EP1LOGUE Q&A

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EP1LOGUE

IMG_0568.PNG

The story of (-)/- Epicatechin began as a feel good story that ended in heartbreak. That heartbreak of bodybuilders worldwide who were expecting mythical muscle gains. A flavanol found in the cocoa plant and green tea, Epicatechin, generated keen interest from the supplement industry. Research in rodents suggested Epicatechin demonstrated an ability to suppress a protein in the body, myostatin, that prevents the increase of muscle size and differentiation. Since Olympus Labs is on the leading edge of new ingredient research, we took a risk on Epicatechin and released EP1C. Regrettably, the majority of customers did not experience a noticeable increase in strength because it was discovered the bioavailability of the Epicatechin in humans is poor.

Undeterred by the setback, Olympus Labs devoted extensive time and expense to develop a delivery system to resolve the bioavailability issue. That effort produced PhytoFUSETM, an enhanced delivery system that research had shown could enhance the potency anywhere from 2x-6x. The next chapter of epicatechin commenced with EP1C UNLEASHED which users responded much better to and it subsequently grew in popularity. However, there was one problem, despite the increased absorption the product still did not elicit the strength increases that the research had suggested. Sadly, Olympus Labs decided to conclude the story on Epicatechin and discontinue EP1C UNLEASHED.

At the end of a story there is an epilogue, which may further explain and in some cases provide a preview a sequel. In this case, there is an EP1LOGUE and there is a simple explanation, it is the end of mediocrity. A new story has begun where the reputation of Epicatechin will be reconstructed. Olympus Labs does not accept defeat because DemiGods can persevere through any challenge. Our adept R&D team sought to complement Epicatechin PhytoFUSETM with innovative and effective compounds to finally establish some credibility for the ingredient. The outcome is nothing short of remarkable as EP1LOGUE is a powerful muscle builder, an intense pump inducer, and exercise enhancer. EP1LOGUE represents the moment where mere mortals transcend into DemiGods.

The anchor ingredient in EP1LOGUE is Epicatechin PhytoFUSETM.at a substantial dose of 600mg. However, what separates EP1LOGUE is the complementary ingredients that give the Epicatechin PhytoFUSETM a turbo boost. That boost is accomplished with the addition of an ingredient we brought to the market in RE1GN, VASO-6™, at 300mg. VASO-6™ is an innovative ingredient which we dubbed “Super Epicatechin”. It was first studied and funded through the University of South Florida and it significantly increases vasodilation, stimulates blood flow and activates muscle hypertrophy.

The formula is perfected with a new and innovative compound that, once again, Olympus Labs introduces to the supplement industry with Urolithin B. An innovative ingredient that research has shown can inhibit protein catabolism and simultaneously increase protein synthesis. Urolithin B is essentially a bodybuilders dream, a natural ingredient that helps to build lean muscle while preventing muscle breakdown. We included Urolithin B in EP1LOGUE at a significant dose of 150mg to serve as the perfect complement to epicatechin and VASO-6™.

It is time to make it RE1GN with an innovative and multi-faceted supplement that goes beyond muscle building to enhance blood flow, endurance and body composition. A new chapter begins where men become K1NGS, it begins with EP1LOGUE.

Epicatechin PhytoFUSETM
Epicatechin is a flavanol found in cocoa seeds and green tea that has been found to act as a myostatin inhibitor. Myostatin is a protein that inhibits muscle cell growth and differentiation, so blocking its action is beneficial to those seeking additional muscle mass. Other studies have demonstrated that supplementation with Epicatechin could increase follistatin, a protein which binds to and inhibits myostatin, by 2.5 times. In addition, Epicatechin was found to enhance exercise capacity and cardiovascular health. However, as previously mentioned that research failed to uncover that Epicatechin has poor bioavailability in humans.
Enter PhytoFUSETM, a unique delivery technology, that enhances the bioavailability and absorption of Epicatechin. Research has shown that this method of delivery can enhance potency anywhere from 2x-6x! PhytoFUSETM utilizes specific lipids to complex with Epicatechin on a molecular level, allowing for greater solubility and enhanced bioavailability/absorption. It ultimately helps to effectively shuttle the active ingredient to the intestines where it can be taken up while preventing degradation throughout the process. This means that more ingredient is delivered to the site where it can be utilized effectively, ready to be delivered to the bloodstream and flood your muscles with potent myogenic factors needed to transcend into a Demigod!

In a pilot trial with (-)/-Epicatechin, human subjects received either a single dose (n = 9) of 50, 100 or 200 mg or multiple doses (n = 8) of 50 mg daily (q.d.) or twice daily (b.i.d) for 5 days. In the q.d. and b.i.d. groups, blood samples were analyzed for NO surrogates and follistatin levels as well as, platelet mitochondrial complexes I, V and citrate synthase activity levels. On day 5, in the q.d. and b.i.d. groups, there were significant increases in plasma nitrite of 30% and 17%, respectively. In the q.d. group on day 5 vs. day 1, platelet mitochondrial complexes I, IV and citrate synthase activities demonstrated a significant increase of ∼92, 62 and 8%, respectively. Average day 5 follistatin AUC levels were ∼2.5 fold higher vs. day 1 AUC levels in the b.i.d. group. There were no adverse effects observed from consumption of (−)-EPI therefore it was deemed safe to use. These findings suggest that (−)-EPI can elicit increases in NO metabolites, mitochondrial enzyme function and plasma follistatin levels as reported in other studies.

Vaso6™
Vaso6™ is a gallate-enhanced oligomer made up of dimers, trimers, tetramers and pentamers that is a powerful stimulator of nitric oxide production. It can be derived from the extracts of grape seed or green tea. Research has shown that extracts of grape seeds (GSE) causes endothelium dependent relaxation (EDR) activity in vitro. EDR activity involves the release of endothelial nitric oxide (NO) release and subsequent increase in cyclic guanosine monophosphate (GMP) levels in the vascular smooth muscle cells ultimately increasing vasodilation and blood flow. So why not just use grape seed extract which is inexpensive and widely available? Because Vaso6™ only contains the components of GSE that are EDR active, meaning it only contains the components that will improve blood flow.

Further isolation and characterization of GSE was performed by scientists from the University of South Florida, using a process known as Toyopearl Fractionation, that identified the extract could be separated into seven fractions (A–G). Only fractions (D–G) were EDR-active so they were further separated into 25 individual compound peaks by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), 16 of which were EDR active. Analysis of these 16 peaks identified Procyanidin content, which are oligomeric compounds formed from catechin and epicatechin molecules. Peak G6, a trimeric procyanidin gallate, was identified as the peak that had the highest EDR activity and was confirmed as
Epicatechin-(4-8)-Epicatechin-(4-8)-Epicatechin-Gallate, hence the reason we refer to it as Superior Epicatechin. Vaso6™ contains only the peaks and fractions of GSE with the highest EDR activity including peak G6, hence the name Vaso6™.

Furthermore, the gallate-enhanced catechins in Vaso6™ activate the enzyme eNOS to produce NO. The enhancement of blood flow caused by Vaso6™ improves the shuttling of glucose, insulin and other nutrients to metabolic targets. Glucose and nutrient uptake is a critical step to activating muscle protein synthesis. Therefore, you want the extreme vasodilation that Vaso6™ provides prior to your workout. Furthermore, Nitric Oxide mediates muscle hypertrophy. Upon mechanical loading, NO reacts with superoxide to generate peroxynitrite. The latter then activates the TRPV1 (transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily V member 1) channel, causing an increase in intracellular Ca2+ levels via release from the sarcoplasmatic reticulum. Such elevation causes an increase in protein synthesis through TORC1 activation. Recent studies demonstrate that NO-synthase participates in the regulation of protein and energy metabolism in skeletal muscle by fine-tuning and stabilizing complex signaling systems which regulate protein synthesis and degradation.

NOS activation during muscle stretching or resisting exercise initiates proliferation of G0-satellite cells. Released NO passes through the sarcolemma, and activates hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) through the activity of matrix metalloproteinases. Activated HGF interacts with c-met receptors of satellite cells, promoting their entrance into the cell cycle. Therefore, during resistance exercises NO works as an activator and as a regulator of signaling, and as a trigger of muscle hypertrophy. The end result is a functional pump!

To summarize, Vaso6™ enhances exercise capacity and endurance. It also increases vasodilation and blood flow which ultimately improves the shuttling of glucose, insulin and other nutrients to your muscles. The end result is the activation of muscle protein synthesis. In short, better performance and bigger muscles.

Urolithin B
Urolithin B is one of four metabolites of ellagic acid or ellagitannins. The first product of ellagic acid catabolism is urolithin D, and with the successive losses of hydroxy groups urolithins C, A, and B are formed. All mammals seem able to produce urolithins from the microflora in the gastrointestinal tract after the ingestion of some fruits. In healthy humans, urolithins A and B are most abundant. Research has shown supplementing the diet with ellagitannins mitigates muscle damage experienced during intense exercise and protects muscle against stresses induced by a high-fat diet. However, since ellagitannins are known to have low bioavailability, it is believed that ellagitannin-derived metabolites are responsible for the reported effects. Therefore, the focus of clinical research has focused on characterizing the effects of urolithins themselves.

Through that effort it was observed that myotubes in culture were bigger after incubation with Urolithin B. What this really means is that Urolithin B holds tremendous promise to increase skeletal muscle mass. Clinical research on Urolithin B in mice found that it enhanced myotubes growth and differentiation by increasing protein synthesis. It demonstrated an ability to inhibit the ubiquitin–proteasome pathway (UPP), the principal mechanism for protein catabolism. It also induced muscle hypertrophy and reduced muscle atrophy. Signalling analyses indicate a connection between the androgen receptor and the mTORC1 pathway, possibly via AMPK. Olympus Labs is extremely excited to bring this powerful compound to the market. It is the crown jewel of the formula and the ultimate catalyst in the quest RE!GN supreme!

Conclusion
EP1LOGUE my seem like a simple, three ingredient formula. But do not be deceived by fancy kitchen sink formulas with underdosed compounds, inferior extracts and worse ineffective ingredients. EP1LOGUE is the antithesis to muscle building supplements on the market. It embodies Innovation, Value and Results. A product that significantly enhances exercise performance via increased blood flow and endurance. A product that build lean skeletal muscle whilst preventing muscle breakdown. EP1LOGUE will initiate your transformation from a mere mortal to a DemiGod. However, the benefit will build over time as Vaso6™ and Urolithin B both increase protein synthesis, making you bigger and stronger.

Are you ready to Make It RE1GN? Olympus Labs continues to bring you the most innovative and effective supplements in the industry. There is no other company that can match that expertise of our R&D team. EP1LOGUE is the latest example of our unparalleled genius, but surely is not the las

References:

Barnett C et al. Food Funct., 2015,6, 824-833. DOI: 10.1039/C4FO00596A. Pharmacokinetic, partial pharmacodynamic and initial safety analysis of (−)-epicatechin in healthy volunteers.
Jimenez et al. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012 Jan 1;52(1):70-9. doi:10.1016/ j.freeradbiomed.2011.09.015. Epub 2011 Sep 22. Epicatechin lowers blood pressure, restores endothelial function, and decreases oxidative stress and endothelin-1 and NADPH oxidase activity in DOCA-salt hypertension.
Ciaraldi, T et al. J Nutr Biochem. Effects of (−)-epicatechin on molecular modulators of skeletal muscle growth and differentiation
Dept of Pharmacology. Fitzpatrick D et al. Isolation and Characterization of Endothelium-Dependent Vasorelaxing Compounds from Grape Seeds. 2000.
Dept of Pharmacology. Fitzpatrick D et al. Vasodilating Procyanidins Derived from Grape Seeds. 2002.
Lee S-J et al. PLoS ONE 12(4): e0175271. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal. Pone.0175271. 2017. Epicatechin elicits MyoD- dependent myoblast differentiation and myogenic conversion of fibroblasts.
Rodriguez, J et al. 2017 - Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle - Wiley. Urolithin B, a newly identified regulator of skeletal muscle mass

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still have an unopened bottle of EU so I'll use Ep1logue (got tracking as well) end of next month probably.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wonder what sort of results one can expect on a cut and bulk, will be interesting to see logs

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be starting my bottles October 9th

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Mine arrive tomorrow.
Fairly psyched to give it a fair 60 day run.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would you be running a log here?
I'll log it in my daily workout log under the training section, don't want to create another log thread since I'll be logging Controlled Labs preworkout product from a promo soon.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll log it in my daily workout log under the training section, don't want to create another log thread since I'll be logging Controlled Labs preworkout product from a promo soon.
Will sub to the workout log. Really interested to know how Ep1logue is going to work. Thanks man

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely can't wait for you guys to get this in your hands, and to hear what you all think. Also pretty excited to use it myself, but that part is a given. ;)

m1k3_d0z4

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got 3 bottles arriving tomorrow! Will start on Sunday!

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
Already got 3 bottles on the way! Epic unleashed was a staple for me so I'm more than happy to see this ep1logue for its replacement.

What's the dosing on this? 3 caps/day?

GottiStatus

Awards
3 bottles on the way , can any OL reps fill me in as to whether this product needs to be dosed daily to reap the full benefits or can I get away with just taking it on workout days to see results. Never ran an Epi product so don't know what to expect. The pumps in Re1gn were superb so didn't want that Vaso-6 to go to waste on a rest day.

janson_kaniaz

janson_kaniaz

Awards
  • Established
My cut is coming to an end soon. Should I start immediately before my bulk? Is there a saturation period to recommend?

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 bottles on the way , can any OL reps fill me in as to whether this product needs to be dosed daily to reap the full benefits or can I get away with just taking it on workout days to see results. Never ran an Epi product so don't know what to expect. The pumps in Re1gn were superb so didn't want that Vaso-6 to go to waste on a rest day.
I can tell you what works best for me.
If I have my pre-wo meal at least 3 hours before lifting, I take Ep1logue 30-45' pre
If I have my (very light) pre-wo meal 90 minutes(or less) before lifting, I take Ep1logue a few minutes prior to that meal,always with plenty of water.
Everybody remember that the pump is very pleasant and gets you instant gratification, but Nitric Oxide mediates many anabolic processes.
Don't just look for the acute effect.
Same (and even more so) for UroB.
^^^

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, OL with even bigger things. Hats off to you guys!

Billd1982

Billd1982

Banned
Awards
On non lifting days I’m gonna split dose so 1 pill in am and another 8 hours later. Seen another guy recommend this dosing. 2 pills and a scoop of Re1gn on lifting days.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Synapsin xtyler an individual in another thread posted a study on urolithins being possible anti-androgens. Can you guys access the full text and let us know if this should be a concern?
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/287426578_Comparison_of_anti-proliferative_effects_of_urolithins_ellagitannin_gut_metabolites_and_non-steriodal_antiandrogens_on_androgen-dependant_prostate_cancer_cell_line_LNCaP
Well...first, LNCaP cells are not myocytes. Second, UroB is not Testosterone nor DHT.
A search for transcripts whose levels increase following androgen treatment of LNCaP human prostate cancer cells led to the isolation of three new NEDD4L transcripts designated NEDD4Lf, NEDD4Lg and NEDD4Lh. The three transcripts encode different forms of the NEDD4L protein, two of which contain an N-terminal C2 domain. These transcripts were detected at high levels in human prostate and mammary gland, and at lower levels in brain and skeletal muscle.
If the aforementioned study is actually relevant when it comes to an IN VIVO scenario, then...awesome. If so, we have an AR agonist in skeletal muscle cells and an AR antagonist in prostate tissue. Pretty much what a perfect SARM would be supposed to do.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well...first, LNCaP cells are not myocytes. Second, UroB is not Testosterone nor DHT.
A search for transcripts whose levels increase following androgen treatment of LNCaP human prostate cancer cells led to the isolation of three new NEDD4L transcripts designated NEDD4Lf, NEDD4Lg and NEDD4Lh. The three transcripts encode different forms of the NEDD4L protein, two of which contain an N-terminal C2 domain. These transcripts were detected at high levels in human prostate and mammary gland, and at lower levels in brain and skeletal muscle.
If the aforementioned study is actually relevant when it comes to an IN VIVO scenario, then...awesome. If so, we have an AR agonist in skeletal muscle cells and an AR antagonist in prostate tissue. Pretty much what a perfect SARM would be supposed to do.
Thanks for digging through the study xtyler, my main concern was anti-androgen activity in muscle cells but your initial study review alleviates my concerns. Gotta keep our prostates healthy!

Billd1982

Billd1982

Banned
Awards
What kind of body composition changes should we expect? Is it better used on bulk or cut?

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for answering man :) in

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is this like low dose anavar?
Apples to oranges. It's not realistic or even sensible to make a comparison between this natural pro-anabolic and a strong synthetic androgen. Better to look for comparisons to other products in this category. Also, it's only been in peoples' hands for a week or so. Worthwhile feedback will likely be coming soon.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys think there is merit in splitting the dose, at least on non training days? Would there be benefit to multiple doses of Uro B and Vaso-6, rather than a single dose?

Thanks,

Crowbar

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you guys think there is merit in splitting the dose, at least on non training days? Would there be benefit to multiple doses of Uro B and Vaso-6, rather than a single dose?

Thanks,

Crowbar
Obviously I am not affiliated with Olympus Labs or the formulation of this product, but I will offer my perspective on dosing on non-workout days for what it's worth.

Essentially what we are dealing with here is a natural anabolic with endurance, strength, and significant (for me anyway) pump properties. In my mind, there is no particular need to take both pills at once and then play a video game with a massive pump going on. The goal when taking traditional anabolics/prohormones etc is usually to keep levels at a relatively steady level. Seems more than reasonable to apply this same concept to natty anabolics like this fine product.

Personally, I may even split my dose even on workout days. 1 pill of EP1LOGUE combined with a high quality PWO like RE1GN, may be all the pump I really want during my workout. Then I get the added benefit of dosing my other EP1LOGUE at another time of the day to keep the anabolic properties rolling.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Obviously I am not affiliated with Olympus Labs or the formulation of this product, but I will offer my perspective on dosing on non-workout days for what it's worth.

Essentially what we are dealing with here is a natural anabolic with endurance, strength, and significant (for me anyway) pump properties. In my mind, there is no particular need to take both pills at once and then play a video game with a massive pump going on. The goal when taking traditional anabolics/prohormones etc is usually to keep levels at a relatively steady level. Seems more than reasonable to apply this same concept to natty anabolics like this fine product.

Personally, I may even split my dose even on workout days. 1 pill of EP1LOGUE combined with a high quality PWO like RE1GN, may be all the pump I really want during my workout. Then I get the added benefit of dosing my other EP1LOGUE at another time of the day to keep the anabolic properties rolling.
Makes sense to me; however knowing nothing about the pharmacokinetics of the ingredients I'd be interested in OL opinion also. I'm pretty sure Epi has a short active life in the body, I have no idea about Vaso-6 or Uro b. Actually, come to think of it, I do seem to maintain the pump effect from Reign for hours.

Crowbar

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Makes perfectly sense indeed. At least on rest days, splitting the dose is advisable for the aforementioned reasons.

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for digging through the study xtyler, my main concern was anti-androgen activity in muscle cells but your initial study review alleviates my concerns. Gotta keep our prostates healthy!
Never worry about people who clearly don't understand what they read on random abstracts and make laughable claims to undermine other companies (and also says something is bad but his product provides plenty of it LMAO epic fail).

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, my two bottles are arriving tommorow..

Before starting I was wondering if there be any problems mixing with the below; or some overkill?

Currently taking Exubol 200 -Ajuga + Ecdynize + Trib, still got month + to go...

Is this to much natural anabolics?

Also if anyone knows which blood test to take before and after, let me know as unsure what to measure for?

Cheers

ExLard

Awards
Dosing plan with Follidrone 2.0:

Tr1umph + Conqu3r before workouts on training days (I train around 2-4 p.m), with a dose of Follidrone 2.0 in the morning (8 a.m) and at bedtime.

2 ep1logue upon waking up (~8 a.m) on rest days, one capsule of Follidrone 2.0 before lunch and dinner

Is this way too much (-)Epi or am I fine going ahead stacking it like this?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dosing plan with Follidrone 2.0:

Tr1umph + Conqu3r before workouts on training days (I train around 2-4 p.m), with a dose of Follidrone 2.0 in the morning (8 a.m) and at bedtime.

2 ep1logue upon waking up (~8 a.m) on rest days, one capsule of Follidrone 2.0 before lunch and dinner

Is this way too much (-)Epi or am I fine going ahead stacking it like this?
You'll be fine. There are no negative effects from high doses of (-)-Epi.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, my two bottles are arriving tommorow..

Before starting I was wondering if there be any problems mixing with the below; or some overkill?

Currently taking Exubol 200 -Ajuga + Ecdynize + Trib, still got month + to go...

Is this to much natural anabolics?

Also if anyone knows which blood test to take before and after, let me know as unsure what to measure for?

Cheers
I haven't used any of those other than Trib. I don't foresee any contraindications but it would be tuff to judge the benefits of each fairly. Since I'm unfamiliar with many of those I honestly can't say if it's worthwhile to stack that many at once or not. As with all supplements, stacking doesn't always have a linear compounding effect of 3+1=4 on results.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Are there any logs up yet seeing as most of the Americans have received their orders?
I should have mine tomorrow or tues

Beta

Awards
  • Established
First workout on Ep1logue. Pretty good pump but great endurance. I'll be interested to see the longer term effects of this over the next 8 weeks!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First workout on Ep1logue. Pretty good pump but great endurance. I'll be interested to see the longer term effects of this over the next 8 weeks!
These effects are soo notable for me during my 12-15 minute HIIT sessions.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are there any logs up yet seeing as most of the Americans have received their orders?
I should have mine tomorrow or tues
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/297024-ep1logue-log-log.html

2 workouts in with it not much to report yet.
Give it some time. Surprised you aren't getting much in the way of pump, as pump benefits seem to be the biggest feedback we're getting right now, but obviously everyone is different and may respond a little differently. But remember that one of the big benefits is the natural anabolic properties, which obviously will take much more than two workouts to shine.