Getting sick, advise?

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
I am coming down with the cold/flu/strep/something. I am one of those individuals who hardly gets sick but when I do, it hits me pretty good. My throat is itcy, light fever, I feel weak. Any suggestions on how to fight this? I am alergic to acetaminophin. I am taking Alka-Seltzer (tablets), its about one of the only thing I can consume that doesnt have acetaminophen. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Manny

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give this a gander:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/otc-drug/74970-trauma1s-common-cold.html

The zicam nasal swabs are probably one of the few things i'd recommend. It's designed to attenuate the virus (inhibiting viral replication) right at the nasal mucosa site of origin. It should help to decrease the overall duration of the actual URI (upper respiratory infection.)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Salt water rinses, lots of sleep. Also some advice from Dr. D the last time I cauht a cold
Oh man, the high dose C is cool, but always neutralize it first. Sodium bicarb or potassium citrate, something like that works great and helps you rehydrate at the same time. 4g of free ascorbic acid hurt when it comes out the other ends, lol.

Always avoid iron, magnesium and calcium too as much as possible. That's why your pharmacist puts that no dairy/tums sticker on the side of anti-biotics Rx's, pathogens need those minerals to grow and maintain cell wall integrity. Lots of guys double up on the multi when they get sick, in reality you should drop it for a few days until you start feeling better. Know what I mean? Olive leaf extract too bro, and add an anti-cort like DHEA or one of it's derivatives. Took LFX this winter and didn't even get a stomach flu, amazing benefit from anti-cort.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm not too sure how long the rhino (cold) virus can survive on objects but I'd recommend washing hands and spraying lysol on keyboard, mouse, steering wheel, door knobs ect... Change pillow case + sheets. Avoid rubbing eyes or putting hands to your face.
All the other remidies will help You recover, I'm suggesting some prevention techniques to use when your ill so you don't keep getting infected over & over (I'm not a germ-a- phobe)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lots of Vitamin C. Sounds pretty cliché, but I will down 3 g when I start feeling a cold come upon me and it knocks is completely out. Saturday night I was coming down with a sore throat and took 3g of crystallized V C before bed. Next morning I took another 3g and by that afternoon I was feeling normal. :D

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Lots of Vitamin C. Sounds pretty cliché, but I will down 3 g when I start feeling a cold come upon me and it knocks is completely out. Saturday night I was coming down with a sore throat and took 3g of crystallized V C before bed. Next morning I took another 3g and by that afternoon I was feeling normal. :D
I use Vit.C more as a prevention than a cure.

1 gram twice a day, everyday and 1 more gram post workout if it's a training day. Haven't been sick since doing this and i've been around plenty of sick people.

When i have been sick in the past i always went off whatever diet i was on and tended to eat more junk food. Sugary junk food. Always made me feel better.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use Vit.C more as a prevention than a cure.

1 gram twice a day, everyday and 1 more gram post workout if it's a training day. Haven't been sick since doing this and i've been around plenty of sick people.

When i have been sick in the past i always went off whatever diet i was on and tended to eat more junk food. Sugary junk food. Always made me feel better.
Yeah, I consume 2-3 g intra workout to help with cortisol reduction. I agree, it is very good for preventing a cold. I rarely get sick.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
oddly enough i take garlic pills, its an antioxident... since i started quadruple dosing those and overdosing fish oil at night i have been feeling a hell of alot better and i think i have bronchitis