Focus XT - An expanded explanation

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
With all the use of pre-workout / ergogenics / fat burners going on, I think its a good time to offer a refresher on what exactly Focus XT is, what is does, and how it can be used for mulitple goals. I think it typically gets over simplified and called an energy drink...but is so much more than that.

What does it do:
Quite simply, it increases...FOCUS :) , ok, that was too easy. It also increase the blood flow in the brain, increases endurance, promotes the transfer of fatty acids into energy (fat buring), increases mood, and some ingredients have shown to be anti-oxidants comparable to Vitamin E in effect. There are even ingredients with clinical studies showing they support testosterone levels and improved sexual function.

When to take it:

Personally, I love it in the morning, it gives me the coffee lift I need, but so much more. Pre-workout and pre endurance events (10K / cycling etc) it should be consumed 30 minutes prior to activity to ensure all ingredients are ready to do their thing.
For studying, its best (IMO) to mix it up, and sip on it during long study sessions to maintain focus and energy during marathon study sessions.

Ok..So what is it???

Choline Bitartrate
-Choline is a substance needed by the brain to produce acetylcholine, a major brain/motor neuron neurotransmitter that facilitates the transmission of impulses between neurons. Your Muscles Will NOT Contract without Acetylcholine.
-The importance of choline for maintaining health in adults has been recognized for some time, but recent work points to its critical role in brain development.

L-Tyrosine
-L-tyrosine is one of the 20 amino acids that are used by cells to synthesize proteins.
-Tyrosine is converted to DOPA by tyrosine hydroxylase, an enzyme.
-It plays a key role in signal transduction, since it can be tagged with a phosphate group (phosphorylated) by protein kinases to alter the functionality and activity of certain enzymes. (In its phosphorylated state, it is sometimes referred to as phosphotyrosine.) Tyrosine is also precursor to the thyroid hormones; thyroxine and triiodothyronine; the pigment melanin, and the biologically-active catecholamines dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine.
-Patients with a Thyroxine deficiency have symptoms including excess weight gain, cold hands and feet, and decreased basal metabolism. L-Tyrosine has been found to assist in optimizing thyroid hormone levels, increased mood, concentration, and productivity.
-L-Tyrosine is used to treat conditions including depression or mood disorder, poor coping ability, fatigue, low sex drive, low metabolism, and drug abuse (when combined with Tryptophan). It can also improve endurance under stress and is effective as an appetite suppressant. When taken properly, L-Tyrosine can assist a sluggish thyroid and aid the dieter in losing excess, unwanted pounds.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine
-To enhance cognition.
-Involved in the metabolism of food into energy.
-Mild mental impairment in the elderly showed a significant improvement of several performances during and after Acetyl-l-carnitine treatment.
-To significantly reduce severity of depressive symptoms in the elderly.
-To significantly improve items measuring quality of life.
-Improve both spatial and temporal memory, and reduce the amount of oxidative damage to RNA in the brain's hippocampus, an area important in memory.Acetyl-l-carnitine is widely used as an energy supplement.
-Patients showed statistically significant improvements of visual memory and attention
-Studies demonstrate that ALC treatment is efficacious in alleviating symptoms, particularly pain, and improving nerve fiber regeneration and vibration perception in patients with established diabetic neuropathy
-Increase sperm mobility in men.
-It has been shown to have some anti-catabolic effects as well by preventing the decrease in plasma testosterone levels after chronic exercise stress.
-ALCAR inhibits the excessive release of Cortisol in response to Stress and inhibits the depletion of Luteinising Hormone Releasing Hormone (LHRH) and Testosterone that occurs as a result of excessive Stress.
-ALCAR increases plasma Testosterone levels (via its influence on Acetylcholine neurotransmission in the Striatal Cortex of the Brain)
-One study showed 2g each per day of L-carnitine & ALCAR beat testosterone in increasing erections and orgasms in men

DMAE
-Dimethylaminoethanol is related to choline and is a biochemical precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and found naturally in fishes like sardines and anchovies. It is reported to have nootropic effects.
-It is believed that Dimethylaminoethanol is methylated to choline in the brain. It is known that Dimethylaminoethanol is processed by the liver into choline.
-Short term studies show an increase in vigilance and alertness, with a positive influence on mood. Long term studies showed dimethylethanolamine to increase the lifespan of animals in which it was tested.. It is possible dosage is a major factor as a determinant in dimethylethanolamine's overall effects -- i.e., a higher than recommended dose may produce opposite effects in some individuals, hence, more is not always best.

Vinpocetine
-Vinpocetine has several possible actions, including increasing cerebral blood flow and metabolism, anticonvulsant, cognition enhancement, neuroprotection and antioxidant. It has also been reported to inhibit the acetylcholine release evoked by excitatory amino acids and to protect neurons against excitotoxicity.

Huperzine A
-Huperzine A, is a naturally occurring sesquiterpene alkaloid found in the extracts of the firmoss Huperzia serrata. The extract has been used in China for centuries for the treatment of swelling, fever and blood disorders. Recently in clinical trials in China, it has demonstrated neuroprotective effects. It is currently being investigated as a possible treatment for diseases characterized by neurodegeneration – particularly Alzheimer’s disease. Clinical trials in China have shown that huperzine A is comparably effective to the drugs currently on the market, and may even be a bit safer in terms of side effects.

Caffeine
-Caffeine is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant, having the effect of warding off drowsiness and restoring alertness. Beverages containing caffeine — such as coffee, tea, soda and energy drinks — enjoy popularity great enough to make caffeine the world's most popular psychoactive drug.
-The principle mode of action of caffeine is as an antagonist of adenosine receptors in the brain. The reduction in adenosine activity results in increased activity of the neurotransmitter dopamine, largely accounting for the stimulatory effect of caffeine. Caffeine can also increase levels of epinephrine, possibly via a different mechanism. Acute usage of caffeine also increases levels of serotonin, causing positive changes in mood.
-Caffeine is metabolized in the liver by the cytochrome P450 oxidase enzyme system (specifically, the 1A2 isozyme) into three metabolic dimethylxanthines, which each have their own effects on the body:
Paraxanthine (84%) – Has the effect of increasing lipolysis (Fat burning!), leading to elevated glycerol and free fatty acid levels in the blood plasma.
Theobromine (12%) – Dilates blood vessels and increases urine volume. Theobromine is also the principal alkaloid in cocoa, and therefore chocolate.
Theophylline (4%) – Relaxes smooth muscles of the bronchi, and is used to treat asthma, and increase ease of breathing.

-Caffeine is considered an ergogenic: increasing the capacity for mental or physical labor. A study conducted in 1979 showed a 7% increase in distance cycled over a period of two hours in subjects who consumed caffeine compared to control tests (Ivy et al. 1979). Other studies attained much more dramatic results; one particular study of trained runners showed a 44% increase in "race-pace" endurance, as well as a 51% increase in cycling endurance, after a dosage of 9 milligrams of caffeine per kilogram of body weight (Graham & Spriet 1991). The extensive boost shown in the runners is not an isolated case; additional studies have reported similar effects. Another study found 5.5 milligrams of caffeine per kilogram of body mass resulted in subjects cycling 29% longer during high intensity circuits (Trice & Hayes 1995).

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Excellent post skigazzi. Appreciate it.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Guess who's reppin SNS again....Hmmmm

<------------- This guy :djparty:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
where can i purchase this... it's not stocked anywhere I've checked?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
sweet, thanks.. i guess they were out last time i checked

envythahustla

Awards
Focus XT goes very well with some added sulbutiamine. I really am having too much fun with this product.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
In the future, would you plan to make this into a capped item?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In the future, would you plan to make this into a capped item?
Couldnt happen and keep the potency intact. The formula is over 10 grams of actives. If you figure avg cap volume is 750 mg, then this formula would require that u take over 14 caps per serving.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
Couldnt happen and keep the potency intact. The formula is over 10 grams of actives. If you figure avg cap volume is 750 mg, then this formula would require that u take over 14 caps per serving.
I guess I have to carry a serving in a baggie when I head to school. Thanks.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I guess I have to carry a serving in a baggie when I head to school. Thanks.
Thats what I do myself lol - not the school part but the putting it in ziplocks part.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. To have a decent Nootropic formula, you really need to have dosage this high.

Too bad it limits mainstream sales so much. :(

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Nice solid formula. It's got everything I already take seperately.

Been getting back into taking Choline...really underrated supp IMO. Been stacking it with D-Ribose and it really helps recovery..especially the day after a heavy WO.

Roughly how much caffiene per serving? I like to control my caff intake carefully to avoid crashes.

envythahustla

Awards
Nice solid formula. It's got everything I already take seperately.

Been getting back into taking Choline...really underrated supp IMO. Been stacking it with D-Ribose and it really helps recovery..especially the day after a heavy WO.

Roughly how much caffiene per serving? I like to control my caff intake carefully to avoid crashes.
It contains 200mg of caffeine per serving. Caffeine isn't listed in the prop blend.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. 200 is my preferred range. :thumbsup:

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
i just bought focusXT, and it has now become a staple of my supplementation, i feel great when i take it, focused and energized but its not a jittery energy its a steady energy

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
i just bought focusXT, and it has now become a staple of my supplementation, i feel great when i take it, focused and energized but its not a jittery energy its a steady energy
Thanks for the positive feedback on it....

jameth

Awards
I am deffinatly going to give this product a try here, if it ever becomes "in stock", here, or anywhere for that matter!

Is there any reason it seems to be sold out everywhere?

Same thing with another similar supp by another company (Psychotropin).

Is there something going on with these products?

Anyone know how long they have been "out of stock" on virtually every supp store online?

I have found a couple stores that don't specifically say its out of stock, but they dont say its in stock either, and in general look less then reputable.

Answers?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am deffinatly going to give this product a try here, if it ever becomes "in stock", here, or anywhere for that matter!

Is there any reason it seems to be sold out everywhere?

Same thing with another similar supp by another company (Psychotropin).

Is there something going on with these products?

Anyone know how long they have been "out of stock" on virtually every supp store online?

I have found a couple stores that don't specifically say its out of stock, but they dont say its in stock either, and in general look less then reputable.

Answers?
We changed the facility that makes it, and as part of that we had to do some reflavoring. That part is done. We are changing it to a 30 serving, so we are waiting on the proper bottles to be in stock to run it.

jameth

Awards
Still waiting! Checking for "In Stock" status daily!

I really want to try this product!

Time frame?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Still waiting! Checking for "In Stock" status daily!

I really want to try this product!

Time frame?
Hoping around 4 weeks

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Hoping around 4 weeks
Thank goodness. I've tried to cobble together my own version but haven't got it right. This product is the best and glad that it will be making a comeback.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Thank goodness. I've tried to cobble together my own version but haven't got it right. This product is the best and glad that it will be making a comeback.
My stopgap measure is coffee / tyrosine / Alcar (Do not mix together!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAK).

Focus XT stacked with the new RK-125 (Rasp Ketone) is bound to be a good thing in my mind.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Hmm...this thread has just reminded me I have a half tub laying around here somewhere, good sheeeiiit :D

MMABoxing

Awards
sounds like a solid supplement...its been out of stock for a while...are you guys working on a new version?

I want to try this product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sounds like a solid supplement...its been out of stock for a while...are you guys working on a new version?

I want to try this product.
Changing it to 30 servings; containers we want to use were out of stock is whats took so long

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've been bugging Steve for Focus for at least a few months.

He's getting tired of me leaving nasty voicemails on his cell.

I love that stuff for work.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
I need some focus xt for this upcoming hockey season!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nutz

Nutz

Awards
bump on this, I really wanna try this stuff as Ive got some hard studying to do soon :D

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
bump on this, I really wanna try this stuff as Ive got some hard studying to do soon :D
Well, the product is made....but the container supplier sorta dropped the ball...SOOOOO, as soon as we find something to put it in :trout:, its coming back!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Well, the product is made....but the container supplier sorta dropped the ball...SOOOOO, as soon as we find something to put it in :trout:, its coming back!
Good news and bad news. I'd take mine in ziplocs.

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
lol, seriously! Put it out in baggies, until the containers are ready. reckon you will be surprised at the amount of sales :D

jameth

Awards
I am starting to think that this product is never coming back.

This is seeming like a bad joke, stringing us along all this time, like a carrot on a stick.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I am starting to think that this product is never coming back.

This is seeming like a bad joke, stringing us along all this time, like a carrot on a stick.
I'd be very, very, very sad if there were no more Focus.

I have no idea the timetable. I just dropped Steve a line to come update us. I'm out of the loop.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
It's not magic or anything but Focus XT is really the top of the line for its class of supplement. I don't know why....but they really hit a sweet spot.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Its coming back, its just been one thing after another. The product is actually made, but the bottling company that swore they had stock of the bottles was supposed to send them for 4 straight weeks. Since alot of companies in this industry use that company, Ill publicly state that it was Forte that was lying about having stock on the bottles for almost a month and delayed the project.

We are waiting on bottles from another vendor hopefully this week.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I look forward to the happy announcement that Focus XT is finally back.