Fit for February 14th... Or Dead Lift in a DRESS!!!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Indeed he does, I'd recommend him to anyone really. Just sent a lady friend of mine to him. Poor girl was put on fish veggies and egg whites at 18 weeks out, cardio 5-7 days a week (LISS). He's getting her straightened out. He's very good at consulting with people not just saying here's what to eat now eat it lol. Been there done that shyt. Okay legs were not having it today upon rising. I can't remember the last time my legs were this sore. So I did another Chest and Shoulder session HS INCLINE PRESS 2x10 warmup 6x10 -pyramiding up until failure at ten reps SLIGHT INCLINE SMITH BB PRESS -pyramid up with sets of 8 until failed at 8 then do double drop set 6 sets FLAT DB TWIST PRESS 3x12 ONE ARM PEC DECK SS STRETCH PUSH UP - 4 reps one arm then 4 reps other arm (repeat) then 2 reps ea arm equals one set straight into push ups Did 3 sets SEATED DB REAR LATERALS 4x20 STRICT SEATED SIDE LATERALS 3x15 WIDE GRIP PRESS 3x8 REVERSE PEC DECK 4x30 Stairs HIIT 15 mins Ab WOD 3x15
I hired one a few years ago like that. No progress in 6 weeks. I paid for a year up front never heard from him again. So far with my new coach he's been great with answering questions. He's got me on a similar pattern to how I was eating, but I feel like it's too much but we've all seen him and I KNOW if there's issues he will adapt and adjust. And he's working with me on the foods I can stomach. Prior to my first coach all I ate was breasts and egg whites. They make me wanna puke now so he's keeping it to a minimum.

As far as matty and his wife are concerned, I may send my woman their way. She doesn't work out but I think dietary changes alone will help her significantly. She's a great chick, used to be hot but 50lbs later...

That looked like a good lift man. Hit up that roller. It's worlds of difference. Love the thing! Hurts so good!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah lots of good things to happen here soon. I can tell you I seem to be improving by the day. I need to do my progress pics tonight or first thing in the AM for Coach. I can tell I am leaning up nicely. Going to crush some weights on upper body tonight and then try a leg day tomorrow.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I hired one a few years ago like that. No progress in 6 weeks. I paid for a year up front never heard from him again. So far with my new coach he's been great with answering questions. He's got me on a similar pattern to how I was eating, but I feel like it's too much but we've all seen him and I KNOW if there's issues he will adapt and adjust. And he's working with me on the foods I can stomach. Prior to my first coach all I ate was breasts and egg whites. They make me wanna puke now so he's keeping it to a minimum. As far as matty and his wife are concerned, I may send my woman their way. She doesn't work out but I think dietary changes alone will help her significantly. She's a great chick, used to be hot but 50lbs later... That looked like a good lift man. Hit up that roller. It's worlds of difference. Love the thing! Hurts so good!
Yeah the funny thing is her coach was my old coaches coach lol. No wonder I got dieted into the ground. A good coach would've told her she wasn't ready to compete and need to build that metabolism back up.

I'm really stoked that you're working with Steve!!! He knows his shyt for sure. Excited to see where this takes you buddy.

Yeah lots of good things to happen here soon. I can tell you I seem to be improving by the day. I need to do my progress pics tonight or first thing in the AM for Coach. I can tell I am leaning up nicely. Going to crush some weights on upper body tonight and then try a leg day tomorrow.
Good stuff buddy!!! Excited to watch you do magic these last four weeks.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the funny thing is her coach was my old coaches coach lol. No wonder I got dieted into the ground. A good coach would've told her she wasn't ready to compete and need to build that metabolism back up.

I'm really stoked that you're working with Steve!!! He knows his shyt for sure. Excited to see where this takes you buddy.

Good stuff buddy!!! Excited to watch you do magic these last four weeks.
Yeah Steve will get him where he needs to be too. Right now I am doing a lot of fish and greens, this weekend I will pull the trigger on the next phase of this journey then will see differences very quickly.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Everyone's going to be makin all kinds of gainZ with these great coaches!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Everyone's going to be makin all kinds of gainZ with these great coaches!
I hope man. I'd like to be this weight but very lean 10%ish in the near future before I ever touch gh.

I know what kleen is capable of and bean idk why he's here he's already pretty big and lean lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope man. I'd like to be this weight but very lean 10%ish in the near future before I ever touch gh.

I know what kleen is capable of and bean idk why he's here he's already pretty big and lean lol
Because he wants to be bigger leaner and stronger!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
for feeling a bit under the weather (stayed home sick yesterday, got home early today and did some sleeping) and not being able to even hit 1500 kcal since tuesday my lift went fairly well today. hit chesticles and shoulders. actually some pretty epic #'s if you ask me. deviated slightly from the week 9 meadows.

flat bench -3 sets, biggest set was 100'sx16. wish we had heavier...
bb inclines- big set was 315x3.5 then 1.5 force. my spotter jumped me a little early i had 4 in me.
flat bb bench with a pause 5x3 @225 then i decided to do a burn set for 21 at 225.

rear delt pec deck. heavy set was the full stack-225-for 8 reps. it also happened to be a triple drop set
machine side laterals. 4 sets of 16. first 8 of each set was with my partner leaning on the stack. heaviest set was 150x7
rear delt destroyers. 50,30,12.5. my partner doesnt know how to divide by 2 and i was too lazy to get the 25s since it was close anyways.

all sorts of blood in my delts and chest right now. i probably look pretty swole. as a courtesy i will not be posting my nutritional values meal count or anything else. appologies to those who were curious i wont disrespect.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Ummmmm... where be Dan? He still up in a tree somewhere?
I remember him mentioning he had life to take care of but he'd still be lifting. I'm pretty sure his hunting season is over by now.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember him mentioning he had life to take care of but he'd still be lifting. I'm pretty sure his hunting season is over by now.
Thanks for the update... was just curious if anyone had heard. Glad all is well with him.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm still here! Lol was without a phone for a few days because I spilled a can of monster zero on it. And was out of town for work last week for a few days. Life's been hectic to say the least. I've still been popping In and checking up on everyone. Just haven't had much to add. Thanks for the concern though!...and yeah my hunting season is over lol

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Took some progress pics for the coach. Definitely need to go get sized... Here's a taste. Of how bad it is. That's cold no flex out of bed.

image-1088926489.jpg

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I'm still here! Lol was without a phone for a few days because I spilled a can of monster zero on it. And was out of town for work last week for a few days. Life's been hectic to say the least. I've still been popping In and checking up on everyone. Just haven't had much to add. Thanks for the concern though!...and yeah my hunting season is over lol
Glad you're alive buddy :). How's ECA treating you?

Bro day!!

V BAR PUSH DOWN
3x12 warmup

--QUAD SETS--

V BAR
4x12

BENCH DIPS
4x20

PRONATED KICKBACKS
4x7

HS SEATED DIP MACHINE
4x6

- no rest between exercises about 45 sec rest between quad sets

STANDING DB CURL
4x10

EZ BAR PREACHER CURLS
4x6

EZ BAR CURLS (3 sec decent)
4x6

REVERSE EZ BAR CURLS
3x12

STANDING CALF RAISES
10x10

BANDED TIBIA RAISES
10x10

20 min LISS

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Took some progress pics for the coach. Definitely need to go get sized... Here's a taste. Of how bad it is. That's cold no flex out of bed.
At least its obv you've got a lot of muscle to display once the bf comes down some. That broad back is gonna look gooded peeled down some, no doubt.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
At least its obv you've got a lot of muscle to display once the bf comes down some. That broad back is gonna look gooded peeled down some, no doubt.
Exactly my thoughts buddy. Jelly of that back

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That was his back? I though it was an over head shot of a B52 bomber!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Just need some leg work.. Wanna help outline a leg plan?

Exactly my thoughts buddy. Jelly of that back
Your jacked and lean. No need for jelly unless you got some natty almond butter

That was his back? I though it was an over head shot of a B52 bomber!
Lmao. Not sure what to say other than that is awesome

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just need some leg work.. Wanna help outline a leg plan?
Sure. Lift heavy-ass weights :) I think squatting is imperative, & personally as it's fast-twitch dominant 6-8 heavy reps/set is ideal. Legpress @ 8-14 reps always felt like it did a lot of damage, soreness-wise. But also, I put on thigh size best with legpresses, to the extent that I cut them out for a long time until recently to keep from getting too unbalanced. If you need more glute & abs, there's Jefferson Lifts. They really burn my abs. Extensions @ 10-16 seem like a no-brainer for that extra quad, & decidedly pointing the toes in or out makes a big difference in where you feel the quad burn, so pay attention to that.

I don't even do calves now, but they did blow up on super-heavy calves. I'm talking 6-8 reps for 4-5 sets. Totally against convention, but that's the only thing to ever make a difference for me.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Sure. Lift heavy-ass weights :) I think squatting is imperative, & personally as it's fast-twitch dominant 6-8 heavy reps/set is ideal. Legpress @ 8-14 reps always felt like it did a lot of damage, soreness-wise. But also, I put on thigh size best with legpresses, to the extent that I cut them out for a long time until recently to keep from getting too unbalanced. If you need more glute & abs, there's Jefferson Lifts. They really burn my abs. Extensions @ 10-16 seem like a no-brainer for that extra quad, & decidedly pointing the toes in or out makes a big difference in where you feel the quad burn, so pay attention to that. I don't even do calves now, but they did blow up on super-heavy calves. I'm talking 6-8 reps for 4-5 sets. Totally against convention, but that's the only thing to ever make a difference for me.
I agree with Hyde and I'll add the banded variation and 3 sec neg on leg press had really helped my legs. My upper thighs have the nastiest stretch marks and I'm ok with it haha.

I really like pushing yourself past the point of exhaustion as well. Whether that's going to failure then resting 10 secs and doing it again etc.

I would also maybe throw a second leg day in nothing crazy but doing this has also helped a ton. Takes about 2 weeks of training through the soreness to adapt but well worth it IMO. Playing around with some better peri workout nutrition as well will help your recovery. I'm a firm believer in this now!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Sure. Lift heavy-ass weights :) I think squatting is imperative, & personally as it's fast-twitch dominant 6-8 heavy reps/set is ideal. Legpress @ 8-14 reps always felt like it did a lot of damage, soreness-wise. But also, I put on thigh size best with legpresses, to the extent that I cut them out for a long time until recently to keep from getting too unbalanced. If you need more glute & abs, there's Jefferson Lifts. They really burn my abs. Extensions @ 10-16 seem like a no-brainer for that extra quad, & decidedly pointing the toes in or out makes a big difference in where you feel the quad burn, so pay attention to that. I don't even do calves now, but they did blow up on super-heavy calves. I'm talking 6-8 reps for 4-5 sets. Totally against convention, but that's the only thing to ever make a difference for me.
I agree with Hyde and I'll add the banded variation and 3 sec neg on leg press had really helped my legs. My upper thighs have the nastiest stretch marks and I'm ok with it haha. I really like pushing yourself past the point of exhaustion as well. Whether that's going to failure then resting 10 secs and doing it again etc. I would also maybe throw a second leg day in nothing crazy but doing this has also helped a ton. Takes about 2 weeks of training through the soreness to adapt but well worth it IMO. Playing around with some better peri workout nutrition as well will help your recovery. I'm a firm believer in this now!
Thanks gentlemen. I'm thinking a second leg day is in order honestly. I squat heavy, bands and no bands, leg press etc etc. my legs have decent separation and definition, just lacking in thickness and overall size. I was thinking of throwing legs II in on Thursday with back but since those are essentially 2 of the biggest muscle groups in the body it may not be as good of an idea as it seems. Thoughts?

My reasoning is I'll be pulling a bit more frequently. So I'll get the quad ham and glute work, then crush some leg presses at the end?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think if the legs are a focus you should definitely add in an extra day like a dead lift and leg press day where everything gets worked hard and not a lot of wasted movements. You can add in a couple exercises for back width and back thickness exercises to this and have your second day easily.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think if the legs are a focus you should definitely add in an extra day like a dead lift and leg press day where everything gets worked hard and not a lot of wasted movements. You can add in a couple exercises for back width and back thickness exercises to this and have your second day easily.
FWIW, my thoughts exactly. Legs & back have a ton of tie-in, & since you're looking to pull anyway you're killing 2 birds with one stone. After you pull finish each half off with bang for buck exercises with decent volume.

Only Chuck Norris can kill 2 stones with one bird, though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Most powerlifters squat 2x/wk too, & you see some broad ole chicken thighs on most guys with giant squats. So the extra volume certainly can't hurt that endeavor. Most ppl respond well to more frequency when trying to bring up lagging parts. I'm just brosciencing here, but I believe what I'm saying fully.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Most powerlifters squat 2x/wk too, & you see some broad ole chicken thighs on most guys with giant squats. So the extra volume certainly can't hurt that endeavor. Most ppl respond well to more frequency when trying to bring up lagging parts. I'm just brosciencing here, but I believe what I'm saying fully.
I do too that's why I'm thinking 2 a weeks for the next several months. That's why my chest and shoulders are where they're at. I strongly feel I should have a much bigger squat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree increased frequency on a weak part with normal frequency on other body parts is a recipe for success!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay I have had 2 nice lifts the past couple days. I reverted back to push pull and legs at least for one cycle. Trying to give the legs a minute to recover after pulling whatever this is. Tomorrow will be either a leg day with some cardio after more than likely. Probably just some leg curls and leg extensions we shall see how things feel tomorrow with the inner legs.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Late summer/fall I squatted 5x/wk, only one true workset/day, for 8 wks (actually 9 but had to take an off wk, can't remember why, but my knees needed it bad anyway). It was hell on my knees (thankfully bought Titan knee sleeves early on that made it bearable), but I was off-cycle the whole time & I swear my legs got bigger/denser. I couldn't believe it, but I really think they made gains, even without hormones or lots of volume - sheer frequency was forcing them to buck up and change to deal with the stress.

Only 3 days had a full squat at 5, 1, & 3 reps @ x%, the 4th day was an overloaded half rep & the 5th was a boxsquat performed just above parallel (like off a gym flat bench) that you sat back & broke the coil of stored energy, making it way harder. I'm not recommending this at all for mass gains, just adding that even this made noticeable changes.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Late summer/fall I squatted 5x/wk, only one true workset/day, for 8 wks (actually 9 but had to take an off wk, can't remember why, but my knees needed it bad anyway). It was hell on my knees (thankfully bought Titan knee sleeves early on that made it bearable), but I was off-cycle the whole time & I swear my legs got bigger/denser. I couldn't believe it, but I really think they made gains, even without hormones or lots of volume - sheer frequency was forcing them to buck up and change to deal with the stress. Only 3 days had a full squat at 5, 1, & 3 reps @ x%, the 4th day was an overloaded half rep & the 5th was a boxsquat performed just above parallel (like off a gym flat bench) that you sat back & broke the coil of stored energy, making it way harder. I'm not recommending this at all for mass gains, just adding that even this made noticeable changes.
I've considered playing with the smolov program and similar. You ran that with your cyano correct?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've considered playing with the smolov program and similar. You ran that with your cyano correct?
Nope, it was after that cycle (dheas bridging cyano & msten). I squat 450 thru parallel in off-time, breaking my 445 on msten. Barely, but I got it. I couldn't have did 5 more lbs, but at least I maintained my strength in off-time with all that squatting. Grew into the cycle strength, if you will.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last nights chest shoulders triceps workout

Single Arm Pec Deck 135x13+5+5+5
Decline Press with Bands - 90x15, 125x10>90x13+3+3+3+3+3

Neutral Grip Shoulder Press 95x15, 115x14+5+5+5
Wide Grip Upright Rows 70x20, 90x15+5+5+5

Dips 40, & 30
Cable Skull Crusher - 90x15, 115x15+5+5+5

Todays Back Biceps and Rear Delts lift

CHin Ups - WU 165x15 PD, Chins - 13 +3+3+3+3+3

HS High Rows 115x15+5+5+5

Preacher Curls 95x15+5+5+3

EZ Bar Reverse Curl - 55x15+5+3+3+3

Rear Delt Pulley Flies - 35x20 for 3 sets

Face Pull from low pully 75x15+5+5+5

DB Shrugs 75x20, 85x15, 95x15

Work felt great hopefully tomorrow I feel up to a full on leg workout. We shall see!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't think my legs could take that. That's insane.
At first, you're in denial of what you're doing. Then, when pains start to show up in wk 3 or so, the realization that you've committed to do this for 2 months starts to set in. By wk 6 you view squatting as "How every workout ever & most evenings of the wk begin." You just show up, drop your bag by the rack, & get under it & go. Just another day in the office. Your form gets pretty strong by the end of the program.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did you seriously do 40 reps of dips in one set, Kleen???
Yes Sir! I have done 50 before but when I am dipping a lot. It seems that is a pretty strong angle for me.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Thought I'd throw this up, kinda my progression over 2.5-3 years in 4 photos lol. A lot of other in between photos.

The top two are the beginning. The first (top left was June 11 the 2nd (top right) was November 11

The bottom left was 6 weeks out from my show last year and obviously the bottom rt was a few days ago. The bottom two are sane bathroom but the left one I was a bit closer to the mirror (and a bit leaner). I see growth in legs for sure and I think upper body in general.

Thoughts?

Attachments

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously, that's June to November progress?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Did you work with a coach or anything?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Winning. My bfast is a cap of Hyper T2, 500mg razz ketones, & a cap of recompadrol w/ black coffee. Here comes some almonds & swai lol.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
*gag noise*

Beef went bad... Sad beast. Ground beef it is

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice pictures Justin! Progress is obvious in all of them you are definitely much thicker now than last year although you are not much leaner there. You have really made some strides in your physique brother! Here is my pics dry and just woke up earlier. Will be doing a cleanse the next day so we shall see how I look after being cleaned out... I am definitely growing in spite of my low calories and things are tightening up a lot in the outer extremities and I am noticing more definition in the back and oblique tie ins. However the scale does not lie when it says you have put on over 5 lbs muscle this run while keeping a serious caloric deficit!

1-19-14 Progress 208-8 lbs.jpg