Female libido help

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
First off want to say ive been researching around and found some good stuff but I want to put my situation out there to see if I can get any help for my specific situation. Me and my GF have been together for a couple years. We had a baby who is 14 months now. The last couple months we havent had sex but maybe once a week to once a week and a half. She actually went to the doc for her yearly visit yesterday and asked her about it. She said if we had sex more than 4-5 times a month she would be really suprised because after a child (especially the first year) your hormones are still out of whack and its not uncommon at all to have no sex drive. I was curious if there was anything that could help that out? I actually still have a bottle of paravol from a while ago and wanted to know if maybe that would be a safe thing to try? Not sure how it is with women and if its safe for them. And if it would be good to give a shot would she need to start dosing everyday or maybe just every once in a while and do a dose in the AM. I also came across where Yohimbine was a good thing for libido. Its been awhile since ive taken it but im a young guy so I dont really notice a libido increase unless its major. Also she isnt on hormonal birth control so she wont have to to worry about other meds interfering with it. I dont really want to try a $40-50 suppliment out there just to try thats why im curious about the paravol and yohimbine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Especially if theres any ladies out there that can shoot me in the right way from personal experience.

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Also one thing I forgot to mention. She takes aderall for ADD so would yohimbine be something to stay away from? I wouldnt want her heart to explode lol or would low dosing be ok to try

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Therein lies your problem. Mirena has a synthetic progesterone and messes a lot if women up bad. My wife got devastated by it.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Female sexuality is a many faceted animal. Men need a place, women need a reason as I like to say. For us it is usually a simple matter of visual stimulation and or test levels. For the ladies (please excuse my ignorance if any of you read and take exception to this) desire involves satisfaction and security in the relationship, stress levels, self image, feeling valued and appreciated. Both test and estrogen as well as other hormones can play a role. There is an actual syndrom called Hypoactice Sexual Desire Disorder that can occur for a myriad of reasons. Trust me, if there were a silver bullet suplement or cure, you can bet some one would be selling it because they would make a fortune.

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Weve talked about it and its not anything like she doesnt feel loved or I dont do enough or anything like that. Because I probably do about 85-90% of the housework and taking care of the child and show her quite a bit of affection. Im way over affectionate and way more than she ever was before me. And she even talked to her doctor yesterday just wondering why shes had no drive lately so I was just looking for like a little jump start every now and then because she wants to just no drive for it most of the time.

996 so mirena did this to your wife? Did she change and get on something else? I kinda wish I would of known before hand so she could of spoke with her doc yesterday about maybe trying something different. And deff not going back to a pill shes not very responsible on remembering to take them haha.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Female sexuality is a many faceted animal. Men need a place, women need a reason as I like to say. For us it is usually a simple matter of visual stimulation and or test levels. For the ladies (please excuse my ignorance if any of you read and take exception to this) desire involves satisfaction and security in the relationship, stress levels, self image, feeling valued and appreciated. Both test and estrogen as well as other hormones can play a role. There is an actual syndrom called Hypoactice Sexual Desire Disorder that can occur for a myriad of reasons. Trust me, if there were a silver bullet suplement or cure, you can bet some one would be selling it because they would make a fortune.
Maybe true, but if she us reacting to the synthetic progesterone in Mirena, Levogesterol, she likely has a physiological cause of her hormone imbalance that be be alleviated. The longer it is in, the longer it will take to reverse though as Levo mimics natural progesterone and shuts down natural progesterone. Also check magnesium, potassium and glucose levels. His wife's symptoms are mild now. Mine got hit hard in a coue of months and just about lost her mind. We took it out in the hospital and her bad issues started resolving with 24 hours. Luckily, I am a class action med mal lawyer with a staff that included a doctor and 4 nurses so the doctors did not argue with me or try and persuade me otherwise.

Google Mirena problems and I think there is a Mirena awareness site listing the complications and why they occur.

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Oh wow I did not know any of that. Ill start researching up on mirena and look into it. Shes had it in for almost 14 months now so its been in for awhile. What did your wife go with besides that? The reason we went with that because its a once every 5 years thing and wont have to worry about having a slip up cause of forgotten pills

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
lso do you remember what the site was by chance?

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weve talked about it and its not anything like she doesnt feel loved or I dont do enough or anything like that. Because I probably do about 85-90% of the housework and taking care of the child and show her quite a bit of affection. Im way over affectionate and way more than she ever was before me. And she even talked to her doctor yesterday just wondering why shes had no drive lately so I was just looking for like a little jump start every now and then because she wants to just no drive for it most of the time.

996 so mirena did this to your wife? Did she change and get on something else? I kinda wish I would of known before hand so she could of spoke with her doc yesterday about maybe trying something different. And deff not going back to a pill shes not very responsible on remembering to take them haha.
Sounds like you 2 have a great relationship based on mutual respect and appreciation. I'd say you have the emotional angel covered. She is a lucky lady :)

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is a very well written response.

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you 2 have a great relationship based on mutual respect and appreciation. I'd say you have the emotional angel covered. She is a lucky lady :)
Thanks bud I appreciate it. Not to sound conceited but ive always been a pretty good guy to my ladies. And this one gave me the most beautiful child I could of asked for so its my job lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great info, 996. I'm happy that OP was lucky enough to have someone weigh in who just so happened to deal with the same thing. It certainly sounds like that would be a great place to start in terms of correcting the issue and bringing her sex life back up to par, which will in turn bring yours up, too.

Good luck, bud.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh wow I did not know any of that. Ill start researching up on mirena and look into it. Shes had it in for almost 14 months now so its been in for awhile. What did your wife go with besides that? The reason we went with that because its a once every 5 years thing and wont have to worry about having a slip up cause of forgotten pills
We have not picked an alternative yet as we just got the imant removed two weeks ago, but she went from no sex drive, to ireatible and irrational, to straight losing her mind. Scarey ****. They took implant out and she was dang near normal the next day after 4 weeks of being in a psychosis. She is getting better with each day and almost back to normal. She only had implant since November. She bled for a month and a half, started getting crazy and irritable like never before over holidays and then began losing her mind in mid January leafing to two hospitalizations. I have never seen anything like it and she was the most chill easy going chick that was a compete nympho before implant.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Omg this thread is an eye opener....so this is why my gf lost her sex drive that damn mirena so should she take it out she has had in it for 18 months and I think we had sex 4 times maybe....

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Omg this thread is an eye opener....so this is why my gf lost her sex drive that damn mirena so should she take it out she has had in it for 18 months and I think we had sex 4 times maybe....
Damn man I thought my once a week/week and a half was bad. Guess its something we both need to look into. The only thing with my lady is she doesnt have insurance and shes been on medicaid with the baby so she only gets 1 check up a year which she had yesterday. So just gotta figure out with that what were gonna do

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Could very well be. Research this thing. We all know how hormones can effect everybody differently. My concern is that progesterone may be something to not play around with as far as a permanent implanted synthetic version. I would definitely research and consider options if something seems off since implant. So hard to prove anything conclusively as many woman start implant after child birth so post partum may be blamed or there may not be good baseline hormone panels done prior to Mirena to compare. Doctors just write off as Internet or lawyer lore, but who are they listening to . . . Some hot chick with a BA in communication hired on as a drug rep to tell doctors about studies funded by the drug company promoting the products.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My girl just came off oral bc after two years. Her sex drive is already better in the third week. Condoms three to four times a week or no condom once a week? Hmmm

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
My girl just came off oral bc after two years. Her sex drive is already better in the third week. Condoms three to four times a week or no condom once a week? Hmmm
I dunno man condoms suck lol

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Re: Mirena website

URL is really long, but if you just google Mirena awareness website is comes up at top or number one.

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
996 thanks so much for all the info and help. Sure am glad I posted here today. I havent been on the forum in years I dont think.

Well with all that said and will be looking into this mirena problem back to my first topic would the paravol be ok to try or maybe the yohimbine? Some thing to try until I get this mirena thing sorted out

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She might need some magnesium and adrenal support to get her endocrine system back to normal. Thats what my girl did. Im pleased with the results. Mag is required for healthy adrenal function. Adrenals make (through a couple metabolic steps) test in females. This could help her drive. Mag will help with over 200 enzymatic processes. Delta waves during sleep etc etc. The list goes on and on. Its cheap and worth a shot.

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
She might need some magnesium and adrenal support to get her endocrine system back to normal. Thats what my girl did. Im pleased with the results. Mag is required for healthy adrenal function. Adrenals make (through a couple metabolic steps) test in females. This could help her drive. Mag will help with over 200 enzymatic processes. Delta waves during sleep etc etc. The list goes on and on. Its cheap and worth a shot.
Ill give it a shot. Ive still got like half a bottle of ZMA ill see what all it has in it I cant remember

C

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
oes anyone know if the paravol is safe for the laides? And what kind of does should they try