Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As I mentioned in your thread @Hyde I'm giving some serious thought to signing up for the SPF meet in June. I've talked about it before but I think I just need to jump in this time.

I assume I will need to pick a weight class when signing up? Or can that be done at weigh in? I'm sitting around 230 right now and feel like I might be able to get somewhat respectable numbers in 220, but would not be very competitive in 242. Being in the middle, and probably around 20%BF, I'm leaning towards dropping to 220. I think the test and primo would help me hang onto some strength while cutting down a bit.

I've never tried to make weight or peak so this is wholly new territory.
June is far enough you could diet if you would like to trim a little fat, but I would not advise trying to orchestrate a watercut for a first meet, or in general really. Getting smaller doesn’t help you get stronger at all, so even if you just stayed 230 to me it makes sense to sign up for 242. Do not worry about being competitive - that is just who shows up. I have seen 181 raw lifters outlift the entire meet, even the heavyweights.

DO IT!!!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do not worry about being competitive - that is just who shows up. I have seen 181 raw lifters outlift the entire meet, even the heavyweights.

DO IT!!!
Always with the real advice.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
19 weeks... hmm... well hell, that means it's blasting time!

Currently 210T/122P and pulled blood this morning. Will wait til I have the results before changing anything but definitely going to head into the meet with a blast.
Have test and primo covered to bump up dosage. Have M1A in the cabinet and have already been considering picking up some adrol. Might throw in some M1A on the next few workouts just to celebrate my new commitment, but will save orals for later, around May.

Any suggestions on that front?

Training is going to stay the same for the rest of this base phase, 4 more weeks to finish what I have planned. That will give me 15 weeks after that to use to peak. Time to dig into Base Strength again and see what I can pull out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would wait a few weeks to elevate your doses, and generally keep them moderate in the sense that you aren’t bodybuilding or cutting hard - the oil is there to support recovery and help you get stronger more through training.

Orals are more like your nitrous/strength in a bottle, and should be used strategically to force through plateaus. But they have limitations. You can’t just keep taking bigger doses of them, or even tolerate them for too long, so while they are really important to helping you get strong as possible they have to be used judiciously. You also have to be careful not to get too strong too fast. The more you use them, the more you start to need to dial back RPE on things.

You will lift more weights taking Anadrol for 14 days at a time and making your lifts safely than taking it for 8 weeks straight and getting injured.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Been 9 months since I've thrown in progress pictures so I figured what the hell, here's a few for posterity if nothing else.

For reference I've been on 'Cruise+' for about 11 weeks now, started at 135T/105P, then 210/105, currently 210/125.
These are post bench, BW 233.9#.

1-25-23.6.jpg

1-25-23.3a.jpg

1-25-23.1a.jpg

Attachments

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
So blood work came back today and I'm... well, I'm confused!

Total T is 652, ultrasensitive E is 19
At time of test 210T/105P

Compare this with back in September being
Total T 1498, ultrasensitive E 101
At time of test 175T

Any thoughts as to the lower total T? I didn't expect to see an elevation from the primo, but I'm surprised to see total T at less than 50% of what it was on a lower dose of T alone.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just realized this is a different UGL now than what I was using before. Guess that could be it? Only other difference is currently daily injections and drawn before shot, in September I was on EOD and drawn on off day.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just realized this is a different UGL now than what I was using before. Guess that could be it? Only other difference is currently daily injections and drawn before shot, in September I was on EOD and drawn on off day.
I’d say this UGL is underdosing the test, and the previous might have brewed a little hot.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’d say this UGL is underdosing the test, and the previous might have brewed a little hot.
Kinda what I was thinking when the 175mg put me at 1500. I'll be going back to the former!

Should I bump both up? I think the T:E ratio is in an okay range.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kinda what I was thinking when the 175mg put me at 1500. I'll be going back to the former!

Should I bump both up? I think the T:E ratio is in an okay range.
Depends on how you feel. I would personally add more test just going off how I feel at those numbers, but I like my E2 at 60 when test is 800-1,000.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Depends on how you feel. I would personally add more test just going off how I feel at those numbers, but I like my E2 at 60 when test is 800-1,000.
I do feel it could be higher.

I know it's hard to say since I'm dealing with unknowns, but would it make sense to increase to something like 315/140? That's a 50% increase in T and about 35% in P.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do feel it could be higher.

I know it's hard to say since I'm dealing with unknowns, but would it make sense to increase to something like 315/140? That's a 50% increase in T and about 35% in P.
Well, ratio wise going up 50% more test should get you to ~1,000ng/dl (just theoretically, not necessarily actually). But estrogen is so low, I would want it to actually come up significantly in the ratio, so that’s why I say wouldn’t raise primo any. Unless you intend to blast, but if not yet then you don’t need much more than getting test to top of range and a spot of primo.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, ratio wise going up 50% more test should get you to ~1,000ng/dl (just theoretically, not necessarily actually). But estrogen is so low, I would want it to actually come up significantly in the ratio, so that’s why I say wouldn’t raise primo any. Unless you intend to blast, but if not yet then you don’t need much more than getting test to top of range and a spot of primo.
I don't want to burn myself out too early for the meet in June, so I think waiting a couple more weeks might be the right choice. I feel like maybe 12-14 weeks just test/primo and then 2-3 stacking an oral like anadrol. That would put me a couple weeks out still from getting up in dosages, leaving a reasonable period now for tapering up to try to control any drastic swings in hormone levels as an attempt to curb my acne issues (which seem to be the worst side I deal with) and gyno irritation. Planning on a serm to deal with any gyno issues, would that have any affect on acne? I think that would be a job for an AI, not a serm, but just curious as I couldn't really find much info on it (likely because it's not effective in that way).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
AI for estrogen-driven acne; SERM will only block the chest receptors for gyno.

If you intend to stay on a SERM for a long period for gyno, I’d use Raloxifene. It’s pricier, but healthier for that kind of use than Tamoxifen.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sold a winch today that's been sitting in the garage and thinking about using the funds on a Texas Deadlift Bar. It wasn't next in line for gym purchases, but it has been on the list for a while and now I feel like it might not be a bad idea to start getting some reps in on a DL bar before the comp. 2-4 week lead time on a bare steel which would still give me 12-13 weeks with it before go time. Could also just pay a month at the hosting gym for a few sessions leading up to the comp. Or even then could get a few sessions in with the coach I was training with there a couple years back.

Monolift attachments, cambered bar, GHD and reverse hyper have all been at the top of the list as well. I've been waiting until I can get a combo GHD/hyper though for space saving reasons.

Or I could just get enough oil to feel like a Saudi prince. 😬💉

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would get the combo piece when you have enough for it, and get the deadlift bar now.

A mono attachment is only useful if you compete that way, and if you know you will you can just practice unracking in your squat stance before walking out. People told me don’t do that, it will throw you off, no it fucking doesn’t if you just practice picking in your squat stance - the mono helps so damn much on squat, you will only benefit at the meet regardless. So I wouldn’t prioritize that unless you are at least using knee wraps.

The camber bar is something I would get last, a new stimulus later on. I still don’t have one and don’t think they’re necessary at all, just a fun option.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
My dead needs the most work as it lags my squat and bench when looking at the three relative to each other, so the TDLB is probably the best choice. I'm pretty pedestrian with my deadlift too, I only pull conventional with a stiff bar and either DOH or hook. I've never even tried straps. I have a pair but I've only used them for hanging leg raises! Ha ha.

Just to be clear when I said cambered bar I meant a Duffalo or Yukon, not the other contraption. Was thinking about this because squats lately have been aggravating my elbows, but that's likely due mostly to the vast increase in volume.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Speaking of volume, this run has been killer.

Yesterday was:

Wave 4 Week 1

Squats
3x6x315

Good Mornings
4x10x185

---KB Swing Through
3x25
---Lying Leg Raise
3x15
---KB Crunch
3x10

Felt good after this one!

But it's time to start planning where I go from here. Two weeks from now I'll be in the last week of what I have planned so far. I'm considering doing another block or two.

For reference the weeks have been

W1W1 3x12 @ 55%
W1W2 4x12 @ 60%
W1W3 5x12 @ 65%

W2W1 3x10 @ 60%
W2W2 4x10 @ 65%
W2W3 5x10 @ 70%

W3W1 3X8 @ 65%
W3W2 4X8 @ 70%
W3W3 5X8 @ 75%

W4W1 3X6 @ 70%
W4W2 4X6 @ 75%
W4W3 5X6 @ 80%

So I'm thinking about

W5W1 3X4 @ 75%
W5W2 4X4 @ 80%
W5W3 5X4 @ 85%

W6W1 3X2 @ 80%
W6W2 4X2 @ 85%
W6W3 5X2 @ 90%

These are all based off an estimated max and then 90% of that so something like 90% is really like 80% of an actual 1RM. W4W3 ends at 15 weeks out from the meet, so that would make W6W3 ending at 9 weeks out from meet day. That would leave about 6 or 7 weeks to figure out before tapering down volume to try to peak at the comp.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My dead needs the most work as it lags my squat and bench when looking at the three relative to each other, so the TDLB is probably the best choice. I'm pretty pedestrian with my deadlift too, I only pull conventional with a stiff bar and either DOH or hook. I've never even tried straps. I have a pair but I've only used them for hanging leg raises! Ha ha.

Just to be clear when I said cambered bar I meant a Duffalo or Yukon, not the other contraption. Was thinking about this because squats lately have been aggravating my elbows, but that's likely due mostly to the vast increase in volume.
If you can pull hook, that is ideal (shorter pull, better/even lat engagement, no windmilling or bicep tear potential really). My hands are justa hair too small & I’ve wasted too many years failing to make it work as well.

I think a buffalo bar is definitely more useful because you can squat/GM or press with it, and I really like mine, so I could see that argument. Because you can still get perfectly strong pulling on a straight bar, you just need to get the last month of sessions in on a deadlift bar ideally so it doesn’t mess you up at the meet. So depends on how inconvenient that is to travel.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
As I mentioned in your thread @Hyde I'm giving some serious thought to signing up for the SPF meet in June. I've talked about it before but I think I just need to jump in this time.

I assume I will need to pick a weight class when signing up? Or can that be done at weigh in? I'm sitting around 230 right now and feel like I might be able to get somewhat respectable numbers in 220, but would not be very competitive in 242. Being in the middle, and probably around 20%BF, I'm leaning towards dropping to 220. I think the test and primo would help me hang onto some strength while cutting down a bit.

I've never tried to make weight or peak so this is wholly new territory.
Check the federation rules too. Some feds allow you to go down 1 class compared to when you signed up.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Fun man! I used to do a little home brewing.
Nice! We used to brew a lot on the stove top years ago and bottle, which was always a painstaking affair. Last summer I decided to set myself up to brew 10gal at a time and keg. Twice the beer for the same amount of time and cleanup and having a couple 1/6 kegs in the fridge in the garage gym is... fun!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Check the federation rules too. Some feds allow you to go down 1 class compared to when you signed up.
I went ahead and signed up at 242, been sitting right around 230 in the AM. I need to eat more! Ha ha. Hoping to pack on a few lbs as I ramp up the test and primo going into prep.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You gonna blast any orals meet day?
Oh probably so. 😄 Trying to decide on the menu. Was thinking about picking up some adrol when I re-up. Halotestin is intriguing but I'm going to give a new, much more affordable source a try and they don't have it. Open to suggestions!

Also open to suggestions for oils. I'm thinking I'm going to move dosages up within the week. Right now at 315T/140P, but from blood work they seem underdosed so it's hard to say what I'm really at. Only been a couple weeks since I bumped up to this, but I think I could stand to increase a bit more.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oral options in consideration are anadrol, superdrol and turinabol. Tbol is the only one I have experience with and it treated me well. Leaning towards adrol as mentioned.

Have also been considering giving NPP a go. Maybe not this time, but also, maybe this time, ha!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely grab Anadrol. Even if you decide not to cycle it, it’s the best oral I’ve used for an acute immediate preWO boost. So you can just use it during peaking or heaviest sessions and at comp, even if you don’t want or need to use it weeks at a time.

Tbol is more of a general anabolic. It’s only the right tool if you wanted to grow, wanted more test family derivative without extra estrogen burden, and wanted results faster and tolerate orals well. It’s not really doing anything longterm that raising your test & primo in conjunction couldn’t, just faster/more acutely if desired.

Sdrol is more if you want to add size AND the neurological supercharging that Anadrol offers. I don’t have any experience with it myself, but we use it with my wife and we really have to throttle it to keep her from getting too heavy on it.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Picked up the adrol along with what is hopefully some better dosed T and P. Going to bump up and finish off the underdosed vials and looking forward to trying out the new stuff when it comes.

PWO use was a big part of the draw for anadrol for me, I'm excited to try it. May pick up the sdrol in a few weeks as well as more mass would be perfectly fine in my book!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Picked up the adrol along with what is hopefully some better dosed T and P. Going to bump up and finish off the underdosed vials and looking forward to trying out the new stuff when it comes.

PWO use was a big part of the draw for anadrol for me, I'm excited to try it. May pick up the sdrol in a few weeks as well as more mass would be perfectly fine in my book!
Remember, easy come easy go - the size and power SD grants is temporary. I’m not saying you won’t have some residual gains after, but ultimately it’s a finisher for a contest. And it is side heavy for many. Blood pressure, lipids, liver (and often appetite & lethargy) get hit hard.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Halo is king, but it comes with a heavy cost. You can literally feel the toxicity running through you (more than SD even for me). But holy hell the temporary strength gains are unreal. Enough to where you can hurt yourself while easily feeling like having more in the tank. Physically going RPE 10 but mentally feeling RPE 7. If that makes any sense. Writ-tard strength for sure.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You guys listen to latest table talks with dan Bell? Best podcast to date IMO and fuggin hilarious. Near the end he discusses his halo protocol before a meet. 9 days on 9 days off when he’s 28 days out.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Interesting, I saw that pop up this week, I'm gonna give it a listen.

The halo sounds awesome if not a little spooky in its power. Think that will be best saved for down the road. I feel like I have some untapped strength reserves that I'm working on opening up, but I don't want to move too fast with it, especially right now leading into my first comp.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting, I saw that pop up this week, I'm gonna give it a listen.

The halo sounds awesome if not a little spooky in its power. Think that will be best saved for down the road. I feel like I have some untapped strength reserves that I'm working on opening up, but I don't want to move too fast with it, especially right now leading into my first comp.
I think that’s wise. We aren’t spring chickens anymore so best to save for something really magical lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Table Talk Podcast has been killing it. I’m 3/4 of the way through the Dan Bell podcast. I’ve always liked Dan (never met him), mainly because he’s from the town 40 minutes over from here and everyone has always said he’s just as nice & giving as he comes off online. Then he’s just gone on to totally dominate, and it’s been incredible what he’s done.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm about 45min into the podcast and really digging the info. The podcast has been good all around and I feel like lately Tate is really getting the feel of it and it's getting more refined. Such a good source of info from such a good range of folks.

Dan does come off as a down to Earth dude, it's good to hear that's really him. Guy has an absolutely bonkers total and he's just as humble as can be. F'kn winning combo there.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Table Talk Podcast has been killing it. I’m 3/4 of the way through the Dan Bell podcast. I’ve always liked Dan (never met him), mainly because he’s from the town 40 minutes over from here and everyone has always said he’s just as nice & giving as he comes off online. Then he’s just gone on to totally dominate, and it’s been incredible what he’s done.
I was just thinking I needed a podcast reco!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday was the end of Wave IV Week II and 16wks out. This week will bring 5x6 @80%. Still on the fence about going into another two waves after this, leaning towards it to keep volume up and continue increasing intensity. Probably going to do one more wave which would leave time for dropping back intensity and allowing 12 weeks to peak at meet day, 6/10.

Always open to any advice on training of course so feel free to add anything that has worked well for you guys to peak.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Last night's dinner was killer so I had to share. Went to a German restaurant we have here called Siegi's that is absolutely fantastic. Had their ribeye for the first time and it was killer. Not usually one to order a steak outside of a steakhouse but I'm glad I did. Our server was Siegi's daughter and we got to hear some of the family history for the first time, rife with tales of 1940's Germany and Ukraine. Paired a Dunkel from a local brewery with the steak, greens salad with a riesling reduction dressing and creamy chicken soup with spaetzle dumplings. Ding dang, what a meal. Prost!

Attachments

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last night's dinner was killer so I had to share. Went to a German restaurant we have here called Siegi's that is absolutely fantastic. Had their ribeye for the first time and it was killer. Not usually one to order a steak outside of a steakhouse but I'm glad I did. Our server was Siegi's daughter and we got to hear some of the family history for the first time, rife with tales of 1940's Germany and Ukraine. Paired a Dunkel from a local brewery with the steak, greens salad with a riesling reduction dressing and creamy chicken soup with spaetzle dumplings. Ding dang, what a meal. Prost!
Looks and sounds amazing!