Douchebags at the gym...

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Hahahaha did their gloves match their purse?

I use a belt for just about everything now. Gives my abs something to press against when I tighten my core up. I can actually see new tightness in my abs from it. After my warmups for just about everything (bench, squat, shrugs, DL, rows, shoulder press etc etc) it goes on for the duration of my working sets. I use it for everything but curls on arms day (but for seated dips and CG bench it goes on for triceps).

My abdomen has been feeling better lately and my stomach distension hasn't been so bad.

Sorry kinda off topic but figured I would share. Wrist wraps for shrugs? C'mon!

I wrap for heavy presses and use straps after my grip fails and my target muscle has more left in it.
Hey quick question for ya. I've seen online alot of people claiming their smaller waists to using a belt for their working sets like you said.

I have noticed ever since I started heavy lifting, my waist keeps getting wider and wider. Are there any cons of using a lifting belt for all ur working sets, or organ related issues that you know of?

Mystere3

Awards
I think it's safer to wear a belt while working out when you're lifting heavy, because you have to use your back to carry weights regardless of what you're doing. I typically don't though, bc it's not comfortable.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
I think it's safer to wear a belt while working out when you're lifting heavy, because you have to use your back to carry weights regardless of what you're doing. I typically don't though, bc it's not comfortable.
Just did my whole leg day that I logged on my log witha belt on. Definitely not comfortable but the whole idea is to take away from using ur core muscles too much leading to a smaller waist. Or some **** like that. I just didn't know if that could be dangerous or not.

Mystere3

Awards
It's def not dangerous. You'll see a lot of pro bodybuilders use a belt for all lifts.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's def not dangerous. You'll see a lot of pro bodybuilders use a belt for all lifts.
I was thinking about wearing a belt during my whole session, but I'm just not use to wearing it yet.

Mystere3

Awards
I've thought about it recently. I realized I've been basically deadlifting 3 plates all the way from the floor just picking up my dumbbells.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
so I switched gyms maybe a month ago. gym I switched to has different bars, didn't think much of it. was wearing a thin white under armour shirt and doin some heavy good mornings to finish my workout. I go into the locker room, take my shirt off and the upper back is all blood soaked, my traps have like road rash lol. knurling in the center of the bar chewed my traps up.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
so I switched gyms maybe a month ago. gym I switched to has different bars, didn't think much of it. was wearing a thin white under armour shirt and doin some heavy good mornings to finish my workout. I go into the locker room, take my shirt off and the upper back is all blood soaked, my traps have like road rash lol. knurling in the center of the bar chewed my traps up.
Ouch...

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ouch!! That's not good at all!! Crazy that you didn't feel it!

JD261985

Banned
Awards
It had to have been from the grip area. Some bars have worn down grip areas that leave the metal a bit chipped and spikey

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used some brand new bars with sharp knurling but never had this happen doing squats or good mornings. Sounds like the bar was moving around too much -- didn't have it locked in place good????

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I didn't have enough plates available for my squats tonight so I took the two 60 lb DBs and hung them with chains from each end of the bar. Was that a douche move?

Mystere3

Awards
So I didn't have enough plates available for my squats tonight so I took the two 60 lb DBs and hung them with chains from each end of the bar. Was that a douche move?
No that's cool and prolly a lot harder to lift. It's one of the squat variations I've seen on t-nation, with kettlebells.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I swear that I'm the only person who wipes the machine before and after I use them! There's sanitary wipes all over the gym but nobody uses them! This guy left his stank a**, dirty balls sweat on the machine. Ugh....

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I swear that I'm the only person who wipes the machine before and after I use them! There's sanitary wipes all over the gym but nobody uses them! This guy left his stank a**, dirty balls sweat on the machine. Ugh....
Excuse me but my balls aren't stank a** or dirty! I just like to leave my ball sweat everywhere to mark my territory. It's easier than trying to piss a little bit and stop it so I don't empty my bladder on just one spot. It's more inconspicuous that way too. :p

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Excuse me but my balls aren't stank a** or dirty! I just like to leave my ball sweat everywhere to mark my territory. It's easier than trying to piss a little bit and stop it so I don't empty my bladder on just one spot. It's more inconspicuous that way too. :p
I mean, I don't mind balls sweat n the bedroom but...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I can honestly say I always wipe down the machines after I use them. I feel it's just common courtesy to other people. No one else wipes down the machine. I've observed this and I never see people do it but I refuse to be one of those people. I deserve a pat on the back

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can honestly say I always wipe down the machines after I use them. I feel it's just common courtesy to other people. No one else wipes down the machine. I've observed this and I never see people do it but I refuse to be one of those people. I deserve a pat on the back
At our gym everyone wipes off the equipment post use...
Sometimes I'm in such a hurry( super setting), I just tell the guys not to worry, a lil extra sweat won't hurt me, lol......
;)

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I do db rows with the 130's (heaviest in the rack) and lean one hand on the 90's. What ya gonna do about it? Very few make it down to the end rack with me, and those who do respect and yield.
What about the guys rowing on the rack showing respect for the rest? How about they move that way when someone else needs a db they can get it especially In the middle of a dropset/superset/giant set? That'd be respectful not being in the f+cking way. "Oooh I row a 130lb db so people should respect me". LAWL. I respect you for the knowledge I see shared here but dude c 'mon think of both sides of it.

Another thought, most racks are pretty upright. Why not go do a 1h bb row for the same effect?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes we r very friendly....
:)
It's a great country....
Except your border patrol, had a pretty not cool experience with them. But once I got in to Canada I loved it! Except the beer prices where we were, 40 bucks for a case.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Except your border patrol, had a pretty not cool experience with them. But once I got in to Canada I loved it! Except the beer prices where we were, 40 bucks for a case.
Yes, lol, the border guys r strict!
And I guess beer is expensive, lol...
6 bucks for a glass if u go out I think? Lol, I don't drink...
;)

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
What about the guys rowing on the rack showing respect for the rest? How about they move that way when someone else needs a db they can get it especially In the middle of a dropset/superset/giant set? That'd be respectful not being in the f+cking way. "Oooh I row a 130lb db so people should respect me". LAWL. I respect you for the knowledge I see shared here but dude c 'mon think of both sides of it.

Another thought, most racks are pretty upright. Why not go do a 1h bb row for the same effect?
It's always the opposite for me. I'll want to grab a 90 but can't some ******* is curling an endless set with the 25's which are right above it

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, lol, the border guys r strict!
And I guess beer is expensive, lol...
6 bucks for a glass if u go out I think? Lol, I don't drink...
;)
Yea, it was oddly not that crazy expensive at the bar. But if we went to buy some for the park or whatever it was expensive. We were in saskatoon if that matters

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I do db rows with the 130's (heaviest in the rack) and lean one hand on the 90's. What ya gonna do about it? Very few make it down to the end rack with me, and those who do respect and yield.
Nice! Me too bro. The 130s are right below the 5s and 10s so ain't nobody coming by me. Of they do it's because they were sent to timeout to play with the 5s. They can wait.

Other than that I stay out of peoples way. I don't like setting the weights down gently but just under control. I like to be away from people because if one rolls I don't wanna smash a toe or hurt someone and delay their gains. Little people need those gains too!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Little people need those gains too!
So considerate! Lmao. Now if we can get people to stop over stacking weight trees. I can't count how many 25-45lb plates have landed on my toes from that.

I've gotten into the same mentality. Mostly because... Fawk people. I'm in the gym to get yoked. Not talk and make friends and teach dumb sh!ts.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So considerate! Lmao. Now if we can get people to stop over stacking weight trees. I can't count how many 25-45lb plates have landed on my toes from that.

I've gotten into the same mentality. Mostly because... Fawk people. I'm in the gym to get yoked. Not talk and make friends and teach dumb sh!ts.
I don't even train. I just go there to flirt with all the hot guy. :p

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
So considerate! Lmao. Now if we can get people to stop over stacking weight trees. I can't count how many 25-45lb plates have landed on my toes from that. I've gotten into the same mentality. Mostly because... Fawk people. I'm in the gym to get yoked. Not talk and make friends and teach dumb sh!ts.
I go there to do work. My and my partner go in, slam weights, lift heavy, push eachother and pump eachother up. We are those dudes in stringers and bandanas or hats making noise. But nobody is gunna say **** to the 2 guys dead lifting 500+ for 4 sets of 8.

We are actually competing against eachother in heavyweights next month haha. Both gunning for 1st but if I lose I hope it's to him and he's got the same mentality.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, it was oddly not that crazy expensive at the bar. But if we went to buy some for the park or whatever it was expensive. We were in saskatoon if that matters
Oh wow, yes that's 4 hrs away from me..
Saskatoon is nice, I'm in a small oil town(12000 ppl, lol..)...10 minutes from North Dakota, so prices r even more jacked up, lol.....

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm sure we drove through it! We came across the border in ND.

raz_kaz248

Awards
Cheapest beers I have found to be in Quebec and Alberta. And I have had way more trouble getting back to Canada then getting in to the US!!!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, getting back into America took us 2 minutes and we didn't even have to get out of the car. Getting into Canada was a four hour affair.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
what ya gonna do about it?? Wow....look out everyone, we got a badass over here!
If you can lift that much, that means you have been around and have seen a lot of azzholes in the gym, and I bet they pissed u off too. Stop being a hardo and just move from the fuggin rack.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
what ya gonna do about it?? Wow....look out everyone, we got a badass over here! If you can lift that much, that means you have been around and have seen a lot of azzholes in the gym, and I bet they pissed u off too. Stop being a hardo and just move from the fuggin rack.
You may be from boston but you're still a decent dude.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
A cheap carton of beer hear is approximately US$55, & $7-$13 per pint... So you're still better off than the Aus population... Expect me, because I don't drink...

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do db rows with the 130's (heaviest in the rack) and lean one hand on the 90's. What ya gonna do about it?
Very few make it down to the end rack with me, and those who do respect and yield.
Ill see you when you make it down to the 150s.

I prefer to db row braced off a bench so I can work The mid traps and lats better instead of focusing on the upper trap like you do when braced off the rack.

Honestly guys if to have to wait 20 seconds for someone to finish a set and move, is it the end of the world? Are we really complaining about this kind of petty crap? Sure it's annoying but have patience. If you're on a specially timed workout, get the weights you need the rest period before you need them. Plan ahead. Or my personal favorite, growl at them until they run away.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
what ya gonna do about it?? Wow....look out everyone, we got a badass over here!
If you can lift that much, that means you have been around and have seen a lot of azzholes in the gym, and I bet they pissed u off too. Stop being a hardo and just move from the fuggin rack.
You sound like a chick. You're reading into it too much...

There's nobody ever at the heavy end, especially at 530am.

Ill see you when you make it down to the 150s.

I prefer to db row braced off a bench so I can work The mid traps and lats better instead of focusing on the upper trap like you do when braced off the rack.
There are no 150's, heaviest is 130.