GDA's??

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi! Have anybody try to take gynema sylvestre before bed? What was the effects?
No gynema but I take 500mg of bitter melon extract before bed to help lower fasting insulin overnight.
I don’t have anything for measuring insulin or blood glucose but theoretically it should help

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This. I take 1-2 caps of Glycøshield at bed depending on my nutrition for the day which has 75% gymema and is the trademarked Sabina versions GS4+ ... Help lean out / dry out/ clear out excess blood sugar overnight

Highest % extract available
Do you only do this when you eat within 3 hours of bedtime? I considered taking a full GDA before bed but was worried I’d go hypo

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you only do this when you eat within 3 hours of bedtime? I considered taking a full GDA before bed but was worried I’d go hypo
Yes but i literally always eat 1-2 hours before bed. So I usually take it about 1-2 hours after my final meal of the day and am asleep by hour 3 post meal

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Unless you are on a strict keto diet, I wouldn't worry too much about going hypo while you sleep. Yes it does happen to people, but you should have a decent amount of glycogen in your liver, and it will dump some when you go hypo so you won't stay hypo for long. Typically if you go hypo when sleeping you will have some night sweats associated with it. Other than that most people are not aware at all when they have gone hypo at night. That being said i am referring to how it works in healthy people and I do not know your situation and am not a medical practitioner. So take that information as what it is. Info you can consider in making your own decisions.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes but i literally always eat 1-2 hours before bed. So I usually take it about 1-2 hours after my final meal of the day and am asleep by hour 3 post meal
Surely it’d be better to take it 10-20 minutes before your last meal as this way it’ll help to blunt the insulin induced by it?
If taken 1-2 hours after your last meal then it’ll help to keep your fasted insulin level overnight down really well but it won’t blunt the insulin response to your last meal. Therefore if you eat 1-2 hours before bed and are done digesting approximately when you go to bed then insulin will be released when you go to bed and will be in circulation during your first two hours of sleep.
I’m pretty sure that taking a GDA reduces blood sugar levels but wouldn’t reduce the amount of insulin already in circulation, and so, if you take it approximately when you go to bed then it won’t do anything about the insulin already in circulation.
Like that’s why the instructions on GDAs usually advise you to take them before meals and not when you’re done digesting it

just trying to better educate myself

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Surely it’d be better to take it 10-20 minutes before your last meal as this way it’ll help to blunt the insulin induced by it?
If taken 1-2 hours after your last meal then it’ll help to keep your fasted insulin level overnight down really well but it won’t blunt the insulin response to your last meal. Therefore if you eat 1-2 hours before bed and are done digesting approximately when you go to bed then insulin will be released when you go to bed and will be in circulation during your first two hours of sleep.
I’m pretty sure that taking a GDA reduces blood sugar levels but wouldn’t reduce the amount of insulin already in circulation, and so, if you take it approximately when you go to bed then it won’t do anything about the insulin already in circulation.
Like that’s why the instructions on GDAs usually advise you to take them before meals and not when you’re done digesting it

I take it before the meal always. Was just speaking on the pre bed dose

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I think you have a slight misunderstanding regarding the use and mode of action for GDA's. The reason to use them is not to blunt insulin release from a meal. It is to make you more sensitive to the insulin that has been, or will be released during the active halflife of the product. Honestly 10-20 minutes before a meal is not optimal as most gda's need 30-ish minutes to get into the blood stream and take effect on the insulin receptors or GLUT-4 trans-locators.

As a matter of fact, when using to increase anabolism you want a serious insulin spike associated with the GDA induced increase in insulin sensitivity so you can get as many nutrients as possible into the muscles.

Yes becoming more insulin sensitive will cause you to produce less insulin, and this is noticeable in dietary changes. So you might be putting those two piece of information together to come up with your hypothesis. However for the most part the improvement in insulin sensitivity from a GDA is transient. Meaning it will not have much carry over to normal life once the GDA is out of your system. Now prolonged use might help due to lower insulin levels during the GDA use allowing the cells to recover from the chronically high insulin levels you might have had before. However this will fade shortly thereafter as the benefits of the GDA are not keeping sensitivity super-physiologically enhanced so insulin levels will have to adjust upwards to do the same job it was with the GDA previously.

The only reason to take a GDA right before bed after carbohydrates have digested is to try and lower blood sugar overnight to burn more fat while fasting and GH is high. As a result you will wake up a bit tighter, since the blood sugar and any undigested carbohydrates tricking into the bloodstream those first 3-4 hours of sleep will be pulled into the muscle by the minimal insulin still being released, and GDA increasing sensitivity to it.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you have a slight misunderstanding regarding the use and mode of action for GDA's. The reason to use them is not to blunt insulin release from a meal. It is to make you more sensitive to the insulin that has been, or will be released during the active halflife of the product. Honestly 10-20 minutes before a meal is not optimal as most gda's need 30-ish minutes to get into the blood stream and take effect on the insulin receptors or GLUT-4 trans-locators.

As a matter of fact, when using to increase anabolism you want a serious insulin spike associated with the GDA induced increase in insulin sensitivity so you can get as many nutrients as possible into the muscles.

Yes becoming more insulin sensitive will cause you to produce less insulin, and this is noticeable in dietary changes. So you might be putting those two piece of information together to come up with your hypothesis. However for the most part the improvement in insulin sensitivity from a GDA is transient. Meaning it will not have much carry over to normal life once the GDA is out of your system. Now prolonged use might help due to lower insulin levels during the GDA use allowing the cells to recover from the chronically high insulin levels you might have had before. However this will fade shortly thereafter as the benefits of the GDA are not keeping sensitivity super-physiologically enhanced so insulin levels will have to adjust upwards to do the same job it was with the GDA previously.

The only reason to take a GDA right before bed after carbohydrates have digested is to try and lower blood sugar overnight to burn more fat while fasting and GH is high. As a result you will wake up a bit tighter, since the blood sugar and any undigested carbohydrates tricking into the bloodstream those first 3-4 hours of sleep will be pulled into the muscle by the minimal insulin still being released, and GDA increasing sensitivity to it.
Nailed it. Great post! Thank you as usual!

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I knew taking a GDA wouldn’t completely blunt insulin release but I thought that it would mean that less insulin would need to be released in response to the meal and thus your insulin level after the meal would be lower than it otherwise would’ve been after the meal.

I didn’t know that chedapalooza was also taking a dose before his meal.

I’ll start taking my dose 30 minutes before my meals now. Thank you

Logray

Awards
  • Established
So if I understand correctly, relatively low blood glucose is benefical overnight. What about training? I measured mine after training yesterday and it was 68.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So if I understand correctly, relatively low blood glucose is benefical overnight. What about training? I measured mine after training yesterday and it was 68.
Really depends on the focus for training and diet. If you are trying to create a higher level of anabolism then you want to have both carbs and insulin present post workout. Even intra workout for that matter.

Keeping blood glucose lower in general means that the body has to free lipids (fat) and use that for the main source of energy, especially during lower energy use periods of rest or lower intensity activity. Sleep is one of those times.

So if focusing on fat loss lower blood sugar during training will help out with fat loss. However if the goal is to be as anabolic as possible then you want carbs around your training. You want glucose in the blood triggering a massive insulin release to get as much into the muscles as you can.

Meal timing and carbs is something that there are many things to be tweaked in many ways and other than playing around with it, or learning how the ins and outs of how the hormones work in conjunction with each other to really unlock your best protocol.

I can't go into it that deep here, or will not as it is too detailed and time consuming to do for free.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really depends on the focus for training and diet. If you are trying to create a higher level of anabolism then you want to have both carbs and insulin present post workout. Even intra workout for that matter.

Keeping blood glucose lower in general means that the body has to free lipids (fat) and use that for the main source of energy, especially during lower energy use periods of rest or lower intensity activity. Sleep is one of those times.

So if focusing on fat loss lower blood sugar during training will help out with fat loss. However if the goal is to be as anabolic as possible then you want carbs around your training. You want glucose in the blood triggering a massive insulin release to get as much into the muscles as you can.

Meal timing and carbs is something that there are many things to be tweaked in many ways and other than playing around with it, or learning how the ins and outs of how the hormones work in conjunction with each other to really unlock your best protocol.

I can't go into it that deep here, or will not as it is too detailed and time consuming to do for free.
And it’s also an incredibly individual process. There’s no cookie cutter approach to carb/insulin manipulation. Everyone has their own physiology and it took me about 5-6 years to figure out what works best for my body based on my goals at any given time

Logray

Awards
  • Established
And it’s also an incredibly individual process. There’s no cookie cutter approach to carb/insulin manipulation. Everyone has their own physiology and it took me about 5-6 years to figure out what works best for my body based on my goals at any given time

Thanks Guys! Will try my best.

Ripple2352

Awards
No gynema but I take 500mg of bitter melon extract before bed to help lower fasting insulin overnight.
I don’t have anything for measuring insulin or blood glucose but theoretically it should help
No worries about the use of bitter melon when it comes to this? I have a bottle of BRITE sitting at home that I haven't used because of this.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4248156/

Granted, these are done in rats, but IMO troubling nonetheless.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No worries about the use of bitter melon when it comes to this? I have a bottle of BRITE sitting at home that I haven't used because of this.

Granted, these are done in rats, but IMO troubling nonetheless.
In that experiment ‘400 mg dry matter/kg body’ and 800mg of bitter melon were used which is a huge dose.

https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/abstract/10.1055/s-0028-1097451?device=mobile&innerWidth=980&offsetWidth=980
1.5g of bitter melon extract causes testicular lesions. 1.5g is the human dose equivalent which that found to cause problems but it’s believed that smaller doses are safe for human consumption.
This is why I limit my intake to <=1g a day

Ripple2352

Awards
In that experiment ‘400 mg dry matter/kg body’ and 800mg of bitter melon were used which is a huge dose.

https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/abstract/10.1055/s-0028-1097451?device=mobile&innerWidth=980&offsetWidth=980
1.5g of bitter melon extract causes testicular lesions. 1.5g is the human dose equivalent which that was found and it’s believed that smaller doses are safe for human consumption.
Right on. I had read something that mentioned the dog study, but didn't actually read it. Also saw a study in Guinea pigs where reproductive damage had occurred as well. I cant blame folks for taking it, considering all of the other potent positive effects it has. We all have to make our own choices. Unfortunately for me, these findings totally scared me off of this ingredient for now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was also going to mention how ridiculously high that dose would be. To put it into perspective even at 400mg/kg that would be 36000mg dose or 36grams for someone weighing 90kg...

Now obviously there are formulas that have to do with rates of metabolism and other things from rats to humans but still this shows that to be an excessive amount.

If worried about it then go with a different GDA ingredient. Berberine is one of my favorites and the benefits it provides in so many areas are unreal. Only issue is some people get loose stool with it. Those who do not tend to LOVE IT!!!!!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

1.5g of bitter melon extract causes testicular lesions. 1.5g is the human dose equivalent which that found to cause problems but it’s believed that smaller doses are safe for human consumption.
One of the main reasons this didn’t go into Glycøshield

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
One of the main reasons this didn’t go into Glycøshield
By the way for those interested, I can vouch for Glycoshield being quite effective.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Find/use the right extract of bitter melon, and you'll be good.

Ripple2352

Awards
Find/use the right extract of bitter melon, and you'll be good.
Are you saying this in regards to the negative effects on the reproductive organs? If so, what do you know that I/we dont?

Personally I'd love to use my BRITE and not return it, but seeing as how the BMSO was increased with the removal of the tung oil, makes me super wary.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you saying this in regards to the negative effects on the reproductive organs? If so, what do you know that I/we dont?

Personally I'd love to use my BRITE and not return it, but seeing as how the BMSO was increased with the removal of the tung oil, makes me super wary.
I can't say for sure but for what it's worth, bitter melon's been eaten by some communities for hundreds/thousands of years. In the town where my grandpa grew up it's a local produce and he has six siblings

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

No offense brother but if you are looking for a yes or no answer here you have 3 choices...

1) Contact DSade and ask him if the dose is high enough to cause these issues. (Best choice for you)
2) Send them back and pay the restocking fee if there is one.
3) Send them to me I do not want any more children!!! (Best choice for me!!!!) :D

My vote is for #3!

Ripple2352

Awards
No offense brother but if you are looking for a yes or no answer here you have 3 choices...

1) Contact DSade and ask him if the dose is high enough to cause these issues. (Best choice for you)
2) Send them back and pay the restocking fee if there is one.
3) Send them to me I do not want any more children!!! (Best choice for me!!!!) :D

My vote is for #3!
Haha true. It's already packed up and ready to send back. Serves me right for doing detailed research after a purchase. I know better than that. See, I dont know yet if I want kids, but...because I dont know I'd like for that window to remain open as long as possible lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha true. It's already packed up and ready to send back. Serves me right for doing detailed research after a purchase. I know better than that. See, I dont know yet if I want kids, but...because I dont know I'd like for that window to remain open as long as possible lol.
Just PM DSade and ask him before freaking out and sending it back. He is legit as hell and I really don't see him formulating something that is going to mess with fertility without putting a warning on the label or something. I truly believe you are safe to use it, but just ask him. He will more than likely respond in a day or two. I am sure you can wait that long, if you find out later it would have been fine you will be annoyed that you sent it back and paid for shipping twice, the 2nd time for returning will be more expensive too. I would check with him first.

Ripple2352

Awards
Just PM DSade and ask him before freaking out and sending it back. He is legit as hell and I really don't see him formulating something that is going to mess with fertility without putting a warning on the label or something. I truly believe you are safe to use it, but just ask him. He will more than likely respond in a day or two. I am sure you can wait that long, if you find out later it would have been fine you will be annoyed that you sent it back and paid for shipping twice, the 2nd time for returning will be more expensive too. I would check with him first.
I hear ya man. Yeah I should just DM him. Dont know why I haven't. I know he's really busy right now. I know he's legit. I've been using EvoMuse products for a few years now, just never used Brite.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya man. Yeah I should just DM him. Dont know why I haven't. I know he's really busy right now. I know he's legit. I've been using EvoMuse products for a few years now, just never used Brite.
Yeah then definitely hit him up then.