getting so very sick of eggs

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Getting so sick of eggs as part of my breakfast, any idea's on what i should substitute with?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the protein? there's a number of protein rich foods. Meats, cheeses, milk, Wheat type breads. You can get all those with low fat or no fat and low carb versions.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i usually do one whole egg and 6 whites with some oatmeal.
I just really need a change, ive been eating the same breakfast for way too long

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Those white things that hang off the yokes are disgusting.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Turkey and fat free cheese on stone ground wheat bread.

All natty pb on toast and a glass of skim milk.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I add 3 egg whites and 1/2 scoop of protein powder to my oats and have 4 slices of turkey bacon for breakfast.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
lol, when I seperate the egg yolks and whites, I intentionally put the white part in with my mix. I figure there's gotta be more protein. Hell, I even scrape out the egg shell for more white haha.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was thinking along the lines of what Rodja said. Grind some oats in a coffee been grinder, then blend it with some skim milk, eggs/egg whites, fat free yogurt, and maybe some protein powder.

For flavor just add fruits or natty pb or juice. Liquid Sucralose would be ideal to sweaten it up too.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking along the lines of what Rodja said. Grind some oats in a coffee been grinder, then blend it with some skim milk, eggs/egg whites, fat free yogurt, and maybe some protein powder.

For flavor just add fruits or natty pb or juice. Liquid Sucralose would be ideal to sweaten it up too.
mmmm, now that sounds delicious and would be an excellent change of pace for me!

Thanks for the good idea's guys :thumbsup:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I'm bulking I have to eat those now and then. I just can't eat enough food sometimes and you can add A LOT of cals to one shake via some natty pb, oats, and eggs.

Some other ingredients could be milled flax seed, cottage cheese, and I've seen guys add avocado and olive oil. I have not tried the last two in a shake...blah.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
I'll basically eat any meal for breakfast, so I don't have much of a problem there. I can say that I never get sick of eggs because I cook them so many different ways. Some examples:

MexicanEggs: Scrambled, mixed with a tiny bit of tomato juice to thin. Sauteed diced peppers, garlic and onions. Seasoned with some chilli powder, and a little bit of cumin. Served with salsa and (sometimes) some monterrey jack cheese.

Pepperoni Pizza eggs: Scrambled, mixed with a bit of tomato juice. Sauteed garlic and tiny pieces of pepperoni (not too much). Spiced with oregano and basil. Topped with some marinara sauce and (sometimes) some mozzerella cheese.

I probably cook about 12 different variations of eggs.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
Fresh bluberries and some cottage cheese and a bit of cinnamon is pretty awesome.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
haha...I actually take the time to remove it (at least most of it!)
You and me both man. Wtf is that thing? The fetus?

That shouldn't even be formed yet... damn.

I cracked one egg open and two yokes came out one time. I about threw up.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
haha...not sure...maybe the imbilical (sp?) cord (eww!)

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Search online, there are dried/powdered egg whites. Its what I use in my morning shake along with ground up oats from the coffee grinder, light and fit yogurt, some skim milk, a tablespoon of natty pb and some frozen fruit to thicken it up. Ends up being easier than making all those eggs.

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
add avocado and olive oil. I have not tried the last two in a shake...blah.
Olive oil is pretty tasteless in the shake that I create but I use a good amount of frozen fruit ;)

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
man i love those things, just mix your egg whites with your grits man, add some i can't believe its not butter spray and a kraft single and your good to go. i also mix my eggs with my oats and add 1tbs honey. man i wish it was mornin already!

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
never tried grits, not really sure how they are cooked or have even seem them at the grocer

vtstone

Awards
when you guys are talking about adding egg whites to your shakes and oats are you cooking them or just throwing them in raw. i do need to add something to my oats they are just bland

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
Add salsa, that might spice things up for your boredom w/eggs.

What I do when I start to get bored with eggs is have them with a noncured no-nitrate hotdog (thanks Trader Joe's). Eggs + hotdog or sausage = heaven on earth.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
when you guys are talking about adding egg whites to your shakes and oats are you cooking them or just throwing them in raw. i do need to add something to my oats they are just bland
I add them raw, but the egg whites in a box are pasteurized if that worries you.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
every morning i eat 10 egg whites and 2 whole eggs. i will usually throw a slice of kraft 2% pepper jack cheese on them and let it melt down for a few mins.

i will also add some ketchup and they go down pretty good. i have been eating eggs every morning for around 3 years and i change it up enough that it does not seem to get to me...

Mr. Aragons post about the "good" hot dogs sounds like a winner to me. As long as the fat is somewhat under control on them i dont see a problem when used in moderation...

Big Justice

Big Justice

Awards
I hear ya on the eggs, bro. There are only so many ways to mess around with them. For what it is worth, I mix up the following concoction to make the eggs a little more palatable:

1 whole egg
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
2 tbsp salsa (Newman's own is pretty kick ass)
1 slice 2% american cheese

I usually also have one slice of wheat bread (especially if it is the morning).

Comes out to: 340 cals, 9g fat, 20g carbs, 41g pro. (without the bread it would be 270/8/7/39)

I cannot stand cottage cheese, but mixed into the eggs and egg whites, I do not even notice it. It's surprisingly tasty. The salsa really gives it a kick.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya on the eggs, bro. There are only so many ways to mess around with them. For what it is worth, I mix up the following concoction to make the eggs a little more palatable:

1 whole egg
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
2 tbsp salsa (Newman's own is pretty kick ass)
1 slice 2% american cheese

I usually also have one slice of wheat bread (especially if it is the morning).

Comes out to: 340 cals, 9g fat, 20g carbs, 41g pro. (without the bread it would be 270/8/7/39)

I cannot stand cottage cheese, but mixed into the eggs and egg whites, I do not even notice it. It's surprisingly tasty. The salsa really gives it a kick.
NICE...
i will try a similar deal tomorrow!
Thanks Man, Welcome to the boards by the way,,,

Big Justice

Big Justice

Awards
thanks. Let me know what you think of the eggs.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks. Let me know what you think of the eggs.
Do you fry these up like scrambled eggs or what is your method of preparation, if any... I was wondering about the denaturing of the Whey in the Cottage cheese if i cooked this at all...

:frustrate

Big Justice

Big Justice

Awards
I do. I put the eggs, eggs whites and cottage cheese in a bowl and scramble them up. Then I chuck it all in a frying pan and throw on the salsa and cheese for a couple of minutes. Not sure what the net result of the cooking does to the retained nutrients, but raw egg whites are pretty rough and I can only eat so many fake meals per day.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do. I put the eggs, eggs whites and cottage cheese in a bowl and scramble them up. Then I chuck it all in a frying pan and throw on the salsa and cheese for a couple of minutes. Not sure what the net result of the cooking does to the retained nutrients, but raw egg whites are pretty rough and I can only eat so many fake meals per day.
i hear ya.... thanks man!