Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you are at depth you really won’t generally have much question. If you can post a screenshot of the lowest point and edit out your face or anything identifying I can look.

Either way, that’s some great big fat progress man! Congratulations

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
How ya like those Norse knee sleeves? I need a new set and titan yellow jackets have been out of stock because…. Covid????
I like 'em, though honestly I have nothing to compare them to as they're my first pair! Ha ha.

Speaking of sleeves, I've been thinking about grabbing a pair for my elbows. I was looking at Cerberus and trying to decide between the 5mm neoprene and dual ply. My only sleeve experience is these neoprene Norse sleeves so that's what I'm leaning towards.

Also looking for suggestions on a belt for deadlift. I never use a belt for DL and I tried using my 4" double prong the other day and that sucked ass, totally threw me out of my groove. I think some extra support would be a good idea while I'm trying to move my numbers up.

Any input is always appreciated!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re probably about 4” high to get a good lift in most powerlifting feds.

Squat moved pretty snappy and it was a nice gym lift man.

Also, squeeze your glutes hard as you can before you begin the descent - this will pull your hips forward to lock you out into a better position under the bar before you descend, as well as further activate the strongest muscle in your body so it’s maximally engaged from start to finish.

Also also, nice beard

Speaking of sleeves, I've been thinking about grabbing a pair for my elbows. I was looking at Cerberus and trying to decide between the 5mm neoprene and dual ply. My only sleeve experience is these neoprene Norse sleeves so that's what I'm leaning towards.

Also looking for suggestions on a belt for deadlift. I never use a belt for DL and I tried using my 4" double prong the other day and that sucked ass, totally threw me out of my groove. I think some extra support would be a good idea while I'm trying to move my numbers up.

Any input is always appreciated!
Unless you are trying to add maximum poundage to your overhead lifts, get the neoprene sleeves. They’re much better to keep on through training and provide passive support & warmth. Multiply sleeves can’t usually be left on too long and should be thought of more like mild knee wraps for a lift.

If you want to do a powerlifting meet your only option is a 4” belt, but 10mm will be easier to get down with than 13mm if your current is a 13. I wear my 10mm 4” belt an inch or two higher in the front on deadlift compared to squats. If you don’t care about powerlifting meets, the Cerberus deadlift belt is kinda perfect. Spud makes some great ones too. Gives that tension to brace against without getting in the way.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You’re probably about 4” high to get a good lift in most powerlifting feds.

Squat moved pretty snappy and it was a nice gym lift man.

Also, squeeze your glutes hard as you can before you begin the descent - this will pull your hips forward to lock you out into a better position under the bar before you descend, as well as further activate the strongest muscle in your body so it’s maximally engaged from start to finish.

Also also, nice beard

Unless you are trying to add maximum poundage to your overhead lifts, get the neoprene sleeves. They’re much better to keep on through training and provide passive support & warmth. Multiply sleeves can’t usually be left on too long and should be thought of more like mild knee wraps for a lift.

If you want to do a powerlifting meet your only option is a 4” belt, but 10mm will be easier to get down with than 13mm if your current is a 13. I wear my 10mm 4” belt an inch or two higher in the front on deadlift compared to squats. If you don’t care about powerlifting meets, the Cerberus deadlift belt is kinda perfect. Spud makes some great ones too. Gives that tension to brace against without getting in the way.
Thanks for checking it out. I'm going to make a conscious effort to work on depth now! Out comes the box.

Neoprene it is then. I need something that will work for the whole workout, not going to be in a meet anytime soon. Probably end up with the Cerberus belt too for the time being.

I think I'll eventually hit a meet just to do it but it's not in my immediate future for now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for checking it out. I'm going to make a conscious effort to work on depth now! Out comes the box.

Neoprene it is then. I need something that will work for the whole workout, not going to be in a meet anytime soon. Probably end up with the Cerberus belt too for the time being.

I think I'll eventually hit a meet just to do it but it's not in my immediate future for now.
Try code ONLYFORYOU at Spud Inc for 10% off or code KITE10 for a similar discount at Cerberus if you end up going with either.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Was going to test bench max today but my forearms disagreed. Hit the empty bar a couple rounds and then got up to 185 for a single and it felt like sh!t. Ditched the idea to give the ol' brachioradialiseses a rest.

Did some light throws at the heavy bag for a total of about 20min and then 20min on the fan bike. I figure I should be getting used to doing cardio again. It's been a while!

Any suggestions for soothing my achy brach's? Gonna floss and roll them a bit now but any other tips?

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Should mention, took 12.5mg exem day before yesterday. Was having some funny feelings in right pec/nip and they are present today as well. Not eager to tank estrogen so I will hold steady and see if it gets better or worse or stays the same.

Also considering increasing dosage frequency but if I do that I think I need to add some injection sites to the mix, as of now I'm only doing VGs. Pinned start of week 3 last night as this morning is going to be busy.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have really really been enjoying using lats the last 3-4 months.

Pro-tip: never take your AI right before testing.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have really really been enjoying using lats the last 3-4 months.

Pro-tip: never take your AI right before testing.
Lats sound worth trying and easy access.

I thought about that as I have planned to test around week 4. If I pop another 12.5mg next Thursday, would I just skip the dose after that and test the following Thursday, at the week mark from last dose of AI? This is assuming weekly dosage is what works, obviously not trying to draw a line in the sand here.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just hold it off 2-3 days if I know I’m going for a particularly big lift. I never feel quite as strong the day or two directly following dosing exemestane.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh, I thought you were taking about BLOOD testing. I gotcha now, good info.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
After plugging numbers into steroidplotter, I think I'm going to give EOD pins a go and see if it helps mitigate some chest/nipple sensitivity. I'll do 0.3ml (75mg) EOD instead of 0.6ml (150mg) E3.5D. Would it be worth going to a slin pin since we're talking about such a small amount of oil? Might grab some and give it a try.

Aiming for bloodwork 5/2 and then bump to 0.4ml EOD for ~400mg/wk

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was going to test bench max today but my forearms disagreed. Hit the empty bar a couple rounds and then got up to 185 for a single and it felt like sh!t. Ditched the idea to give the ol' brachioradialiseses a rest.

Did some light throws at the heavy bag for a total of about 20min and then 20min on the fan bike. I figure I should be getting used to doing cardio again. It's been a while!

Any suggestions for soothing my achy brach's? Gonna floss and roll them a bit now but any other tips?
Hangs from pull-up bar, body tempering, massage gun, stretching.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hangs from pull-up bar, body tempering, massage gun, stretching.
I really need to invest in a massage gun. I just did some stretching, floss band and rolling with a hard ball.

Skipped lifting again yesterday to let them relax. Did some more heavy bag and bike. I noticed some increased stamina on the bag too, that was a nice surprise.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hit bench last night and tried to move up in weight for a max but my left forearm said nope. Listened to my body and scrapped the max attempt for some killer volume that felt good (4x15@155). Did some tri accessories and got a nice pump. Good workout.

Pinned 0.3ml again yesterday and chest is feeling better. Gonna see how this week goes sticking to EOD and whether or not I need to does exem again.

Allergies have been kicking my ass but otherwise I'm feeling pretty good at just shy of 3 weeks.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finally caught up in here! Following along as I need some motivation from others who are working on strength numbers. Just jumped into 5/3/1 in my log. Basically need to see numbers that shame me into progress, LOL.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A massage gun is a great tool. We have a Worx brand Jigsaw tool that we chuck some massage tools we bought on Amazon into. It’s very strong, much stronger than a lot of these pussy vibrator guns, but that’s the kind of force you need to loosen up a big pair of tight hamstrings, or break up knots from something like DHB injections or real tissue adhesions in the traps, under scapula, on the IT bands.

Get something that really pounds your meat 🥩

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Finally caught up in here! Following along as I need some motivation from others who are working on strength numbers. Just jumped into 5/3/1 in my log. Basically need to see numbers that shame me into progress, LOL.
Awesome man! Welcome!

531 has always been good to me. I don't know if my numbers put anybody to shame but they keep me motivated!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
A massage gun is a great tool. We have a Worx brand Jigsaw tool that we chuck some massage tools we bought on Amazon into. It’s very strong, much stronger than a lot of these pussy vibrator guns, but that’s the kind of force you need to loosen up a big pair of tight hamstrings, or break up knots from something like DHB injections or real tissue adhesions in the traps, under scapula, on the IT bands.

Get something that really pounds your meat 🥩
I'm gonna start searching, I could use a pounding!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Righteous workout yesterday. Went for heavy on deads, easily pulled singles up to 405. Missed 440, it was glued to the floor. Wish I had tried for 425/430 to see if it came up.

So then I decided to give the ol' SkRaw Vomit Pulls a try!

5x5x240 + 1 mat deficit: pause just off floor, pause just under knee.

That was some good stuff right there. I will be doing these for a few weeks in various weights and reps to see if I can drum up some power off the floor. Did some single arm DB rows and high volume lat pulldowns and called it a win.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
In other news I have a little lump reformed in my right nip. Would a few days of 20mg tamoxifen be an alright move to see if that handles it? No soreness really since switching to EOD pins so I'm hesitant to dose exemestane as nothing feels too bad I just have the same-ish size lump from a month or so back.

Tomorrow is day one of week 4. I was planning to wait til end of week 4 for bloodwork but maybe I should go ahead and schedule for next week to see what my numbers look like?

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In other news I have a little lump reformed in my right nip. Would a few days of 20mg tamoxifen be an alright move to see if that handles it? No soreness really since switching to EOD pins so I'm hesitant to dose exemestane as nothing feels too bad I just have the same-ish size lump from a month or so back.

Tomorrow is day one of week 4. I was planning to wait til end of week 4 for bloodwork but maybe I should go ahead and schedule for next week to see what my numbers look like?
For what it’s worth, I honestly don’t use an AI unless I feel there are more signs of systemic, high estrogen (pissed off gyno plus ED or others). If I’m just dealing with gyno being seemingly harder and swollen compared to normal, I hit Ralox. I personally prefer estrogen to be a little higher on blasts. But, my body doesn’t aromatize much anyway. Tamoxifen might help, but ralox really seems to be the superior route for gyno control.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
For what it’s worth, I honestly don’t use an AI unless I feel there are more signs of systemic, high estrogen (pissed off gyno plus ED or others). If I’m just dealing with gyno being seemingly harder and swollen compared to normal, I hit Ralox. I personally prefer estrogen to be a little higher on blasts. But, my body doesn’t aromatize much anyway. Tamoxifen might help, but ralox really seems to be the superior route for gyno control.
I still never picked up any Raloxifene. Was caught up trying to find tabs as I'm not a big fan of oral liquid. Might just bite the bullet and grab some from MA though. I'm gonna try out the Tamoxifen now and probably pick up some ralox to keep around and use if the Tamox doesn't do the trick.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I still never picked up any Raloxifene. Was caught up trying to find tabs as I'm not a big fan of oral liquid. Might just bite the bullet and grab some from MA though. I'm gonna try out the Tamoxifen now and probably pick up some ralox to keep around and use if the Tamox doesn't do the trick.
Ya I don’t really like oral liquid either lol. Ralox isn’t the best tasting, but I mix it in my nightly fiber drink which helps. I’ll vouch for MA ralox too, works like a charm for me.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those pulls work wonders. Try them as a main lift instead of after heavy pulls. They will tax ya. Always good to have some ralox on hand as well. It’s my go to when needed

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Start taking the tamoxifen now, not the AI. It will attack the real issue directly (you’re complaining of gyno, but otherwise happy with how you feel). At this point, you would need to lower estrogen to a very low uncomfortable level with an AI to still not cut off estrogen from the gyno as effectively as just using a SERM.

MA’s Ralox is good. It does crash and I have to stir it up constantly, but it works.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Start taking the tamoxifen now, not the AI. It will attack the real issue directly (you’re complaining of gyno, but otherwise happy with how you feel). At this point, you would need to lower estrogen to a very low uncomfortable level with an AI to still not cut off estrogen from the gyno as effectively as just using a SERM.

MA’s Ralox is good. It does crash and I have to stir it up constantly, but it works.
Popped a 20mg last night.

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I haven't had to deal with this issue before so it's interesting to learn the correct situations for each response. My inclination was to use the SERM as the gyno, and there for the activity at the estrogen receptors, is the only issue presently at hand.

If I can manage to continually abate the gyno issue by intermittent dosing of a SERM, is it therefore safe to assume there is no need for an AI? This is of course also assuming there are no other symptoms of consequence. (ED is not even sort of an issue!🥴) I've read plenty about on cycle AI use but not nearly as much about on cycle SERM use.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Popped a 20mg last night.

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I haven't had to deal with this issue before so it's interesting to learn the correct situations for each response. My inclination was to use the SERM as the gyno, and there for the activity at the estrogen receptors, is the only issue presently at hand.

If I can manage to continually abate the gyno issue by intermittent dosing of a SERM, is it therefore safe to assume there is no need for an AI? This is of course also assuming there are no other symptoms of consequence. (ED is not even sort of an issue!🥴) I've read plenty about on cycle AI use but not nearly as much about on cycle SERM use.
People don’t really talk about it that much, but I’ve figured out it’s actually extremely common for many guys to be using SERMs most of their blasts. Many guys can’t take much before they eventually get some gyno, and that gyno in turn is easier to grow than new tissue is to generate. So it’s very common for many guys on many stacks to need some Ralox or Nolva to manage things, because the amount of AI they would need would be uncomfortable and ultimately worse for their lipids (read: heart health), joints, brain, strength, & sexual function.

AIs aren’t bad; they are great to use to keep estrogen where it feels best, but that level often won’t be low enough to keep existing gyno from getting stimulated to grow.

SERMs are good for your lipids, but they can represent their own toxicities, like for the eyes & liver as well as raising clotting risks in some studies, and they do lower IGF1 (a big reason why exogenous HGH is so important if you want to be a serious bodybuilder, who will undoubtedly be using Nolva at end of prep to dry out & shrink gyno but also much of the off-season to keep estrogen higher while maintaining their gyno).

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
People don’t really talk about it that much, but I’ve figured out it’s actually extremely common for many guys to be using SERMs most of their blasts. Many guys can’t take much before they eventually get some gyno, and that gyno in turn is easier to grow than new tissue is to generate. So it’s very common for many guys on many stacks to need some Ralox or Nolva to manage things, because the amount of AI they would need would be uncomfortable and ultimately worse for their lipids (read: heart health), joints, brain, strength, & sexual function.

AIs aren’t bad; they are great to use to keep estrogen where it feels best, but that level often won’t be low enough to keep existing gyno from getting stimulated to grow.

SERMs are good for your lipids, but they can represent their own toxicities, like for the eyes & liver as well as raising clotting risks in some studies, and they do lower IGF1 (a big reason why exogenous HGH is so important if you want to be a serious bodybuilder, who will undoubtedly be using Nolva at end of prep to dry out & shrink gyno but also much of the off-season to keep estrogen higher while maintaining their gyno).
It is kind of odd that people don’t really discuss SERM use while blasting. I think it’s a remnant of a previous age in bodybuilding where you list the compounds you’re using and god forbid you don’t say you have an AI on deck (you definitely should, but that’s not what I’m getting at). So, it just becomes an assumption by others that people who have been doing this a while are only using an AI as opposed to a SERM; especially those who B&C. When, in fact, they probably aren’t even using an AI as much as other people think, if they use one at all. So, SERM discussion kind of falls out of the picture unless you’re talking about a dude who’s cycling and will need to use one in PCT. To be honest, I’ve only used an AI a few times, and it probably wasn’t necessary. I find that a moderate dose of Ralox (50mg daily) is enough to let that tissue, um, become “soft” again (I suppose that’s kind of what’s happening). That’s, of course, just my experience and what works for me, but I agree it’s likely better to employ the use of a SERM as opposed to an AI, especially when gyno is the issue.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

It is kind of odd that people don’t really discuss SERM use while blasting. I think it’s a remnant of a previous age in bodybuilding where you list the compounds you’re using and god forbid you don’t say you have an AI on deck (you definitely should, but that’s not what I’m getting at). So, it just becomes an assumption by others that people who have been doing this a while are only using an AI as opposed to a SERM; especially those who B&C. When, in fact, they probably aren’t even using an AI as much as other people think, if they use one at all. So, SERM discussion kind of falls out of the picture unless you’re talking about a dude who’s cycling and will need to use one in PCT. To be honest, I’ve only used an AI a few times, and it probably wasn’t necessary. I find that a moderate dose of Ralox (50mg daily) is enough to let that tissue, um, become “soft” again (I suppose that’s kind of what’s happening). That’s, of course, just my experience and what works for me, but I agree it’s likely better to employ the use of a SERM as opposed to an AI, especially when gyno is the issue.
This is great info guys! It's interesting that the inclusion of a SERM in a blast isn't more discussed as it makes sense as the appropriate adjunct for someone dealing with what seems to be the most discussed side effect.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Another feel good workout last night. Worked OHP up to 155# and just didn't have 175# in the tank. I worked a 60hr week and it was a crazy one at that so maybe just being overly worn out had something to do with it. So scrapped heavy singles on this lift too and went for some moderate volume.

5x5 95# bar weight with black bands

20220423_172021.jpg

Followed with a superset

Rear Delt Flyes 3x15 20#
Standing Arnold Press 3x15 20#
Tri Kicks 3x20 20#

Then superset

Side Raise 4x20 15#
Tri Cable Press Down 1x12 55#
1x12 45#
1x24 35#
1x50 25#

Good pump off this workout and everything felt comfortable, no twinges, nothing out of the ordinary which is waht I needed right now!

20220423_173903.jpg

Here's a couple more since I keep neglecting to post anything for tracking progress later.

20220423_173803.jpg
20220423_173817.jpg

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
After the workout I scored a couple pieces of equipment that have been on my list for a while.

Since getting the cable machine I've been on the lookout for good attachments at a decent price. Found this Rep Pro D Hnadle for $20! Pretty nasty and in need of some love, which I happily applied.

20220423_210649.jpg

20220423_221546.jpg

20220423_223049.jpg

So that one had been on my list for a bit but not nearly as long as the next score. I used to have a couple curl bars that I let go for ridiculously cheap because I was planning to get a rackable curl bar and just never did get around to it. Until yesterday! Same guy that had the handle had this Rep Rackable Curl Bar in hard chrome. It also need some love but is in pretty damn good shape for $100. Pulled the sleeves and got all the gunk out of the nasty end and she's good to go.

20220423_204935.jpg

20220423_223326.jpg

So I guess I'll be doing some curls today!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hadn't planned on the curl bar being the next specialty bar, but reverse curls on the straight barbell probably have something to do with my forearm/wrist extensor pain lately, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel ya on having to adjust volume due to workload. You can only train what you can recover is what they say. Lookin solid man!

Nice pickup on the curl bar. My wrists ache just remembering doing curls straight bar. I don’t bend that way lol

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I shouldn't be bending that way and will be no more!

To exacerbate an already uncomfortable movement, I broke my left wrist straight across both the radius and ulna in 2008. The ulna started setting in a somewhat unnatural position before getting good treatment (yay state-provided healthcare!) and they decided to leave it instead of breaking and resetting. As a result it's shaped a bit weird and something in there, I'm guessing the extensor carpi ulnaris, rolls over it in a funny way.

While speaking anecdotally, at the same time as that injury I also completely tore my right ACL and partially tore the miniscus. That's when I got my cadaver tendon anchored with a couple screw posts that I get a reminder of when the weather is right.

TL;DR Don't drop acid and go free climbing!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I shouldn't be bending that way and will be no more!

To exacerbate an already uncomfortable movement, I broke my left wrist straight across both the radius and ulna in 2008. The ulna started setting in a somewhat unnatural position before getting good treatment (yay state-provided healthcare!) and they decided to leave it instead of breaking and resetting. As a result it's shaped a bit weird and something in there, I'm guessing the extensor carpi ulnaris, rolls over it in a funny way.

While speaking anecdotally, at the same time as that injury I also completely tore my right ACL and partially tore the miniscus. That's when I got my cadaver tendon anchored with a couple screw posts that I get a reminder of when the weather is right.

TL;DR Don't drop acid and go free climbing!
Lol. Yeah I can relate. Those rocks aren’t as spongey as they may appear at that given time 🤣

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Had a good squat day Tuesday. Changed TM to reflect the recent PR. Did 3s and got 3x390 for last set. Did 5x5x255 + red bands and that felt good. Curl work after with the new bar and handle.

Now the bad: left forearm started acting up again after this and has been aggrevated the past couple days. It limited my bench sets last night quite a bit. I was only able to do my 70% and 80% sets and didn't want to risk 90%. Tried for 155 + red bands, got a good set of 5 and then decided not to push it with the way my arm was feeling.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Work around it till it’s better. Don’t aggravate it, it’s aggravating I know lol. Hate when that happens

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you getting issues from how you hold the bar on squats? Holding it too low or narrow for straight bar squats can aggravate the arms in a way that manifests primarily during bench.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Work around it till it’s better. Don’t aggravate it, it’s aggravating I know lol. Hate when that happens
For real, I was super bummed last night.

I think I'll probably hold off on heavy anything for a week or even two and get some nice clean volume in all around. Probably be a good break for my CNS too.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you getting issues from how you hold the bar on squats? Holding it too low or narrow for straight bar squats can aggravate the arms in a way that manifests primarily during bench.
That's what my thinking has been, that it's a grip or mobility or bar placement issue of some kind or combination.

I'm holding my thumb about one inch outside rings, thumb under bar. Bar sits at bottom of traps and top of rear delts. I gave thumb over bar a try on Tuesday and it didn't feel right but I don't recall exactly where in my arm or shoulder felt off. If there's an issue anywhere I would think maybe it's in my wrist being in too much extension but I'm not sure if my flexion is limited by mobility or my grip width?

I'll try to get my wife to take some pictures tonight from a few angles and maybe you guys can provide some input!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Phoenix grip (Brandon Allen) for the win! I gotta go wide on grip or pay the price. Sucks reracking on heavy sets when winded but such is life.