Hair Loss Prevention

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Same applies with all topical DHT/Androgen blockers - they'll stop the shedding but wont contribute to regrowth. AFIK, Minoxidil is the only compound that has a proven positive effect on hair regrowth.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
For all you guys with thick hair runnign the prevention loss stack, how do you apply the solutions? Seems like i would need many many ml to cover what i need to because it all gets caught in my hair! What do you guys do? How do you apply this stuff?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
if you used minoxidil to regrow the hair, could you maintain it with a hair loss prevention treatment like spiro and nizoral shampoo? Or would you need to keep using the minox to keep the hair?
:rolleyes: Read through the first post in this thread bro...

For all you guys with thick hair runnign the prevention loss stack, how do you apply the solutions? Seems like i would need many many ml to cover what i need to because it all gets caught in my hair! What do you guys do? How do you apply this stuff?
You've got to part your hair in about 6-7 places and apply it with an eye dropper right to the scalp. Then message it into your skin. You'll still get some in your hair, but that's inevetible.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro...today I just used a pin and drew up a ml of the solution then took off the needle and squrited it on my scalp in like 20 different spots....my hair feels stronger already....;)

steve777

Awards
where is the best place to buy Dr.Lee's 'Regrowth Treatment Shampoo' ?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Great thread...have a few questions though....basically just want some opinions...and yes, I read the whole thread...lol.

So basically I use AAS and I have a problem with the hair thinning above my temples. Everywhere else on my head is fine. So, I'm gonna buy some minox 5%/AA 5% combo and apply that twice/day. I will be off adrogens for at least 7-8 months....maybe even longer. Anyways, will minox 5% be able to regrow hair in the temples? I heard before that it can only cause regrowth in the crwon...is this true?? Has anybody had success regrowing in the temples w/ minox 5%??

second question is for you guys that've used minox5%....how long did you notice the shedding take place? How long did it take to start regrowing your hair + the hair that you just lost due to the minox?? How bad was it?? Thx for any help here...

mortac8

Awards
lifted, minox should help at least a little bit on your temples. It usually takes 2-4 months to see regrowth. Any shedding you get from it shouldn't be too bad if you even shed at all (I never did).

One thing to be careful of...some people, who start using minoxoxil and use it for a long time, will lose alot of hair whenever they go off minoxidil (espeically people who use it all over their head). So some people (me included) see minoxidil as a "lifetime treatment". Also, even if you regrow your temples, if you stop minoxidil you will probably lose your temples again.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
okay, that's what I wanted to hear fellas...thx a million.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that's pretty much a given - if you start using minoxidil dont plan on comming off. It's a lifetime treatment. Realisticaly, you could probably stop using it for a month or so but you'll notice the hair you regrew start to shed and not comeback after a while.

Give the 5% minox a try for the temples, if after 6 months you dont see an improvement, I'd try the 12% cream. Most people that dont respond to the 5% respond well to stronger concentrated solutions. Ive found the temples to be a stubborn area...Ill be giving the 12% a go next month.

BV

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
thx for the tip BV. btw, does Dr. Lee still have you pay for the first initial consultation? Anybody use them recently??

I gotta say, this stuff is so cheap at custom's and other places, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't use this stuff...Dr. Lee's can be a bit more, but IMO it's still not too much if the products work for ya...

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have an important Q:

For the topical spiro and Azelaic Acid, do you have to leave it in your hair all day or can you just leave it in for 10 minutes? Also, which one should I use first before I put on the other?

mortac8

Awards
You should leave it in all day (or at least several hours). I would use AA first especially if you're using spiro cream. If you're using spriro liquid and AA liquid, I still think you should use AA first but I'm not positive.

Dr. Lee still charges for the initial consultation.

I have an important Q:

For the topical spiro and Azelaic Acid, do you have to leave it in your hair all day or can you just leave it in for 10 minutes? Also, which one should I use first before I put on the other?

tweaks

Board Supporter
Awards
btw, does Dr. Lee still have you pay for the first initial consultation? Anybody use them recently??
I just used Dr. Lee. I sent in my consulatation form and was cleared to order within a week. You'll be billed something like $20 for the consulation on your first order.

And yes, Dr. Lee's products are a little pricey but you really won't find them anywhere else.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well, my opinion of Dr.Lee is that he definitely has the best quality products, but you pay a premium for them. I used Custom's products for a couple months, and while they work fine and he's awesome for offering them at such a great price - when I swithced back to the Xandrox line I noticed a difference. Especially in ease of application...the Xandrox stuff also makes my hair look fuller rather than greasy, and I *never* get dandruff like I do on other products.

Even if you're going to go with Custom's products, if you're doing this to fight genetic MPB than I highly recommend being able to order from Minoxidil.com. You should try both and see which ones you like better.

For me, they are worth the extra cost. Although I alternate between Custom and Dr.Lee just to save a little cash.

BV

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I ordered from WSHP. THey have the mino 5%/AA 5% in a combo together and it comes in a little spray bottle. Maybe I'll use custom or Dr. Lee next time...

Changing

Banned
Awards
Has anyone ordered from www.hair2go.com?

This is what i'm looking to buy

1. %2 Nizoral Shampoo
2. %5 Minoxidil
3. Avodart® (Dutasteride 0.5mg)
4. Propecia (Finasteride)

You guys think this will hinder muscle growth? Also if that link is not reliable can you guys give me links to where i can buy this stuff? thanks

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hey Changing - thanks for the link that site has some interesting products. Their prices seem on the high side though. Read through the first page in this thread, should answer your questions regarding oral androgen blockers.

BigV

Changing

Banned
Awards
I know IBE sells Finasteride liquid from but i'm not sure about the quality (undosed or overdosed) but i did check out CNW but i'm looking for finasteride and duosteride i want to make sure my hair doesn't fall out.
I want to use every procaution possible.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Bro unless you're severely genetically prone to MPB or going on a highly-androgenic cycle, I'd say start with the topicals.

BV

Changing

Banned
Awards
where can i buy 2% Nizoral Shampoo in the usa or online (goodsource)?

Changing

Banned
Awards
oh i thought it was prescription

u sure your not buying the 1%

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Changing - Dr.Lee's Regrowth Treatment Shampoo is only about $14 and lasts about 2.5 months or so. It is superior to standard Nizoral 2%.

Custom sells Ketoconazole powder (active ingredient in Nizoral) dirt cheap. You could add it to your favorite shampoo and save a bundle.

BV

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Changing - Dr.Lee's Regrowth Treatment Shampoo is only about $14 and lasts about 2.5 months or so. It is superior to standard Nizoral 2%.

Custom sells Ketoconazole powder (active ingredient in Nizoral) dirt cheap. You could add it to your favorite shampoo and save a bundle.

BV
does anyone know how much ketoconazole powder is needed to make two percent... would i have to measure it out and do some math,,,,ts my guess... am i right?

has anyone done this

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
does anyone know how much ketoconazole powder is needed to make two percent... would i have to measure it out and do some math,,,,ts my guess... am i right?

has anyone done this
If I remember correctly, 1% is 1 gram per 32oz of shampoo. I think Custom's ketoconazole powder page said something like this when I bought some from them.

-kwantam

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
mb27 - Are you in Canada? In the US, only the 1% is on store shelves. 2% requires a prescription. Both are OTC in Canada.

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
that recipe may be a little "light"
Oops... braino on my part. 1% would obviously be 10 grams per liter, assuming your shampoo's density is close to that of water.

-kwantam

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
I think it is more like almost 2/3 of the male population is subjective to Male pattern baldness.

mb27

Awards
mb27 - Are you in Canada? In the US, only the 1% is on store shelves. 2% requires a prescription. Both are OTC in Canada.
I'm in the US. I'm not sure about the 1%. I'm up in MASS and I get it at shaws. Whatever %age it is, it seems to help shedding.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Eh. I just bought some ProCede. I'll let you know how it works. My hair isn't exactly thin but in the right light you can see my scalp in a couple of thin areas... My hair isn't exactly thick either...

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Crap. I don't have 2-3 days where I can go without washing or styling my hair right now. And, I've been doing some research and found that you need to apply the stuff within 24 hours of receiving it.. I had to cancel my order. I'll reorder again soon. It does sound interesting. It's got to do with scalp-peeling. I believe it works...

rfbulletdude

Awards
i have noticed thinning on the top of my scalp, but no receding. i am not doing steroids, nor have i ever used them. i plan on taking the regrowth treatment shampoo EOD along w/ 1mg (this correct?) finasteride ED. anyone use the liquid finasteride, and if so what is a good reliable site? also, how many squirts would equal 1mg?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
ALERT

i found this in a bodybuilding magazine

http://www.procede.com/Index.aspx?NATS=

looks like it is " The One" money back guartee

if it turns out to be cool i want some reps
<<BigVrunga slaps his head>>

This stuff is total BS. Read their claims:

PróCede™ revolutionary formula creates the appearance of a healthier, thicker and fuller hair shaft after only one application.

The exclusive, one-of-a-kind formula increases the diameter of thinning hair.

This intense cleansing action and stimulation reduces toxins harmful to the maintenance of healthy hair.

PróCede™ begins working immediately and the results can become evident in as little as 48 hours - a fuller, stronger, thicker looking head of hair after just one application!

With a worldwide patent pending, PróCede™ revolutionary formula is drug-free .
That means no potentially dangerous drug interactions
All this stuff is, is a cosmetic treatment. It only makes hair look thicker, IT DOES NOT REGROW HAIR.

It may help thinning hair look thicker, but so will a good conditioner. This stuff really isnt anything more than a volumizer, and an expensive on at that! $200 for a 3 month supply? You could buy all your hair care products from minoxidil.com, save $100, and actually have more hair on your head. You could buy all your hair care products from a board sponsor, save $150 and have more hair on your head!!!

:frustrate

BV

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
id still like to hear a testimonial from someone who used it...on this board,after all it is risk free.

I have a good head of hair, but may be predisposed, would an application twice daily of spiro, spaced over three days , prevent dht buildup?

I currently use nizoral 2 %

ryanbodybuilder

Awards
  • Established
where can i buy spriolactone because it looks like CNW isnt carrying it anymore

rfbulletdude

Awards
id still like to hear a testimonial from someone who used it...on this board,after all it is risk free.

I have a good head of hair, but may be predisposed, would an application twice daily of spiro, spaced over three days , prevent dht buildup?

I currently use nizoral 2 %
how has nizoral worked for you, and what have you used it for (recession, thinning?)?

rfbulletdude

Awards
i was wondering, are their any hair products that are detrimental to your hair. for instance, i use wax to syle my hair, and was wondering if its bad. thanks.

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
how has nizoral worked for you, and what have you used it for (recession, thinning?)?
I use Nizoral 2% every day as an insurance policy. So far, nothing has touched my hairline, which implies to me that I'm just not gonna get androgenic alopecia, period. This probably means that the Nizoral is a complete waste, but buying the powder is cheap, so I'm not taking any chances.

-kwantam

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have noticed thicker appearance. Ive used it too stop any recession.

so would applying spiro 5 % twice a week prevent any buildup?

p.s. i hear spiro smells nasty