Gas issue after workout

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a problem with severe gas 2 hours after I workout. As soon as I finish a workout, I have a protein shake like I've always had in the past, with no problem. However, two hours later I now seem to have severe gas and it lasts for a good 3-5 hours, no matter what type of post workout shake I have (it can be whey isolate, slower proteins, fast or slow carbs, I still have the same gas issue). I don't know why it happens. Does anyone else have this problem? Or do you have any theory on why is this happening?

This only happens after I workout, no matter what time of the day or what I eat. And I'm not lactose intolerant.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I have severe gas at all times of the day workout or not. Be happy yours is just after workouts.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
guess what?!?!? I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM. I drink a little excess water and BAM, no more gass. That's just me though! I also knowtice if i eat a bigger pre-workout meal this doesnt seem to happen.

UKStrength

I'd definitely try the additional water tactic ^^^^ before you try anymore supplements.

mankussm

mankussm

Awards
I have really bad gas too. It becomes uncomfortable at times. It comes about 45mins into my workout then last for about 4-5hrs. I will try the excess water. Hopefully this helps.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
embrace the gas, that's what i say. everythings working right it thats going on....

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
not if you are constantly in situations where its not acceptable.
you can't "excuse" yourself and go the bathroom and let loose? are you on live TV or something? a reporter? jk.......i know what your saying man, and for me if i hold too much in, i devolop a stomach ache. i guess i just take for granted where i work sometimes. i can walk to the bathroom anytime i want to, well almost anytime

washingtonirvin

Awards
"no matter what type of post workout shake I have (it can be whey isolate, slower proteins, fast or slow carbs, I still have the same gas issue)"

Is there something in common with all of your shakes, such as the presence of dairy?

Other than that, bodybuilders generally have higher caloric intake than the rest of the population, a fact that leads to larger amounts of undigested food in the digestive tract and gas.

There is something called slippery elm bark that helps calm down the GI tract better than just about anything else. It can be purchased in bulk and is very cheap. A teaspoon of that in hot water is very helpful. If you want to get creative, you can add some activated charcoal or turmeric extract to the mix.

Good luck.

Washingtonirvin

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I have this too. Water helps, but if Im going any where near a female, the amount of water I have to drink doesn't exactly boost my self of steam. I'm thinking about trying activated charcoal. I hear it works wonders, but we really don't know if it has any long term health effects. I'd hate to think it was killing healthy bacteria or blocking some nutrient etc...

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I'm kinda surprised no one has asked this yet but...

OP what are you taking for pre workout?

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
i ussually eat bananas before my workout and it binds up your stomach. It works for me.