Greenlander's cutting plan

greenlander

Awards
Well, I started Bobo's cutting plan today. My opening weight was, 179lbs, which was actually a little bit of a surprise, because my weight two weeks ago was 172lbs. There's no way I put that weight on in two weeks, I've been eating ok, but I have recently come off a lo-carb diet, so I think that accounts for the bulk of it. I'd approximate my bodyfat % at 18%. I should take some before pics..

At any rate, today was my first day and eating the food was easy. So was the workout, well, it was tough but I was familiar with all the exercises etc, so it went by smoothly. Paying attention to the TUT is new to me, so that's something to get used to.

In terms of the food, I think I enjoyed the tuna and cottage cheese least, but a small amount of fat free mayo is ok with the tuna, right? And cottage cheese is cottage cheese. And I can't find goddam wholegrain bagels in NYC, believe it or not.

ok, I'm off to get meal 5, will keep everyone posted.

GRosk1234

Pi Alpha Omega Epsilon Alpha
Awards
Good luck man, stick to the plan and you will be pleased with your results.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
In terms of the food, I think I enjoyed the tuna and cottage cheese least, but a small amount of fat free mayo is ok with the tuna, right? And cottage cheese is cottage cheese. And I can't find goddam wholegrain bagels in NYC, believe it or not.
I was just up in NYC for 4 days spending some time with my sister. I brought w/w bagels but ran out. I walked a block over on either 75 or 76th and park and there was a amazing bagel store (Bagel Comp or something) and had great whole wheat bagels.

good luck man, stick to it and the reusults with be great.

greenlander

Awards
Thanks guys, it's going good so far, apart from........

I just noticed that Bobo mentions milk and skim milk in the prgram. Am I supposed to be drinking whole milk too, or should I take it that both refer to skim milk? Hmm...

I've been drinking skim milk all the time.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
I just noticed that Bobo mentions milk and skim milk in the prgram. Am I supposed to be drinking whole milk too, or should I take it that both refer to skim milk? Hmm...
My plan used only skim milk. Does he have both entered on the "grocery list?" If so, you may want to ask for clarification.

greenlander

Awards
My plan used only skim milk. Does he have both entered on the "grocery list?" If so, you may want to ask for clarification.

No, just skim, so I'm assuming I was right, but I'll check anyways.

greenlander

Awards
Everything still going good. Was just looking at Woodenman's cutting log and it seems that he increases the weights after every rep. Is that what you're supposed to do? I keep them static.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
increase the weight after every rep? or set?
if your new to TUT and can increase the weight after very set than you might not be doing it right....the weight should decrease alot at first.....then its smooth sailing.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
At first you have to adjust to the rep scheme and the TUT style so weights are low. Once you get a understanding at what you can do I personally do as much weight as I can but am still able to follow the rep scheme and rep #s perfectly.

greenlander

Awards
increase the weight after every rep? or set?
if your new to TUT and can increase the weight after very set than you might not be doing it right....the weight should decrease alot at first.....then its smooth sailing.
Set rather.

Yeah, I don't, just wondered if I'd missed a direction somewhere. It's not too bad, a little hard to estimate the right weight at first, I'll get there.

greenlander

Awards
I've been on the plan a full week, so today was my weekly weigh-in. The scales say 177lbs, down from 179lbs. Hopefully If I can keep my weekly weight loss close to that, I'll be very pleased. I'm almost surprised, considering how I went to town on my cheat meal last night. I definitely want to keep that in check a little better. But a good start overall.

WoodenMan

Awards
Greenlander,

In my plan I had started with rather low weight in regards to what I could lift personally. As I became accommodated to the routine, I adjusted my lifts in regards to how I able to handle the weight given that specific exercise. My advice is the same as the others, start relatively low in regards to what you can do and track your results as you do your lifts. By doing that, you can then dynamically change the weight if you want in regards to the ratios set by your workout plan given by Bobo. In my post today in my thread, I am going to post what I do for my tracking which might help others who are doing the similar plan and are relatively new to the ratios setup (I definitely consider me in this category).

woodenman

greenlander

Awards
Well, today was my second weekly weight-in. And unfortunately the scales say 189, which is a gain of two pounds and puts me back to where I started from. My diet and workout were the same as last week pretty much, so I'm at a loss to explain it. My weight always jumps around a lot, but it's still discouraging.

Bobo, I don't know if you want to make any changes or see how it goes next week.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please email me.

greenlander

Awards
Well, today was my weekly weight-in, at the end of the third week of my program. Again, there was no change on the scales and I'm still on 179lbs. I would be disappointed, except for what's been happening with my lifs. I kinda noticed this last week, but it was even more pronounced this week...

I was using higher and higher weights for my lifts and still found myself able to get to the end of the required reps. I could barely add weight on fast enough! This wasn't a case of getting used to the TUT either, I've always lifted at a moderate pace, so that aspect wasn't difficult for me. But I'm now lifting heavier weights than I was before I started the program. From my chest and arm measurements and from visual inspection, I'm pretty sure I've put on some muscle. Obviously if I'm putting on muscle and staying at the same weight, I'm losing fat. So even if things are happening a little differently than expected, I'm still going in the right direction.

So I'll just keep going and see how things progress.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is why I tell people to take measurements! :)

Now where you go from here is up to you. I can drop some calories to where weight loss increases or you continue on this route. Let me know what you want to do and we can go from there.

greenlander

Awards
This is why I tell people to take measurements! :)

Now where you go from here is up to you. I can drop some calories to where weight loss increases or you continue on this route. Let me know what you want to do and we can go from there.
It's tempting to say drop the calories, but being able to increase the weights after being stalled on my previous program for so long is fun too!

I think I'll take it week by week, and at some point decide to cut back. But I'll stick with the current plan for now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Supplements 33
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1