Drying FocusXT 'boulder' in the freezer?

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Just got a tub of the caf-free Focus xt and I've had the a tub that was kinda clumpy...but this is 3 or so large shiny boulders!

My plan was to put it in the freezer with the lid off to maybe dry it out, then pop it in the food processor.
Hopefully I won't have to do this again, but has anyone else done this or something similar?

Just don't want to ruin it. thanks.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do exactly that and you'll be good to go! Haven't experienced that myself with FXT, but have with other pre's, works like a charm.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Sweet! Thanks.
Got it from NP, so I'm kind of surprised its rocked up like that. Never had this issue before either.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea thats weird. Usually mine do that if they have been sitting for awhile after i've opened them. like 6 months of more. haha. But what you said will do the trick to get rid of the clumps.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This only happened once to me. I actually just threw chunks in a magic bullet and it fixed the issue.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Ok...checked it this morning and it is rock solid frozen, but you can tell it's still quite sticky.
I will probably try the food processor Tuesday night on it and just hope it doesn't stick to everything.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok...checked it this morning and it is rock solid frozen, but you can tell it's still quite sticky.
I will probably try the food processor Tuesday night on it and just hope it doesn't stick to everything.
Unfortunately, the ingredients love to suck up moisture. Frozen into the blender works fine. I have Focus XT that is quite old and started clumping, but if you drop a clump into water, still instantly dissolves and has zero effect on the product's effects.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I find this to be pretty.common with alot of powders I purchase. I.actually started saving my.silica packs because.of it

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Just an update...

Ended up talking to NP and they agreed that there was no fixing it and gave me a credit.
Best of folks, I tell ya.

Much easier than putting the sticky boulders in the food processor ( which I don't think would have worked in my case).

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear man! Are you sending it back then? If not, I mean, you should even dump it into a gallon baggie, freeze then use a (smooth side) meat tenderizer on it or rolling pin...just a thought