Endocrinologist vs TRT Clinic

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What is the better way to go for TRT when considering the cost and protocols? My total T was 192 on recent bloodwork. I had it tested at a trt clinic and they are ready to get me started. I have great insurance but they don't bill insurance and everything is out of pocket. The fee is around $200-250 per month which includes an AI, testosterone, and labs. I can't help but wonder if I might be better off going through an endo. to have TRT covered by my insurance and save $2,500 each year.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Go the endo route. The clinic you are using is way overpriced. You can go to labcorp or quest and get labs done for 50 or 60 bucks and email them to the clinic I use in Florida. The doc will call you and do a phone consult and then prescribe you 200mg's of test per week. They will offer you an AI and HCG (although I'm not sure they legally can use HCG any more) but you only purchase what you want. There are different types of Testosterone on the menu and they pretty much let you pick what you want. Only using 100mg's per week for trt, I only need 2-3 vials a year. With shipping and fee's it's around $150 per vial. 3 vials a year plus 60 bucks twice a year for labs comes out to $570 for the year. This place has lots of other items on the menu but they are definitely overpriced. You can get MK677, GH, Peptides, etc. I'd only personally get test from them and get hcg, ai's and anything else from one of the recommended research sites on this forum.

I know I am kind of rambling. I'd go through your endo. Hopefully, they will give you what you need. Lets say what they give you isn't quite enough or what you were hoping for, you could always double dip and get supplemental test from the trt clinic. Or if they offer gels or other ****, just say **** it and go the clinic route.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you just want to get your levels in the "Normal" range go the Endo route. If you are looing for something extra, the clinic if more likely to give you what you want. I do believe you can find an on line clinic that will save you money over the one you mentioned.

sarge40

Awards
The hardest part of going the endo route, is finding an endo who understands TRT and is willing to help. I went through a bunch of local physicians who told me my low 200 number was fine because it was within range (I was about 40 at the time, not 80) before I abandoned that approach and went the clinic route. I stayed with them until I changed my primary care doc (for reasons not TRT-related) and found out that he was actively treating numerous hypogonadal patients and would be willing to continue my regimen (no HCG though). Now I pay $40-50 for a 10mL vial of cyp which lasts me a few months, and a couple of bucks for a bottle of arimidex and split the pills which winds up lasting me for over a year. I spend less for the year with the doc than I did for one shipment of meds from the clinic, and I can sit down face to face with the doc and go over labs and ask for other tests when we do bloodwork.

I agree with the previous post in regards to clinics being able to offer you more octane than you need in the form of other oils, peptides, etc. - things my doc would never entertain prescribing off-label.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
My friend went the TRT clinic route, I went the Endo Dr route. We both end up taking the same amount of Test Cyp only I get my month supply of two 2ml vials, for $12.88 with Good RX coupon. If you just want to get the Test in your hands, the Dr route will be pretty cheap. I had good luck with the first dr. I went to. These days most doc's have online profiles with their pictures. I just picked the youngest looking one. LOL

If you want to pay for the "boutique" TRT clinic services that's fine if those extra benefits are worth it to you. Good luck. My test was in the low 200 maybe even 190's (been a year now). Once you are on for awhile it makes a big difference. Good luck!

bladejkd

Awards
Go the endo route. The clinic you are using is way overpriced. You can go to labcorp or quest and get labs done for 50 or 60 bucks and email them to the clinic I use in Florida. The doc will call you and do a phone consult and then prescribe you 200mg's of test per week. They will offer you an AI and HCG (although I'm not sure they legally can use HCG any more) but you only purchase what you want. There are different types of Testosterone on the menu and they pretty much let you pick what you want. Only using 100mg's per week for trt, I only need 2-3 vials a year. With shipping and fee's it's around $150 per vial. 3 vials a year plus 60 bucks twice a year for labs comes out to $570 for the year. This place has lots of other items on the menu but they are definitely overpriced. You can get MK677, GH, Peptides, etc. I'd only personally get test from them and get hcg, ai's and anything else from one of the recommended research sites on this forum.

I know I am kind of rambling. I'd go through your endo. Hopefully, they will give you what you need. Lets say what they give you isn't quite enough or what you were hoping for, you could always double dip and get supplemental test from the trt clinic. Or if they offer gels or other ****, just say **** it and go the clinic route.
Can you please give the name of the clinic on FL? Currently in OH and looking at changing clinics. Local is too expensive. Thanks.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you shop around and find the “right Dr” that route will be a lot cheaper than a TRT clinic, those places only want your money while a Endo might actually care (some) about you. I get everything that a TRT clinic offer from my Endo. Do some research and I’m sure you find something that works for you.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you shop around and find the “right Dr” that route will be a lot cheaper than a TRT clinic, those places only want your money while a Endo might actually care (some) about you. I get everything that a TRT clinic offer from my Endo. Do some research and I’m sure you find something that works for you.
Nice to see you found someone to help you out!

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just inject test cyp at least twice a week or more..stay away from HCG and AI..