Favourite "Pumping Iron" quote

IronMarc

Awards
Hey guys, post your favourite pumping iron quotes here. I thought it would be fun to see which ones make it, the entire movie is awesome though.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
"I'm the type of a person who is the type of a dog who would bite (fight?) back."
- Mike Katz

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
"Whatt do you drink, milk? Milk?! Milk is for babies. I drink beer.

Weezy06

Awards
I called my mother yesterday already and said, "I won,"
Arnold to Lou Ferrigno the morning of the Olympia

IronMarc

Awards
lol, love most of these quotes. This might not be the greatest quote, but i'd love to pull this on a hot girl too.

*Arnold pretends he can't bend the crusher

girl: I thought you were strong

*Arnold taps the crusher with his hand

Arnold: Don't worry

*Arnold proceeds to bend the crusher with ease

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
When doing squats arnold says, "Lets get serious"

When showing an amatuer bbuilder how to pose, "Make the move."

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Come on; isn't it obvious.
[roughly quoted]
THE PUMP
"It is as if someone were blowing air into the muscle, and it gets this really tight feeling, like it is going to explode...and to me, that feeling is as satisfying as cumming.

"So imagine how great my life is. I get the feeling of cumming every day at the gym. Then, when I go home at night. And in the pump room backstage before a show. And in front of 5000 screaming fans in the theater..."

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
"Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices."

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Lou Ferrigno: Ahhhh!
Arnold Schwarzenegger: What did you say Lou? What did you say?
Lou Ferrigno: I'm training Arnold!
Arnold Schwarzenegger: You make too much noise! Has to be very quiet in here, like in a Church!

Serge Nubret: Looks like I can take you.
Arnold Schwarzenegger: Heh heh, yeah, keep looking.

Arnold to Lou: Eh, but look at you, you're not ready. Maybe in two months, but then again, I'd be stronger.

BJK

Awards
The scene where Louie is doing OHP, yelling, "Arnold, Arnold, ARNOLD!"...

...then in the next scene you see Arnold lifting like a freaking machine, doing seated rows, t bars and such. I always laughed at Louie's half reps and then you see Arnold repping it out like a beast. :hammer:

bentlax39

Board Supporter
Awards
i have to bump beo, the guy is talking about getting the feeling of cumming when he is flexing backstage and then you think, damn this guy runs of the largest most populated states in the US.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to have to go with the with "cumming quote". However, his whole dialouge (sp?) when he's got that crazy striped polo shirt on is pretty damn classic. Especially when he's talking about how he's got his posing down to perfect and his physique is perfect.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I like it when lou's dad is showing him how to pose, and says "Bam! look at that hunk of man. thats what they'll be saying louie". or something along those lines, lol.

71sport408

71sport408

Awards
Heres the whole cumming quote.

"The greatest feeling you can get in a gym, or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is... The Pump. Let's say you train your biceps. Blood is rushing into your muscles and that's what we call The Pump. You muscles get a really tight feeling, like your skin is going to explode any minute, and it's really tight - it's like somebody blowing air into it, into your muscle. It just blows up, and it feels really different. It feels fantastic." "It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven."

IronMarc

Awards
"Arnold the reason why I woke you up was because I am going to go to New York tonight and I did want to say goodbye, and Im gonna see Ferrigno there and we're going to train for 2-3 weeks, and uhh everything that uhhh I learnt from you, that you stole from me, i'm going to show to him: And that combo is going to be very hard to beat."

Arnold says without a care. "I'll see you when you get back"

The king of the hill conversation is good too. Highlight "He's not as hungry, but when he wants the food it's there"

IronMarc

Awards
The scene where Louie is doing OHP, yelling, "Arnold, Arnold, ARNOLD!"...

...then in the next scene you see Arnold lifting like a freaking machine, doing seated rows, t bars and such. I always laughed at Louie's half reps and then you see Arnold repping it out like a beast. :hammer:
Hey, Louie may have done half reps, but he kept his muscles under constant tension...and it worked for him.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Come on; isn't it obvious.
[roughly quoted]
THE PUMP
"It is as if someone were blowing air into the muscle, and it gets this really tight feeling, like it is going to explode...and to me, that feeling is as satisfying as cumming.

"So imagine how great my life is. I get the feeling of cumming every day at the gym. Then, when I go home at night. And in the pump room backstage before a show. And in front of 5000 screaming fans in the theater..."

I would have to say that these are my fav quotes as well.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
My favorite part is when Mike Katz is telling the story about people calling him cross-eyed. He looks retarded!

Speischerkater

Awards
My favorite part is when Mike Katz is telling the story about people calling him cross-eyed. He looks retarded!
the guy IS retarded. Just look into his eyes, you can almost see the back of his head in them.

I love the scene where he plays the strong man for his kids.
What a dumbass.

Popa Murph

Awards
Big Lou, "Ahnold! Ahnold! Ahnold! Ahnold!!!" Training in the basement gym next to the tubby tub tubs. Intense:twisted:

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
or how bout when katz explains to us how he left his school dances to go home and lift "ill show them" lmao...

IronMarc

Awards
Speaking of a retarded Mike Katz...did this make sense to you guys? "I'm the type of person that's the type of dog that bites back" haha, i think its funny that he says he's the type of person thats the type of dog. Pointless.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Arnold talking about Franco " Franco is like a young child and when we get onstage I am his father" ya he sure was ****y as hell.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
"i wouldn't turn my back on you for 500 yards arnold"

"you know what im gonna do when we get to south africa? Im gonna take Katz shirt and im gonna hide it"

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
Speaking of a retarded Mike Katz...did this make sense to you guys? "I'm the type of person that's the type of dog that bites back" haha, i think its funny that he says he's the type of person thats the type of dog. Pointless.

haha yea never picked up on that one.

Malek256

Awards
You know of course, those are all acted and scripted.

If you don't believe me, locate the 25th anniversary edition and check the "behind the scenes" and the (surprisingly candid) interview with Mr. S. years later. I bought mine for $6 on a whim and was surprised at how good the "extra" stuff was.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
You know of course, those are all acted and scripted.

If you don't believe me, locate the 25th anniversary edition and check the "behind the scenes" and the (surprisingly candid) interview with Mr. S. years later. I bought mine for $6 on a whim and was surprised at how good the "extra" stuff was.
The extra bonus scenes are pretty cool. Really neat the way they made the low budget film turn out so well for what it was. :clap2:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The extra bonus scenes are pretty cool. Really neat the way they made the low budget film turn out so well for what it was. :clap2:
Good subject matter. I liked the extras too, fun to see the behind the scenes stuff. Little things like the way Butler turned the camera woman's focus to be on Katz at the moment he lost. Good timing, good decision making on his part overall on the film. I loved seeing Bud Court next to Schwartzanegger in the out takes too. Skinny little twirp like that next to Mr. Olympia, it's just a funny contrast.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
One of my favorite scenes is when Arnold and Lou Ferrigno are riding home in back of the van, and Arnold says "...we'll head back to your place Lou and your mom and make us some Pasta, I bulk to to 280..." I dont remember the exact quote but it's funny;)

The extra scenes are great on the DVD, Arnold pretty much gives you the lowdown on his steroid use, the pot-smoking scene, etc.

BV

wormwood

Awards
Haha yeah, you cant forget the scene where he sings happy birthday to lou ferrigno stoned.

alguard

Awards
when you exercise what you do is you look in the mirror and if you analyze it and say ok I need a little more deltoids so what u do is exercise and put those deltoids on. Where an artist will just go and put some clay on it. I mean Its not any different than geting into a car and trying to go in a quarter mile 6 seconds thats for me strange.

I needed to rewind vhs tape first time i saw it. I could hardly understand what the hell he wuz zaying..

ITs hard being perfect...uncut version w/ idol reg park. they were tanning at arnolds beach house lying and arnold say to reg Its like what happened to u is happening to me. And I had a dream one night and I was on top of amountain and there was no room for anyone else just me Like i was king at the top of the mountain. It felt so real I didnt want to wake up.

tattoopierced1

i like the beach part where arnold is cat napping and it was said "i'm gonna go visit Louie, and give away all your secrets...what do you say about that?" and his response, "tell him I said hi, and his father I said hi, and good luck"

it was misquoted, but the way he came off saying it was classic...

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
Not related but on Red Heat when Belushi says "Do I look like a ****ing Cab Driver?" and Arnold says with his accent

"Yes"

I just watched that and laughed my head off!

alguard

Awards
Ive trained myself to not have any negative thoughts come in and defect you. so i trained myself to be kind of cold. If they steal my car right outside my house I would probably have my secretary call the insurance companay and theyd laugh about it..

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
this isnt really a quote just a obervation that I found very interesting. I cant believe Arnold told his own mother he wasnt going to his fathers funeral and what happened had happened and he wasnt going (and then telsl the camera not his mother that he wasnt going because he was 2 months out.)

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
The Breakfast scene the day of the show with the Ferrignos is just classic Arnold mentally de-pantsing Ferrigno:

"I already called my mother and told her I had won an unprecidented 5th consecutive Mr Olympia title, she was so proud of me"

"Your pretty confident,Arnold"

"Why shouldn't I be?... I'm the greatest bodybuilder in the history of the world"

"You know I am going to win, that's why you are buying me breakfast trying to fatten me up..it won't make a difference.
I am still the best."

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
After watching the extra prodvided on the DVD with a interview with Arnold discussing what the movie did and how they made it, it makes alot more sense... cleared up alot of stuff very interesting

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
On the 25th anniversary dvd on the behind the scenes portion, Arnold is filmed while getting his haircut and the girl is asking about what it is like being on stage and she says "do you have to talk?" and Arnold says,"No you dont have to talk.... unless you win, so I am talking alot"... I laugh every time I see that.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
God there are so many. But i like to make fun of Lou in the gym by calling for "more weight" and following up with "I wanna beat em!" But we have to all face the facts that nothing beats the hulking Ronnie screaming "Light weight" "Light weight buddy!" or "Anybodyyyyyy"

------------------------------------------
Lost my avatar, can't add a new one, can't find donate link.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry, nothing really too much to add here other than I wanted to see something other than the Mono thread every time i scrolled through the forums :p

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I forget the exact quote but Arnold says something like, " So you never won the Olympia, but you won the Universe twice, that's just as good."

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
On the 25th anniversary dvd on the behind the scenes portion, Arnold is filmed while getting his haircut and the girl is asking about what it is like being on stage and she says "do you have to talk?" and Arnold says,"No you dont have to talk.... unless you win, so I am talking alot"... I laugh every time I see that.
That one is great.

I also like the one on the behind the scenes where Franco is posing in front of the mirror, and Arnold says "No, side chest Franco. Hit the side chest and let it come out. And if you don't have it, don't hit it"

2cAnnons

Awards
"Its getting there" as arnold looks in the mirror at his back. No buddy your there, is what I always thing at that scene.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Not a quote either, but I love the scene where they're eating several pounds of hamburger.:food:

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Hey I gotta question. In the anniversary edition, Arnold talks about his steroid use and how it was legal then and they didn't know any better. Then he says how today's bodybuilders don't do steroids because they're tested all the time now?... :wtf:

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I imagine he says that because of his association with the Arnold Classic. I laughed out loud when I heard him say that on the DVD.