FINAFLEX PRO XANTHINE 500-XT LOG

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
First of all thanks to FINAFLEX REDEFINE NUTRITION for giving me opportunity to log this great product...

Here we go, I got into a car accident 3months ago and broke my hand...so for 3months I'm at home sitting on my ass eating, drinking and sleeping...yesterday doctors removed my cast and pins from my hand...I'm so happy now I can finally go to gym and have my normal life...but my hand is still stiff and I don't think I can pick much weight so I'll be doing most is cardio...

So In past 3months I gained 5lbs of pure fat around my belly and neck...my arms looks the same just my belly looks bigger...so I weight myself this morning and I weigh 175lbs...I'm 22yrs old height 5'11...my goal would be to lose at 5 to 8lbs with this product...let's see how it goes...

So today is my first day...I took one cap of Px 500-xt and a pill of multi vitamin empty stomach...I felt dizzy and nausea...so I ate some eggs with wheat bread and a glass of orange juice...now I feel fine...maybe I felt dizzy and nausea coz I didn't ate anything or maybe I'm taking supps first time after 3months...i don't kno...I'm gonna go to gym later this day and will take another capsule of Px 500 xt...and I will let you guys kno if I felt the same...

So far I feel great energy and focus...I'm moving around alot...I can't sit at one place...I feel really good...so let's hope for best...

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
image-3474344726.png

Here's a pic of my hand...I kno it looks ugly...

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
in!!!!!!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in Brotha, time to take control and do what you can and always stay moving, always keep yourself in a calorie deficit without starving your muscles and staying active an in a burning phase as much and as often as you can!!!

SUB'd Fo-Sho!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
image-1944118843.png

Here's a pic of mine...has I said I gained all the fat around my belly area...my arms are same size just out of shape...before I was more cut and had a six pack...let's see wat this product can do...rite now I'm at gym...my first day after 3months...feel great...doing some cardio now....sweating like hell...took another cap before coming here with pre workout...great energy and focus...mood been great...I'm happy...so far thumbs up :)

Attachments

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Ok just finished running 1hr...run 3.60miles while burning 560cals...my stamina went really down...before i can run 5+miles in one hr while burning 800+cals,..rite now I'm sweating alot...gonna do some abs now...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should cut up pretty quick not too much to lose really. Keep the cals sensible don't go too far below maintenance, maybe closer to recomp levels.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
You should cut up pretty quick not too much to lose really. Keep the cals sensible don't go too far below maintenance, maybe closer to recomp levels.
Thanks...what is recomp levels for a day??

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks...what is recomp levels for a day??
About 100 cals less than you're Basal Rate depending on your body type and activity level. AT a bodybuilders actiivity I would make a guess you would be somehere about 14 cals per lb I am more like 12 myself but I am very active to acheve that based on the fact I am an Endo type, and I am fuggin old... very spry for my age but still pretty fuggin old...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Listen to DreamWeaver, dem "Old Fuggers" know their $hit!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Ok got it dreamweaver...thanks :)

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Day 2

I went gym in the morning...took a pill of PX 500-xt...didn't felt dizzy or nausea this time...nice and clean energy but for some reason I didn't ran whole hr...I ran only 50mins...I did 3+ miles and burn 540cals...

Took another pill after 6hrs...didnt ate too much today...so far only 400cals...ate some rice and chicken...maybe gonna eat in a bit or maybe not...but I drank a lot of water...like a gallon...this pill really controlling my appetite...not feeling hungry at all...I feel really good and positive...working on my hand so I can start lifting weights again...

I didn't check my weight since I started taking PX 500-xt...I wanna check my weight after a week coz I like surprises lol...but I can feel that I'm gonna lose good amount of weight with this product...

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
cant wait to see after pics. how long u running this and u running it with anything else?

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
cant wait to see after pics. how long u running this and u running it with anything else?
I'm running it only for a month...there's 60pills in it so 2 pills a day...I'm only taking some preworkout...I have samples of different preworkouts besides that nothing...maybe some protein...but so far I'm avoiding it for a week to see difference in weight...

Thanks for reps :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Listen to DreamWeaver, dem "Old Fuggers" know their $hit!!!
Only because we have made all the mistakes you can make... yah listen to an old fugger and avoid the mistakes... :)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2

I went gym in the morning...took a pill of PX 500-xt...didn't felt dizzy or nausea this time...nice and clean energy but for some reason I didn't ran whole hr...I ran only 50mins...I did 3+ miles and burn 540cals...

Took another pill after 6hrs...didnt ate too much today...so far only 400cals...ate some rice and chicken...maybe gonna eat in a bit or maybe not...but I drank a lot of water...like a gallon...this pill really controlling my appetite...not feeling hungry at all...I feel really good and positive...working on my hand so I can start lifting weights again...

I didn't check my weight since I started taking PX 500-xt...I wanna check my weight after a week coz I like surprises lol...but I can feel that I'm gonna lose good amount of weight with this product...
That sounds good Bro, I think a weekly weight in is perfect, sometimes things can fluctuate too much from day to day or from morning to night, etc, which is why I think picking a time and day of the week and always re-assessing your body weight then... for example (1st thing when you wake up at 6am on Monday morning) taken on the same day of the week at the exact same time, week after week, will give a very accurate assessment of weekly weight-loss!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the reason you felt bad the 1st time you took pro x is because you took a multi with it on an empty-never do that, lol...with that said, i had some samples of pro x and really got some nice effects from it-i have a lot of stim experience and this is one of the better ones....you should see good results, just listen to doug and al and you will do fine, imo.....good luck!!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
the reason you felt bad the 1st time you took pro x is because you took a multi with it on an empty-never do that, lol...with that said, i had some samples of pro x and really got some nice effects from it-i have a lot of stim experience and this is one of the better ones....you should see good results, just listen to doug and al and you will do fine, imo.....good luck!!!!
Your right...I won't do that again...but seriously tho pro x is a dam good product...the energy, the feeling you get is totally amazing bro...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Your right...I won't do that again...but seriously tho pro x is a dam good product...the energy, the feeling you get is totally amazing bro...

i agree....if i say a stim is good, it's pretty damned good, lol..... cheapass al only sent me 2 sample packs....lol....just kidding al.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Day 3

Woke up this morning my legs were very sore...took a PX 500-xt in morning and another after six hrs...Once again energy was very good...mood was perfect too...

Ate six eggs omelet in morning with wheat bread and a glass of milk...went to gym in evening...did cardio again for an hour...ran almost 4miles while burning 640cals...did some abs too...trying to pick some weights but failed...still not strong yet maybe in a week...came home had some salad for dinner...

I felt good today coz I wasn't gonna go to gym coz my legs were sore but took PX 500-xt and I changed my mind...did more cardio then past couple of days...feel proud and positive...

Past few months I been eating pizza, burgers...drinking alcohol and sodas...trying hard to avoid all those...eating healthy so I can get to my goals...cheers for another successful day :)

P.S.: people who trying to lose weight try to avoid junk food, alcohol, sugar(soda and candies), eat less carbs...

When you do cardio your body burns carbs first then fat...if you take less carbs and do more cardio then ur body will burn ur fat...

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Day 4

Woke up this morning took a cap of PX 500-xt and another cap after six hrs...again the energy was great....

Ate some chicken for lunch and a ham burger for dinner...I kno burger not healthy but I didn't had time to cook...drank lots of water throughout the day...

I couldn't go to gym today coz of my work...I really wanted to go specially after eating that burger...I'm off tomorrow and will go to gym...I will try to run extra for today :)

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Another advise to people who trying to lose weight....

Drink Plenty of Water

Everyone knows that you need to drink water every day to maintain healthy, since our body is 65-70% water. The problem is that most individuals don't drink enough water. What most people don't know is that water helps the body burn fat and maintains a lean body. If you are dehydrated, the body focuses more on getting water than doing other functions, such as burning fat or building muscles.

TIP: If you drink cold water the body burns more calories. An Example is that if you drink an ounce of ice cold water, the body burns about a calorie as it tries to warm the water up to your body temperature. So, if you drink 100 ounces (12.5 cups) of water a day, you will burn approximately 100 calories. Not bad!

Keep hydrated and it will help all your bodily functions working properly.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sound advice!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Day 5

Woke up this morning..wasn't feeling hungry at all but still had some cereal with milk...breakfast is very important meal of day...took a cap of PX 500-xt after my breakfast and another cap after 6hrs...it was a day off work today so was feeling fresh and relax...

Went to gym in evening...did cardio and abs again...I ran whole one hr...ran like 4+ miles while burning 669cals...felt really good...Here's a pic...

image-3756298702.png

So another awesome day with PX 500-xt...looking forward for great result...

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Weight loss tip for today...

Eat a hearty breakfast, and then make up for those extra calories by making supper smaller. A little extra food in your stomach will help you avoid cravings. You need that extra help during the daytime, not at night when you are asleep.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i agree....if i say a stim is good, it's pretty damned good, lol..... cheapass al only sent me 2 sample packs....lol....just kidding al.
Cheap-A$$-AL will have to get on the Ball and send you more, LoL I'm honestly just waiting for us, FINAFLEX to just get caught up, I mean it is a good problem to have, but we are struggling to keep up with the demand for our products, so much so that it has made our making and sending of samples take a serious back-seat, growing pains of a successful company, what can I say, LoL!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Cheap-A$$-AL will have to get on the Ball and send you more, LoL I'm honestly just waiting for us, FINAFLEX to just get caught up, I mean it is a good problem to have, but we are struggling to keep up with the demand for our products, so much so that it has made our making and sending of samples take a serious back-seat, growing pains of a successful company, what can I say, LoL!
lol, no problem al.....glad to hear things are going so well for you and finaflex...i know you have worked your arse off getting the word out!!!...btw-looks like pj is really enjoying the pro-x-keep up the good work, pj!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5

Woke up this morning..wasn't feeling hungry at all but still had some cereal with milk...breakfast is very important meal of day...took a cap of PX 500-xt after my breakfast and another cap after 6hrs...it was a day off work today so was feeling fresh and relax...

Went to gym in evening...did cardio and abs again...I ran whole one hr...ran like 4+ miles while burning 669cals...felt really good...Here's a pic...

View attachment 50695

So another awesome day with PX 500-xt...looking forward for great result...
Way to Kill it Brotha, just keep it up, consistency, consistency, consistency!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Day 6

Sorry was too busy to log yesterday....again it was a good day...took one cap of PX 500-xt in morning and one after 6hrs...didn't eat too much...just a chicken burrito for dinner...went to gym but just ran 2miles in half hour...PX 500-xt controlling my hunger very good...not getting hungry at all and giving me great energy...so ppl who trying to lose weight get PX 500-xt...this product won't disappoint you at all and it all depends on your diet too...if you not dieting properly and not doing cardio no matter wat product you take for weight loss it won't work...cheers for another day :)

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Day 7(end of first week)

So guys today is end of my first week taking PX 500-xt...that means I'm gonna check my weight today...took a PX 500-xt in morning and one after 6hrs...just coming from gym...ran 50mins like 3+miles...didn't ate too much again...some eggs for breakfast...till now that's about it...maybe I'm gonna eat dinner after couple of hrs...

So I finally checked my weight...it shows 170.5lbs...that means I lost over 4lbs in a week....now that's wat I'm talking about...wonder where I'm gonna be in a month lol...WOW can't believe it over 4lbs...this stuff is great...specially the energy you get from is totally amazing...

In this past week I did lot of cardio and really control my diet...didn't even look at alcohol or junk food...drank lots of water...I only missed one day of gym...I wanted to go all 7days...but still I happy with my result and looking forward losing some more weight...I still got 3 more weeks to go...let's see if I can get to 165lbs...

Sooooo happy!!!! :)

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Bro, if ur not eating, won't it kill ur BMR?
Metabolism can drop due to low nutrient supply...

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Bro, if ur not eating, won't it kill ur BMR?
Metabolism can drop due to low nutrient supply...
Well only this week I was strict with my diet...I didn't had protein either...from next week I'm gonna start eating more...start taking my protein shake...it just hard for me to cook coz I work alot and I'm by myself here so I just avoid eating fast food coz that's all I used too eat past 3months...

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Day 8 and Day 9

Still doing the same routine...one cap in morning and one after six hrs...PX 500-xt still giving me great energy...not getting hungry at all..but from this week I started eating more...in this couple of days I had good amount of protein..around 250gram...only went to gym one day...this week I'm gonna try to eat more even tho I'm not hungry...I wanna see of I'm still able to lose weight by eating more...energy is still great from PX 500-xt...sometimes I dont even have to take pre workout drink and able to get good amount of energy...so far PX 500-xt working great for me...looking forward for this week...gonna try losing couple of lbs this week...let's hope for best...:)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 8 and Day 9Still doing the same routine...one cap in morning and one after six hrs...PX 500-xt still giving me great energy...not getting hungry at all..but from this week I started eating more...in this couple of days I had good amount of protein..around 250gram...only went to gym one day...this week I'm gonna try to eat more even tho I'm not hungry...I wanna see of I'm still able to lose weight by eating more...energy is still great from PX 500-xt...sometimes I dont even have to take pre workout drink and able to get good amount of energy...so far PX 500-xt working great for me...looking forward for this week...gonna try losing couple of lbs this week...let's hope for best...:)
sounds like a plan....but get your arse in the gym more, lol.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
image-1345871156.png

Yea buddy...that's wat I'm talking about...

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Day 11

Woke up this morning and had a heavy breakfast...7eggs with white bread and 3scoop of protein (25g protein each scoop) in 2% milk with some strawberries...the shake was very heavy...kept me full till night...after breakfast I took one multivitamin and one PX 500-xt...again I got clean energy and my mood was perfect too...in evening went to gym...ran an whole hour...there's a pic one post above this...did like 4.3miles while burning 700+ cals felt great....I also picked some weights...I did 25lbs dumbell of 4sets...I was struggling and all but manage to do it...from now on I will try everyday to pick some weights...for dinner I had a protein bar and some fresh fruits...then took another PX 500-xt...so far this week I'm trying to eat alot...trying to see by end of 2nd week if I'm gonna lose some weight or gain...so thumbs up for another great day :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if you are not seeing any drop off in stim effect, that is really good-you must have some clean adrenal receptors!!! my experirnce with pro-x was just sample packs, but i really enjoyed it, glad to see it is also good for appetite control and fatburning!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
if you are not seeing any drop off in stim effect, that is really good-you must have some clean adrenal receptors!!! my experirnce with pro-x was just sample packs, but i really enjoyed it, glad to see it is also good for appetite control and fatburning!!!
The energy is still there but not as much as 1st week...but yes it's really good in controlling appetite...you should tell scott to hook you up a bottle too lol...or you should enter the contest to win one...

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Here's a little tip about protein intake...

Another important nutrient every body builder needs is plenty of protein. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Glucose molecules make up carbohydrates just like amino acids make up proteins.

Protein is involved in growing, repairing, and replacing tissues. That is made possible because proteins are the basis for body structures.

For body builders, nitrogen balance is an important concept to keep in mind when talking about proteins. Nitrogen balance is the difference between the amount of nitrogen taken in and the amount excreted or lost. If you lose more nitrogen than you consume, your body will break down muscle tissue to get it. On the other hand, if you consume more than you lose, you will be in an anabolic, or muscle building, state.

Protein intake exceeds output, and protein is retained in tissue as new muscle is added. Obviously, this is something that you want. Watch out, if your protein output exceeds intake you would have a negative nitrogen balance. This is not good because the opposite is now happening.
Your body is degrading muscle and other body proteins. You usually see this in people who are starving, burned, injured, or have a fever. This puts your body in what is called a catabolic state.
An anabolic state is when your body has a positive nitrogen balance. The term catabolic refers to the state of the body in which body compounds are broken down for energy purposes. In body building contexts, catabolic means muscle loss. Ultimately, your body won't grow when it is in a catabolic state.
The general rule is to consume daily the same amount of grams in protein as your body weight. A 200 pound body builder, therefore, would need to eat 200 grams of protein every day to put the body in an anabolic state.

When calculating the amount of protein you are eating, concentrate on the complete sources of protein like meat, fish, and eggs. While there are proteins in other foods, you need to focus on the complete sources rather than those that are incomplete.
If you are dieting while body building, your protein intake should increase to 1 ½ times your bodyweight. Many diets have you cutting back on fat and carbohydrate intake. This forces the body to burn more protein for fuel which can put your muscle tissue at risk. To compensate, you'll need to eat more protein to counteract this effect.

Some people don't feel that loading up on protein is a good idea for anyone, but if you want to get ripped with your body building program, you'll need the amino acids in protein to work in your body. Be aware of the amount of protein you are eating and make them work for you instead of against you.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree eat enough protein, just don't eat too much, but if your calories are ok then you can eat quite a bit so that becomes moot. We just don't need as much protien as we used to think. I remember 200 lb people consuming 400 grams. Simply not necessary. Find your calorie intake you are going to use, apply your macro percentages and you are always going to find that there is enough protein in your diet cuz most bodybuilders will eat an minimum of 30-40% protein.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree eat enough protein, just don't eat too much, but if your calories are ok then you can eat quite a bit so that becomes moot. We just don't need as much protien as we used to think. I remember 200 lb people consuming 400 grams. Simply not necessary. Find your calorie intake you are going to use, apply your macro percentages and you are always going to find that there is enough protein in your diet cuz most bodybuilders will eat an minimum of 30-40% protein.
DW... I agree with you, but it does also depend on what stage of competition they are in! The closer they are to their contest .aka. the harder they are cutting, the less carbs and fat (calories) they are consuming all while maintaining the same amount of protein shifting that ratio as high as 50-60% of daily macros being protein, in no way disagreeing, just bringing up that point, because you are right, the other 80% of the time unless doing something special protein is typically 40%-ish. Another thing that just dawned on me is it also depends on your body-type as well... an ectomorph will always be eating higher levels of fat and carbs lowering their protein macro percentage, while an endomorph such as myself, always tries to limit or keep his/her carbs & fats in check therefore raising their protein macro percentage!

What do you think DW?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good discussion/info going on in here!!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Tip about carb intake

Carbohydrates are the body's main source of glucose. Glucose is a simple carb that is stored in your muscles and liver as glycogen. Glycogen is the principal form of energy that is stored in muscles. When your muscles are filled with glycogen, they both look and feel full.

Glucose also provides energy for your brain and making blood in your body. Glucose can be made from protein, but that requires the breakdown of body protein from muscle. If you're not eating enough carbohydrates, your body will start breaking down muscle tissue for glucose.

Carbohydrates should be the bulk of your daily caloric intake when you are starting a body building program. Focus on unprocessed complex carbs like sweet potatoes, potatoes, whole grain breads, oatmeal, and brown rice.

These natural complex carbs are made of long "chains" of sugar and are digested very slowly. Slow burning carbs promote consistent blood sugar levels which help to offset fatigue while promoting the release of insulin which is the body's principal anabolic hormone.

For men, the amount of carbs that should be taken in by multiplying their body weight by three. That number will be the amount of grams that should be consumed daily. Women multiply their body weight by two to get their carb gram intake. For example, a 200 pound man should consume 600 grams of carbs per day and a 125 pound woman would eat 250 carb grams daily.

Along with carbs, you must consume enough fiber in your diet. Eating fiber makes muscle tissue more responsive to anabolism by improving sugar and amino acid uptake, and aiding in muscle glycogen formation and growth. Beans and oatmeal are two excellent sources of fiber.

Divide your carb meals into six servings throughout the day. This divide and conquer approach stimulates a steady release of insulin to create an anabolic, or muscle building, state. If you eat too many carbs in one sitting, the net effect is that fat-storing enzymes kick into high hear and you lose than lean and hard look.

Eat some simple carbs after your workout and eat more of them. Honey, sugar and refined foods such as white bread and white rice - typical simple carbs - are digested quickly and easily. The resulting insulin spike is a double edged sword, however. After training, it can prevent muscle catabolism while promoting anabolism. If you have not been working out, the intake of simple carbs can stimulate fat storage.

A high carb intake at your post training meal will have less chance of being stored as fat, as carbs must replenish depleted glycogen levels before they gain the ability to stimulate fat storage. Eat about 25% of your daily carbs at this meal.

Breakfast is definitely the most important meal of the day, and besides your post-workout meal, it is also the best time to load up on carbs. Blood sugar and muscle glycogen levels are low from your overnight fast. Your body must replenish these levels before stimulating the fat storing machinery in the body.

As your day wears on, your carb intake should decrease. Your energy requirements will also decrease at this time, so your body won't need as much. If you eat carbs late in the day, your body will store them as fat and increase weight gain instead of muscle mass.

If you are needing to lose some fat along with building your muscles, you will want to rotate your carb intake. Bodybuilders who rotate their carb intake tend to lose more fat than bodybuilders who maintain a steady flow of carbs while dieting.

For example, instead of eating 600g of carbs every day (the typical daily total for a 200 pound bodybuilder), try varying the volume of intake. Eat 50% fewer carbs (300g) for two days, then the standard 600g for the next two days, then 50% more (900g) for the next two days.

The total carb intake is the same, but this schedule works because it lowers muscle glycogen in the first stage (promoting fat loss), and then increases insulin levels (ensuring no loss of muscle) on the final two days. Carb rotation gives you the best of both worlds: decreased fat with no loss of muscle.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Day 13

Another great day with PX 500-xt...still feeling the energy...took a pill in morning and another after 6hrs...went to gym didn't took any pre workout drink...I had enough energy from PX 500-xt...ran an hour...about 4miles...ate good amount of food today...took like 120gms of protein...tomorrow is last day for week 2...I'm gonna weight myself and see if I lost more weight or not...after tomorrow I'm gonna start my week 3...I'm gonna cut down half of cals for week 3...I have a feeling that this week I didn't lost much weight coz I was consuming alot of cals...we will find out tomorrow...for now I'm going to sleep...it was a long day :)

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Here's a little tip about GIVING YOUR BODY REST...

Rest is one of the most overlooked parts of an exercise regimen, but the reality is it is actually a quite important principle. Sleep is one of your most valuable tools for growth that you can have in your body building arsenal.
Muscle adaptation and growth often occurs at night. During the suspended state of animation you are in, your body is doing exactly what you have been asking it to do during your workouts - build muscle.
Lack of sleep can have an intoxicating effect on your body. According to the Journal of Applied Sports Science, being awake for 24 hours has the same physical effect as a blood alcohol content of 0.096, which is above the legal driving limit in most states.
Working out in this state has its obvious downside. For starters, your lack of muscular coordination places you at a much higher risk for injury. Just as you'd never head to the gym after drinking a few beers at your local tavern, you should never work out after not sleeping the night before. You're better off waiting until the next day when your body has been given proper rest.
What are the best practices when it comes to getting enough sleep? Here are some pointers:
Don't exercise before bedtime. Body temperature has a huge effect on our ability to fall asleep. As your body temperature lowers, you start to feel sleepy. If you work up a sweat before trying to sleep, you will have difficulty falling asleep and it could take your body several hours to cool down enough so that you can drift off.

Try having a light snack before bedtime. Some people disagree with this theory, but if you go to bed on an empty stomach, it can distract from your ability to fall asleep. Make sure this snack is light, though.

Get at least eight hours of quality sleep per night. This will insure that you get the rest and recovery that your body needs to be able to function effectively during the day.

Keep your bedroom dark and cool. Try having some white noise in the room like a fan running.

Don't drink a lot of fluids before sleep, especially tea or coffee. Not only will the caffeine keep you awake, but you'll have to use the bathroom more often as well which will disturb your sleep.

Establish both a regular sleep cycle as well as a pre-sleep routine. This will help you signal your body that it's time to think about resting.
While your body is sleeping, your body's synthesis of protein increases. This is what makes you grow. Your body can recover and repair any damage you did during the day while you are at rest.
A majority of growth hormones are also released when the body is in the sleep state. Growth hormones are very important in increasing muscle mass. During a workout, growth hormones are also released, but the majority of this happens while the body is at rest.
Just as sleep will give you more energy, it is also vital in helping your body recover and ultimately grow like you want it to.
As we said before, you will want to take supplements when you really want to grow your body. They can be confusing, though.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DW... I agree with you, but it does also depend on what stage of competition they are in! The closer they are to their contest .aka. the harder they are cutting, the less carbs and fat (calories) they are consuming all while maintaining the same amount of protein shifting that ratio as high as 50-60% of daily macros being protein, in no way disagreeing, just bringing up that point, because you are right, the other 80% of the time unless doing something special protein is typically 40%-ish. Another thing that just dawned on me is it also depends on your body-type as well... an ectomorph will always be eating higher levels of fat and carbs lowering their protein macro percentage, while an endomorph such as myself, always tries to limit or keep his/her carbs & fats in check therefore raising their protein macro percentage!

What do you think DW?
Oh yah body type and insulin sensitivity have a hugre role... I know I can go anywhere from 40% to 55% protein possbly higher as things get more extreme. Endo types for the most part want to keep there carbs to under 40% and even lower like 25% depending on where they are at. Then there is extreme protocols some like to use where carbs are very low. Fats and Protiens need to be raised to accomodate the lower carb diets. So it's really not a question of how much protein like I said before but at what percentage will I do best at. If 1 gram per lb body weight only has you eating 25% protein and you're an endo then your going to have to go over that amount.