Evomuse Gut Health Zinc?

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
dsade

Just got another bottle of gut health. Noticed it has 23mg of zinc in there now. I've been taking 50mg of zinc picolinate daily, so I'm guessing this would be too much zinc now. I would hate to drop the picolinate. What should I do or is it ok?

E

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Zinc is good but I would like to know this too!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
from what ive seen doses up to 100mg/day of zinc are fine

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but that depends upon what kind right? You get way more absorption out of 100mg of picolinate than 100mg gluconate from what I understand

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The zinc-l-carnosine and apple polyphenols , IMO are a huge upgrade to the Gut Health formula. They should thicken the mucus lining in the gut, reduce inflammation and decrease infection/sickness even more than the original formula.

I can't say as well as Matt, but I would consider the zinc I get in my diet along with supplementation and decide it it is an issue. I would consider cutting your zinc picolinate dose in half if you can?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In to see this information as I just purchased gut health

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
The zinc-l-carnosine and apple polyphenols , IMO are a huge upgrade to the Gut Health formula. They should thicken the mucus lining in the gut, reduce inflammation and decrease infection/sickness even more than the original formula.

I can't say as well as Matt, but I would consider the zinc I get in my diet along with supplementation and decide it it is an issue. I would consider cutting your zinc picolinate dose in half if you can?
That's what I was thinking. I was using Now foods which only comes in 50mg. Might just have to switch brands. Just don't want to drop the picolo because I feel the absorption is superior to even zma.

I'm guessing the l-carnosine is a different from the others mentioned. Just wondering it's strength when compared to gluco or picolo.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, but that depends upon what kind right? You get way more absorption out of 100mg of picolinate than 100mg gluconate from what I understand
dont worry about the source, worry about the total amount of elemental zinc

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's what I was thinking. I was using Now foods which only comes in 50mg. Might just have to switch brands. Just don't want to drop the picolo because I feel the absorption is superior to even zma.

I'm guessing the l-carnosine is a different from the others mentioned. Just wondering it's strength when compared to gluco or picolo.
You could always move to 1 every other day. It isn't like you need to constantly supply every mineral...

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just bought a bottle of Gut Health off the Evomuse site minutes ago. I don't trust Amazon or other sites to have the updated formula. I check them and it says New Version but the ingredients listed are the one prior...

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
You could always move to 1 every other day. It isn't like you need to constantly supply every mineral...
Yeah...that was another option I thought of. I just love the libido boost from the picolo.