dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, taking it a couple days now noticed improved vascularity, and more restful sleep I get the vascularity but why better sleep? Reading this thread I am not the only one to see improvement in sleeping through the night.
mTOR activation is a potent sleep regulator. Still relatively new area of study, activation of mTOR prior to sleep results in shortened sleep periods, but increased amplitude.

Still working on this for Sleephoria, but it appears that mTOR activation triggers circadian gene expression, resulting in deeper sleep phases (if shorter periods of oscillation).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For those that don't want to read the whole thing (it's long)

It is well known that circadian clock regulates cellular metabolism. There has been considerable interest in studying the crosstalk between metabolism and the circadian clock[14]. However, it is not clear how various metabolic signals feed back into the clock mechanism. In the current study, we focused on the role of mTOR signaling in regulating the endogenous circadian clock function. Following our clock gene discovery through functional genomics, we employed an integrated approach combining genetic and pharmacological methods and examined the mTOR effects on circadian rhythms at multiple levels of biological organization, including fibroblasts, hepatocytes, adipocytes, the liver, the SCN, and the whole organism. We found that, while mTOR activation speeds up the clock oscillations (i.e. shorter period), mTOR inhibition lengthens circadian period. These phenotypes are consistent across multiple cell and tissue types including the central and peripheral oscillators. Moreover, mTOR also regulates rhythm amplitude: whereas mTOR inhibition dampens the amplitude, its activation increases the amplitude. Thus, certain level of mTOR activities appears to be required to maintain normal circadian oscillations in the SCN and peripheral oscillators.

Reactions: SMS

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would keep this as a staple and take it on a daily basis if it was the right price. This reminds me of betagen and cytovol two of my favorite products when I was younger.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I wish it caught on better. I'm going to try some alternate suppliers and see if I can't get the price down.