Gas - $4.00/gal - What Day?

What day in 2008 will regular unleaded gas reach $4.00/gal?

• Memorial Day - May 26th

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Fathers' Day - June 15th

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Independence Day - July 4th

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Labor Day - September 1st

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Not going to happen in 2008

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
well, if McCain's proposition to suspend all tax on gasoline from memorial day to labor day were to take affect, this would change everything. i do think it is a terrible idea if you realize how he plans to compensate for the losses (he is Republican, right?).

anywho, its only $3.34 here in scottsdale:bow28:

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
I dont think the Us economy is going to bounce back by Q3/Q4 2008. Wether it enters "recession" or not doesn't really matter but i'd be very suprised if there aren't some more major rightdowns from the big banks still to come. Citi just announced a further $15Bn on Friday and there wil be more to come. There is no confidence in the market, i also wouldnt be listening to the analyts on wall st, afterall they're the idiots who didn't see this coming in the first place. House prices may have bottomed out, especially with the low interest rates. I do feel sorry for the hardworking people who took out big mortgages last year who are now paying off a house worth $100k less then what they paid for it.

As for gas prices, people WILL pay whatever the price is available, they won't like it but they will pay it.
the Citigroup writedown was expected to be up to $24B, so it beat the analyst estimate which gives a more positive outlook for the sector. Yes, B of A posted a loss today, but that hardly phased the blue chip indexes.

I don't feel sorry for any of the mortgage victims. You should be responsible for your own decisions. How do you get "tricked" when signing one of the most important documents of your life? If consumers did their own research and educated themselves this could have been avoided. greed got in the way.

I really do think the oil pricing is a bubble. OPEC keeps reporting there is sufficient demand, so speculation is to blame.

i dont know about you, but in my city, there are new records for carpoolers and bus riders, so as prices continue to increase, more people will seek these alternatives and the problem should be corrected.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I don't feel sorry for any of the mortgage victims. You should be responsible for your own decisions. How do you get "tricked" when signing one of the most important documents of your life? If consumers did their own research and educated themselves this could have been avoided. greed got in the way.
Very true in regards to people being greedy, but there are a lot of people who put faith in their financial advisers to make a wise investment decision for them. THose guys get their coms either way so they don't give a sh1t what happens. Their are some genuine hardworking people out there who have been screwed over.

Side note: i knew the housing market was "up sh1t creek" in miami but damn didn't no it was this bad.
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN0128282020080421

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
god, I need to go to Scottsdale. I've met so many hot women from AZ. The last cruise I took it Hawaii, I met this hot ass cheerleader from ASU.

I'm paying $3.30/gal.

Did I forget to mention sales tax is 6% here ?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
People will pay any price for gas because they have to go to places and public transport isn't going to cut it 100%.

It is pretty awesome actually how dependent people are on gasoline (which I believe to be the only truely inelastic product out there).

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
People will cut back on the unnecessary traveling that they do that's for sure. I'm paying $3.67 atm which just a week or 2 ago was 3.31 :jaw:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
People will cut back on the unnecessary traveling that they do that's for sure. I'm paying $3.67 atm which just a week or 2 ago was 3.31 :jaw:

I dunno. I think it depends how high. Maybe the breaking point would be $4.00/gal, who knows. I think a lot of economist are debating this....of course to no avail.

Seems like people haven't been reducing traveling by car on holidays at all.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
i voted for memorial day

all of my pay raises belong to exxon

god bless america

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I drive the government vehicle here a lot. We have a motorpool that we fill up on with gas.

So the gas prices don't bother me.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
People will pay any price for gas because they have to go to places and public transport isn't going to cut it 100%.
This is not true. Let's exercise the extreme. If gas were $10/gallon, would you be willing to pay the price while maintaining your normal driving habits? The answer is no, people will cut back greatly and explore alternative cost-saving options.

oh, and i'll assume my vote for "it will not happen in 2008" is wrong. Oil futures went as high as $119.90/barrel in intra-day trading today and closed at over $118. This is the futures price for June, so it will happen then or even before.

I think we should admit we need oil and abandon our attempts with ethanol as alternative energy. This is causing higher prices in regards to wheat, corn, dairy, and meat. Why let this oil problem destroy our whole economy? No other countries seem to be concerned with global warming, yet our economy is taking the hit over the issue. The amount of grain from ethanol used to fill-up one SUV tank is enough to feed a family for an entire year! (heard that on Glenn Beck today)

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
god, I need to go to Scottsdale. I've met so many hot women from AZ. The last cruise I took it Hawaii, I met this hot ass cheerleader from ASU.
yeah, it pretty much kicks ass here! the women are gorgeous, and it's mostly blonde hair, blue eyes, big titties, tight bodies. i live between the best 2 bar districts in mills ave (tempe) and old town (scottsdale).

it sucks that i'll be gone all summer training at the academy. i'm gonna miss the scottsdale life:drunk::sad:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Consumption might decrease if gas were $10/gal, but it will never be zero. Not even close.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I also too voted not going to happen in 2008.

It will get high, but it is highly unlikely that the national average will be $4.00/gal.

I believe it is around $3.20.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The whole E85 thing is a bad idea.

I did a cost/benefit analysis for my agency on E85 vs. Unleaded and presented it to them about 3 weeks ago.

They bought (9) 2008 Dodge Durangos that are 'Flex Fuel' capable....that's their weird way of being 'green.'

After tallying up the totals, its gonna cost about $20.00 extra to run the thing on E85. This excludes opportunity cost, and the cost of the employee to fill up the cars.

Good thing tax payers are paying for that gas in our new cars :head:.

lol, actually that's not that bad. If you guys saw the way we used our budget money you'd flip out guaranteed.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yeah, it pretty much kicks ass here! the women are gorgeous, and it's mostly blonde hair, blue eyes, big titties, tight bodies. i live between the best 2 bar districts in mills ave (tempe) and old town (scottsdale).

it sucks that i'll be gone all summer training at the academy. i'm gonna miss the scottsdale life:drunk::sad:
blonde hair, blue eyes, big titties. That's my kind of women.

There is this nasty girl who keeps trying to talk to me at my gym. She's really friendly, but man she is ugly.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
blonde hair, blue eyes, big titties. That's my kind of women.

There is this nasty girl who keeps trying to talk to me at my gym. She's really friendly, but man she is ugly.
Do it up man! :rofl:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
She's a butterface, but she has this really, really, bad/nasty acne.

Like pizza sauce on the face acne. Is that mean of me to say ?

Body is tappable I guess, although I really haven't been paying attention.

I think she digs my 'Jay Cutler genetics' friend as well. He's pretty shallow even though he dosen't get any girls and acts like a loser and gets rejected by all the ones he talks to,but he'll pass on it I'm sure.

I'm already dating someone. It was the avi with the blonde holding the beers. Met her at the gym though as well. There's a cool story behind that. Very cool. To people who think you can't meet girls at the gym, ur wrong.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Good thing tax payers are paying for that gas in our new cars :head:.

lol, actually that's not that bad. If you guys saw the way we used our budget money you'd flip out guaranteed.
oh, i definately hear you on that. I was a budget analyst in my college years for DOI, and it was just crazy. Money would be spent just to avoid giving it back (and i'm talking pointless spending). If savings are recognized one year, the budget is cut for the next year on the asumption that the agency was overallocated, so no one will give back.

I'm now a fedeal agent for a different agency, and it's just as bad. I would seriously convert to a supervisory admin position in a second because money management is so poor, but the government sector prefers less knowledgeable people who have served time in grade to fill those positions. oh well, at least i get to carry a gun:numbered:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I lived in tempe for a summer and Mill is def the place to be on a nice AZ night. almost made the burning hot days worth it.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I think we should admit we need oil and abandon our attempts with ethanol as alternative energy. This is causing higher prices in regards to wheat, corn, dairy, and meat. Why let this oil problem destroy our whole economy? No other countries seem to be concerned with global warming, yet our economy is taking the hit over the issue. The amount of grain from ethanol used to fill-up one SUV tank is enough to feed a family for an entire year! (heard that on Glenn Beck today)
WOW although i do agree with a lot of things your saying this qoute above is rubbish. America is doing a terrible job at "going green". Your a long way behind other countries who've been all over this global warming topic for a long time.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
oh, i definately hear you on that. I was a budget analyst in my college years for DOI, and it was just crazy. Money would be spent just to avoid giving it back (and i'm talking pointless spending). If savings are recognized one year, the budget is cut for the next year on the asumption that the agency was overallocated, so no one will give back.

I'm now a fedeal agent for a different agency, and it's just as bad. I would seriously convert to a supervisory admin position in a second because money management is so poor, but the government sector prefers less knowledgeable people who have served time in grade to fill those positions. oh well, at least i get to carry a gun:numbered:

That's exactly what I was alluding to. My government agency is pissing away money on crap just so it does not need to be given back. Apparently the accounts are not calibrated to recieve money, only to give it out in transactions. This leads to a lot of wasted tax money. hehe.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I'll take September 3 for regular unleaded in Florida :).

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
WOW although i do agree with a lot of things your saying this qoute above is rubbish. America is doing a terrible job at "going green". Your a long way behind other countries who've been all over this global warming topic for a long time.

America will probably not address environment issues to the fullest extent until it is too late.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I love how crude is ~$120 barrel this year as if the supply has suddenly dropped off and the demand has suddenly shot up. In fact the thing that truthfully pisses me off is that if a supply and demand curve were to be constructed (which it already has) it would put a barrel of crude around $70-$75 barrel. The damn hedge funds and other political bullshit is what is making it $120 and it needs to be stopped. OPEC is letting this thing spiral out of control. There needs to be some intervention ASAP and I am sick of the government standing by idly and letting it happen.

It cost me $62 to fill up my damn car yesterday.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
One of the most informed opinions/posts I've ever read.
I agree with him minus the China/India comment. I do agree that they are causing prices to spike up some due to rising demand, but as stated earlier a supply and demand curve has been created by many companies already and all of them point to mid $70/barrel prices.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just can't wait til I get to a 4 year university. My frosh year when I was at a 4year school I didn't care about gas prices because I never had to drive.......any where. My whole first semester I had to fill up once...thats right once (other than driving home for thanksgiving). For what i'm paying now a month for gas would equal what rent would be for a month.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I do agree with the idea that there is a threshold/tipping point up to what people can afford. But, given our current infrastructure even in the major cities, we cannot support the sudden exponential increase in mass transportation commuters.

I work in Boston myself and the T, metro, and bus system is getting flooded with people to the point where people are having to come earlier and earlier to fight for a spot. I take a coach bus down from NH and that thing fills up to the brim everyday now and there was plenty of room to spare 6 months ago. That and I'm paying $20 a week more than I was.

I just really believe there are so many compounding issues and problems all across the board that there really isn't going to be a quick fix to this.
Yeah but "increases in commuters" whether you are talking about a city or a country does not occur in a year.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
We pay almost $5/gallon in Canada... was enough for me to trade in my Silverado for a Civic haha...

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
That's exactly what I was alluding to. My government agency is pissing away money on crap just so it does not need to be given back. Apparently the accounts are not calibrated to recieve money, only to give it out in transactions. This leads to a lot of wasted tax money. hehe.
Which is exactly why our government needs to be smaller, and tax hikes are not needed. Government waste is absolutely rediculous, and I resent the hell out of it when politicians decide that we need to give them more money to waste.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
I think you are misunderstanding my post. I'm not saying we shouldn't explore alternative energy sources and be more environmentally friendly, but our solution is absolutely terrible. ethanol will not solve the problem. it is no cleaner than crude oil.

Also, more and more evidence is going against global warming. Read "The Really Inconvenient Truth" and you'll understand the actual facts that most alarmists are too stubborn to comprehend. but hey, lets not let facts get in the way. new studies are actually suggesting a possible ice age!

Last edited:
WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
One of the most informed opinions/posts I've ever read. I work in mutual funds and believe me when I tell you the economy will not rebound at least for another 5 years let alone in the third or fourth quarter this year - apparently you forgot about the mushrooming credit and housing foreclosure problem. Not to mention there will be two more rate cuts by the end of the year that will further weaken the dollar - throw that in with gas prices increasing, inflation rising, and we have a nice mix for a really large deflation/contraction of our current economy who knows maybe even a depression. The economy is cyclical and we are unfortunately headed towards the low part (sucks that it's happening in our generation). The fact that you think our economy is simply going to "fix itself" in a matter of months is sheer - I can't even put a word on it.
1. The Fed has stated that the recession will be short lived. Most experts predict that our economy will stop shrinking in 2008 (I've read and heard by the 3rd quarter). a recession means the economy experiences negative growth for at least 2 consecutive quarters. The economic indicators produced in the later part of the year will beat the current numbers.

2. Bernanke has has not even suggested cutting rates again. let's not repeat what Greenspan did.

3. I think the current downturn is a correction for the economic boom in the previous years. A depression is far too extreme, don't you think?

Also, thanks for recognizing my post as one of the most informed posts/opinions! You might wanna consider editing to validate your following comments...

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I think you are misunderstanding my post. I'm not saying we shouldn't explore alternative energy sources and be more environmentally friendly, but our solution is absolutely terrible. ethanol will not solve the problem. it is no cleaner than crude oil.

Also, more and more evidence is going against global warming. Read "The Inconvenient Truth" and you'll understand the actual facts that most alarmists are too stubborn to comprehend. but hey, lets not let facts get in the way. new studies are actually suggesting a possible ice age!
Here is an article that is related to this subject:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist SaysKate Ravilious
for National Geographic News

February 28, 2007
Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory.

Earth is currently experiencing rapid warming, which the vast majority of climate scientists says is due to humans pumping huge amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. (Get an overview: "Global Warming Fast Facts".)

In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.

Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, says the Mars data is evidence that the current global warming on Earth is being caused by changes in the sun.

"The long-term increase in solar irradiance is heating both Earth and Mars," he said.

Solar Cycles

Abdussamatov believes that changes in the sun's heat output can account for almost all the climate changes we see on both planets.

Mars and Earth, for instance, have experienced periodic ice ages throughout their histories.

"Man-made greenhouse warming has made a small contribution to the warming seen on Earth in recent years, but it cannot compete with the increase in solar irradiance," Abdussamatov said.

By studying fluctuations in the warmth of the sun, Abdussamatov believes he can see a pattern that fits with the ups and downs in climate we see on Earth and Mars.

Abdussamatov's work, however, has not been well received by other climate scientists.

Continued on Next Page >>

"His views are completely at odds with the mainstream scientific opinion," said Colin Wilson, a planetary physicist at England's Oxford University.

"And they contradict the extensive evidence presented in the most recent IPCC [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] report." (Related: "Global Warming 'Very Likely' Caused by Humans, World Climate Experts Say" [February 2, 2007].)

Planets' Wobbles

The conventional theory is that climate changes on Mars can be explained primarily by small alterations in the planet's orbit and tilt, not by changes in the sun.

"Wobbles in the orbit of Mars are the main cause of its climate change in the current era," Oxford's Wilson explained. (Related: "Don't Blame Sun for Global Warming, Study Says" [September 13, 2006].)

All planets experience a few wobbles as they make their journey around the sun. Earth's wobbles are known as Milankovitch cycles and occur on time scales of between 20,000 and 100,000 years.

These fluctuations change the tilt of Earth's axis and its distance from the sun and are thought to be responsible for the waxing and waning of ice ages on Earth.

Mars and Earth wobble in different ways, and most scientists think it is pure coincidence that both planets are between ice ages right now.

"Mars has no [large] moon, which makes its wobbles much larger, and hence the swings in climate are greater too," Wilson said.

No Greenhouse

Perhaps the biggest stumbling block in Abdussamatov's theory is his dismissal of the greenhouse effect, in which atmospheric gases such as carbon dioxide help keep heat trapped near the planet's surface.

He claims that carbon dioxide has only a small influence on Earth's climate and virtually no influence on Mars.

But "without the greenhouse effect there would be very little, if any, life on Earth, since our planet would pretty much be a big ball of ice," said Evan, of the University of Wisconsin.

Most scientists now fear that the massive amount of carbon dioxide humans are pumping into the air will lead to a catastrophic rise in Earth's temperatures, dramatically raising sea levels as glaciers melt and leading to extreme weather worldwide.

Abdussamatov remains contrarian, however, suggesting that the sun holds something quite different in store.

"The solar irradiance began to drop in the 1990s, and a minimum will be reached by approximately 2040," Abdussamatov said. "It will cause a steep cooling of the climate on Earth in 15 to 20 years."

Damn those American Martians and their Hummers!!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
one of the bigger problems i see about these gas prices reaching $4 per gal it that after that is the norm it will take only a 25% increase to reach $5 per gallon and the the price of a barrel going through the ruff it could happen in the next 12 months or so.

The point i want to make is save your complains for later $5 per gal is just around the corner.

That being said one way you can feel better about it is to invest in oil companies their profits will not dry up anytime soon, or invest in all oil companies using this ETF XLE.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Digging deeper into the situation, their appears to be one man to blame for all of this (excessive gas prices, economic downturn, food shortage, job shortage). That person is Al Gore!!! During Clinton's term, Al Gore brought about the Kyoto Protocol which vastly increases efforts to reduce greenhouse gases. Because we need to meet our environmental goals, prices keep rising to lower demand resulting in less emissions.

All of what is currently happening with our economy was foreseen as a result of the Kyoto Protocol. It was predicted from the beginning that this would kill GDP and result in up to $400 Billion lost/year. I highly recommend reading this:

http://www.accf.org/publications/testimonies/test-impactkyoto-march25-1999.html

The price of "going green" is highly overated. Even environmental economists do not agree with the cost/benefit analysis. Scare tactics are being used to give this whole deal credibility. I mean, you can seriously find stories that everything is a result of global warming. But why won't Al Gore have his team debate scientists? They would get dominated and resort to usual tactics that government is evil or big oil will profit.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Digging deeper into the situation, their appears to be one man to blame for all of this (excessive gas prices, economic downturn, food shortage, job shortage). That person is Al Gore!!! During Clinton's term, Al Gore brought about the Kyoto Protocol which vastly increases efforts to reduce greenhouse gases. Because we need to meet our environmental goals, prices keep rising to lower demand resulting in less emissions.

All of what is currently happening with our economy was foreseen as a result of the Kyoto Protocol. It was predicted from the beginning that this would kill GDP and result in up to $400 Billion lost/year. I highly recommend reading this:

http://www.accf.org/publications/testimonies/test-impactkyoto-march25-1999.html

The price of "going green" is highly overated. Even environmental economists do not agree with the cost/benefit analysis. Scare tactics are being used to give this whole deal credibility. I mean, you can seriously find stories that everything is a result of global warming. But why won't Al Gore have his team debate scientists? They would get dominated and resort to usual tactics that government is evil or big oil will profit.

Agreed! Not only that but it is going to get worse if Kyoto gets signed because GE has been buying up massive amounts of carbon credits and they are only worth anything if Kyoto is signed by the US. They will then sell them to the highest bidder which will in turn raise prices. Al Gore is the biggest cheat ever, he used global warming for his own financial benefit and SOMEHOW won a damn nobel prize, what a disgrace to the Nobel prestige.

Lets not look past congress either though. Their pointless arguing has gotten us nowhere. Every time I hear a politician talk about energy independence all I can hear them saying is ELECT ME ELECT ME ELECT ME. This is just like ancient Rome, it is powerful politicians who are only there to gain more power and money and to impose their own views, not the views of the people. We are in the nuclear age and we are not using it. Absolutely baffles me.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Okay so gas here today is $1.25 a liter regular!
$5 a gallon here in Alberta Canada.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
i dont see how you can blame the gas prices on one single person no matter who that is... one has to accept the the reason of these high prices is the function demand and supply, chine and india are importing more oil each each that means there's less for the rest of the world
if you recall that little car made in india that sells for $2500 thats what scares me the most, image putting hundreds of thousands of those things in indias roads and how much oil it will consume
like i said before buy oil stocks to get even.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i dont see how you can blame the gas prices on one single person no matter who that is... one has to accept the the reason of these high prices is the function demand and supply, chine and india are importing more oil each each that means there's less for the rest of the world
if you recall that little car made in india that sells for $2500 thats what scares me the most, image putting hundreds of thousands of those things in indias roads and how much oil it will consume
like i said before buy oil stocks to get even.
I stated this earlier in the thread that international demand has increased and this impacts fuel prices (mostly china, india, russia, and brazil). I just mostly wanted to rant about Al Gore and shift the discussion to global warming.

That car in India would have to be pretty fuel efficient though cause it weighs nothing. still, one billion + in India is dangerous. The market should have adjusted for this already with their earnings outlook, and let's hope revenue forecasts were extremely generous.

and yeah, the energy sector is about 20% of my portfolio to diversify risk. these stocks are positively correlated with the price of crude oil. however, as i've stated before, i think there's a bubble here, so im preparing to change my contributions to focus more aggresively to tech and financial sectors.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
china and india are making the biggest impacts on demand right now, russia is a major oil exporter so they actually help the supply side and brazil uses mostly ethanol on their vehicles and don't depend on oil as much as they once did. ah and as for that little car in india, it should get great mileage but they could put out millions of those things on the road and will such a lot of oil.

as to portfolios, i think 20% is a high number for one sector unless you're diversified with in that sector I personally got out of individual companies and bought the energy ETF, l think oil could be the next big bubble to burst if demand should drop because of food prices or any other reason oil will tumble liek housing did.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
There was worrisome news this week that Russian oil production may have peaked - which, if true, dramatically worsens the outlook world-wide.

Mid-range gas hit, and premium gas topped, $4.00 today (according to a recent morning report).

Metro Atlanta. Regular unleaded was 3.50 yesterday.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
My wife was listening to Walton & Johnson, a popular syndicated radio show, yesterday and apparantly there is a concentrated effort to try and encourage people not to purchase gasoline/diesel on May 2.

I would prefer to see a countrywide push to not buy gas for not just one day, but several days in a row. I doubt that any of this would work as people are generally quite self centered.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife was listening to Walton & Johnson, a popular syndicated radio show, yesterday and apparantly there is a concentrated effort to try and encourage people not to purchase gasoline/diesel on May 2.

I would prefer to see a countrywide push to not buy gas for not just one day, but several days in a row. I doubt that any of this would work as people are generally quite self centered.
This is, in general, a retarded idea that has been analyzed and disproven.

Unless people actually refuse to use fuel for days in a row, it will have ZERO net effect on gas sales.

People will buy gas before or after those days - to make up for it.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
This is, in general, a retarded idea that has been analyzed and disproven.

Unless people actually refuse to use fuel for days in a row, it will have ZERO net effect on gas sales.

People will buy gas before or after those days - to make up for it.

Yeah, that is what I told my wife when she told me about this yesterday.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1.83 at the cheapest places around right now in so cal/LA area.... not slowin down.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
3.62 here at the Chevron station i usually fill up

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
1.83 at the cheapest places around right now in so cal/LA area.... not slowin down.
i find it hard to believe you can still find gas anywhere in the state of CA for less than $3.00
the lowest I recall in the last 12 months was for around $3 but did not dip below that price.