Getting really discouraged

goberzerk

goberzerk

Awards
It's been 4 weeks into my fat loss journey and I dropped 10lbs rather quickly. 5'10 271 starting, this morning currently weighing in at 261lb. I'm getting extremely frustrated because In two weeks the scale hasn't moved.

Now I've been lifting 4x a week with 3 cardio session split. My cal count is ~2000-2200 Says MFP. I haven't cheated or slipped up at all. I even started taking erase pro along with alphamine. I feel the alphamine as far as energy and appetite suppression but I just can't seem to shake the weight.

Thoughts guys? Would love a deep dish right about now :/

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
take a picture of yourself, front / back once a week in the morning and make sure its the samep place / well lit. dont worry about supps, whats your cardio at? i usually start out 3x 30min sessions and add 5 mins / more sessions. I'd just tighten the diet up if you could and see what next week brings

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Calories seem way to low im 5'10" 229 and losing weight at 3200 cals a day find a site and calculate your tdee it helped me a lot

BeyondLimits3

BeyondLimits3

Awards
Diet is the most important so i would post your diet here so people can help out with that .

2000 calories is way too low. If your feeling hungry constantly or craving most likely you are not eating enough. I would start off at least 2800-3000 calories myself.

I've drop close to 45 lbs in 3 months and i can tell you weight loss is not linear

Not me but heres a good example

ProgressChart-2-1.png

I had weeks where i dropped 0 lbs and others where i dropped 5. If you lifting hard you will not see much of a decrease on the scale.

Keep it up!

vassille

Awards
Losing body fat is all about how efficient the cells in your body are able to access the stored body fat for energy.
It is somewhat complicated matter of explaining this but main important thing is the balance between insulin and glucagon.
You want low insulin high glucagon.
Buy a cheap glucose meter and start keeping track of your glucose reading. To gain that much fat you def have an insulin imbalance and/or resistance.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it sounds like you could be having a little recomp going on.. staying the same weight but actually increasing muscle.. are you new to weight training along with your diet?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those calories seem wayyyy to low. What is your experience in weight training?

Have you altered your macros within the last two weeks at all?

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I don't see how you could not lose weight at those calories. I would have thought recomp effects also, but at those calories I don't see how that would be possible.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
that's why I asked how long hes been training.. seems like something only a beginner could have happen.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
You will be suprised to find out you need to eat more to loose weight.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
It's been 4 weeks into my fat loss journey and I dropped 10lbs rather quickly. 5'10 271 starting, this morning currently weighing in at 261lb. I'm getting extremely frustrated because In two weeks the scale hasn't moved.

Now I've been lifting 4x a week with 3 cardio session split. My cal count is ~2000-2200 Says MFP. I haven't cheated or slipped up at all. I even started taking erase pro along with alphamine. I feel the alphamine as far as energy and appetite suppression but I just can't seem to shake the weight.

Thoughts guys? Would love a deep dish right about now :/
Your calories seem far too low man. I'm 70lbs less than you and I'm losing weight on 2500-2700. Find a site that gives your TDEE. Start off at a 250 calorie deficit for a week, if your not dropping any weight subtract another 100 cals for another week and so on so forth until your dropping weight. The initial 10lbs you lost would be strictly water weight. If you haven't done so already eliminate simple sugars, gluten and diary from your diet. Cycle your carbs depending on what muscle group your working ie legs and back are higher carb days, arms and shoulders are lower carb days. Also don't be disheartened,
These things take time but being consistent is what will get you there!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Your calories seem far too low man. I'm 70lbs less than you and I'm losing weight on 2500-2700. Find a site that gives your TDEE. Start off at a 250 calorie deficit for a week, if your not dropping any weight subtract another 100 cals for another week and so on so forth until your dropping weight. The initial 10lbs you lost would be strictly water weight. If you haven't done so already eliminate simple sugars, gluten and diary from your diet. Cycle your carbs depending on what muscle group your working ie legs and back are higher carb days, arms and shoulders are lower carb days. Also don't be disheartened,
These things take time but being consistent is what will get you there!
Just curious on the dairy part

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
The more I eat = the more I lose. I dont know the chemistry behind it but it seems accurate. Also the more protein I get the leaner I get. I tend to use Isotean and Protean as my sources!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Just curious on the dairy part
I've found over the years a lot of people don't know that they are actually lactose or gluten intolerant. My wife being one of them, she went on for years feeling miserable simply because she was lactose intolerant and didn't know it. Gluten and lactose are the two most common things people are allergic to, and most people don't know they are actually intolerant. Plus what other animal has milk out of infancy?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
did OP disappear?
OP is gone, but I will replace him. Would like to hear more about eating more to lose fat....my calories are low and if I lower them, it seems I experience even less fat loss and more weakness and smoothness. Without getting into details. What should I do to reset myself so the furnace starts again. I am using reduce xt and dexaprine, a few serving of modern bcaa's. Do HITT 3 times a week for 30 minutes fasted and 3 1-2 hour workouts (when 2 hours - at least 30 minutes of that is light hip / shoulder recovery stuff).
I have been on this regime for about 15 weeks now - had good results until about 5-6 weeks in....
I am at about 14% bodyfat and down from about 18%. With a goal of 10-12% and then to go on a maintenance phase, followed by a bulk etc and after about about 6 months of this....cut again with the goal of 9%-10% - and try to retain at 10%.

Do I need to go on maintenance now? I can see how raising my calories would give me more energy and possibly lead to resetting my system. Please elaborate, thank you!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
When dieting for too long of a period your leptin levels decrease, eating more replenishes these levels. If you haven't been already throw in a high calorie high carb day in once every two weeks. This will keep your leptin levels up and the fat burning furnace stoked. This is a basic version lol but I'm sure you get the picture :)

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
When dieting for too long of a period your leptin levels decrease, eating more replenishes these levels. If you haven't been already throw in a high calorie high carb day in once every two weeks. This will keep your leptin levels up and the fat burning furnace stoked. This is a basic version lol but I'm sure you get the picture :)
Your right. I have noticed than when 'i lose it' and it eat everything in site - I feel full and strong for about 4-5 after and fell leaner. It is toughening up and removing these carb reset days that has got me in to the place I am right now. Tonight it happens to be my bday - I took a couple of AP's before the big dinner - ate a ton of lasagna and ice cream cake - looks like I am back on the road to getting leaner lol! Thanks for your response...

bobtail

Awards
The OP is eating way too little. To lose fat you have to eat A LOT! This isn't rocket science. Cut out the grains and the dairy (and, yes, sugar is a grain). Eat no less than 5 times a day. If I skip a meal, I gain weight. Every single time!
We can argue this until the cows come home but the bottom line is you have to eat on a schedule and get in the meals. I remember Branch Warren freaking out that he was stuck on an airplane and couldn't get a meal. That says something right there.
Yeah, some people have luck with IF and CBL but I bet they were pretty lean to start with.
Just MHO

goberzerk

goberzerk

Awards
I appreciate everyone's responses, unfortunately the new iOS 7 crashes the AM app whenever I try to respond, so I had to wait to use my home computer...but anyways.

YES I AM ALIVE, and I have increased my cals significantly, and just like everyone said the weight (hopefully fat) would come off. I'm down to a total of 15 LBs in just over a months time. I feel great, and have been allowing my self a "splurge meal" once a week.

Thank you again everyone for your responses.

goberzerk

goberzerk

Awards
take a picture of yourself, front / back once a week in the morning and make sure its the samep place / well lit. dont worry about supps, whats your cardio at? i usually start out 3x 30min sessions and add 5 mins / more sessions. I'd just tighten the diet up if you could and see what next week brings
Been doing this, at first I couldn't tell a difference. But from day 1 to 40 I can absolutely see it in my side by sides

Calories seem way to low im 5'10" 229 and losing weight at 3200 cals a day find a site and calculate your tdee it helped me a lot
I've increased cals to ~2700

it sounds like you could be having a little recomp going on.. staying the same weight but actually increasing muscle.. are you new to weight training along with your diet?
New to weight training, yes.