Gaspari Anavite found with 1-Andro??

GottiStatus

Awards
Unfortunately due to post count I can't post the link. But a UFC fighter by the name of Lyman Good has filed a lawsuit against Gaspari and Vitamin Shoppe because a container of Anavite he purchased got him popped for 1-Andro by USADA. USADA and a 3rd party tested his personal tub and one purchased independently. A quick google search will turn up the story for more details.

Anyone ever heard of something like this? Makes me very wary of the supplement industry and what are really in the products I take. I avoid any PH's or AAS's by choice and to think I could spiked with it? And Wtf is it doing in a multivitamin?

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Unfortunately due to post count I can't post the link. But a UFC fighter by the name of Lyman Good has filed a lawsuit against Gaspari and Vitamin Shoppe because a container of Anavite he purchased got him popped for 1-Andro by USADA. USADA and a 3rd party tested his personal tub and one purchased independently. A quick google search will turn up the story for more details.

Anyone ever heard of something like this? Makes me very wary of the supplement industry and what are really in the products I take. I avoid any PH's or AAS's by choice and to think I could spiked with it? And Wtf is it doing in a multivitamin?
I never trust a single one of these companies who produce these things for exactly that reason.

It is totally naive to think what is printed on the label is in the actual bottle.

These days people will tell you anything. Like we live on a globe for example ?

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"Wtf is it doing in a multivitamin"

have you ever seen how sup's are made ?

could be cross contamination during the manufacturing process, left over from a previous run which would be a batch related issue
could of occurred during the loading of raws into the manufacturing process a human mistake putting in the wrong compound
a mislabeled package of raws accidentally got into production

lots of things could of happened and of course there always exists the possibility that the product had knowingly been "spiked" not certain this would happen cause adding it in would take away profit

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
"Wtf is it doing in a multivitamin"

have you ever seen how sup's are made ?

could be cross contamination during the manufacturing process, left over from a previous run which would be a batch related issue
could of occurred during the loading of raws into the manufacturing process a human mistake putting in the wrong compound
a mislabeled package of raws accidentally got into production

lots of things could of happened and of course there always exists the possibility that the product had knowingly been "spiked" not certain this would happen cause adding it in would take away profit
It would certainly add profit if people using the vitamin get massive veins they gonna think that multivitamin is amazing and buy em all and tell the Bros.

It's an old trick. Like spraying weed with acid. Hardly costs anything and people will come back for more.

GottiStatus

Awards
Naive? Yes very , makes one ponder the food and water routine for training.

And yes I understand human error could be the most logical explanation. I thought the whole "Certified GMP facility" label would hold manufacturers to higher standard than for hormones to get accidentally mixed into a vitamin supplement.

Never used Anavite myself but could just imagine how many dudes out there right now who took this batch and thought Hulk Hogan was right about taking their vitamins & saying their prayers and got jacked af

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's also the old "blame another supplement" for something that you're taking on the DL.

McGwire did it when he was juicing up he strategically placed a bottle of Andro that he bought at GNC in his locker.

Ray Lewis did it with the deer antler spray when he was clearly on something else.

GottiStatus

Awards
It's also the old "blame another supplement" for something that you're taking on the DL.

McGwire did it when he was juicing up he strategically placed a bottle of Andro that he bought at GNC in his locker.

Ray Lewis did it with the deer antler spray when he was clearly on something else.
Negative. The supplement was tested by USADA and a 3rd party lab. And another tub was purchased and tested.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Negative. The supplement was tested by USADA and a 3rd party lab. And another tub was purchased and tested.
Are results posted? Curious if this was trace amounts due to contamination or something else. I'd think it's the former, as Hi-tech likely has been manufacturing for Gaspari since they bought them. Hi-tech produces andros, same manufacturing, likely that it could've been run on the same machines.

GottiStatus

Awards
Are results posted? Curious if this was trace amounts due to contamination or something else. I'd think it's the former, as Hi-tech likely has been manufacturing for Gaspari since they bought them. Hi-tech produces andros, same manufacturing, likely that it could've been run on the same machines.
Not sure if those results are available yet. Lawsuit was just filed recently and I just saw this story today. Was just posting to shed some light on the findings and see if I could get some more info from those more knowledgeable on the supplement industry than myself. Especially since I use Gaspari products myself. Now I have in the back of my mind whether or not the Plasmajet I love contains hormonal compounds. Just figured more care would be put into manufacturing than this but what do I know.

Vinny82

Awards
Not sure if those results are available yet. Lawsuit was just filed recently and I just saw this story today. Was just posting to shed some light on the findings and see if I could get some more info from those more knowledgeable on the supplement industry than myself. Especially since I use Gaspari products myself. Now I have in the back of my mind whether or not the Plasmajet I love contains hormonal compounds. Just figured more care would be put into manufacturing than this but what do I know.
Wouldn't be surprised, I am a huge gaspari fan/supporter myself and plasmajet seems to work almost too good lol

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It would certainly add profit if people using the vitamin get massive veins they gonna think that multivitamin is amazing and buy em all and tell the Bros.

It's an old trick. Like spraying weed with acid. Hardly costs anything and people will come back for more.
If someone smoked acid and wanted more after that....they need to be in a straight jacket

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow if another tub was purchased and tested he's got a good case.

I've used Anavite from time to time, not much recently though. I wonder if this was an isolated incident or a long term thing

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is old news, I posted it in another thread ages ago and no one took noticed or even believed me! Haha(There was a tainted supplements thread, and it was listed on the FDA or USADA website)

Millennium Sport Technologies is being sued too.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is old news, I posted it in another thread ages ago and no one took noticed or even believed me! Haha(There was a tainted supplements thread, and it was listed on the FDA or USADA website)

Wait, is this the USADA testing list? That was proven bogus years ago. PA did a whole thing on it.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait, is this the USADA testing list? That was proven bogus years ago. PA did a whole thing on it.
I honestly can't remember, it was listed on an agency website. When I'm bored I just dig through them all, I did list the link in an old thread 6-12 months ago.

USADA bogus? I doubt it, but not sure what this testing list is.

It was a list of tainted supplements, I can't be bothered scrolling for an hr through my old posts. It was either FDA, USADA or another agency list.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like mentioned, someone blames a supplement they are taking for their failed test

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I honestly can't remember, it was listed on an agency website. When I'm bored I just dig through them all, I did list the link in an old thread 6-12 months ago.

USADA bogus? I doubt it, but not sure what this testing list is.

It was a list of tainted supplements, I can't be bothered scrolling for an hr through my old posts. It was either FDA, USADA or another agency list.
No, its was the WADA list that they acted on where everything on the list was tainted with the same thing and it turned out to be bogus.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like mentioned, someone blames a supplement they are taking for their failed test
Phillies pitcher tried to do that with 6-oxo and PA years back.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Phillies pitcher tried to do that with 6-oxo and PA years back.
Yup and thats why 6-oxo , a great ai with great studies on it, got taken off the market. My favorite AI to date

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, its was the WADA list that they acted on where everything on the list was tainted with the same thing and it turned out to be bogus.
But it ain't bogus, they've tested seperate bottles and they're spiked.

Hence the lawsuit I assume, otherwise he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I'm sure someone mentioned they tested his bottle, and bought a seperate bottle brand new from a random store.(Otherwise I read that on one of the links) That's normally what USADA do.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Any chance we can get PA on this forum?
Highly doubt it. He used to be years ago. He had his own forum on here you can still find if you google. Anyways he was treated like **** and everyone and there mom was after him after he came out and said craze was spiked. Everyone thought he was just trying to take down a competitor....

maybe if the paycheck was good enough but I don’t really think he cares much about workout supplements anymore. Mostly sticks to developing new Ketone products

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I never trust a single one of these companies who produce these things for exactly that reason.

It is totally naive to think what is printed on the label is in the actual bottle.

These days people will tell you anything. Like we live on a globe for example ��
There are plenty of ethical companies and manufacturers out there. Unfortunately, there are those that aren't ethical, as well. They have ruined the industry. Now, all the companies that pride themselves and product quality and making the best products they can have to contend with the consequences caused by those companies.

GottiStatus

Awards

This just came out because he's the first of the many fighters who've been popped for banned substances to actually take on the supplement company with the spiked product.

What did MST get popped for? Every product I've seen of there's seems to be on the straight and narrow of ingredients.

The shill is strong everywhere but I find it hard to believe that USADA would lie to back a mid tier fighter.

GottiStatus

Awards
Highly doubt it. He used to be years ago. He had his own forum on here you can still find if you google. Anyways he was treated like **** and everyone and there mom was after him after he came out and said craze was spiked. Everyone thought he was just trying to take down a competitor....

maybe if the paycheck was good enough but I don’t really think he cares much about workout supplements anymore. Mostly sticks to developing new Ketone products
I appreciate the sentiment of that unfortunately the marketing of every company is touting how high quality their products are, so the waters become murky. Companies who want to help people and do it the right way are overshadowed by these instances making it harder and harder for the consumer to believe.

Edit* meant to quote Mike Arnold

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
This just came out because he's the first of the many fighters who've been popped for banned substances to actually take on the supplement company with the spiked product.

What did MST get popped for? Every product I've seen of there's seems to be on the straight and narrow of ingredients.

The shill is strong everywhere but I find it hard to believe that USADA would lie to back a mid tier fighter.
Sure they would. They are trying to portray an image of cracking down on cheaters and it is based on the wada list. I don't think they lie, they just leave context out of the story...as in finding parts per million in something.

https://ufc.usada.org/substances/prohibited-list/

This is a perfect example of someone testing something having miniscule amounts that isn't even detectable under standard testing and in fact would have zero physiological effect on you. Its like finding testosterone in parts per million in dhea bottles. It literally has no effect on you. You know how much 1-andro you would need to do anything? You would have to fill half the cap.

Reactions: Nac
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not negative. Anyone who honestly thinks these guys are getting any type of performance enhancement from trace amounts of Andro is smoking something far more potent.

GottiStatus

Awards
Sure they would. They are trying to portray an image of cracking down on cheaters and it is based on the wada list. I don't think they lie, they just leave context out of the story...as in finding parts per million in something.

This is a perfect example of someone testing something having miniscule amounts that isn't even detectable under standard testing and in fact would have zero physiological effect on you. Its like finding testosterone in parts per million in dhea bottles. It literally has no effect on you. You know how much 1-andro you would need to do anything? You would have to fill half the cap.
I understand that it might not be enough to even make a difference in performance or a effect a change hormones. My point is that as a consumer it's concerning that these substances can be found in a product that should be safe. I could care less about fighters getting popped. Just think more care should be put into what goes into manufacturing what we are consuming from these companies. Is that naive? Yes. Are supplements a choice? Yes. Just think our dollars should come with some peace of mind. Just my take on it.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I understand that it might not be enough to even make a difference in performance or a effect a change hormones. My point is that as a consumer it's concerning that these substances can be found in a product that should be safe. I could care less about fighters getting popped. Just think more care should be put into what goes into manufacturing what we are consuming from these companies. Is that naive? Yes are supplements a choice? Yes
Its like worrying about the level of arsenic in your water. 99.9% don't even know its there, yet I could make it sound like you were getting poisoned.

WADA posted a list years ago about the same thing. It turns out their testing equipment was tainted and everything they ran had traces..and they were causing it....amounts that had zero significance. Did that stop them from posting the supplements as being tainted? No.

Does it make sense for a supplement company to put trace amounts in there? No. It has zero effect, but I sure can get a bunch of people on the internet and news media to think otherwise.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang I haven't heard of this until now. That's pretty crazy... Well stock up on anavite;) It's the first Multi + Andro product haha jk

GottiStatus

Awards
Its like worrying about the level of arsenic in your water. 99.9% don't even know its there, yet I could make it sound like you were getting poisoned.

WADA posted a list years ago about the same thing. It turns out their testing equipment was tainted and everything they ran had traces..and they were causing it....amounts that had zero significance. Did that stop them from posting the supplements as being tainted? No.

Does it make sense for a supplement company to put trace amounts in there? No. It has zero effect, but I sure can get a bunch of people on the internet and news media to think otherwise.
Very true. Do you think this is enough ammo to get traction in court against Gaspari and Vitamin Shoppe?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very true. Do you think this is enough ammo to get traction in court against Gaspari and Vitamin Shoppe?
If you look at most of the cases in which athletes sue supplement companies they almost always settle for an undisclosed amount of money. Then the athlete says "it wasn't about the money, its the principle"

Why? Really simple. When the truth comes out of what the athlete was really doing, he will settle for an amount similar to what the supp company would pay to defend itself.

GottiStatus

Awards
If you look at most of the cases in which athletes sue supplement companies they almost always settle for an undisclosed amount of money. Then the athlete says "it wasn't about the money, its the principle"

Why? Really simple. When the truth comes out of what the athlete was really doing, he will settle for an amount similar to what the supp company would pay to defend itself.
That's most likely how it would play out. Dude was a mid level fighter not like he lost out on millions im sure if they offer an amount that will cover his lost time,fight purse and training camp he will take it. Just a weird circumstance.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's most likely how it would play out. Dude was a mid level fighter not like he lost out on millions im sure if they offer an amount that will cover his lost time,fight purse and training camp he will take it. Just a weird circumstance.
I don't like seeing good people dragged through the mud. Matt from MST has been in business and here for over a decade. He's a good guy and to have him dragged through the mud over some bull**** because the UFC wants to look like they are actually doing something about all their athletes using steroids...well its bull****.

Your athletes aren't jacked and ripped from ****ing trace amounts of 1-andro.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Common sense would tell me Hi-Tech/gaspari would lose a lot of money if they were putting andros in their multi. The price of Anavite is cheap for a solid multi. Adding andros would create a loss. And for those that will refute that stating the users will see a performance increase, even if Gaspari used trace amounts, the cost to benefit would not be worth it. No one is going to see a boost unless there is 300+ mg of andros in it. Probably just a cross contamination issue, if there is one.

Duality29

Duality29

Awards
Brb gonna get me a bottle of Anavite from the vitamin shoppe lol

GottiStatus

Awards
I don't like seeing good people dragged through the mud. Matt from MST has been in business and here for over a decade. He's a good guy and to have him dragged through the mud over some bull**** because the UFC wants to look like they are actually doing something about all their athletes using steroids...well its bull****.

Your athletes aren't jacked and ripped from ****ing trace amounts of 1-andro.
Hmmm I did some digging and the article has been updated showing this same fighter who is suing Gaspari is the one suing MST over Cordygen with tests from USADA and a 3rd party showing trace amounts of 1-Andro.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This entire thing makes ZERO sense to me. HTP manufactures PH's, including 1-DHEA. This is VERY different than the claimed compound they found...androstenediol. If HTP was going to spike their product, why would they use a weak(er) prohormone, and not the "good" stuff?

This entire thing absolutely reeks of a fighter using something he shouldn't have, and lashing out to blame someone else.

Phenom116

Phenom116

Awards
I'm 100% with you here. The guy got popped and he's not owning up to his role in the equation. It's always easier to blame someone/something else. Not to mention, by suing there's always potential for some monetary gain. I highly highly doubt there will be any proof to these allegations, but I'm curious to see what, if anything happens.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Common sense would tell me Hi-Tech/gaspari would lose a lot of money if they were putting andros in their multi. The price of Anavite is cheap for a solid multi. Adding andros would create a loss. And for those that will refute that stating the users will see a performance increase, even if Gaspari used trace amounts, the cost to benefit would not be worth it. No one is going to see a boost unless there is 300+ mg of andros in it. Probably just a cross contamination issue, if there is one.
This is one of the reason why I said it made no sense.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone have a copy of the complaint or a case # for this?

I find it highly unlikely that Hi-Tech is intentionally putting PHs in stuff off-label.

I also find it relatively unlikely that trace contamination would trigger a positive test.

It would be useful to know what level he tested positive for, and what level they claimed to detect in anavite.

GottiStatus

Awards
The OP claimed they found 1-DHEA in anavite...this is incorrect. They claim they found androstenedione in it.

totally different compound that HTP doesn't include in ANY of their products.
I didn't claim anything I simply was referencing what the article stated. I do not use PH's so i don't know the terminology's or the compound names or differences between them. I don't have a side here as I said previously I posted this to get more feedback and knowledge from those with more familiar in the industry than I.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't claim anything I simply was referencing what the article stated. I do not use PH's so i don't know the terminology's or the compound names or differences between them. I don't have a side here as I said previously I posted this to get more feedback and knowledge from those with more familiar in the industry than I.
I was not attacking you, just referring to the information originally posted by the complaint.

GottiStatus

Awards
I was not attacking you, just referring to the information originally posted by the complaint.

Understood good sir I was hoping a Hi-Tech rep would come across this thread and provide some info.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I appreciate the sentiment of that unfortunately the marketing of every company is touting how high quality their products are, so the waters become murky. Companies who want to help people and do it the right way are overshadowed by these instances making it harder and harder for the consumer to believe.

Edit* meant to quote Mike Arnold
You're right about that.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone have a copy of the complaint or a case # for this?

I find it highly unlikely that Hi-Tech is intentionally putting PHs in stuff off-label.

I also find it relatively unlikely that trace contamination would trigger a positive test.

It would be useful to know what level he tested positive for, and what level they claimed to detect in anavite.
I've read through the documents. I am unable to find a single instance where they indicate supposed levels found with Anavite or from blood/urine samples.

The thing that really has me confused is the paperwork being unable to properly identify 1-Androstenedione from 1-DHEA and their continual usage of "androstenedione" in place of 1-androstenedione. It is extremely poorly written from a technical standpoint.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've read through the documents. I am unable to find a single instance where they indicate supposed levels found with Anavite or from blood/urine samples.

The thing that really has me confused is the paperwork being unable to properly identify 1-Androstenedione from 1-DHEA and their continual usage of "androstenedione" in place of 1-androstenedione. It is extremely poorly written from a technical standpoint.
They don't even have their lab tests at the end as an addendum?

Great lawyer this guy has...lol