Finally decided to post

Music Muscle

Awards
Hi,

I've been reading the posts for over a year and finally decided to say hello. I'm 50, and have been working out seriously for the last few years (taking several years off due to a back injury). I'm currently using the workouts in Ian King's Get Buffed.

John
Chicago

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Glad you decided to start participating! :welcome:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:welcome:

The over 35 section will love you! :)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if we can carry a tune, but we have a pretty good time around here.

Welcome.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
Welcome aboard! I'm a so-so musician. I played guitar for quite a few years (mostly classical tho, but dabbled w/ an accoustic I had and an electric I had for abt 2 weeks). I got into drumming for about a year- but ended up selling my set for not-so-good reasons. I'm really interested in learning to play the djembe still. It's got a really good sound to imo.

5KnuckleShuffle

Awards
Welcome Music Muscle!:cheers:
Glad to hear you were able to return to working out!
I wrecked my back and had to take a year off and was thankfully able to return to lifting as well.:woohoo:
Glad you have joined us here! See you around the boards!:)

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
welcome to AM, MM. I play trumpet; psychedelic funk, jazz, and electro-groove. And I don't lift weights or anything, but I take a lot of supplements, which is why I hang around here...

....just kidding. ;)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Welcome aboard! I'm a so-so musician. I played guitar for quite a few years (mostly classical tho, but dabbled w/ an accoustic I had and an electric I had for abt 2 weeks). I got into drumming for about a year- but ended up selling my set for not-so-good reasons. I'm really interested in learning to play the djembe still. It's got a really good sound to imo.
Are there any Senegalese drum masters where you are? or anybody from the Ivory coast, those are the greatest, and disciplined teachers out there. But if you don't access to any of those types of drum masters try looking at their instructional videos. I played the djum djum- the bass drum that accompanies the djembe, the djembe is a tough but great instrument, also do you have a natural djembe or a latin precussion djembe?
keep it up as it is a drum that calls on the spirts...