EpiPlex and/or Follidrone2.0

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Was wondering if anyone stacks CEL's EpiPlex and BLR's Follidrone together?
Expensive but worth it?
Anyone prefer one over the other?

Let's hear it @sns8778

Stern3657

Awards
These are both great products but I don’t see a benefit in stacking (as opposed to just using a higher dose of one or the other).

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would just stick with the Follidrone only because it has additional ingredients to the epc.

If you are set on stacking it, then I would go Follidrone+Androgin.......

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Expensive but worth it?

Let's hear it @sns8778
both awesome products in my opinion

Epi plex - straight -epi, no prop .. one bottle can be extended past 4 weeks

1st week - 1 cap .. and then follow 2 caps a day has been great

you can actually stack them ( i have done that with okay results, felt solo epi plex @ 600mg was better )
stacking you can do epi plex ( 1 bottle and extend it 8 weeks )

epi plex will enhance other stuff you throw in .. i love epi plex + anabolic effect

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
Follidrone is one of the best products I’ve taken hands down
Crazy endurance and recomp effects

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Personally, I would go with Epi-Plex. If not for the fact that Follidrone uses a prop blend. Prop blends are always a point of concern for me. I mean why have one?

Then also because someone brought up very interesting points regarding Androgin in another comparison thread. At the least I would say stack the two products so you know you’re getting an exact and adequate amount of Epi.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Expensive but worth it?

Let's hear it @sns8778
I have the feeling I'm tagged here because you already know my policy on not liking to compare our products to competing companies products because I never like to say anything negative about other companies. :)

You could stack them if you wanted to. The only common ingredient is Epicatechin. But I think you'd find much better feedback on stacking Epi-Plex with Anabolic Effect if you want to run a stack with Epi-Plex as the base.

Follidrone is a prop blend of quite a few different ingredients. It contains Epicatechin but you don't know how much.

Epi-Plex contains 300 mg. Epicatechin per capsule + 20 mg. Piperine for enhanced absorption.

For those that like Ecklonia Cava, we will have that in a product coming up soon as well.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would just stick with the Follidrone only because it has additional ingredients to the epc.

If you are set on stacking it, then I would go Follidrone+Androgin.......
Sure it has more ingredients but it’s a little bit deceptive that it’s behind a prop blend. Traditionally, prop blends are used to hide the quantity of more expensive ingredients amidst less expensive ingredients just to say it contains it while lowering the cost of making the product. I have a hard time believing that it’s because there is some magical synergistic ratio of ingredients being used that doesn’t want to be copied or stolen. Imo that makes the quantity of ingredients more of a concern than a benefit. Not making accusations but it’s something common in cheaply made and heavily marked up preworkouts. I see it all the time. As some who is in the market to purchase natural muscle builders and anabolics I would want to know the exact quantity of epi or a good explanation why a proprietary blend is used. Especially since last time I checked with raw material suppliers, Epi is very very expensive.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
@ZOO, actually I thought proprietary blends are listed to safe guard from copy cats...

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
But I think you'd find much better feedback on stacking Epi-Plex with Anabolic Effect if you want to run a stack with Epi-Plex as the base.
I tagged you because epi is a staple for you, you have massive amounts of knowledge about all CEL products and you don't mind sharing your own personal experiences...

I'm currently running Anabolic Effect w Follidrone...
Just haven't heard about anyone adding Epi w that for maybe better added benefits.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I tagged you because epi is a staple for you, you have massive amounts of knowledge about all CEL products and you don't mind sharing your own personal experiences...

I'm currently running Anabolic Effect w Follidrone...
Just haven't heard about anyone adding Epi w that for maybe better added benefits.
I meant my post more jokingly. Sorry, sometimes humor doesn't come off right online, which is why I don't joke a lot on here. In day to day life, I pick and play all the time but on here, sometimes its hard to know when someone is. That's why I'd put the smiley face after it. I never mind you tagging me in anything; I'm always glad to help in any way that I can.

Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate that.

I don't think many people to my knowledge have added Epi-Plex to a Follidrone/Anabolic Effect stack because we see most people running Epi-Plex with Anabolic Effect.

There would be no harm in adding Epi-Plex because then you'd know for sure how much Epicatechin you'd be getting.

And coming up pretty soon, we'll have a lot more cool options like Anabolic XT and several new anabolic options under CEL that you can add to stacks like this as well if you want to.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@ZOO, actually I thought proprietary blends are listed to safe guard from copy cats...
I sort of touched in that in my reply as well. I don’t believe there is a magical synergistic mix of the ingredients listed that would warrant needing it. Epi doses are well established as far as what’s effective and what isn’t. At the least that amount should have been denoted in the prop blend. Tbh I think the whole idea of saying it’s to protect against copycats is a marketing ploy to defend using prop blends in the first place.

The only time I could see the validity of this is in patented branded ingredients such as Peak O2 which has substantial studies and research to support that particular blend of mushrooms.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Tbh I think the whole idea of saying it’s to protect against copycats is a marketing ploy to defend using them in the first place.
I really think companies are starting to catch on that we're noticing and picking companies over them because other companies are using transparent labels. The prop blends will probably start disappearing and will be more confined to companies that sell their stuff on the shelves of Walmart...

Reactions: ZOO
MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't think many people to my knowledge have added Epi-Plex to a Follidrone/Anabolic Effect stack because we see most people running Epi-Plex with Anabolic Effect.

There would be no harm in adding Epi-Plex because then you'd know for sure how much Epicatechin you'd be getting.

And coming up pretty soon, we'll have a lot more cool options like Anabolic XT and several new anabolic options under CEL that you can add to stacks like this as well if you want to.
Ok, sounds great.
My real question now is when the hell do you ever sleep?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This post has nothing to do with any specific company. It's just about prop blends in general. And I'm not posting anything now that I haven't posted for probably 10 years; including posting very in depth in the thread I'm going to mention below that some of the other old timers may remember haha.

I can't speak for any other company as to why they would use prop blends. But its been known for many years that the most common reason for using them is to keep product costs down. That's why in prop blends you normally always see an inexpensive ingredient at the top.

Take a pre-workout with a 5 gram prop blend - you'll commonly see things like Citrulline Malate, Taurine, and Betaine at the top. They're great ingredients but they're also cheap ingredients. So in a 5 gram prop blend, a brand could literally give you 4.99 grams of those and then less than 1 mg. on expensive things like Alpha GPC, Agmatine, etc. (the more expensive ingredients). So to the uneducated customers eyes, they still think they're getting all of those. But what the companies doing it like that are really doing is keeping costs down to increase profits.

The argument that a lot of companies used to use was that they used prop blends to keep from getting copied. I always viewed that as more of an excuse to justify the prop blends. The reason being is because its pretty widely known what the effective dosages of certain ingredients and that there are no magical secret ingredients in this industry. Raw material suppliers are in business to make money too and if they come up with something special or unique, they want to sell it to as many people as possible. Plus, its conveniently always lesser expensive ingredients at the tops of the blends and pricier ones below which means it less dosage of those if the brands are labeling products correctly and following FDA labeling guidelines.

There was a huge let's call it 'open label movement' from 4 to 7 years ago (I'm guessing, time runs together for me) that saw a lot of companies stop using prop blends because so many educated customers turned against them.

There used to be a great thread on another forum - no use looking for the thread because it got taken down because it upset a lot of companies. To this day, its still one of my all time favorite threads. The person posting had access to a lot of industry pricing. He would first break down prop blends and detail what the dosages of everything in the prop blends should be so that you would see how short many came up in terms of what they would need to be versus what they were. Then he would give a cost estimate of what the product would be based on what it would cost if the product had in it the ideal dosages of ingredients. Then, he would detail how the blend was likely made up based on label sequence and what it would cost based off of that. It gave a great insight and you could see just how much some companies were saving and misleading by using prop blends.

I'm not saying that's why all companies do prop blends; each has their own reasons and have to make the decision that they feel like is best for them and their businesses.

In our case, we focus on providing efficaciously dosed products at cost effective products and want people to know the dosages of each ingredient that they're getting since they are dosed correctly.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have used more bottles of Follidrone then any other supplement. In this instance, I couldn’t care less that it is a prop blend because it remains effective for me. I like epi-plex too and sometimes will add 1 cap epi-Plex with 1 cap follidrone pre-workout and the muscular endurance is great.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is the facts.
We are very clever with our labeling because our products are commonly copied.
Some companies do use prop blends to hide poor ingredient content but we are not those people.

And Frankly @ZOO its insulting for you to imply otherwise and I dont appreciate it.
And, Epi is NOT very very expensive. When we first started selling it and only BLR had it it was 2500 a kilo. Now its about 350-400 if you buy it in mass.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m just stating my opinion on prop blends in general; I just need the full disclosure for my own comfort as a consumer. People will see who the copycats are and would be good to avoid those who rip off other companies. It’s a gross practice that unfortunately does exist so if it’s a safeguard to protect BLR products I’m all for it. Again, this is just my stance as a consumer looking at supplement formulations across the industry as a whole and wasn’t intended to target any one person or entity in particular. Admittedly I should have been more careful in my wording to avoid any implications. That said, I like and respect most everyone I’ve encountered from employee to rep from BLR. My apologies for making statements that are otherwise offensive. Wishing nothing but the best for BLR and their customers 💪🏻

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have used more bottles of Follidrone then any other supplement. In this instance, I couldn’t care less that it is a prop blend because it remains effective for me. I like epi-plex too and sometimes will add 1 cap epi-Plex with 1 cap follidrone pre-workout and the muscular endurance is great.
I don't like comparison threads in general bc they so often lead to conflicts and arguing. But they're difficult to avoid because customers wonder how they compare, which ones are better, etc. And sometimes, products get compared that aren't really the same things.

In this case, both products contain a common ingredient but besides that, they're different products. And both have good feedback.

For people that want a straight Epicatechin product and want to know exactly how much they're getting, Epi-Plex has 300 mg. Epicatechin per capsule + 20 mg. Piperine for enhanced absorption.

For people that want a combination product that has Epicatechin in it and don't mind prop blends, Follidrone gets good feedback too.

And the proprietary blend argument has been around for ages and grew so heated in the mid 20teens. It still gets talked about some but not viciously argued over back and forth as much as it used to. I think many have just decided for themselves they're either okay with it or they aren't; which is fine to me because that 100% their right and individual opinions as to what they're comfortable putting into their bodies. And from a supplement company perspective, as with many decisions, each company has to make a decision as to what's in their best interest as a company. It used to pretty much be a given that the big companies almost always used prop blends and now its become much more rare to see them do so bc the public perception towards them has changed so much.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok, sounds great.
My real question now is when the hell do you ever sleep?
I don't much unfortunately lol.

I average between 4 and 6 hours a night if I'm lucky.

I'm in the middle of a couple of very big projects in addition to all of the new products coming out. And as you can imagine, doing the write ups and label text on those alone takes up a huge amount of time. I've worked 70+ hours a week every week since December and there's only been one day that I didn't work since December and that was because I had one of the worst flare ups I've ever had with my autoimmune condition and could barely move around. I still meant to work that day, but I'd had to go somewhere that morning and by the time I came back I was in so much pain it hurt to type a text message reply. So that was my one day off for the year so far lol.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m just stating my opinion on prop blends in general; I just need the full disclosure for my own comfort as a consumer. People will see who the copycats are and would be good to avoid those who rip off other companies. It’s a gross practice that unfortunately does exist so if it’s a safeguard to protect BLR products I’m all for it. Again, this is just my stance as a consumer looking at supplement formulations across the industry as a whole and wasn’t intended to target any one person or entity in particular. Admittedly I should have been more careful in my wording to avoid any implications. That said, I like and respect most everyone I’ve encountered from employee to rep from BLR. My apologies for making statements that are otherwise offensive. Wishing nothing but the best for BLR and their customers 💪🏻
I appreciate this. Thanks.
And look man, I dont disagree AT ALL that 99.999999% of the prop blends you see are to hide the fact that there is .0001% of the ingredients in there. It is certainly true, but, BLR was started specifically because of this. Because sports nutrition supps sucked and I needed something better for myself personally.
We would never short sell our customers. If anything........your getting better than what you think.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
We would never short sell our customers. If anything........your getting better than what you think.
Well the next time you put up Androgin for 20% off, you better have 200 dump trucks full of it ready to drive to the post office...

Nprice151

Awards
  • First Up Vote
This post has nothing to do with any specific company. It's just about prop blends in general. And I'm not posting anything now that I haven't posted for probably 10 years; including posting very in depth in the thread I'm going to mention below that some of the other old timers may remember haha.

I can't speak for any other company as to why they would use prop blends. But its been known for many years that the most common reason for using them is to keep product costs down. That's why in prop blends you normally always see an inexpensive ingredient at the top.

Take a pre-workout with a 5 gram prop blend - you'll commonly see things like Citrulline Malate, Taurine, and Betaine at the top. They're great ingredients but they're also cheap ingredients. So in a 5 gram prop blend, a brand could literally give you 4.99 grams of those and then less than 1 mg. on expensive things like Alpha GPC, Agmatine, etc. (the more expensive ingredients). So to the uneducated customers eyes, they still think they're getting all of those. But what the companies doing it like that are really doing is keeping costs down to increase profits.

The argument that a lot of companies used to use was that they used prop blends to keep from getting copied. I always viewed that as more of an excuse to justify the prop blends. The reason being is because its pretty widely known what the effective dosages of certain ingredients and that there are no magical secret ingredients in this industry. Raw material suppliers are in business to make money too and if they come up with something special or unique, they want to sell it to as many people as possible. Plus, its conveniently always lesser expensive ingredients at the tops of the blends and pricier ones below which means it less dosage of those if the brands are labeling products correctly and following FDA labeling guidelines.

There was a huge let's call it 'open label movement' from 4 to 7 years ago (I'm guessing, time runs together for me) that saw a lot of companies stop using prop blends because so many educated customers turned against them.

There used to be a great thread on another forum - no use looking for the thread because it got taken down because it upset a lot of companies. To this day, its still one of my all time favorite threads. The person posting had access to a lot of industry pricing. He would first break down prop blends and detail what the dosages of everything in the prop blends should be so that you would see how short many came up in terms of what they would need to be versus what they were. Then he would give a cost estimate of what the product would be based on what it would cost if the product had in it the ideal dosages of ingredients. Then, he would detail how the blend was likely made up based on label sequence and what it would cost based off of that. It gave a great insight and you could see just how much some companies were saving and misleading by using prop blends.

I'm not saying that's why all companies do prop blends; each has their own reasons and have to make the decision that they feel like is best for them and their businesses.

In our case, we focus on providing efficaciously dosed products at cost effective products and want people to know the dosages of each ingredient that they're getting since they are dosed correctly.
I have a friend who used to work for someone who owns a vey large company who has been in the game a long time He used to pay to have these blends tested and you would find out just how undersides they really are.

He competes and just says most things are marketing scams besides the stuff we know that works.

Some of the new natural anabolics do help a little. I think I get a leaner and dryer on letron.

I like a anabolic effect.

I have being buying anabolic effect and follidrone for a natty stack.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I like a anabolic effect.

I have being buying anabolic effect and follidrone for a natty stack.
Follidrone and AE is my current run right now, def more energy... gonna jump over to EpiPlex and Androgin after.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well the next time you put up Androgin for 20% off, you better have 200 dump trucks full of it ready to drive to the post office...
Yah man it keeps selling out so fast its been a real problem.
Particularly because alot of the product is custom extraction and synthesis. You cant just order this stuff.
Plus it takes a while to make ginsenosides and the cyclodextrin complexing takes a while.
We had to quadruple the first order volume on the second and the third.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What your experiences with Follidrone been like mate? I ask you as I believe your not a rep and value your opinion and just looking for some honest unbiased feedback.

Thanks!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What your experiences with Follidrone been like mate? I ask you as I believe your not a rep and value your opinion and just looking for some honest unbiased feedback.

Thanks!
There are many logs/reviews on Follidrone in the Supplement Logs Section to. - (https://anabolicminds.com/community/search/412493/?q=follidrone&t=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=101&o=date) I'd recommend browsing there and read some feedback and results folks have gotten from it.

Also, there's a lot of good info about the product at Strong Supplement Shop as well. - (https://www.strongsupplementshop.com/follidrone-by-black-lion-research)

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
both awesome products in my opinion

Epi plex - straight -epi, no prop .. one bottle can be extended past 4 weeks

1st week - 1 cap .. and then follow 2 caps a day has been great

you can actually stack them ( i have done that with okay results, felt solo epi plex @ 600mg was better )
stacking you can do epi plex ( 1 bottle and extend it 8 weeks )

epi plex will enhance other stuff you throw in .. i love epi plex + anabolic effect
How much mg of Epi are you getting per day for an 8 week bottle stretch? I feel like I may be able to extend one bottle quite a bit considering i'm pretty light.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Use Apex Alchemy topical epi - it absolutely blows away any oral and any other topical.

Perseus49

Awards
Personally, I would go with Epi-Plex. If not for the fact that Follidrone uses a prop blend. Prop blends are always a point of concern for me. I mean why have one?

Then also because someone brought up very interesting points regarding Androgin in another comparison thread. At the least I would say stack the two products so you know you’re getting an exact and adequate amount of Epi.
What did you mean by “very interesting points regarding Androgin” ? (Deciding between Androgin/Epiplex/AE at the moment)

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Use Apex Alchemy topical epi - it absolutely blows away any oral and any other topical.
Epicatechin is extremely unstable. How are they preventing it from breaking down in solution? I mean....if you even put epi in water it will not be epi by 12 hours or so. Plus it's bioavailability is much better orally. And...isnt the dose 50mg? If you absorb the absolute max at about 10% your only getting 5mg.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DPS is out of Optimize and Epi, what's going on here! Any chance these are getting re-upped anywhere?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DPS is out of Optimize and Epi, what's going on here! Any chance these are getting re-upped anywhere?

dayum already out of stock .. here are couple sites in stock .. i know prices cant be compared to DPS .. boss man is dealing with physical injury and don't want to bother him with anything .. hopefully DPS has reached out and has put in an order.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dayum already out of stock .. here are couple sites in stock .. i know prices cant be compared to DPS .. boss man is dealing with physical injury and don't want to bother him with anything .. hopefully DPS has reached out and has put in an order.

Thanks for this, did the two bottle combo of M-Test on DPS just now. Probably pick up Epi on one of your sites.

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
You don't want to buy it from CEL? It's been in stock for a bit now, albeit a little pricier than some other options, but not make or break type numbers.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Epicatechin is extremely unstable. How are they preventing it from breaking down in solution? I mean....if you even put epi in water it will not be epi by 12 hours or so. Plus it's bioavailability is much better orally. And...isnt the dose 50mg? If you absorb the absolute max at about 10% your only getting 5mg.

Interesting. So are you saying you don't think topical Epi works?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is interesting. I was in a belief, that epicat had a better bioavailability via TD application, based on another discussion 🤔

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. So are you saying you don't think topical Epi works?
I'm saying that the chance there is epi left in solution after 12 hours is very low. After weeks or months on a shelf. 0.
But let's say there was some left...Best case scenario you will absorb around 10% meaning 5mg. Clinical studies showed an average of 200mg to be viable and oral bioavailability is drastically better.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm saying that the chance there is epi left in solution after 12 hours is very low. After weeks or months on a shelf. 0.
But let's say there was some left...Best case scenario you will absorb around 10% meaning 5mg. Clinical studies showed an average of 200mg to be viable and oral bioavailability is drastically better.
Oral bioavailability testing has showed variable results but approx 25 to 30% bioavailability is average.
We have to keep in mind though that epicatechin is majorly effected by other factors.
These include
Take with food or without with fasting bring best.
Personal intestinal flora and fauna.
And genetic factors such as rates of gluconoridation and sulfation.

Which is why follidrone is recommended on an empty stomach and we have added specific ingredients to prevent metabolism via gluconoridation, sulfation etc.
Screenshot_20220402-143628_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20220402-143233_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20220402-143150_Gallery.jpeg

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Show me a study that indicates you can get more than 10% of epicatechin via topical administration.

Also if you guys like I can put some raw epi into a beaker with some water and leave overnight so you can see it degrade into...well not epicatechin.

So in summation...
Let's say you take a clinical dose of 200mg orally. And you absorb 25%. =50mg.

And you take 50mg topically @approx 10%.
5mg.
Or 10x less.

And...with the bioavailability enhancement in follidrone you are getting much more than 25%

I think people are under the impression that anything can be used topically but this isnfar from true.
Only very specific types of compounds can be utilized this way.
Can't just toss whatever into a bottle.

Last edited:

Justdabbling

Awards
@nostrum420 would be curious your thoughts on brundels comments on topical given apex epichaos