... For Victory

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can always do good mornings and RDLs for hammy work at home with just a barbell or dbs. Split squats and lunges too.
Those are great ideas and easy to add in. I've thought about picking up a sled or building one so maybe I'll give that more consideration.

Put the Prop at the end. 500mg/wk of prop the last 2 weeks with the VAR (assuming you got one vial & are running 400mg the entire time). Consider grabbing a little HCG to run a low dose throughout the cycle so your recovery in PCT will be much easier.
Supposed to be two vials of 100/ML so could do both ends. Sticking with 400mg/wk is the plan, two vials at 250/ML.

I had considered HCG when putting in the order and just went back and forth on it. I think I ended up not grabbing mostly due to the hassle of mixing, additional injections, storage etc. If I'm completely honest with myself, assuming all goes well and I handle the T well I don't really know if I want to keep riding the cycle/PCT rollercoaster. I don't want to hedge all my bets one way or another and thus the planned PCT. I'm getting blood work in the next few weeks to see where I am after this last run which may help me lean one way or another.

After my last cycle I got natural production back up to high end though so that is what keeps me looking at PCT. I don't like the idea of losing that ability, however at this point I don't really see myself wanting to stop trying to get bigger/stronger/faster and I'm not getting any younger. Lots to think about as we all know.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those are great ideas and easy to add in. I've thought about picking up a sled or building one so maybe I'll give that more consideration.

Supposed to be two vials of 100/ML so could do both ends. Sticking with 400mg/wk is the plan, two vials at 250/ML.

I had considered HCG when putting in the order and just went back and forth on it. I think I ended up not grabbing mostly due to the hassle of mixing, additional injections, storage etc. If I'm completely honest with myself, assuming all goes well and I handle the T well I don't really know if I want to keep riding the cycle/PCT rollercoaster. I don't want to hedge all my bets one way or another and thus the planned PCT. I'm getting blood work in the next few weeks to see where I am after this last run which may help me lean one way or another.

After my last cycle I got natural production back up to high end though so that is what keeps me looking at PCT. I don't like the idea of losing that ability, however at this point I don't really see myself wanting to stop trying to get bigger/stronger/faster and I'm not getting any younger. Lots to think about as we all know.
I waited til my son was born and we were sure we were done with having kids to cruise. If that’s done, then I would say anyone looking to exceed their natural ceiling needs to be looking at “healthy” blast and cruise methodologies. I was always just losing everything after a cycle after so many years of doing them. It shouldn’t take too many to exceed your natural limits if you do them well.

You can most certainly come off to breed later, but it can be much tougher for some. But if you want to make gains you can maintain, you have to get off the PCT rollercoaster and think about it as athletic HRT.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I waited til my son was born and we were sure we were done with having kids to cruise. If that’s done, then I would say anyone looking to exceed their natural ceiling needs to be looking at “healthy” blast and cruise methodologies. I was always just losing everything after a cycle after so many years of doing them. It shouldn’t take too many to exceed your natural limits if you do them well.

You can most certainly come off to breed later, but it can be much tougher for some. But if you want to make gains you can maintain, you have to get off the PCT rollercoaster and think about it as athletic HRT.
My son is 7, we just came in from playing in the snow. No plans for more children for us so fertility is of no concern. In fact a vasectomy is probably a cost effective choice at this point!

I don't want to sound like the 'never done test but I'm ready to B&C' newb, but maintaining and progressing further is certainly what I strive for.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My son is 7, we just came in from playing in the snow. No plans for more children for us so fertility is of no concern. In fact a vasectomy is probably a cost effective choice at this point!

I don't want to sound like the 'never done test but I'm ready to B&C' newb, but maintaining and progressing further is certainly what I strive for.
Then don’t sweat the HCG, it will only add estrogen burden and more pinning.

Do the cycle, plan for a PCT, but if you get to the end and have thought about it a lot and the Mrs is on board then you can address cruising then of course.

Hope she’s ready for how crazy horny you are going to be this first test cycle. It’s tough the first time; make sure not to talk to other women just for the sake of it *dead serious*.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got blood work done 2/25/22. This is ~7wks after 6wk PCT.

All health markers in normal range, endo as follows
Total T 637
Free T 123.5
E2 (sensitive) 36 (only thing tested out of range)
FSH 3.1
LH 2.9

Was having a gyno flare up around and slightly above right nip (smallish lump, palpable but not visible) and some sensitivity in left that started over the last month or so I'd say. Started taking Inhibit-P around 2/18 just in case (but didn't have prolactin checked, or SHBG for that matter) and after getting these results on 3/2 started 20mg tamox ED and 12.5mg exem E3.5D. Added 300-900mg epiandro PWO the past week or so and today I have virtually no sensitivity in the nips and can't feel a lump in right to speak of. Which is great!

So far have dosed 12.5mg exem 3 times over 9ish days. Now I'm trying to determine if I should continue exem and tamox now or just tamox? I'm also trying to figure out the best way to manage this going into a blast. Should I drop the exem and stay on with just tamox for a week or two before blasting? I had thought to wait out another couple weeks (I'm about 9wks post PCT, cycle was 10wks) but with things looking okay on blood panel, and as I'm likely going to cruise after this cycle, I'm inclined to jump on now.

TLDR:
Gyno flare up at 6wks post PCT, now under control at 9wks P-PCT by way of tamox 20mg ED + exem 12.5mg E3.5D. Do I continue tamox 20mg ED going into Test C 400mg/wk or drop both tamox and exem and only add back if symptoms arise?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would get to a place where you don’t need the tamoxifen ideally. So probably still hitting a single dose of exem per week or whatever seems sensible. I would do that transition for a couple weeks before introducing testosterone because that will surely need some AI and further exacerbate the gyno if not controlled.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
That was something I was trying to get straight in my head, whether I should taper off with tamox or exem?

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
With a little more thought on it I think I see what you're saying now... If I can stave off the gyno without the need of the tamoxifen and also slowly drop the exem without it flaring back up nad then maintain that stability then I would be better set to start introducing hormones.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
With a little more thought on it I think I see what you're saying now... If I can stave off the gyno without the need of the tamoxifen and also slowly drop the exem without it flaring back up nad then maintain that stability then I would be better set to start introducing hormones.
My logic is that because you have gyno now even with your current hormonal profile, and my own experiences with my gyno and very similar hormone levels (and the fact that I need Exemestane on 400mg of testosterone for sure), you’re going to need the AI on the test.

And for reasons discussed, you’re going to start the test pretty soon, like 4 weeks. So don’t bother trying to get away from the AI, just get the gyno under control first and then get off tamoxifen. Otherwise you are going to just be staying on tamoxifen for who knows how long.

So you will probably need less AI now than when on the testosterone, but you will still need some while you get away from the Nolva. Then you will probably tick the Exemestane back up once you go on the testosterone.

If you were going to wait months before the test, I would try to stop both the tamoxifen and the exemestane entirely, because we would be trying to find a natural homeostasis, but you’re in a situation where the environment is shifting again soon.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ah! I see what you're saying. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it for me and hopefully for others to also use down the road. Always such well thought out advice from Hyde!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Zero sensitivity in nipples today. Huzzah!!

Going to cut tamoxifen down to 10mg today and ride that for a week or so then drop completely. Dosed 12.5mg exemestane yesterday morning and will not dose again until Thursday morning to start tapering. I'll keep the epiandro PWO for now but will likely drop when I go on deload week after next.

Assuming all goes as planned with tapering down, I will start test cycle in mid April. At this point I'm looking at

1-13 Test C 200mg E3.5D
14-16 Test P 125mg EOD
14-16 Var 50mg ED (Could also try 20/40/40/40. I have 100x10mg, may pick up more to run 6wks total at 50?)

Will restock enough of everything for a PCT or cruise and make that decision when I get there. Leaning towards cruise but options are king. I'll likely pick up some raloxifene to have on deck as well. Any board sponsors have ralox caps or tabs? Not much a fan of oral liquids but if nothing else I know MA has that. I've been looking at Nutriissa Cycle Support and it seems like a pretty decent all-around profile, I'll probably give it a go.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not a fan of the flat dosage for over 3 months. At least go 300/400/500 bumping each month if you don’t want to add any more gear. I mean 400 straight will get some results but it’s really going to flatline by week 8.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not a fan of the flat dosage for over 3 months. At least go 300/400/500 bumping each month if you don’t want to add any more gear. I mean 400 straight will get some results but it’s really going to flatline by week 8.
That makes sense. Just trying to take it slow the first go. If I go that route, cyp will be at 500/wk when I add in var, I would guess I should then bump prop to 150 EOD in those last weeks to continue an incremental increase? Or let it ride at 125 which would be something like ~440/wk

You mentioned adding other gear so I'm curious what your thoughts are on including primo instead of increasing test throughout? I was considering waiting until cruise or the next cycle to test its ability to replace any necessary ai use but if that was something safe enough to try around week 8 or so when I've gotten settled in with test that would be great. Although I would like to see what level I can comfortably take the test to without too many sides.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That makes sense. Just trying to take it slow the first go. If I go that route, cyp will be at 500/wk when I add in var, I would guess I should then bump prop to 150 EOD in those last weeks to continue an incremental increase? Or let it ride at 125 which would be something like ~440/wk

You mentioned adding other gear so I'm curious what your thoughts are on including primo instead of increasing test throughout? I was considering waiting until cruise or the next cycle to test its ability to replace any necessary ai use but if that was something safe enough to try around week 8 or so when I've gotten settled in with test that would be great. Although I would like to see what level I can comfortably take the test to without too many sides.
No stick with just test and a little Var the first run. You need to see what this does to your blood markers in isolation. I would pull bloods about 6-8 weeks in to make sure it’s not bunk, guide your AI use, make sure blood isn’t too thick (then you would have to donate). And pull it again after Var ends so you can see if it hurts your lipids like it will for most people, and what your blood markers look like after another 2 months on test.

The 440 test prop will be okay if you don’t have enough to bump it any - technically, every 100mg of prop has more actual testosterone than Enanthate brewed at the same mg concentration per volume of oil, due to the longer ester taking up more space. Something like a 15% difference or whatever.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
No stick with just test and a little Var the first run. You need to see what this does to your blood markers in isolation. I would pull bloods about 6-8 weeks in to make sure it’s not bunk, guide your AI use, make sure blood isn’t too thick (then you would have to donate). And pull it again after Var ends so you can see if it hurts your lipids like it will for most people, and what your blood markers look like after another 2 months on test.

The 440 test prop will be okay if you don’t have enough to bump it any - technically, every 100mg of prop has more actual testosterone than Enanthate brewed at the same mg concentration per volume of oil, due to the longer ester taking up more space. Something like a 15% difference or whatever.
Sounds like a winner. After some thought this morning it does seem like the best approach is to use this as an opportunity to really feel out what the test does, not just in the gains department but, as you stated, to my overall health.

I have an extra vial of prop that I can use to bump that dose up a bit. I'm also going to pick up more cyp to be able to titrate and have cruise dosage on hand.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First cycle? Subbed.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
First cycle? Subbed.
Welcome! Yep, this will be my first go with test.

Now the hard part is taking my time over the next few weeks to balance my current issue out (see above) before getting excited and hoping on! Nothing but time though, just have to keep reminding myself of that.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Brief update, it's been 6 days since I last dosed 12.5mg exem. Dosed 5mg nolva though last week until Saturday. Only current atypical symptom is a decreased libido which I assume is from the exem and lowered estrogen. To be fair, when I was having the gyno irritation it was a singular symptom, everything else felt great. Now aside from the lowered sex drive everything feels g2g. Maybe just a bit achy in my joints as well but that could be imagined or from the week before as I just got done with a deload.

Assuming this week plays out as the last two have, I'll probably start cycle next week. Likely going to start at 300mg and ramp up around week 3 or 4.

Starting another round of 531 tomorrow. I will do 3s then 5s the next two weeks and then in the 3rd week I'm going to test for new 1RM (or possibly 3RM) to use for programming a bastard conjugate to use over the next few months.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Game on!

Joined the dark side this morning. 150mg (0.6ml) to right ventro, 1-1/2" 25g. Went in smooth as silk but took a while to inject so I'll probably give 23g a try.

I have 3ml barrels with 18g but I used a 23g to draw after looking at that harpoon. Is an 18g safe to draw with or would I be risking the seal with a total of something like 13 more draws from this vial?

No pain going in or after. Felt and still feels kinda like a charlie horse I guess? Did deadlift 3s right after. Tuesday injections will be right before squats.

Man, I ain't gonna lie, I was sweatin' and shakin' like a junkie in July, curled around trying to Z track and jab my keister. Probably won't bother with trying to pull the skin back next time since the goods are going in 1-1/2" deep. Not enough hands for that at those angles anyway.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Game on!

Joined the dark side this morning. 150mg (0.6ml) to right ventro, 1-1/2" 25g. Went in smooth as silk but took a while to inject so I'll probably give 23g a try.

I have 3ml barrels with 18g but I used a 23g to draw after looking at that harpoon. Is an 18g safe to draw with or would I be risking the seal with a total of something like 13 more draws from this vial?

No pain going in or after. Felt and still feels kinda like a charlie horse I guess? Did deadlift 3s right after. Tuesday injections will be right before squats.

Man, I ain't gonna lie, I was sweatin' and shakin' like a junkie in July, curled around trying to Z track and jab my keister. Probably won't bother with trying to pull the skin back next time since the goods are going in 1-1/2" deep. Not enough hands for that at those angles anyway.
You can certainly keep drawing with an 18g but most of us (I assume) don’t use them for much. They’ll start shredding the rubber and it can lead to parts of it ending up in your oil and potentially your buns. My personal recommendation is a smaller gauge needle for drawing.

Regarding your injection needle size, it can be cumbersome pushing oil through a 25g using a 3ml syringe. It’s what I have at the moment so I’m right there with ya. Smaller syringe sizes, like 2ml or 1ml for smaller amounts are better if you’re using 25g needles because the force you’re applying to the plunger is focused on a smaller point, requiring less force to push. I’ve experimented with this for a long time using different carriers with different syringe and needle sizes and it’s been pretty consistent. So, for me, 25g needles with a 1 or 2ml syringe is preferred. Larger volumes of course require a larger syringe, but it’s just something I’ve personally decided is worth pushing forever while making a smaller hole in myself to reduce scar tissue formation.

Welcome to the dark side man! Sh!t’s about to get real 🤘🤘

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can certainly keep drawing with an 18g but most of us (I assume) don’t use them for much. They’ll start shredding the rubber and it can lead to parts of it ending up in your oil and potentially your buns. My personal recommendation is a smaller gauge needle for drawing.

Regarding your injection needle size, it can be cumbersome pushing oil through a 25g using a 3ml syringe. It’s what I have at the moment so I’m right there with ya. Smaller syringe sizes, like 2ml or 1ml for smaller amounts are better if you’re using 25g needles because the force you’re applying to the plunger is focused on a smaller point, requiring less force to push. I’ve experimented with this for a long time using different carriers with different syringe and needle sizes and it’s been pretty consistent. So, for me, 25g needles with a 1 or 2ml syringe is preferred. Larger volumes of course require a larger syringe, but it’s just something I’ve personally decided is worth pushing forever while making a smaller hole in myself to reduce scar tissue formation.

Welcome to the dark side man! Sh!t’s about to get real 🤘🤘
I had a feeling it might be a hydraulic pressure issue. I may pick up some smaller syringes as I don't expect to get over 1ml this cycle and like you said, a smaller hole is always better! 😉

Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have never z-tracked in my life. It’s not really an option for glutes, delts, lats, or really even pecs. Sometimes you lose a drop out of delts with short needles like slinpins, but even that isn’t going to matter big picture remotely.

I drew for a couple years with 18g and had no issues, but have switched to 21g for preventative measures regarding the coring. You should be fine for this cycle but next time go a little bigger when you buy.

Honestly it being difficult to push helps ensure you don’t just ram it all in too fast, so if you go to a smaller barrel still pace the shot a little. I wouldn’t go under 25g, unless some day you end up using grams of stuff per week and need to move a lot of oil.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Second pin today, left vg this time. As it turns out, I've found I'm not as flexible that direction! Ha ha. I definitely had more difficulties this side, needle moved in and out a bit while I was trying to push the plunger and when I removed it kind of flicked to the side as I had changed angle. Was more sore right after than last time and had a drop of blood, which of course wasn't surprising given the movement. Also didn't spend any time holding it trying to warm it up beforehand which could have had something to do with that initial discomfort too.

I haven't sunk the 1-1/2" all the way to the plastic either time but I would guess that would help cut down on the in and out movement. I know it's going to be dependent on how big the muscle is, but generally speaking is there enough muscle there to bury that thang in that spot? I'm considering grabbing some 1-1/4" or even 1" so I can get set in more comfortably and not risk the tissue damage of moving around in there. Also considering other sites to spread out the pin holes, possibly delts or quads.

Another question lies in AI usage. I didn't dose any exemestane last week and I'm having no issues to speak of. That puts me at about 12 days since last 12.5mg and libido has increased over the past 5 days or so. Should I continue to wait it out right now and see how my body reacts to the test or preemptively dose 12.5mg and keep that going once a week? I'm naturally curious to see what would happen without it but I'm also hesitant to cause an issue since I'm feeling much better than I was 6-8 weeks ago.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^ same, I use 1 inch for VG area and delts. I don’t use anything over 1 inch anymore. Even if it’s not real deep IM, for me, I feel that deep subq to shallow IM is sufficient to avoid pip and that feeling of too much oil subq. However, I immediately know if I’ve inadvertently gone too shallow and pay for it the next few days.

As for the AI, I’d personally say to keep it on standby for now. Just a personal thing, but I’ve found that it’s easier to hit the AI when you notice the start of high e as opposed to using an AI too early and then trying to get your e back up. For me, it takes a while to get estrogen back to where I feel good. I’m also a very low aromatizer. This being your first run with test I’d still hold tight, but there’s going to be some trial and error. Just watch for high e sides and hit the AI if you notice anything.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use 1” for delts and dorsal glute. Can easily use 5/8” ventro. 1/2” sub q. Really no need for 1.5” unless you are a super heavyweight?
^^ same, I use 1 inch for VG area and delts. I don’t use anything over 1 inch anymore. Even if it’s not real deep IM, for me, I feel that deep subq to shallow IM is sufficient to avoid pip and that feeling of too much oil subq. However, I immediately know if I’ve inadvertently gone too shallow and pay for it the next few days.

As for the AI, I’d personally say to keep it on standby for now. Just a personal thing, but I’ve found that it’s easier to hit the AI when you notice the start of high e as opposed to using an AI too early and then trying to get your e back up. For me, it takes a while to get estrogen back to where I feel good. I’m also a very low aromatizer. This being your first run with test I’d still hold tight, but there’s going to be some trial and error. Just watch for high e sides and hit the AI if you notice anything.
Not huge by any means at 5'10" 220. I don't think I'll ever get to go for the Titan belt, ha ha.

Sounds like 1" is worth picking up. I think I'd feel better getting to the hilt with that than the 1.5". I was reading some study results on needle length where they injected an air bubble and then looked for it with sonograph. It was showing concern that even 1.5" was not going deep enough but the study looks like it was regarding mostly overweight patients. I have plenty of muscle there and not much fat so I think 1" will be fine.

Holding steady with the AI seems like a good course of action. I'd rather use as little as possible and let my T:E ratio stay within a comfortable range than crush my E to dust if it's not necessary. At least until bloodwork which is planned for around week 4 where i can see if my feels match the panel.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have big glutes and plenty of fat and I honestly think 1.5” that I use there is excessive. When I have done my vg with that needle I didn’t bury it either and only went in ~1”, so I’d agree with the 1” being good for basically everything.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ordered 1" 25g yesterday morning after I received an email reminding me I had added them to a cart. It was clearly a sign! Ha ha. Tracking already shows expected delivery Saturday. I might push the morning shot to afternoon just to wait them out. I'm planning on picking up a shift on another job site Saturday so it may be better to wait and not try to fit it in my normal "weekday morning" routine. That was the intent with Saturday morning injections anyway.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
As a little update I'm up a couple pounds, sitting around 222-224 in the AM the past few days compared to steady at 220. I'm guessing it's water weight starting in already or maybe just a few larger meals I've convinced myself were a good idea since, ya know, steronz. 😂

Leaning towards trying quads next. I didn't bother aspirating in VG, is it something I should do in quads or delts? Not sure what the common consensus is but from what little I have read it seems like it's not really worth the trouble. Just want to make sure I'm not wrong in my thinking here before I do something foolish.

3s went well last week and 5s are feeling good this week. After work sets I've been doing the main lift again, 3x12 with ~50% +35# of chains and it's awesome. I'm still tentatively planning on testing maxes next week. Right now I'm thinking I'll probably do squat and bench on Tuesday and then dead and ohp on Friday. Last March I tested S/B/D all in the same day and was pretty well beat for the better part of a week or so. Hoping splitting and spacing them out a couple days with some good rest, hydration, and feeding between will help.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
As a little update I'm up a couple pounds, sitting around 222-224 in the AM the past few days compared to steady at 220. I'm guessing it's water weight starting in already or maybe just a few larger meals I've convinced myself were a good idea since, ya know, steronz. 😂

Leaning towards trying quads next. I didn't bother aspirating in VG, is it something I should do in quads or delts? Not sure what the common consensus is but from what little I have read it seems like it's not really worth the trouble. Just want to make sure I'm not wrong in my thinking here before I do something foolish.

3s went well last week and 5s are feeling good this week. After work sets I've been doing the main lift again, 3x12 with ~50% +35# of chains and it's awesome. I'm still tentatively planning on testing maxes next week. Right now I'm thinking I'll probably do squat and bench on Tuesday and then dead and ohp on Friday. Last March I tested S/B/D all in the same day and was pretty well beat for the better part of a week or so. Hoping splitting and spacing them out a couple days with some good rest, hydration, and feeding between will help.
I’ve honestly aspirated twice. Once because I kept feeling a goofy twinge in a spot while pinning and I wanted to make sure I wasn’t mainlining my gear, and once because I was just plain curious. I’m of the opinion that it really isn’t necessary, but there’s no harm in doing it to make sure. Also, I personally don’t pin quads as it’s just never turned out well. Plenty of people have no problems with them, but I always managed to get nasty pip for some reason. So, they’re out of my rotation forever. Just my experience and opinions with those two things, but it’s definitely important to mix up injection sites to help avoid scar tissue formation. If that means using quads and it’s relatively painless, then I say go for it.

I think you’re going to enjoy pinning more with the 1 inch pins. As was mentioned, being able to bury those suckers helps maintain stability when pushing, which cuts down on pip to some degree. It’s all about the most painless injections since it honestly gets old after a few years. At least it did for me.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ordered 1" 25g yesterday morning after I received an email reminding me I had added them to a cart. It was clearly a sign! Ha ha. Tracking already shows expected delivery Saturday. I might push the morning shot to afternoon just to wait them out. I'm planning on picking up a shift on another job site Saturday so it may be better to wait and not try to fit it in my normal "weekday morning" routine. That was the intent with Saturday morning injections anyway.
Oh yes. I know that site lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have never aspirated and I have never pinned quads due to stories and sights I’ve seen/heard. If I were to attempt a quad I might aspirate? Just cuz it would be hella easy.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve honestly aspirated twice. Once because I kept feeling a goofy twinge in a spot while pinning and I wanted to make sure I wasn’t mainlining my gear, and once because I was just plain curious. I’m of the opinion that it really isn’t necessary, but there’s no harm in doing it to make sure. Also, I personally don’t pin quads as it’s just never turned out well. Plenty of people have no problems with them, but I always managed to get nasty pip for some reason. So, they’re out of my rotation forever. Just my experience and opinions with those two things, but it’s definitely important to mix up injection sites to help avoid scar tissue formation. If that means using quads and it’s relatively painless, then I say go for it.

I think you’re going to enjoy pinning more with the 1 inch pins. As was mentioned, being able to bury those suckers helps maintain stability when pushing, which cuts down on pip to some degree. It’s all about the most painless injections since it honestly gets old after a few years. At least it did for me.
I can imagine it gets old after a while. Right now I've honestly been wanting to increase frequency! Just eager to get going mostly. I'll be running prop a few weeks at the end so I'm sure I'll get my fill then, ha ha.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have never aspirated and I have never pinned quads due to stories and sights I’ve seen/heard. If I were to attempt a quad I might aspirate? Just cuz it would be hella easy.
That's sort of what got me thinking about trying it. I may give it a go.

I've read a few horror stories about quads as well, but to be fair I think I've read a few bad ones for about any injection site. Even had a buddy who took a shot of DHB a little low on the cheek and got a big ol' lump and discoloration. But he also said his old lady pinned him and jammed it in and dumped the plunger in about a total of 2-3sec. Ouch!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's sort of what got me thinking about trying it. I may give it a go.

I've read a few horror stories about quads as well, but to be fair I think I've read a few bad ones for about any injection site. Even had a buddy who took a shot of DHB a little low on the cheek and got a big ol' lump and discoloration. But he also said his old lady pinned him and jammed it in and dumped the plunger in about a total of 2-3sec. Ouch!
Ouch is right. That’s why I insist on self pinning. DHB to top it off! She must have been pissed at him

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can afford one specialty bar but I can't decide which I should get.

Titan Safety Squat Bar
Elite American Cambered Bar
Ohio Deadlift Bar

Main goals right now are increasing OHP and dead maxes, working on lower back and hamstring strength and adding some mass to my upper chest.

Cambered Bar seems like a good all arounder. Beneficial for pushing movements and some accessories like curls and rows.

SSB would be helpful for low back and hams. Or would be nice to use for some squat variation as well.

DL Bar seems like a good idea to help with hook grip over 300 or so. My heaviest working weight is right around 400 right now (hence needing some work!) so I'm not sure I'd get any real whip benefits but the help with grip may transfer to some increase in weight.

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can afford one specialty bar but I can't decide which I should get.

Titan Safety Squat Bar
Elite American Cambered Bar
Ohio Deadlift Bar

Main goals right now are increasing OHP and dead maxes, working on lower back and hamstring strength and adding some mass to my upper chest.

Cambered Bar seems like a good all arounder. Beneficial for pursuing movements and some accessories like curls and rows.

SSB would be helpful for low back and hams. Or would be nice to use for some squat variation as well.

DL Bar seems like a good idea to help with hook grip over 300 or so. My heaviest working weight is right around 400 right now (hence needing some work!) so I'm not sure I'd get any real whip benefits but the help with grip may transfer to some increase in weight.
Tough call. I’d personally opt for the SSB or camber bar. SSB will help save the shoulders as well if you are squatting heavy and frequently while pursuing OHP max.

Camber bars are just frigginsweet for so many uses.

That’s hard man….

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ohio bar won’t really get whippin till around 450-495. Double overhand grip and hook grip on a stiff bar will get you real mean. Then when you transfer to a DL bar you will destroy it. @Hyde sold me on these Grip Genie grippers as well. They are quite dope.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ohio bar won’t really get whippin till around 450-495. Double overhand grip and hook grip on a stiff bar will get you real mean. Then when you transfer to a DL bar you will destroy it. @Hyde sold me on these Grip Genie grippers as well. They are quite dope.
My hookgrip is finally improving suddenly thanks to just 3 sessions so far on the genies!

I have the Ohio DL bar and Titan SSB, and a Rogue multigrip bar. Hands down, if you can only get one specialty bar get that SSB. It is the most radical improver for the squat and deadlift strength, ideal for good mornings & lunges/split squats, and awesome for JM Presses when you unscrew the handles. Worth every damn penny.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My hookgrip is finally improving suddenly thanks to just 3 sessions so far on the genies!

I have the Ohio DL bar and Titan SSB, and a Rogue multigrip bar. Hands down, if you can only get one specialty bar get that SSB. It is the most radical improver for the squat and deadlift strength, ideal for good mornings & lunges/split squats, and awesome for JM Presses when you unscrew the handles. Worth every damn penny.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

Saw you guys talking about the Genie grippers the other day and was intrigued. I have a CoC 1 that I used to mess around with but haven't used it in a while. Just grabbed it and boy, my grip has suffered some losses! I got on the Grip Genie website and looked a bit, looks like a CoC 1 is roughly between a GG 2 and 3. Might grab those two and try to up my grip game!

Of the three bars the SSB is the one I've considered the longest. I really should just pull the trigger on it. I've seen it get a lot of love around here and elsewhere and for good reason it seems. I like the sound of being easy on the shoulders and helping in the posterior chain. The JMs sound interesting too.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saw you guys talking about the Genie grippers the other day and was intrigued. I have a CoC 1 that I used to mess around with but haven't used it in a while. Just grabbed it and boy, my grip has suffered some losses! I got on the Grip Genie website and looked a bit, looks like a CoC 1 is roughly between a GG 2 and 3. Might grab those two and try to up my grip game!

Of the three bars the SSB is the one I've considered the longest. I really should just pull the trigger on it. I've seen it get a lot of love around here and elsewhere and for good reason it seems. I like the sound of being easy on the shoulders and helping in the posterior chain. The JMs sound interesting too.
I was in the same boat; considered the SSB for a while. Blabbed with Hyde and ended up grabbing the Titan version. It’s a great bar. For a dude like me with a long history of knee surgeries and a shoulder surgery, it’s been very beneficial. Having not been able to squat traditionally for years, it’s really helped with rebuilding stabilizers and added some angles that have been missing for a long time. And like Hyde said, you can do quite a bit with it besides just squatting. So I’d suggest it as well even if you’re not all beat up.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was in the same boat; considered the SSB for a while. Blabbed with Hyde and ended up grabbing the Titan version. It’s a great bar. For a dude like me with a long history of knee surgeries and a shoulder surgery, it’s been very beneficial. Having not been able to squat traditionally for years, it’s really helped with rebuilding stabilizers and added some angles that have been missing for a long time. And like Hyde said, you can do quite a bit with it besides just squatting. So I’d suggest it as well even if you’re not all beat up.
I'm gonna think on it over the weekend but I'll probably end up grabbing the SSB.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
My 1" 25g showed up yesterday. Chickened out of quad and hit right vg again this morning. While I was looking at correct quad sites I stumbled upon the MPMD article warning people not to hit quads and it was successful in freaking me out, ha ha.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My 1" 25g showed up yesterday. Chickened out of quad and hit right vg again this morning. While I was looking at correct quad sites I stumbled upon the MPMD article warning people not to hit quads and it was successful in freaking me out, ha ha.
They just have a lot of nerves, and if you get an infection it’s a particularly bad place to need an abscess cut out compared to the hips or ass. But once you know the gear is good, I don’t see what the harm is if you are willing to work with the pip. You hit a nerve, it sucks but just pull out and move the needle a little.

I don’t do them because of the pip, but I’m not sworn off them forever or anything. I hit nerves in my front delts sometimes.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely liking the 1", yesterday's pin was the smoothest yet.

On the down side, I've been sleeping very poorly the past few days which is abnormal for me. I am usually a deep sleeper but I've been having long, drawn out dreams this week that are taking away from my restfulness. Lame. Not even particularly exciting dreams, just weird, boring dreams. Like last night I wrecked a car I borrowed from an old friend and then had to get it to a ferry in time to make it across the river. I don't need to waste energy on a story so lackluster! If they were sexy dreams I wouldn't be complaining, but come on now.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Tested squat today. Had planned to do bench as well but left forearm was pretty sore so I played it safe, to not risk injury and to increase my odds of good lifts on the bench! Now an hour later a lot of me is pretty sore, ha ha.

Warmed up with
10x Ohio bar
5x135
5x185
3x225
3x275
1x315
1x365
1x405
1x435

Went for it
1x460 (PR)
1x475 (this one too)
1x485 (You get the idea!)

This is the most I've ever walked out by 75#. Last time I tested squat in March '21, I hit 455 in a monolift with folks loading plates and giving cues. Pretty damn happy with the results today.

I considered going for 5 plates but decided to be happy with what I got and not actually go to failure. If I had to ballpark an RPE I would put it in the 8-9 range I think. It was not a grinder, it moved well, and I think was a solid rep with good form. It looked like I was an inch or even two above parallel, but the angle I had on the camera wasn't great. I might invest in one of those clamp on do-hickies to try and get a better idea if I'm actually hitting good depth. It felt like I was there and I didn't get out of the hole from desperation so I'm happy with it overall.