Gall bladder

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I was told in November I had to have surgery,to take out my gall bladder, so I planned it during my break from school, 1/14/11, since than I can't eat, anything..... I eat and I barf, I drink and I am in the bathroom on the toilet, ( not to be gross).... Before surgery I was in the bathroom but this throwing up is new and very upsetting.

I called my doc who I am not happy with and he pushed my appt back to 3/4, saying " I told you it could be a side effect"... NO you told me I may feel sick to my stomach and if that happened I could get a script for a med so I would not be sick..... I have tried it all, baby food, mashed food, blan food, no food.....

any ideas? any one have a experience like mine??

TC

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ouch... sorry to hear that! Have you tried whey shakes & weight gainers?

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Been doing muscle milk, some whey shakes but still getting sick on all I injest, keep calling my doc who I dont think gets the concept of nothing PO, he still says..."it's going to get better".... hmmmmmmpphhh

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Been doing muscle milk, some whey shakes but still getting sick on all I injest, keep calling my doc who I dont think gets the concept of nothing PO, he still says..."it's going to get better".... hmmmmmmpphhh
from what i understand alot of people have this problem. try some ginger for your nausea. thats really the only thing i can think to suggest.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was told in November I had to have surgery,to take out my gall bladder, so I planned it during my break from school, 1/14/11, since than I can't eat, anything..... I eat and I barf, I drink and I am in the bathroom on the toilet, ( not to be gross).... Before surgery I was in the bathroom but this throwing up is new and very upsetting.

I called my doc who I am not happy with and he pushed my appt back to 3/4, saying " I told you it could be a side effect"... NO you told me I may feel sick to my stomach and if that happened I could get a script for a med so I would not be sick..... I have tried it all, baby food, mashed food, blan food, no food.....

any ideas? any one have a experience like mine??

TC
theres a supp I believe that starts with a P or a F that helps to fix this.ask your doctor he should prescribe it pretty easily my doc gave me this when I had a bad stomach virus and it worked. I had a few left other and it also worked for the sickness of hangover stomach issues too ;)

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Pepto Bismol, Dramamine, Benadryl, 5HT3 receptor antagonist.

Aren't you a nurse TC?

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Studying to be one, although my area is going to be psych or pedi.... I have tried it all,and nothing seems to be working although I did eat today, some crackers, so perhaps I have something here..>:)

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have not had any vomiting issues in many years, but when I was younger and got sick to my stomach and vomited all the time I always drank Fanta.. Not only did it take away the ugly taste of vomit, but it gave me some energy too. (I know: sugar! Bad bad bad :nono:)

Optimum Nutrition's double chocolate shakes also stayed down if I recall correctly ;)

//CC

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Studying to be one, although my area is going to be psych or pedi.... I have tried it all,and nothing seems to be working although I did eat today, some crackers, so perhaps I have something here..>:)
It may just take some healing time and all will be good: )

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
theres a supp I believe that starts with a P or a F that helps to fix this.ask your doctor he should prescribe it pretty easily my doc gave me this when I had a bad stomach virus and it worked. I had a few left other and it also worked for the sickness of hangover stomach issues too ;)
Phenergan

snuggy

Awards
Body takes some time to realize the absence of gall bladder. Eat light and liquid based foods. Have a wedge pillow to avoid acid reflex. Avoid eating hard foods, junk, spicy, processed, canned or sugar based foods. Eat fresh fruits & vegetables. Drink water & fresh juices. You’ll feel better. My aunt underwent this surgery at 67, she had problems too, but she is able to manage after 2 months.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Hey TC, let us know how its going. I might have to get mine out too, so Id like to hear how you are progressing.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
You will get better - but you'll have to give yourself time to adjust to the loss of your galbladder.

I know it sucks - I still have my gb but I did pass a stone in 2003 ... one that hung in my common bile duct and caused liver swelling, gb disease and pancreatitis. For two weeks Docs in the Navy treated me for Acid Reflux! LOL - I WAS DIEING!! They were giving me two bags of IV every other day due to severe dehydration and saying ... "Yep! You got Acid Reflux".

Not until my urine turned wine color and my eyeballs turned yellow did they say ... "Hmmm, we may have a big problem here". Long story short - I never was in so much pain - lost 40 pounds in two weeks and was convinced I would die. Three days after passing the stone I walked out of the hospital feeling like a brand new man.

Everything is fine now - no liver, pancreas or gallbladder issues!

You'll get better! Hang in there!

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
thanks I am trying, met with doc today who told me.."its been less than 2 months, what do you expect a miracle"... UMMM no but I do expect to eat something more than a protien drink a day, I don't expect to puke when I eat , everytime, I just don't...

I am ok, trying to follow his "advice" and hoping to eat again soon

TC