TRT - Androgel - Stubborn Endocrinologist

rlukas79

Awards
Long story short, I'm 37. I was on TRT a few years ago. 100mg Test Cyp a week. However my RBC and hematocrit level went sky high. I was advised to come off and I did. Not really knowing any better I never followed up on it until a few months ago. My Test levels came back at 290 and free Test was 8.8, SBGH was 33. My endocrinologist has me on Androgel 1.6. I Pleaded with him for the injections but my liver enzymes were slightly high. So he said he wasn't comfortable with the levels even being slightly high. Slightly high because the days before my blood test I was weight training, the day before he test I was deadlifting. My levels are usually normal.

So Im on two pumps a day with Androgel, which is basically not doing anything. My next follow up and bloodworm is is in three weeks but I'm feeling like absolute crap. I'm guess my body has shut down it's own production. I've been reading about applying lotion about an hour or two after the initial application of the gel to help increase absorption. Am I to rub the lotion in like you would normally do? When i apply the androgel, I do not rub it in but spread it out as much as I can. I also apply it every morning after showering. I prep the areas with a loofa, in hopes that there are no absorption issues. My guess is at my next appointment he tried to sell me on 4 pumps a day with androgel. I am not comfortable with that. I have a 5 month old son and a 5 year old daughter. I don't need my son having bigger traps than me and my daughter rocking a full goatee.

runtyemonster

Awards
Find a different doc. Google docs that specialize in "vitality" stop the gel a little bit before your appointment so your levels are where they would be naturally, for you. Other then that, you might have to source your own stuff, ya know.

rlukas79

Awards
yeah, I'm in NJ i actually have a place to go if I don't get the treatment I want. My pituitary function tests were normal, so I was clinically determined to be primary hypogonadism. My endocrinologist is also treating my hypothyroidism as well. So the one stop shop idea originally was a good idea. My plan on when getting closer to the bloodwork is to drop the gel for several days. He's going to check prolactin, E2 etc.

runtyemonster

Awards
Sounds like a solid plan bro. Let me know how it turns out if that's the route you take.

rlukas79

Awards
will do. At first my endocrinologist thought i was just trying for a script for test. I told him it's much easier for me to get it from other sources than him. When he saw my bloodwork results, he went from cynical to somewhat understanding.

sarge40

Awards
I had high hct levels when I started TRT. It took repeated blood donations over the course of several months to knock it down. Now I go every 8 weeks to donate a pint of whole blood, and my hct has been in the mid 40s. As far as your LFTs go, your doctor SHOULD know that non-methylated, injectable steroids won't stress the liver like methyl orals will. It's not like you're asking for anadrol or dbol. T cyp is very safe when administered at TRT doses and while controlling the hct and aromatization.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Your endo can write a script for phlebotomy, you can get it done at hospital infusion centers, or some guys do it out of their office. 4 weeks of giving 500 cc's/week brought me from an hgb of 21 to 16. Then, just go every other week/every third week. I never had a problem w insurance.

Good luck