Fat People with Noticeable Muscle Mass = Automatic Juice???

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
Most fat people who start working out have to lose BF first before their muscles start to become visible. Yet, there are fat people who don't diet at all, start lifting and pack on muscle as if it is above the fat, rather than below the layers of fat. That looks weird, but I've seen a few people like this. Is this a clear indication of juicing, or is there something else at play here???

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could be but there are different types of fat and usually what's to blame for the look you're describing isn't from a new lifter but someone who's lifted heavy for years along with eating a ton of food. Look at your power lifters in natural competitions. A lot less bodybuilder looking but still a lot of muscle... and fat(not the rule but just a place to see more of it)

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
Could be but there are different types of fat and usually what's to blame for the look you're describing isn't from a new lifter but someone who's lifted heavy for years along with eating a ton of food. Look at your power lifters in natural competitions. A lot less bodybuilder looking but still a lot of muscle... and fat(not the rule but just a place to see more of it)
So fat+muscle is the result of lifting hard and basically eternal bulking/maintenance phases? I can buy that . . . but still . . . why would it look like the muscle is above the fat instead of the logical way of fat covering muscle? Weird, like those guys with pot bellies and six-pack abs and guys with very fat arms and chest but clear definition in their triceps and pecs . . .

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a belly but have defined chest and triceps... Not so much biceps. Some part genetics, some part work ethic(which body part focused). While you can spot reduce fat you can spot build muscle... Are you describing the HGH gut that some big guys have when you talk about abs on a big belly?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about SAT vs VAT...???

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
I have a belly but have defined chest and triceps... Not so much biceps. Some part genetics, some part work ethic(which body part focused). While you can spot reduce fat you can spot build muscle... Are you describing the HGH gut that some big guys have when you talk about abs on a big belly?
HGH Gut? Hahaha, maybe, I didn't know HGH did that. Oh man, I just googled it, looks really weird seeing someone that ripped and with a belly twice as big as a normal overweight dude . . .

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
So fat+muscle is the result of lifting hard and basically eternal bulking/maintenance phases? I can buy that . . . but still . . . why would it look like the muscle is above the fat instead of the logical way of fat covering muscle? Weird, like those guys with pot bellies and six-pack abs and guys with very fat arms and chest but clear definition in their triceps and pecs . . .
Men typically don't carry fat in those areas, bi's or tri's, etc. It's gut city. I look peeled in my workout shirt, but the wife knows better. It's a boy, no it's a girl, wait, it's a gut.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
Men typically don't carry fat in those areas, bi's or tri's, etc. It's gut city, some chest. I look peeled in my workout shirt, but the wife knows better. It's a boy, no it's a girl, wait, it's a gut.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
WTF, sorry for odd double post. I'm at a work computer w/ wicked security settings. things get funky.

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
Men typically don't carry fat in those areas, bi's or tri's, etc. It's gut city, some chest. I look peeled in my workout shirt, but the wife knows better. It's a boy, no it's a girl, wait, it's a gut.

LOL, that made me laugh in front of my boss. Overtime work today :(

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I know a family that is out of shape, as in no gym at all, but have these veins that throb over their fat. They also have broad shoulders. I wish I had those genetics!

Bacya

Awards
Op it seems to me that you have things backwards. In terms of arms the fat must be above the muscle however the muscle bulges and pushes out the fat giving the impression that the muscle is above the fat. also, anyone that lifts heavy will have to have a strong core leading to bigger abdominal muscle. This is what people refer to as a muscle gut, instead of wearing a lifting belt, we build our own. Look up konstantin konstantinov. He is a powerlifter with a strong muscle gut but also with visible abs.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll say it again, but spell it out this time :p

Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue vs Visceral Adipose Tissue

This can surely account for SOME of what the original post is asking about. Some of the other guys seem to be on to some good explanations as well.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
haha, ditto that...not only a funny post but one i can sympathize with

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established

This can surely account for SOME of what the original post is asking about. Some of the other guys seem to be on to some good explanations as well.
Yes, I think this is what OP is talking about. When I was heavier, I looked like a bouncer......other people that I know that have gained weight look jiggly and soft. Genetics

wicknilly

Awards

exactly

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
My take is that they pretty much have no hope of dropping fat, so they just keeping moving forward. There are a couple at my gym and they don't care. Both are already married and are strong as hell. They look like completely **** in my eyes but they just care about bear mode.

weeniman

Awards
Do ya think higher insulin levels (decreased insulin sensitivity) may play some part in enabling fatsos to build muscle? Maybe we can turn this epidemic of obesity into a good thing....

SkItZoId

SkItZoId

Awards
  • Established
Visceral Adipose Tissue may push the gut out beneath the muscle, other than that its genetics as the other guys here say.

The heaviest ive been is 210 pound, I had a wobble on me(non visceral) but I had huge arms and chest with veins popping. Just one of those things, when I shaved my head I looked just like my father, i freaked and got on the cardio.

SamuraiSid

Awards
Could be the beer belly myth???

Most guys at my gym do nothing but Chest and Biceps. The vanity muscles. Id assume (based on what I have seen) that years in the gym + poor diet (ie. lots and lots of beer) would result in muscularity along with a pot belly. Genetics could be to blame, but if your in the gym and notice that the majority of guys have this look to them, as they do at my gym, Id automatically assume its mostly poor diet to blame.