx 8-10 weeks. I was told from a trainer if I was worried about hair loss to drop the DBOL after 4 weeks.

Lastly, do I have to take Finastride, and the topical cream every day for the rest of my life? Has anyone not used it consistently, or forgot certain days and realized all the preventative work ends up being wasted? What type of costs will I be incurring for this type of thing? Clearly justified, as I want my hair...but just curious if you guys have experience or comments. No you will not have to take them the rest of your life, just break with them after pct and you should be good(maybe a couple of weeks after if you want to be safe). Since you still have a lush head of hair, a good topical dht blocker and fina should be all that you need for preventative measures. Your not in the boat of trying to regrow hair like most others so some azelaic acid http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072AOV92?ie=UTF8&tag=hailosfroste-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B0072AOV92 and finasteride should set you up good. Use the cream everyday and try to be consistent and take half a pill of fina (2.5mg) E3D. I'm not aware of anywhere you can purchase the Az cream other then online, but if your in a rush you can always get overnight.

-T
^^^^
If anyone else has any advice feel free to chime in.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By the way.. I have read HORROR stories online about Finastride... anyone else read about this?
Yes. If you keep it low and keep it sparse, there is nothing to worry about. 2.5mg every 3 days and I still act like a teenager when it comes to nookie. 5mg everyday and I might as well be a eunuch.

ovie08

Awards
Yes. If you keep it low and keep it sparse, there is nothing to worry about. 2.5mg every 3 days and I still act like a teenager when it comes to nookie. 5mg everyday and I might as well be a eunuch.
Thanks a lot prld2gr8ns!

I appreciate it!!!!!!!

I'm going to order what you recommended and get a doctor perscribed fina... any good way to get a prescription or just say I want it since I could be going bald soon?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
any of the lasers on the market really work???

gavinprice9

Banned
Awards
on a H drol cycle 50/75/75/75/75/75

Doing Nizoral 4 am M W F (All over head)
Azelaic acid + Minoxidil 4.30 Am everyday (On front to stop receding hairline)
Spiro 2% 5pm Everyday (On front to stop receding hairline)

Sound good?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Laugh... out... loud. All of my posts were deleted recently from this thread - even though I only received one solitary infraction for slipping up and mentioning the name of the WORLD'S largest online shopping destination last night. Thank goodness for all the deletions and infractions, now the secret is safe and I have been properly spanked by the e-fuhrers. I understand the concept, companies pay a few hundred bucks a month to be on this forum so they can advertise, and that in turn pays the mortgage for what's his name, but come on, capitalism doesn't have to be molested into fascism. I mentioned our galaxy's top website for internet commerce in a 10 paragraph post reviewing hair loss shampoo, and all of my other non-related contributions were eradicated, good call! IRON FISTS UNITE.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, just a heads up-

A lot of us used Perfect Image's 15% minoxidil w/ 5% AA and has AWESOME results.
As you know, in December 2011- the FDA banned the sale of 15% minoxidil.
Oddly, Perfect Image LLC. closed up shop entirely.
Since then, in the past month, Perfect Image products have [seemingly] resurfaced in the form of "Minoxipro" and "Perfect Hair Shampoo,"

These products ARE NOT the same formulas that Perfect Image produced. They are just in similar packaging. Avoid Minoxipro and Perfect Hair Shampoo. They are deceptively marketed and don't meet the label claims. I orderred Minoxipro and it DID NOT have Azelaic Acid (or any clinically proven ingredients). They product is advertised as having a "DHT Blocker," it does not. It is just cheap, runny minoxidil that takes about 3 hours to dry.

Here is my video about the issue:
[video=youtube;nCa712d2pE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCa712d2pE0[/video]

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So nizoral is getting hard to find. Is this product closing up shop too? Any alternatives?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, just a heads up-

A lot of us used Perfect Image's 15% minoxidil w/ 5% AA and has AWESOME results.
As you know, in December 2011- the FDA banned the sale of 15% minoxidil.
Oddly, Perfect Image LLC. closed up shop entirely.
Since then, in the past month, Perfect Image products have [seemingly] resurfaced in the form of "Minoxipro" and "Perfect Hair Shampoo,"

These products ARE NOT the same formulas that Perfect Image produced. They are just in similar packaging. Avoid Minoxipro and Perfect Hair Shampoo. They are deceptively marketed and don't meet the label claims. I orderred Minoxipro and it DID NOT have Azelaic Acid (or any clinically proven ingredients). They product is advertised as having a "DHT Blocker," it does not. It is just cheap, runny minoxidil that takes about 3 hours to dry.
Awesome, I just bought some before reading this, haha!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
So nizoral is getting hard to find. Is this product closing up shop too? Any alternatives?
Regenepure DR! Nizoral really doesn't have a full battery of ingredients to combat hair loss, and it often irritates scalps.