EvoMuse DCP Writeup

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@dsade was the curcumin addition the only change/upgrade?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotcha . That was specifically added for what purpose/function again?
For this purpose it both directly and indirectly increases liver PPARa function. Indirectly by relieving stress of the endoplasmic reticulum.

These are crystals of my own design formed with ascorbic acid which greatly increases absorption.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For this purpose it both directly and indirectly increases liver PPARa function. Indirectly by relieving stress of the endoplasmic reticulum.

These are crystals of my own design formed with ascorbic acid which greatly increases absorption.
Alright, alright... Have 3 bottles on order already with Flexit

Now any update on the BMP front?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright, alright... Have 3 bottles on order already with Flexit

Now any update on the BMP front?
Tracking says it should be delivered to production on the 13th.

If that actually makes it then probably end of the month.

Rich Tits

Awards
I think I need a few more obscure 3 letter product names.
Lol. At least one more for a holy trifecta. What’s the dosing on the added boron and houttuynia cordata for the new formulation? And what have you noticed with the conjunction of the two in the update?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol. At least one more for a holy trifecta. What’s the dosing on the added boron and houttuynia cordata for the new formulation. And what have you noticed with the conjunction of the two in the update?
I actually ran out 6 weeks ago. Horrible timing since I'm still trying to recover from my torn pec tendon.

I'll grab the label later.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Once again reminding of the 2 most important dosing times.

Pre-workout to maximize muscular PPAR-delta activation, and pre-bed where the shift over to liver beta-oxidation is ideal.

Staying disciplined with those 2 times will not disappoint

ReformedNerd

Awards

Pre-workout to maximize muscular PPAR-delta activation, and pre-bed where the shift over to liver beta-oxidation is ideal.

Thank you. Couldn't find this but knew it was out there.

Got my DCP in today. Going to be dosing 3 pre-workout and 3 pre-bed based on your recommendations.

Let the shredding begin!

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
@dsade I will then 3 cPs of Epitome v3 the 3 caps of dcp.befire working out and then 3caps at night before sleep , thanks fir your input!!

JAmesprice

Awards
@dsade do you have any thoughts on the twice daily dosing vs thrice daily dosing?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone who feels like commenting on endurance enhancement would be appreciated. This angle will form the secondary and tertiary angles for a CardioTryx upgrade, so feedback would be great.

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone who feels like commenting on endurance enhancement would be appreciated. This angle will form the secondary and tertiary angles for a CardioTryx upgrade, so feedback would be great.
So DCP might help with endurance? I might have to order a bottle or two to test this out. I plan on doing a lot running, biking, swimming and hiking this summer. Cardiotryx was one of my favorite products of yours, along with BMP and ClearEdge. Hoping they all return soon so I can stock up.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So DCP might help with endurance? I might have to order a bottle or two to test this out. I plan on doing a lot running, biking, swimming and hiking this summer. Cardiotryx was one of my favorite products of yours, along with BMP and ClearEdge. Hoping they all return soon so I can stock up.
PPARd, in addition to incredible fat burning especially during exercise, boosts endurance.

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
@dsade Any stock left ? Went to buy a few and it wouldn’t let me

Thanks

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Helps shift endurance fuel to fatty acids over glucose, which also means more fat burned per unit (time, intensity, etc) of exercise.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is quite interesting as well, especially in the context of combining with BMP.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As an aside, by shifting primary fuel to FFA and sparing glucose, this will leave more glucose available to the brain. This will preserve sharpness, clarity, reflexes/reaction, etc especially for things like combat sports.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seems like one time I read that DCP would help with cholesterol. Thoughts?

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I asked this on facebook as well but wondering if anyone had any insights at least to the second part about DCP and Epitome / Brite

Is ultra DCP different then previous formulas? Also, two more questions
1. Is there any eta on restock If epitome and brite caps?
2. If one could only take DCP or brite/epitome stack which would be the better one for lean getting leaner? Context is very very lean natty bodybuilder trying to get leaner. Thanks bros

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
I asked this on facebook as well but wondering if anyone had any insights at least to the second part about DCP and Epitome / Brite

2. If one could only take DCP or brite/epitome stack which would be the better one for lean getting leaner? Context is very very lean natty bodybuilder trying to get leaner. Thanks bros
Is a different formula,epitome brite still on evomuse site .

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Slight upgrade, added in an endoplasmic reticulum angle to enhance function and overall health.

DCP is your best choice if you are already lean.

Flexnnutz

Flexnnutz

Awards
@dsade. Lovin the Ultra DCP. I'm bout 2 weeks in and have a noticed a significant increase in pump and muscle fullness throughout the day. I'm taking it 2 pills (3x daily). My wife is also running a bottle and is liking it. She feels more endurance and so have I but the biggest surprise for me is the pump (prohormone level pump). I've run BMP solo and BMP/Myosynergy stacked but DCP has provided better results for me. Keep up the great work. One question; how long is DCP recommended to be ran for?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@dsade. Lovin the Ultra DCP. I'm bout 2 weeks in and have a noticed a significant increase in pump and muscle fullness throughout the day. I'm taking it 2 pills (3x daily). My wife is also running a bottle and is liking it. She feels more endurance and so have I but the biggest surprise for me is the pump (prohormone level pump). I've run BMP solo and BMP/Myosynergy stacked but DCP has provided better results for me. Keep up the great work. One question; how long is DCP recommended to be ran for?
Awesome.

The design of DCP is such that it doesn't need to be cycled.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A bit more info now that I have a minute...

By causing a rapid shift to fatty acids over glucose/glycogen, DCP helps keep your muscles fuller which is also baseline anabolic.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Would it be better to take 2 caps at those 2 times and 2 more in between, or just take 3 caps for each of those two times only?

CF2

Awards
  • Established
Would it be better to take 2 caps at those 2 times and 2 more in between, or just take 3 caps for each of those two times only?
FWIW the dosing instructions say three times daily.

D417D897-BA26-447F-823E-7BEB3C811436.jpeg

Reactions: ax1
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should be interesting. I have a female older competitor that was competing fitness recently. Despite seemingly impeccable timing, she came in completely FLAT for her competition.

I'm tracing this out and hovering around excessive ER stress , which kick GSK3b (see the TopMuscle writeup) into overdrive and not only triggers potent atrophic pathways but also screws up glycogen balance.

She's holding her conditioning to help with an experiment with DCP.

Going to see if she will add BMP too, but will let you know.

Reactions: CF2
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DCP Writeup updated

DCP 2016 Write Up Full

INTRO

EvoMuse is proud to announce the next iteration of the extremely popular fat loss supplement DCP. While some of the ingredients from previous versions remain, we have included several brand new compounds targeting additional pathways to ensure the new DCP even outperforms the great track record of its past.

INGREDIENTS AND FUNCTION

Rose Ellagitannins (RE)
The primary function of RE in this formula is DGAT inhibition.

Diglyceride Acetyltransferase (DGAT) is an enzyme which is vital to the process of forming adipose tissue. DGAT inhibition is an effective and unique angle for targeting fat loss. In fact, DGAT knockout mice (meaning they lack the DGAT enzyme) are resistant to obesity, and exhibit increased insulin and leptin sensitivity.

RE has been shown to significantly inhibit up to 96% of DGAT, which basically makes it super hard for your body to store fat (1). Which is not a suggestion to eat like an escaped convict, the take home point here is that when following a proper fat loss diet, controlling DGAT is going to be a big advantage.

Additionally, RE has some beneficial effects on blood lipids and inflammation. Specifically, lowering postprandial triglycerides and suppressing inflammatory cytokines like TNF-a, IL-6 and IL-1b (2). Also, give RE some bonus points for inhibiting growth of E. coli by 50% (3). Might as well improve health as you get ripped, right?

Gamma Mangostin 30% (GM)
GM is a dual PPAR-alpha and PPAR-delta agonist (4).

As for PPAR-a, its activation is directly involved with all three stages of fat burning, and is one of the most important players in lipid metabolism. It is triggered naturally during calorie deprivation and in severe carbohydrate restriction to aid in the production of ketones.

Regarding PPAR-d, increased expression of this nuclear receptor has been shown to increase fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle by shifting the body's metabolic preference away from carbohydrate in favor of lipids.

This is favorable for multiple reasons. Obviously this means you'll be burning more fat per unit of time, but one side effect of the body relying less on carbohydrate and more on fatty acids is that the latter is a cleaner burning fuel. During exercise you will produce less lactate, prolonging the accumulation of hydrogen ions as well as reducing the total ROS output. Burn more fat, better workout performance, quicker recovery.

Recent research shows that something called Lipopolysachharides (LPS), also known as endotoxins, will suppress PPARa gene expression. LPS elevation is linked with obesity, inflammation, and insulin resistance. Controlling LPS overproduction is a little-known way to assist in fat loss, and GM has been shown suppress LPS, in addition to directly boosting PPAR-a function (5).

Artemisia Iwayamogi 20:1 (AI)
Artemisia Iwayomogi (AI) is a Korean herb from the Asteraceae family, checking in as the second PPAR-d agonist in the DCP formula. It is made up of at least 20 known compounds, however it is not known exactly which and how many of these compounds are responsible for providing the numerous benefits.

As we know, herbs such as this are often far more than just the sum of their known parts; for this reason, a full spectrum 20:1 ethanol extract has been chosen for this formula.

AI is an exciting little herb, and although research in humans is in its infancy, the current published data have given us reason to expect big things with regards to accelerating fat loss and improving overall health.

In addition to the PPAR-d angle, AI offers the following benefits in regards to fat loss:

Increased expression of CPT1
AI has been shown to upregulate Carnitine Palmitoyl Transferase (CPT1B), which is a key reason why this herb is going to speed up the fat loss process (6).

CPT1's are a class of mitochondrial enzymes, the "B" subtype are found in skeletal muscle as well as white and brown adipose tissue (WAT & BAT). This enzyme is responsible for transporting long chain fatty acids (LFCA's) across the outer cell membrane so they can be delivered inside the cell to be oxidized. So simply put, more CPT1, more fat is handed to your furnace on a silver platter.

Increased expression of PDK4
Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Kinase Isozyme 4 (PDK4) is an enzyme that phosphorylates something called pyruvate dehydrogenase with the help of ATP, rendering it inactive. This process converts pyruvate to acetyl-coA, thereby increasing energy expenditure. AI has been shown to upregulate this enzyme (6).

Improves efficiency of two out of three steps in the fat burning process
For your body to actually "burn" fat, it has to go through a three step process. Step one is liberating the fat from stored tissue, known as lipolysis. Step two is transporting the fat; step three is actually using it as fuel, known as beta oxidation. AI encourages a higher rate of both transport and oxidation.

Osteoblast stimulation
Scopoletin, one of the compounds found in AI, has been shown to be an intracellular antioxidant, suppressing ROS and superoxide anions in osteoclasts, and looks to be an important player in differentiation of these cells (7). Research also shows AI can actually stimulate osteoblasts to make new bone (8).

As we learn more about the vital role of bone on regulating full body metabolism and the importance of osteocalcin in this process through its interaction on adipokines such as adiponectin, this suggests a potential metabolic boost from another pathway (9). We will revisit this when we discuss Carnitine Fumarate.

Upregulation of secondary fat burning genes
AI has also been shown to upregulate several other genes affecting energy expenditure and lipid efflux including PGC1A and UCP3 (6).

Suppression of inflammatory cytokines
Multiple studies have looked at the effect of mice given a high fat diet with or without concurrent administration of AI. They have found remarkable results including reduction of visceral fat gain, prevention of elevated lipids, leptin, glucose and insulin as well as a reduction in several inflammatory cytokines including TNF-s and IL-6 (6,10).

Hepatoprotective
AI has also been shown in mice to prevent damage from alcohol consumption (yep, they got mice drunk). The mice that weren't lucky enough to get a dose of AI with their bourbon saw their cholesterol and triglycerides jump up and fat burning take a nose dive, while the group that received AI didn't experience these side effects from the alcohol ingestion (11).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DCP Writeup updated

DCP 2016 Write Up Full

INTRO

EvoMuse is proud to announce the next iteration of the extremely popular fat loss supplement DCP. While some of the ingredients from previous versions remain, we have included several brand new compounds targeting additional pathways to ensure the new DCP even outperforms the great track record of its past.

INGREDIENTS AND FUNCTION

Rose Ellagitannins (RE)
The primary function of RE in this formula is DGAT inhibition.

Diglyceride Acetyltransferase (DGAT) is an enzyme which is vital to the process of forming adipose tissue. DGAT inhibition is an effective and unique angle for targeting fat loss. In fact, DGAT knockout mice (meaning they lack the DGAT enzyme) are resistant to obesity, and exhibit increased insulin and leptin sensitivity.

RE has been shown to significantly inhibit up to 96% of DGAT, which basically makes it super hard for your body to store fat (1). Which is not a suggestion to eat like an escaped convict, the take home point here is that when following a proper fat loss diet, controlling DGAT is going to be a big advantage.

Additionally, RE has some beneficial effects on blood lipids and inflammation. Specifically, lowering postprandial triglycerides and suppressing inflammatory cytokines like TNF-a, IL-6 and IL-1b (2). Also, give RE some bonus points for inhibiting growth of E. coli by 50% (3). Might as well improve health as you get ripped, right?

Gamma Mangostin 30% (GM)
GM is a dual PPAR-alpha and PPAR-delta agonist (4).

As for PPAR-a, its activation is directly involved with all three stages of fat burning, and is one of the most important players in lipid metabolism. It is triggered naturally during calorie deprivation and in severe carbohydrate restriction to aid in the production of ketones.

Regarding PPAR-d, increased expression of this nuclear receptor has been shown to increase fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle by shifting the body's metabolic preference away from carbohydrate in favor of lipids.

This is favorable for multiple reasons. Obviously this means you'll be burning more fat per unit of time, but one side effect of the body relying less on carbohydrate and more on fatty acids is that the latter is a cleaner burning fuel. During exercise you will produce less lactate, prolonging the accumulation of hydrogen ions as well as reducing the total ROS output. Burn more fat, better workout performance, quicker recovery.

Recent research shows that something called Lipopolysachharides (LPS), also known as endotoxins, will suppress PPARa gene expression. LPS elevation is linked with obesity, inflammation, and insulin resistance. Controlling LPS overproduction is a little-known way to assist in fat loss, and GM has been shown suppress LPS, in addition to directly boosting PPAR-a function (5).

Artemisia Iwayamogi 20:1 (AI)
Artemisia Iwayomogi (AI) is a Korean herb from the Asteraceae family, checking in as the second PPAR-d agonist in the DCP formula. It is made up of at least 20 known compounds, however it is not known exactly which and how many of these compounds are responsible for providing the numerous benefits.

As we know, herbs such as this are often far more than just the sum of their known parts; for this reason, a full spectrum 20:1 ethanol extract has been chosen for this formula.

AI is an exciting little herb, and although research in humans is in its infancy, the current published data have given us reason to expect big things with regards to accelerating fat loss and improving overall health.

In addition to the PPAR-d angle, AI offers the following benefits in regards to fat loss:

Increased expression of CPT1
AI has been shown to upregulate Carnitine Palmitoyl Transferase (CPT1B), which is a key reason why this herb is going to speed up the fat loss process (6).

CPT1's are a class of mitochondrial enzymes, the "B" subtype are found in skeletal muscle as well as white and brown adipose tissue (WAT & BAT). This enzyme is responsible for transporting long chain fatty acids (LFCA's) across the outer cell membrane so they can be delivered inside the cell to be oxidized. So simply put, more CPT1, more fat is handed to your furnace on a silver platter.

Increased expression of PDK4
Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Kinase Isozyme 4 (PDK4) is an enzyme that phosphorylates something called pyruvate dehydrogenase with the help of ATP, rendering it inactive. This process converts pyruvate to acetyl-coA, thereby increasing energy expenditure. AI has been shown to upregulate this enzyme (6).

Improves efficiency of two out of three steps in the fat burning process
For your body to actually "burn" fat, it has to go through a three step process. Step one is liberating the fat from stored tissue, known as lipolysis. Step two is transporting the fat; step three is actually using it as fuel, known as beta oxidation. AI encourages a higher rate of both transport and oxidation.

Osteoblast stimulation
Scopoletin, one of the compounds found in AI, has been shown to be an intracellular antioxidant, suppressing ROS and superoxide anions in osteoclasts, and looks to be an important player in differentiation of these cells (7). Research also shows AI can actually stimulate osteoblasts to make new bone (8).

As we learn more about the vital role of bone on regulating full body metabolism and the importance of osteocalcin in this process through its interaction on adipokines such as adiponectin, this suggests a potential metabolic boost from another pathway (9). We will revisit this when we discuss Carnitine Fumarate.

Upregulation of secondary fat burning genes
AI has also been shown to upregulate several other genes affecting energy expenditure and lipid efflux including PGC1A and UCP3 (6).

Suppression of inflammatory cytokines
Multiple studies have looked at the effect of mice given a high fat diet with or without concurrent administration of AI. They have found remarkable results including reduction of visceral fat gain, prevention of elevated lipids, leptin, glucose and insulin as well as a reduction in several inflammatory cytokines including TNF-s and IL-6 (6,10).

Hepatoprotective
AI has also been shown in mice to prevent damage from alcohol consumption (yep, they got mice drunk). The mice that weren't lucky enough to get a dose of AI with their bourbon saw their cholesterol and triglycerides jump up and fat burning take a nose dive, while the group that received AI didn't experience these side effects from the alcohol ingestion (11).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carnitine Fumarate (CF)
L-Carnitine is an amino acid with a primary function of carrying fatty acids into the mitochondria so they can be oxidized. It also favorably manipulates the Acyl COA/Acetyl COA ratio in favor of fat burning, and plays a key role in energy metabolsm (18).

Fumarate is a component of the Krebs cycle and plays a key role in generating energy.

The Carnitine & Fumarate combination, as CF, will help re-supply depleted carnitine to support optimal fat oxidation while also positively modulating osteoblast function at a rate about 10-fold greater than regular L-Carnitine, which has a significant impact on whole body metabolism and energy expenditure (also previously discussed in the AI section) (19,20). If you’ve read the EvoMuse BMP write-up, you’ll know how big of a deal this osteoblast angle really is.

In rats fed a fattening diet for 16 weeks, to the point of giving them metabolic syndrome, they developed central obesity, dyslipidemia, hypertension, impaired glucose tolerance, hyperinsulinemia, and NAFLD. The rats that were given Carnitine experienced an attenuation of ALL of these issues (21). Another rat study demonstrated that Carnitine was able to counteract obesity induced muscle fiber transition, and restore a muscle oxidative metabolic phenotype (22).

Momordin 35%
Momordin is a bioactive glycoside extracted from the bitter melon fruit grown throughout Asia, Africa & The Caribbean.

This is the third ingredient in the formula to target PPAR-d, in addition to GM and AI.

As a refresher, increased expression of this nuclear receptor has been shown to increase fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle by shifting the body's metabolic preference away from carbohydrate in favor of lipids (23). Momordin has been shown to upregulate human PPAR-d expression in vitro (24).

A study done in 2011 showed Bitter Melon Juice (containing momordin) was able to have a two-pronged attack on fat metabolism by inhibiting its storage as well as increasing rate of lipolysis in human fat cells (25).

In mice fed a high fat diet, the group receiving Bitter Melon bioactives lost weight, improved glucose metabolism and raised insulin sensitivity by increasing GLUT-4 density in skeletal muscle cells (26). It can also potentially slow gastric emptying, which improves glucose metabolism and insulin signaling (27).

Mangiferin
Mangiferin is known as a xanthanoid, and it is found in mangoes as well as a few other places in nature. It represents the 2nd DCP ingredient to target PPAR-a, along with GM.

As a refresher on PPARa, its activation is directly involved with all three stages of fat burning, and is one of the most important players in lipid metabolism. It is triggered naturally during calorie deprivation and in severe carbohydrate restriction to aid in the production of ketones. Mangiferin has been shown in several studies to effectively upregulate PPAR-a (28–30).
Unlike PPAR-a, PPAR-g is responsible for increasing storage of fat in the fat cell. Mangiferin has been shown to reduce its activity thereby reducing fat storage (31).

As discussed previously in the RE section, Mangiferin also targets DGAT. As a refresher, diglyceride acetyltransferase (DGAT) is the enzyme responsible for the third and final step in producing a triglyceride from glycerol and fatty acids. Downregulate DGAT, which Mangiferin has been shown to do, and you reduce fat accumulation and increase leptin sensitivity significantly (28).

Remember CPT1 from the AI section? Mangiferin hits this angle as well, causing an upregulation of CPT1, encouraging increased fat burning. It also cranks up Lipoprotein Lipase (LPL), another necessary enzyme in the fat burning process (28).

Mangiferin has been shown to improve glucose utilization by increasing GLUT4 density on the muscle cell, while activating AMPK (31,32). Along these lines, it has also been shown to reduce the cognitive decline associated with the downstream effects of diabetes by reducing Advanced Glycation End Products, oxidative stress, and inflammation (33).

A brand new human study on Mangiferin showed some excellent results. Subjects were overweight with hyperlipidemia. After 12 weeks of either Mangiferin or placebo supplementation, the Mangiferin group had decreased triglycerides, improved insulin sensitivity, increased HDL, increased ketones, and increased LPL. Mangiferin also promoted an increased oxidation of FFA’s (34).

Lastly, Mangiferin has been shown to prevent the differentiation of adipocytes, steering satellite cells away from becoming fat cells (35).

The one side effect that comes hand in hand with Mangiferin supplementation is carnitine depletion. Thanks to the CM in this formula, this will not be an issue.

Quick Overview of FTO
The “Fat mass and obesity-associated protein” is an enzyme encoded by the FTO gene, which does a pretty good job of describing itself in the name. Subjects with a gene variant overexpressing FTO show higher levels of insulin and insulin resistance.

FTO predisposes individuals to fat gain and obesity, whereas FTO-negative subjects are resistant to obesity due to enhanced energy expenditure, and reduced conversion of carbohydrates to fat (de-novo lipogenesis).

Fat cells deficient in FTO exhibit 4x higher expression of UCP1 in the mitochondria, and this FTO deficiency leads to a “browning” of white adipocytes (see EvoMuse BRITE for more on why that’s awesome, which is our product directly targeting this browning effect through multiple angles) (41–43).

The next two ingredients in DCP, among other things, target FTO.

Quercetin-Theobromine cocrystals
Quercetin is one of the most studied flavonoids, and has tons of extremely impressive research backing its benefits. Problem is, most of that research is either in vitro, or, in animals with dissimilar digestion/absorption framework.

The reason for the lack of good human in vivo data, is that the efficacy of this nutrient is extremely limited in humans due to low bioavailability, caused by low aqueous solubility and minimal absorption in the gut. The human liver also does a number on it through some pretty unfavorable conjugation.

One study in particular looked at human ingestion of a huge oral dose of quercetin (4g), and found no measurable increase in plasma or urine quercetin concentrations…yikes. What the researchers did find, however, was that about 53% of the quercetin dose was recovered in subject’s feces, suggesting extensive degradation by microorganisms in the gut (44).

Now comes the cool part.

Cocrystals are multi-component molecular crystals that dramatically improve bioavailability of certain nutrients (flavonoids in particular). By turning quercetin into a cocrystal with theobromine, the pharmacokinetic properties become vastly superior, and this process yields a quercetin which is able to completely overcome the problem of water insolubility and bioavailability (45).

This means we can finally reap all of the awesome benefits of quercetin.

For our purposes in the DCP formula, these benefits relate to multiple, potent angles to augment fat loss.

First things first, quercetin has a very high binding affinity to the aforementioned FTO gene. This means it will basically put FTO in a headlock and prevent it from carrying out its diabolical plan to keep you from losing fat. Through FTO inhibition, quercetin will favorably tip the lipolysis/adipogenesis ratio, encouraging fat loss while reducing fat storage (46,47).

Then it hits that same idea through a different pathway, just to be sure. Specifically, it does so by increasing the expression of ATGL and HSL, while downregulating FAS, LPL, and aP2 (48). Simply put, it cranks up fat burning enzymes while suppressing fat storing enzymes.

Quercetin also targets the AMPK pathway. Here’s what you need to know about AMPK in 10 seconds:

AMPK is an enzyme that regulates energy balance. When activated, it triggers fat oxidation (liver and skeletal muscle), puts the brakes on fat storage, encourages ketone production, tells the muscles to take up glucose, and as a few other cool things. Some of the benefits of exercise can be tied back to simple AMPK activation.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quercetin has been shown to favorably regulate this AMPK pathway under several conditions, including overfeeding (49). It has also been shown to activate AMPK in both normal and insulin resistant metabolic conditions (AMPK signaling can get pretty botched in insulin resistant folks) (50).

Supplemental quercetin (given to mice) suppressed fat storage hormones, inhibited lipid accumulation in fat cells, and reduced body weight by almost 40%! (51).

Several animal studies have looked at the administration of a fattening diet, with and without quercetin, to see if any benefit from supplementation can be found. Here’s a couple of highlights:

1.Quercetin group had significantly reduced body weight gain, liver weight gain, fat gain, as well as lower cholesterol and triglycerides. The researchers suggested that through the downregulation of lipogenesis, quercetin may help prevent diet induced obesity (52).
2.Quercetin vs. several other flavonoids, quercetin outperformed everything else by preventing bodyweight gain (moreso than all of the others) over 12 weeks of overfeeding. It also reduced visceral fat, leptin, and even lowered the diet induced accumulation of liver fat by 71% (53).

Excess body fat tends to coincide with adipose tissue inflammation, which contributes to a dysfunctional fat cell and dysregulated adipokine secretion (54). Fat cells should be able to store fat (necessary for survival), and then also be good at releasing it to fuel the body’s energy demands. The more excess fat you pack on, the more this in/out process goes haywire, and the “in” switch gets stuck on.

It’s a complex process, so here’s what you need to know: Quercetin reduces fat cell inflammation, which should allow fat cells to respond better to dieting/calorie restriction (51,55). Through a direct effect on mitochondrial processes in the fat cell, quercetin favorably modulates multiple adipokines (54).

Lastly, quercetin can actually prevent the differentiation of stromal cells into adipocytes, which is a huge metabolic benefit (48).

Menthol
Menthol is a naturally occurring monoterpene, and can be found in wild mint and peppermint. We’re going to revisit beta-3 AR’s here briefly to understand the benefit of Menthol. Beta-3 AR’s are found in only a few tissues in the body, the important one being brown fat. Activation of these receptors in brown fat causes an increase in energy expenditure. Things like norepinephrine release, or Octopamine can activate these receptors.

In addition to these beta-3 receptors, brown fat has temperature receptors, basically letting the body know when it senses cold, called TRPM8 receptors (also known as CMR1 receptors).

When these receptors are triggered by cold, brown fat responds by upregulating thermogenesis to warm the body (63). Menthol actually binds to these receptors, essentially tricking the body into thinking it just sensed a cold temperature, therefore carrying out the same desired effect of increased thermogenesis. White fat also contains these TRPM8 receptors, and when activated, they transdifferentiate into brite cells expressing UCP1 (64). Menthol also binds to something called the Transient Receptor Potential A1 (TRPA1), which is another cold-sensing receptor linked to brown fat activation (65,66).

Added to DCP— or rather, added to DCP Ultra—is a Curcumin-Ascorbic Acid cocrystal that is sure to elevate an already next-level formula.

It's probable you've heard of Curcumin. There's even a decent chance you're already supplementing with it. And given the exhaustive literature reporting on its wide-ranging health benefits (cognitive, cardiovascular, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, etc.) it's pretty much a no-brainer to be taking it in this day and age.

But Curcumin has a drawback. Having close to zero solubility in water, it's absorption in the Gut is extremely low. But by forming the extremely pure Curcumin into a cocrystal with Ascorbic Acid, we are able to increase solubility, and by extension absorption, by many orders or magnitude.

But why? Curcumin's benefits are far beyond the scope of this quick writeup, but one effect is stunning. Curcumin dramatically reduces stress of the endoplasmic reticulum. Turns out that ER function and PPAR function are inextricably tied together. By alleviating stress in the cellular ER structures, PPAR-alpha function kicks into overdrive.

Endoplasmic Reticulum stress also upregulates Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3b. A ubiquitous enzyme, perhaps the most common in the entire body, GSK3b overexpression drives atrophic pathways (muscle atrophy) and glycogen dysfunction, leading to the body being thrown out of ideal homeostasis. By alleviating ER stress, rather than inhibiting GSK3b sytemically, we are able to dial in our results for fat loss, endurance enhancement, and continued muscle growth.

The overall effect is once again the most potent fat burning powerhouse ever to hit the market

CONCLUSION
In summary, DCP aims to optimize your fat loss efforts by favorably modulating DGAT, PPAR’s, inflammatory cytokines, CPT1, PDK4, Osteoblasts, TRPV1, UCP1, AMPK, LPL, FTO, lipolysis, FFA oxidation, brite cells, TRPM8, appetite suppression, and more. Fat doesn’t stand a chance!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
I'm seeing two recommendations for dosing either 2/2/2 or 3/3. I currently am taking 3 pre fasted workout in the early AM and another 3 pre bed. Is this dosing optimal or would it be better to add a lunch time dose and switch to 2/2/2?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm seeing two recommendations for dosing either 2/2/2 or 3/3. I currently am taking 3 pre fasted workout in the early AM and another 3 pre bed. Is this dosing optimal or would it be better to add a lunch time dose and switch to 2/2/2?
2/2/2 is better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ericool007 Supplements 21
Supplements 8
Supplements 5
u_e_s_i Supplements 2
u_e_s_i Supplements 0