Drewsicle3210 gets freakishly VOLATILE (sponsored)

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taking into consideration that Drew is sometimes forced into rest days when he doesn't want one, and that he hasn't hit legs this week... I say go for legs. You can bypass the squats if your back comes into play.
Oh I totally get it, I hate taking a rest day myself.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today is my 7 year anniversary. No logging. I will catch up tomorrow.
I figured I should at least post this.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy anniversary bro!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tearing it up in here big D. GVT scares me. It's one thing to smash so much volume, but another to do it with the right tempo & low rest - very well done man.

And congrats on your anniversary! Send me the leftovers if you go out for dinner! (Jk; I know if you're like the rest of us there won't be any leftovers)

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks everyone. Yesterday was fun.

1.5 scoops of Volatile

Super pump session.

Shoulders and Tri's

Dumbbell Shoulder Press 60
Set 1 : 45x10
Set 2 : 45x9
Set 3 : 40x10
Set 4 : 40x10
Set 5 : 40x10
Set 6 : 40x10
Set 7 : 40x10
Set 8 : 40x9
Set 9 : 40x9
Set 10 : 40x10
|
EZ Bar Triceps Extension 82.67
Set 1 : 62x10
Set 2 : 62x10
Set 3 : 62x10
Set 4 : 62x9
Set 5 : 62x10
Set 6 : 62x10
Set 7 : 62x10
Set 8 : 62x8
Set 9 : 62x9
Set 10 : 62x10
|
Six-Ways 20
Set 1 : 10x10
Set 2 : 15x10
Set 3 : 10x10
Set 4 : 10x10
Set 5 : 10x10
Set 6 : 10x10
Set 7 : 10x10
Set 8 : 10x10
Set 9 : 10x10
Set 10 : 10x10
|
Notes

Damn the weights felt heavy today. I got a sweet pump though.
I know my calories have been pretty friggin low, and I am going to change that. Asap.

I have to go to the hospital for a sleep study tonight. I am bringing my Volatile so I can hit the gym on my way home in the morning.

Legs

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn your six-ways, bro. That's crazy!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn your six-ways, bro. That's crazy!
I had to take some extra breaks in there, and my tempo was not so much 4 seconds on the last few sets. Non-existent the last few sets of DB press/Tricep extensions.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's a six way? I'm assuming it's not 1 guy and 5 girls :D

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I take breaks some but I use 5's!

No smiley face after the words 6 way lol

I've done something similar to that but will give that a shot
This guy is going a little faster than I do, but try them with a 4 second negative on the last three movements. They're killer! I hate them, but they pump my shoulders up like crazy.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like I will be working out this afternoon, barring anything comes up (chores). I have to attend a birthday party with my 5 year old. Yay. I love forced awkward social gatherings.

For some reason my wife HATES me to workout. It is like she goes out of her way to make me feel bad for doing it. I don't understand it really. I think some of it may be that she is unhappy about her lack of exercise and/or body composition. I have tried to motivate, offered to watch the kids, worked out with her. Any ideas on this topic? I feel that if she got going and started seeing results, she would be hooked. And she doesn't have very far to go. If she would agree, I could develop a plan to have her reach her goal within 2 months.

Open for options.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mischelle used to do that. That's why I started skipping weekends. Now she's ok with weekends, because she knows it makes me feel better. She also started doing a home routine a couple weeks ago and prefers me to be gone when she does it.

She's going to have to be ready to start on her own. About her crankiness, try and let her know how much it relieves your stress, helps with anger, or whatever. Remind her that's its beneficial for you both when you work out. :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like I will be working out this afternoon, barring anything comes up (chores). I have to attend a birthday party with my 5 year old. Yay. I love forced awkward social gatherings.

For some reason my wife HATES me to workout. It is like she goes out of her way to make me feel bad for doing it. I don't understand it really. I think some of it may be that she is unhappy about her lack of exercise and/or body composition. I have tried to motivate, offered to watch the kids, worked out with her. Any ideas on this topic? I feel that if she got going and started seeing results, she would be hooked. And she doesn't have very far to go. If she would agree, I could develop a plan to have her reach her goal within 2 months.

Open for options.
My wife does the same thing. Smh

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Actually had an argument with the gf last night over this - she wanted me to spend all day at some wineries with her coworkers/friends today way out in BFE instead of lifting, even though I took last night off to go out for food with her & take her to a musical one of her theater friends was performing in (it was actually really enjoyable, but still totally for her obv). So she got pissed that I wasn't interested in 3.5 hours of driving total coupled with 4hrs of hanging w/ ppl I don't know while they drink & I don't.

Tried to explain that I'd need to eat 3 times, don't drink, don't know them, it's a LONG time for something I could care less about, I just took off for her, & I need to lift (have commitments at 5pm on). She was getting all sourpuss on me. She later apologized, but damn....I was hot.

And of course she doesn't wanna come lift so we can spend more time together, or eat cleaner, even though she's @ 160-165lbs & would love nothing more than to be 150 again. That's far too logical.

Sorry for venting, man.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually had an argument with the gf last night over this - she wanted me to spend all day at some wineries with her coworkers/friends today way out in BFE instead of lifting, even though I took last night off to go out for food with her & take her to a musical one of her theater friends was performing in (it was actually really enjoyable, but still totally for her obv). So she got pissed that I wasn't interested in 3.5 hours of driving total coupled with 4hrs of hanging w/ ppl I don't know while they drink & I don't.

Tried to explain that I'd need to eat 3 times, don't drink, don't know them, it's a LONG time for something I could care less about, I just took off for her, & I need to lift (have commitments at 5pm on). She was getting all sourpuss on me. She later apologized, but damn....I was hot.

And of course she doesn't wanna come lift so we can spend more time together, or eat cleaner, even though she's @ 160-165lbs & would love nothing more than to be 150 again. That's far too logical.

Sorry for venting, man.
So we all get it I see. Lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
She elaborated after she apologized that it was just because she wants to spend even more time with me because she enjoys us so much, which is true & sweet. But I explained to her that this is what I do, & what I love - it's how I have fun & ultimately relax. Even if I was fat & 60 & out of shape I think I'd probably lift weights, even if it was just sitting around with other old farts on a saturday morning in a gym bs-ing for 30 min, do a set, bs some more, do a set, etc. I just like it. And that personal satisfaction lets me feel better the rest of the time, like when I'm working or with her. I think she understood.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
She elaborated after she apologized that it was just because she wants to spend even more time with me because she enjoys us so much, which is true & sweet. But I explained to her that this is what I do, & what I love - it's how I have fun & ultimately relax. Even if I was fat & 60 & out of shape I think I'd probably lift weights, even if it was just sitting around with other old farts on a saturday morning in a gym bs-ing for 30 min, do a set, bs some more, do a set, etc. I just like it. And that personal satisfaction lets me feel better the rest of the time, like when I'm working or with her. I think she understood.
Wish my convo would have gone like that... :/

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh, that was after the part where I accused her of attacking me for no reason, picking fights, & she left the bed crying....it was a process :( Things worked out in the end though. I made her a shake & coffee & gaver her kisses before she left this morning & I got my 1,300lb gym total this afternoon (FINALLY) :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, that was after the part where I accused her of attacking me for no reason, picking fights, & she left the bed crying....it was a process :( Things worked out in the end though. I made her a shake & coffee & gaver her kisses before she left this morning & I got my 1,300lb gym total this afternoon (FINALLY) :)
1300 is nice! What are your numbers?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wish my convo would have gone like that... :/
I thought I recalled you saying a while back that Mrs Swanky was starting a routine.?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is good to see others with the same problem. I guess it's good that we all share the same ailment.

I am going to have to take today off as well due to some unforeseen work stuff, but I plan on hitting it hard tomorrow. I think I am wasting away over here!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is good to see others with the same problem. I guess it's good that we all share the same ailment.

I am going to have to take today off as well due to some unforeseen work stuff, but I plan on hitting it hard tomorrow. I think I am wasting away over here!
That sucks, but stuff like that happens.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't I know it. I am worn the heck out, with no end in sight. I am sure that slaying the iron will make me feel better. I just need to get in there and do it.
I know the feeling.. worn out, get all pissed off, go slay iron... feel alive again and no longer pissed at the world. (Note: I typically dont have anger issues lol)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1300 is nice! What are your numbers?
Actually, 1,330 as of tonight - 300 benched saturday (no lift-off, touch & go), 465 squat couple wks back (full parallel), & pulled 565 conventional tonight (no hitch & a 30lb PR :) )

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually, 1,330 as of tonight - 300 benched saturday (no lift-off, touch & go), 465 squat couple wks back (full parallel), & pulled 565 conventional tonight (no hitch & a 30lb PR :) )
Those are great numbers dude! Congrats!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know the feeling.. worn out, get all pissed off, go slay iron... feel alive again and no longer pissed at the world. (Note: I typically dont have anger issues lol)
I got up extra early today to make it happen. I can't wait to drink my Volatile.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got up extra early today to make it happen. I can't wait to drink my Volatile.
Same here! Even on my off days like today I'm still out of bed by 430

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I commend your dedication and work ethic brother! Kill those weights!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you freakishly kill it?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sure did. I could have done more, but I don't want to push my tendon too hard. My time off really helped with the pain.
Speaking of, was there any elbow/forearm pain?

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speaking of, was there any elbow/forearm pain?
A little, towards the end when I brought the DBs up, and on chins. Not too bad though. I am going to do some stretching exercises today and maybe put some heat on it tomorrow before the gym.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You getting time to get your workouts in with the baby feedings?
Yeah he's been sleeping until 530 or 6 lately so I've been able to get back to it

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday's fun
1.5 scoops of Volatile @ 0545
Workout at 0630

Dumbbell Bench Press 93.33
Set 1 : 70x10
Set 2 : 70x9
Set 3 : 65x9
Set 4 : 65x10
Set 5 : 65x6
Set 6 : 60x10
Set 7 : 60x10
Set 8 : 60x10
Set 9 : 60x10
Set 10 : 60x10
|
Chin Up N/A
Set1 : 0x10
Set 2 : 0x8
Set 3 : 0x6
Set 4 : 0x4
Set 5 : 0x6
Set 6 : 0x5
Set 7 : 0x4
Set 8 : 0x4
Set 9 : 0x5
Set 10 : 0x4
|
Notes
I had an outstanding workout. Pumps were borderline painful. I supersetted these, and that caused me to take my weight down a bit throughout the workout.
My DOMS today is brutal, and that says alot because it usually takes me a couple of days to feel it.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today I took 1.5 scoops of Volatile at 0545
Went to workout after formation but was called back. We are now on lockdown for 2 sets of night vision optics that came up missing.
I did get a 2.5 mile run in though.
We will be searching the AO and stay here until they are found. Hopefully they are found before 1700, because my wife isn't going to be happy at all.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today I took 1.5 scoops of Volatile at 0545
Went to workout after formation but was called back. We are now on lockdown for 2 sets of night vision optics that came up missing.
I did get a 2.5 mile run in though.
We will be searching the AO and stay here until they are found. Hopefully they are found before 1700, because my wife isn't going to be happy at all.
Wow someone would try to take those?

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow someone would try to take those?
Looks that way. About 10k a piece.
At this time, we are having all of the vehicles in the battalion inspected. We are probably going to be here all night.