Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had ice cream last night.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
The high fat and sugar content leading to a larger and prolonged insulin release that doesn't decline close to baseline until ~240min?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The high fat and sugar content leading to a larger and prolonged insulin release that doesn't decline close to baseline until ~240min?
Yep, kind of like slugging 2 big slices of deep dish pie.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll grab one Wednesday. Kinda lame to ask on my first night.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been eating my home made select protein ice cream every night.... There's that route lol if u really want it

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been eating my home made select protein ice cream every night.... There's that route lol if u really want it
Worth it?

I'm still seeing the damage from last night.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Any benefit to taking .5-1 serving pre workout? I ask because BPI has a "ketogenic preworkout" coming out that shares some ingredients with KI. They're boasting fat burning and better performance due to the inclusion of said ingredients. Thoughts?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PA has done a lot of work studying exogenous ketones and performance. I would opt for KetoCaNa instead of KI for this purpose.

thebody47

thebody47

Awards
Testing ketones with piss sticks is about worthless. Blood strips will tell if you're in ketosis. Individual amino's can be ketogenic, like leucine. Others are not. Protein will knock you out of ketosis when high enough. Often fitness people say they're on a keto diet when in reality, they're just on a low carb diet. Protein being too high to get into ketosis.
I can attest to this. I'm on a low carb diet but hardly ever reach ketosis. I only eat less than 20 g carb a day and fail to get into ketosis using blood strips. As a 165 lber, I consume 175 g protein. I believe that amount for my weight is way too much protein for ketogenic purposes.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Ice cream definitely knocked the effectiveness down...also had Raising Cane's tonight. Call it stress eating...will get back on track tomorrow.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ice cream definitely knocked the effectiveness down...also had Raising Cane's tonight. Call it stress eating...will get back on track tomorrow.
Mmmm, that sauce though...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where may i find this select protein ice cream recipe?
I use:
1-2 scoops protein
1c ff Greek yogurt
2c unsweetened almond or cashew milk

Throw that mix into the ice cream maker (or if you don't have one, in the freezer- takes a lot longer tho and needs stirred every 30min or so)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Greek yogurt...aaaand you lost me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Greek yogurt...aaaand you lost me.
All protein and no fat/low carbs... Mmmmmmm. The volume I can eat of that for those cals makes my belly happy.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
All protein and no fat/low carbs... Mmmmmmm. The volume I can eat of that for those cals makes my belly happy.

Flavored or unflavored? The unflavored version makes me want to puke.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Flavored or unflavored? The unflavored version makes me want to puke.
I usually go plain for lower carbs but it makes no difference once the protein is in there. I've also used vanilla Carbmaster yogurt instead and that works just as well just use more yog and less milk since its thinner. Cals are lower too.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I usually go plain for lower carbs but it makes no difference once the protein is in there. I've also used vanilla Carbmaster yogurt instead and that works just as well just use more yog and less milk since its thinner. Cals are lower too.
Okay, yeah. I can see it not making a difference with the protein mixed in there. I've only tried making ice cream once and it was a fail so I haven't tried since lol

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Keto Ice cream:

8 Whole Eggs
8 Egg Yolks
4 Tsp Vanilla
2g Vit C powder
200g Kerry Gold Butter
200G Coconut oil
100g MCT oil
160g Xilotol Sweetener
100g of water

Put into a big blender and blend the piss out of it. Put in freezer and thank me for true keto ice cream.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keto Ice cream:

8 Whole Eggs
8 Egg Yolks
4 Tsp Vanilla
2g Vit C powder
200g Kerry Gold Butter
200G Coconut oil
100g MCT oil
160g Xilotol Sweetener
100g of water

Put into a big blender and blend the piss out of it. Put in freezer and thank me for true keto ice cream.
Interesting.

But I'm gonna have to add 600mg caffeine to that list.

KETO-ENERGY ICE CREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Keto Ice cream:

8 Whole Eggs
8 Egg Yolks
4 Tsp Vanilla
2g Vit C powder
200g Kerry Gold Butter
200G Coconut oil
100g MCT oil
160g Xilotol Sweetener
100g of water

holy hell.. thats like my cals for a week ha

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My ice cream recipe is 12-14 ice cubes, 2 cups almond milk, 2.5 scoops select, blender.... Freeze for about 35 mins and the mash it up with a spoon. Leave in fridge for about ten more minutes so if softens up to your preference

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking bAck at my food log from last week and comparing body composition to this week, I can confidently say that the inclusion of MCT or coconut oil in my diet led to much more enhanced fat loss last week.

Only like one tablespoon a day. Just had a hard time fitting that into my macros this week but I added it tomorrow for sure

thebody47

thebody47

Awards
Update: I had over 5000 kcal last night and majority were carbs, cheesecakes, pastries, cookies, fried rice, french fries (broke my keto diet after 9 days). Took KI and Mct 2 hours later, my blood ketones were at .3 mmol this morning at 6.

bigmike34

bigmike34

Awards
Have been taking KI for just under 2 weeks now, consistently doing 18-20 hour (one day 13) fast (water and black coffee/tea only) following KI, not including the minimum hour post carbs and I have not noticed any fat loss changes or mental benefits. Typically do fasted 45 min workout mWF 1 hr cardio T/Th. Have tried a spoon of coconut oil in morning once and tried a spoon at night.

What would be the best time to ingest coconut oil to maximize fat loss benefits from KI?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would assume with KI and before workout if it's anything like MCT

Lunarisx718

Lunarisx718

Awards
Have been taking KI for just under 2 weeks now, consistently doing 18-20 hour (one day 13) fast (water and black coffee/tea only) following KI, not including the minimum hour post carbs and I have not noticed any fat loss changes or mental benefits. Typically do fasted 45 min workout mWF 1 hr cardio T/Th. Have tried a spoon of coconut oil in morning once and tried a spoon at night.

What would be the best time to ingest coconut oil to maximize fat loss benefits from KI?
Are you in a deficit? tracking macros?

Negncic

Awards
I have been taking KI since it's release. A few days, ago my keto strips arrived. I dosed the KI and MCT 1.5 hours after a protein shake, 12 hours later there were no results on the keto strip. The next night I waited 2.5 hours after my last shake and this morning, same results. No measurement on the strip. I have been tracking my Macros and have reduced my caloric intake to 2200. Any suggestions?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been taking KI since it's release. A few days, ago my keto strips arrived. I dosed the KI and MCT 1.5 hours after a protein shake, 12 hours later there were no results on the keto strip. The next night I waited 2.5 hours after my last shake and this morning, same results. No measurement on the strip. I have been tracking my Macros and have reduced my caloric intake to 2200. Any suggestions?
What brand stripa did you get? We're getting wild variations depending on brand.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Trying to get a script for blood test strips.

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
I'm using smackfat ketone strips and they seem to work well. I have been 4.0 or more each morning. I also received a free precision xtra blood ketone tester but it only came with glucose strips I will order some ketone stripes and compare to the smackfat strips

ronnycjc

Awards
  • Established
It's been over a week on KI. It feels like I'm getting shorter average sleep duration and I sometimes find myself waking up before my alarm goes off. I've been tracking my sleep on an app...

I'm leaning out in most areas, with the biggest improvement in terms of leaning and muscle definition is in my calves out of all areas lol. But I hsve this small pouch of water in my lower abs.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's been over a week on KI. It feels like I'm getting shorter average sleep duration and I sometimes find myself waking up before my alarm goes off. I've been tracking my sleep on an app...

I'm leaning out in most areas, with the biggest improvement in terms of leaning and muscle definition is in my calves out of all areas lol. But I hsve this small pouch of water in my lower abs.
I've noticed waking up earlier too. I have to force myself to go back to sleep some times

macwad

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiosity, try dosing without the MCT...

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Am I the only one not getting this good tasting orange flavor from KI? Taste like alka seltzer

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Am I the only one not getting this good tasting orange flavor from KI? Taste like alka seltzer
I wouldn't call it GOOD by any means petsonally, but I've had much much worse lol.

Its like the flavor is actually good, but the subflavor or whatever it's masking is just too strong to go away.

ronnycjc

Awards
  • Established
I remember on the first night I took KI... I really hated the taste of it. However, after the 3rd day, I grew to like the taste.

dafeesh34

Awards
I remember on the first night I took KI... I really hated the taste of it. However, after the 3rd day, I grew to like the taste.
I personally love the taste. However, I had an added scoop of Strafe mixed with it.. But then again, cantaloupe flavored strafe tasted like good to me lol.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I really enjoy the flavor of KI as well ha. Need to try the strafe combo at some point

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally love the taste. However, I had an added scoop of Strafe mixed with it.. But then again, cantaloupe flavored strafe tasted like good to me lol.
Strafe was a no go in the taste department for me but KI with the MCT is pretty bomb.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Strafe was a no go in the taste department for me but KI with the MCT is pretty bomb.
Ya I don't love strafe alone (not bad, just not a cantaloupe fan tho so expected) but the combo seems intriguing.