First time MST ZMK user, and Outbreak Nutrition Rise log.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I decided to give ZMK a go because of MST's awesome sale, and desired to try a test booster. I browsed around to see what was out there, and found one called Rise, by Outbreak Nutrition. I could not find anyone else's logging experience with it on any forums, but the profile looked good, and I said, "hey, why don't I test it, and log it, and let you guys know". So I purchased two bottles of each supplement.

Why do I want a natural test booster, and quality ZMA? Due to my wife recently having a newborn, a toddler who's also hindered my sleep, getting sick on and off the last couple months, I feel as though my testosterone levels may of suffered. My sleep has certainly suffered. I have never really used a quality ZMA supplement, and I heard ZMK is the best, and Rise looks like it could really give me optimal test levels. I also ordered a bottle of KSM 66, that has 150mg KSM 66 extract in it because Rise only has 500mg.

My height is 5'10"
Weight varies from 172-175
BF% between 12-14%

Diet is John Keifers carb backloading; modified ketogenic diet that incorporates carbs.

Things I should expect:
Increased sex drive
Lean muscle gain
Improved sleep quality
Increased aggression
Increased physical energy
Increased strength
Feeling good overall
Remaining dry
Stress relief

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here are the profiles for ZMK and Rise
20190110_001258.jpeg
20190110_001304.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I took my first dose of ZMK this evening. Will report on how my sleep was, restfulness upon waking, and dreams.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! In on this!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 1
Eventually fell asleep, do not recall any dream, and awakened in the middle of the night. Took a while to fall back asleep. Had an odd dream I vaguely remember. Awakened. Fell back asleep, and had a bizarre dream. I was going to see a new Mission Impossoble movie at AMC, and i noticed a raven, the size of a man, crawling on the screen. I complained to a worker about it, asking them to get pest control out, and they said if it becomes an issue they will. IT IS A BIRD THE SIZE OF A MAN, IT IS AN ISSUE. Anyway, the movie started, and the bird came off of the screen, and landed on the row of seats I was sitting in. It was crawling over people, and made it's way to me. Once standing on top of me, it started to get violent with me, this man sized raven. I'm holding it at bay, holding its beek so it does not peck my eyes out, and I ended up wrestling it to the ground, and contorting it until I hear many of it's bones snap. It was dead. An employee said I looked agitated, and I told them I was because I did what they should of taken care of. Weird dream. Out of bed now, I don't feel especially rested today due to how many times I had awakened; may be due to the snow storm moving in. I am very sensetive to changing pressure systems.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did a chest workout today. I haven't felt this weak in a long while. The lack of sleep is catching up, the effects of my colds are catching up. Think I will take a couple rest days. See how well ZMK treats me in the rest and recovery process; have heard people tout it has aided recovery. Will take about an hour before bed tonight. Not going to start Rise for a few days.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 2 experiences

Took a little while for me to fall asleep once in bed. Once I was asleep, I woke up less frequently than the previous night. Had a vivid dream, which was longer than the one I had last night. This morning, I am not as tired as last morning, but I am still tired. I need to get to bed before 12.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 3

I was able to fall asleep faster. Dreaming was vivid. I have been having weird dreams of work since I have been on leave of absence. I never used to dream of work in the past. When I had wakened in the middle of the night, I was able to fall asleep again much quicker. Being awake this morning, I have more energy and drive than the previous two days.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
I would either use ZMK or Rise but not both, the issue is the higher than normal dose of Zinc between the two (the RDA is about 8mg and the NIH considers 40 mgs a day to be the upper limit for adults)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would either use ZMK or Rise but not both, the issue is the higher than normal dose of Zinc between the two (the RDA is about 8mg and the NIH considers 40 mgs a day to be the upper limit for adults)
I thought about that. But the extra magnesium and copper counter the negatives of the extra zinc. That and minerals leave me at a higher rate than most seeing as I am in ketosis. I run through water like nothing.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did a back, forearm, biceps split. Was a good workout. Good pump, good vascularity, good volume, good endurance. The better sleep, and KSM66 has helped my stress levels. I feel better, have a greater drive, and am more clear minded.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Post Vector pictures, havent been on Vector for over a week. Pictures taken today.
VideoCapture_20190112-202525.jpeg
VideoCapture_20190112-202431.jpeg
VideoCapture_20190112-202557.jpeg

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very interested in how Rise treats you.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And for the record, I am not expecting these supplements to be anything like AAS. I understand that sleep, nutrition, and training will be what makes or breaks my physique goals, and overall health.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 4
Am now including Rise

Took a while to fall asleep due to lower back pain, and crying newborn. I caved in and took 5 ibuprofen, and eventually fell asleep when it kicked in. I hate using medicine, but not sleeping would be worse. I dreamed a vivid dream, pretty long, of a seductress that over the course of the dream revealed her true nature; a wicked hag. I awoke, and am much dryer than previous days, even feeling dry right socket shoulder joint, and I never get that. Looks like arimistane in Rise is good at drying you out. Had a spontaneous erection as well in the morning.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 5

ZMK does not appear to sedate me, or cause me to go to sleep in a much quicker fashion. Others have reported it did for them. When I do fall asleep, it appears to be deeper than before I was taking ZMK. Dreams are vivid, and longer. I may awaken a few times through the night, which I did, but when I fall asleep again, back in dream land. I did awaken again with morning wood, which I attribute to Rise. After as much Papa John's I had last night, I woke up not bloated (carb backloading), and relatively dry. I feel good this morning, mentally and physically.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Night 5

ZMK does not appear to sedate me, or cause me to go to sleep in a much quicker fashion. Others have reported it did for them. When I do fall asleep, it appears to be deeper than before I was taking ZMK. Dreams are vivid, and longer. I may awaken a few times through the night, which I did, but when I fall asleep again, back in dream land. I did awaken again with morning wood, which I attribute to Rise. After as much Papa John's I had last night, I woke up not bloated (carb backloading), and relatively dry. I feel good this morning, mentally and physically.
haha I work for Papa Johns as a delivery driver. Its been a while since I ate pizza, because ive been watching my waistline; however yesterday I ate three slices, went to the gym, did cardio and socialized. and felt really good. Usually when i go its to weight train, but ive been under a lot of stress, and cardio and socializing, if I find people to socialize with is fun for me.

ZMK is quality minerals and you are right the copper balances Zinc out. I say 50 mgs give or take is fine. I wouldnt go over 75 mgs zinc-that's just me. Too much Zinc causes an uncomfortable stomach and you'll know it if you take too much.

I've tried various ways of taking ZMK . ive tried two in am and two pm. Ive tried two in the evening and two at night. Ive tried four before bed. Fpur before bed definitely seemed to make me ease into sleep much faster and even forget about brushing and flossing, which I didn't like because I do it every day.

Ive been having sleep issues myself, and it will catch up with you. Job performance, mental performance, and even getting frustrated with people . Sleep is so crucial. Ive been trying melatonin , started at 6 mgs and now at 9 mgs. 9 worked better than six the second night. This past night, I may have gotten five hours. Same thing happened I wake up and , go back to sleep, and wake up. keep up the great effort getting your sleep schedule and pattern the way you desire because it takes a lot of work, but sleep is unoridarly important for everything.

MySTeek any secrets for drifting off to sleep at a desired time, mine is two am, and sleeping all the way through,(minus bathroom breaks if necessary), and awaking rejuvenated in eight hours?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
haha I work for Papa Johns as a delivery driver. Its been a while since I ate pizza, because ive been watching my waistline; however yesterday I ate three slices, went to the gym, did cardio and socialized. and felt really good. Usually when i go its to weight train, but ive been under a lot of stress, and cardio and socializing, if I find people to socialize with is fun for me.

ZMK is quality minerals and you are right the copper balances Zinc out. I say 50 mgs give or take is fine. I wouldnt go over 75 mgs zinc-that's just me. Too much Zinc causes an uncomfortable stomach and you'll know it if you take too much.

I've tried various ways of taking ZMK . ive tried two in am and two pm. Ive tried two in the evening and two at night. Ive tried four before bed. Fpur before bed definitely seemed to make me ease into sleep much faster and even forget about brushing and flossing, which I didn't like because I do it every day.

Ive been having sleep issues myself, and it will catch up with you. Job performance, mental performance, and even getting frustrated with people . Sleep is so crucial. Ive been trying melatonin , started at 6 mgs and now at 9 mgs. 9 worked better than six the second night. This past night, I may have gotten five hours. Same thing happened I wake up and , go back to sleep, and wake up. keep up the great effort getting your sleep schedule and pattern the way you desire because it takes a lot of work, but sleep is unoridarly important for everything.
Had 4 slices of the extra large, pepperoni and beef, and some cheese sticks. Got it all free, so why not. And doing a keto variation, the carbs get sucked up into my muscle instead of me using it as fuel. Sleep quality has been progressively getting better, and once my work leave is over, my schedule will be regulated, and more rigid again.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Homeade spagetti with a tall glass of milk.
20190114_194513.jpeg

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
In! Hope you genuinely enjoy ZMK, man. It's my favorite MST supp hands down.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In! Hope you genuinely enjoy ZMK, man. It's my favorite MST supp hands down.
Don't have a consensus now, too early obviously, but so far it appears to help me not fall asleep, but when I am asleep, be in deep sleep.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
I'll be watching and monitoring for any perceived cognitive benefits as well ;). Enjoy!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll be watching and monitoring for any perceived cognitive benefits as well ;). Enjoy!
That would be a plus with life being hectic right now!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 6

Falling asleep was a but quicker than the last few days. I slept deeply for a long period of time, with vivid dreams before awakening. Fell back to sleep again, and back into a vivid dream. Finally got up at 9am, jumped out of bed to begin breakfast. Good energy levels. Body feels rested. Not too sore or achy. Libido high upon waking, probably due to Rise. Not bloated, still pretty dry, even after the big spaghetti dinner.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So far, I can say that ZMK is better than your basic run of the mill ZMA supplement. I have used a couple cheap basic ZMA supplements, and ZMK provides a more quality sleep, and consistent vivid dreams, so far. I had also been previously taking 500mg magnesium glycinate by itself before bed daily, and ZMK is definitely better than solo magnesium run.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
So far, I can say that ZMK is better than your basic run of the mill ZMA supplement. I have used a couple cheap basic ZMA supplements, and ZMK provides a more quality sleep, and consistent vivid dreams, so far. I had also been previously taking 500mg magnesium glycinate by itself before bed daily, and ZMK is definitely better than solo magnesium run.
So happy to hear it! Are you dosing all before bed?

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interested to hear the continued feedback as I'm getting ready to try ZMK as well.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Drink a lot of coffee or preworkout? That may be what’s interrupting your sleep...Been lookin at Rise too, good log!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Drink a lot of coffee or preworkout? That may be what’s interrupting your sleep...Been lookin at Rise too, good log!
I have a pre workout drink on training days, latest I would drink would be 3pm. Don't drink coffee, or other caffeinated drinks. Issue is my daily schedule is temporarily out of whack.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 7

My mind made it difficult for me to fall asleep quickly, but when I did, the sleep was deep, and the dreams were lengthy, in depth, and vivid. Had a short dream of a home invasion; pounding on mg door, asked who it was, continued pounding, I unlock the door, crack it, couple men kick the door open, the first guy entering has a shotgun. Dream ends. I awaken refreshed. Alert. Rested. Libido and sensitivity has been heightened which I attribute to Rise, and p5p in ZMK. General well being of feeling good I attribute to Rise, and it's KSM. I hit legs yesterday. Many sets of squats, and then many sets on the hack squat machine, with calf raises. I am surprised my legs are not as sore today, but sore none the less. Hitting back, biceps, and abs today

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Article of a real man^^^

My back, bicep, ab workout was great. Great intensity, a lot of volume. Great pump. Great vascularity. Very dry look.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 8

Woke up multiple times, but had many vivid dreams, of which I cannot remember. When I got up in the morning, was dreary, and probably due to the weather. I am sensetive to storm systems moving in. As of now I feel good. Libido from Rise is definitely heightened; not helping that my wife still healing from labor. Today is rest day, so no gym experiences. Biceps sore today though, back and abs not too sore. May need to move to Arizona if I want to stay clear of constant storm systems.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Night 7

My mind made it difficult for me to fall asleep quickly, but when I did, the sleep was deep, and the dreams were lengthy, in depth, and vivid. Had a short dream of a home invasion; pounding on mg door, asked who it was, continued pounding, I unlock the door, crack it, couple men kick the door open, the first guy entering has a shotgun. Dream ends. I awaken refreshed. Alert. Rested. Libido and sensitivity has been heightened which I attribute to Rise, and p5p in ZMK. General well being of feeling good I attribute to Rise, and it's KSM. I hit legs yesterday. Many sets of squats, and then many sets on the hack squat machine, with calf raises. I am surprised my legs are not as sore today, but sore none the less. Hitting back, biceps, and abs today
You clearly know what you are taking and how to measure what is doing what. Good log so far!
Give it time. The world will start pumping out soldiers again. We need to get through this social media me era first. Once more people realize how dangerous that is, the world will hopefully start changing for the better. I have faith.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I ended up getting extra copper, 2mg caps, which I will add with the ZMK and Rise dose, because of the extra zinc from Rise.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 9

Did not take too long to fall asleep. Had a prolonged period of deep sleep, and vivid dreaming. Hate how my dreams are pertaining to work; what a waist of the vividness of them. Livido heightened in the morning. Felt rested, able to take on the day. Vascular and lean looking. When I hit the gym, the dryness is sure to come out. Taking enough Boron to supposedly free more testosterone, and taking enough KSM 66 to supposedly increase total test levels. Am over a week now with ZMK, and about a week with Rise.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weight 173 with gym clothing on. Subtract a lb for clothing, will say 172. 2pm

Am slightly lowering calories from what I was previously in taking. Lowering my fat intake. Goal is to gain lean mass, not fat. Would rather gain lean mass slowly, than a combo of fat and lean mass.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Night 9

Did not take too long to fall asleep. Had a prolonged period of deep sleep, and vivid dreaming. Hate how my dreams are pertaining to work; what a waist of the vividness of them. Livido heightened in the morning. Felt rested, able to take on the day. Vascular and lean looking. When I hit the gym, the dryness is sure to come out. Taking enough Boron to supposedly free more testosterone, and taking enough KSM 66 to supposedly increase total test levels. Am over a week now with ZMK, and about a week with Rise.
Has work been stressful? It would make sense that you are dreaming about them, trying to sort out whatever issue(s) you are having.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has work been stressful? It would make sense that you are dreaming about them, trying to sort out whatever issue(s) you are having.
Been on leave of abscense for a month to take care of family. Got a newborn that came Dec 20. Not really meditating on work much, so I guess since I am not working, my mind is making up work scenarios lol.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Been on leave of abscense for a month to take care of family. Got a newborn that came Dec 20. Not really meditating on work much, so I guess since I am not working, my mind is making up work scenarios lol.
Aha!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 10

Had insomnia. The minerals, nor KSM could get me to sleep in a quick action. Took a long time to fall asleep. I eventually did, went into a vivid dream state, and woke up around 9am. Feeling generally tired, and not wanting to get out of bed. But the toddler calls, and I must answer. Very groggy due to the insomnia, and storm system moving in.

I did pick up energy, and a good sense of well being as the day progressed. Had the best leg workout I have had in a long time. Many sets on the squat, getting up to 275 for 5 reps, and 405 on hack squat for 5 reps. Attempting to hit legs twice a week. This was the second leg workout in the week, and better than my first. Beautiful thing, as I really want to focus on leg growth.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 11

Was very sore body wise last night from my workout. Feared it would effect my ability to fall asleep. Surprisingly, my body being sore, and a mucus issue starting in my throat did not stop me from being able to fall asleep. Long vivid dream awaited me as I slept. Woke up once, and fell back asleep to another dream. Abs, lower back, legs all sore. Mucus issues still here. I am over with winter. Other than being sore, and having mucus issues, I feel good overall.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great log, I have used Rise during pct in the past and would use it again.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Very thorough log so far. I hope to see you do some other MST reviews in the future!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Very thorough log so far. I hope to see you do some other MST reviews in the future!
Funds very limited for a while. Start work back up Thursday. Hopefully y'all will do some logging opportunities in the future that I may be able to sign up for.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Night 12

Cytokines heightened last night, mucus filling my sinuses; appears I have a respiratory infection. Very difficult to breathe out of nose. Fortunately, I was able to fall asleep, and remained asleep from around 1am to 530am. Awoke to use restroom, and take mucinex. Was able to fall asleep again, and awoke at around 8am. Am consistently having long and vivid dreams every night; guess I am getting into deep sleep every night. Most are not interesting enough to try an remember though. Existing in the morning was hard because of this virus/infection, but as the day went on, as I forced breakfast in me, I feel better. Libido was heightened upon waking around 8am as well, and good sign, especially since I have a cold again. No cramping in my muscles. Overall sore because of heightened cytokines, so cannot speak of recovery benefits at the moment unfortunately. May God bring healing into me. Forced myself to hit back in the gym, just to create protein synthesis in the lats, and biceps. Protein synthesis will provide an anabolic state rather than a catabolic one; workout even if you do not feel good, to at least retain lean mass. The workout was very difficult. I am sure next week I will feel twice as better, and can gauge ZMK and Rise once I get over these blasted colds. Give me late spring already.