Exercise-induced hypoglycemia

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been on a cut. Trying to shed some extra fat before my bulk cycle.

I’ve been training once or twice a week fastest in the beginning. I bring karbolyn, and drink about 50 grams of carbs after like 30 minutes of working out.

Also been doing about 5 days a week of fastest cardio.

But this last week after training I noticed I was extra shaking, I try and train as hard as possible every time I lift. But I decided to test my blood sugar and it was 48. And I had already had my 50g of carbs and 30g protein shake.

Basically I’m done lifting if I haven’t eaten.

I’m on test, (started primo e 2 weeks ago),
GH, and winny pre workout

Would any of these compounds cause this? Should I be concerned?

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The gh is causing it, I'm almost positive

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No you're right I totally misread your post..I just got to work at 4am when i read it...was still waking up

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't think its any of the compounds..remember cardio is aerobic so you use oxygen. Weight lifting is anaerobic so you use sugar/ calories. So you maybe going hypo if you're lifting too hard/ long.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Carbolyn takes a bit longer to get into your system. Start it earlier before your lifting sessions, or mix a little dextrose in with it to get the quick release carb action if you truly want to start without the carbs. You are not losing more weight lifting and if muscle retention during your cut is the goal then you want to feed your workouts for better performance. That way you are stimulating the muscle with a stronger growth response then let the caloric deficit take care of the actual fat loss.

The popular thought is fasted cardio will get you to burn fat faster but typically your muscles still have plenty of glycogen in them. It is really about overall calories burnt. Even if it is not fat during the actual session it helps to create the deficit and fat can be burnt later due to the deficit. In studies it pretty much comes out as a wash either way. So just do what you prefer, or feel best doing.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been dealing with Hypoglycemia my whole like. I can only tell you my experience but I hope it will help. I can not use any carb boosting drinks (karbolyn) they will spike my blood sugar and than it crashes like the Hindenburg ie Shakes, Cold Sweats, and a feeling it take hours to recover from. Generally Am Fasted Workouts are not a problem (fasted means nothing) over night your system will switch into a fat-protein burning mode slowly as you sleep and will continue to use this fuel for your workout. Post workout you need carbs and protein, I prefer a half cup of dry oats with 50 grams of protein powder.