Douchebags at the gym...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the input y'all. It looks like I'll have to make a trip out there and check everything out in person. My Mom's niece lives in palm desert, CA which is about 2 hrs from Santa Monica. I'll mooch off them and stay there while shopping around lol.

I want to go check out "the hills" and then realized I probably can't live there. My parents already think I'm an idiot for wanting to move out there asap.
Lol, you've been watching too much MTV! Laguna beach is a total tourist town. How old are you?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Cheaper than my rent for an 1100 sq ft house in south jersey. I was 40 min from any shoreline. Cali doesn't seem too bad except la/Camarillo and San Diego.
Lol I live in San Diego county my 1bed 1bath is like 800sq feet

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Thanks for the input y'all. It looks like I'll have to make a trip out there and check everything out in person. My Mom's niece lives in palm desert, CA which is about 2 hrs from Santa Monica. I'll mooch off them and stay there while shopping around lol.

I want to go check out "the hills" and then realized I probably can't live there. My parents already think I'm an idiot for wanting to move out there asap.
The worst kind of people live in "the Hills". If you want to live in that area check out Huntington Beach

Mystere3

Awards
Hollywood is actually pretty cheap. It is pretty crappy though and full of dbs.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
That's big for a 1 bedroom.
Well I have a living room and a kitchen but no washer and drier. I defiantly think SD county is over priced its like you pay a nice weather tax

Mystere3

Awards
Well I have a living room and a kitchen but no washer and drier. I defiantly think SD county is over priced its like you pay a nice weather tax
Try west la. In Santa Monica that apt would cost 3k and be 1/3 smaller.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Try west la. In Santa Monica that apt would cost 3k and be 1/3 smaller.
When moved to SD I checked out most of LA. Pricing and the stupid amount of traffic are the two reasons that I didn't move there. How dirty most of the city was the third

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When moved to SD I checked out most of LA. Pricing and the stupid amount of traffic are the two reasons that I didn't move there. How dirty most of the city was the third
^^^^ these are the reasons why I avoid L.A.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Lol, you've been watching too much MTV! Laguna beach is a total tourist town. How old are you?
Haha I grew up watching Laguna beach and then The Hills haha. I was always jelly of those kids and their lifestyles! Im 23, turning 24 later this year. I've mainly lived in TN my whole life. I worked in Trumbull, Connecticut at Unilever for 7 months and I worked in NYC at Citigroup for 7 months.

The worst kind of people live in "the Hills". If you want to live in that area check out Huntington Beach
Will do. I've heard good thing about Huntington Beach!

Mystere3

Awards
^^^^ these are the reasons why I avoid L.A.
La is def $ but it's the best :). Certain areas are dirty but no one goes there. Traffic is an issue only if you commute. I walk most places, but that's dependent on living somewhere where you can do that and you'll be paying for it.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
La is def $ but it's the best :). Certain areas are dirty but no one goes there. Traffic is an issue only if you commute. I walk most places, but that's dependent on living somewhere where you can do that and you'll be paying for it.
NorCal is so different from SoCal. Total culture shock!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha I grew up watching Laguna beach and then The Hills haha. I was always jelly of those kids and their lifestyles! Im 23, turning 24 later this year. I've mainly lived in TN my whole life. I worked in Trumbull, Connecticut at Unilever for 7 months and I worked in NYC at Citigroup for 7 months.

Will do. I've heard good thing about Huntington Beach!
Lol, Laguna beach and Newport beach are both tourist towns with houses on the hills, overlooking the beach. Really beautiful to VISIT, but I couldn't deal with the foot traffic. I'd love to move to Connecticut!

Mystere3

Awards
Lol, Laguna beach and Newport beach are both tourist towns with houses on the hills, overlooking the beach. Really beautiful to VISIT, but I couldn't deal with the foot traffic. I'd love to move to Connecticut!
Laguna is; Newport isn't as much. It's a pretty old city and there aren't really any hills. I used to live right next to it. Was fine just boring.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Trust me you don't. Theres not a lot to do and its insanely cold. I was miserable during the cold months...

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
you couldn't handle our New England snow

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is diff to a certain degree depending on where you are, yeah. I used to live in SF; Hated it.
I love/hate SF. Surprisingly it's my go to meditate city!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you couldn't handle our New England snow
What's this snow you speak of?! Lol.. We freak out when it hails a bit here. It makes front page news! Lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trust me you don't. Theres not a lot to do and its insanely cold. I was miserable during the cold months...
But isn't it pretty in the fall? I don't do much anyways. My favorite thing to do is stay home and watch the I.D channel. Lol, how to kill your lover! :D

Mystere3

Awards
SF is one of the coldest places I've ever lived in terms of how cold it felt, esp in summer. The ppl are just awful too.

Never living anywhere cold again, waste of time.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SF is one of the coldest places I've ever lived in terms of how cold it felt, esp in summer. The ppl are just awful too.

Yes, the people are rude and snooty. That's why I go straight to the beach and come back home.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
The San Fernando valley is the place. I'm in sherman oaks. 20 mins from hollywood. 25 from the beach. 20 to Beverly Hills. All the accessibility without the BS of LA. Dtla is a terrible place I would never live. Pluse I got a huge apt for cheaper then most studio's on the west side.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards

Cold is the worst.

Mystere3

Awards
The San Fernando valley is the place. I'm in sherman oaks. 20 mins from hollywood. 25 from the beach. 20 to Beverly Hills. All the accessibility without the BS of LA. Dtla is a terrible place I would never live. Pluse I got a huge apt for cheaper then most studio's on the west side.
Yeah that area isn't bad. Warmer than west la though. I like not having to use AC ever.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Yeah that area isn't bad. Warmer than west la though. I like not having to use AC ever.
Yeah it gets warm for sure. The west valley is a bit cooler but also ritzier. I can handle the heat.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
But isn't it pretty in the fall? I don't do much anyways. My favorite thing to do is stay home and watch the I.D channel. Lol, how to kill your lover! :D
Always tell my wife I don't like her watching Deadly Wives, she might get some ideas...lol

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Double post!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always tell my wife I don't like her watching Deadly Wives, she might get some ideas...lol
Haha, I freaking love it! 1000 channels and that's the only one I watch!

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
I just want to live somewhere near the beach that's high end, warm, and with a beach view. So I can relax for a few hours every night. The 7 months I was at citi I worked 14-18 hrs a day. So whatever I end up doing will be stressful as crap and time consuming.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
You should just live in rich, white, Doylestown, Pennsylvania. I'm so safe here o.o

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Sonoma county, work in sf. The original squeeze in sac is supposed to be the better of the two. I use get this super good(crazy fat content) fried chicken sando there, but the last few times to quality of ingredients just seemed to have degraded.
Shout out to another Sonoma county iron addict here on AM ! At least you can escape some of this latest heat wave by working down in SF.

Mystere3

Awards
I don't like it for anything except 1 arm rows. I think it's stupid to be moving 160 lb dbs too far away. I think the ppl doing curls in front of the rack could move tho.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty sure you wouldn't make me move during my set.
Same here. Ion is just mad cause... Well he can't squat :,(

In all seriousness I hate when people ****ing curl in front of the db rack and why was someone doing goblet squats in a ****ing rack? It's a squat ... But do ya really need the paper rack for that? Come on d0000000d

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Pretty sure you wouldn't make me move during my set.
Lawl. You fit in this thread. You are a doushe. And a tough guy. You're unadulterated quote proves it.

"Oh my god this dumbbell is so heavy I can't move it 10 friggin feet to a utility bench". C'mon man. There's no validity to "I don't want to walk with a 60 lb dumbbell. It's too heavy." You're lifting weights. Deal with it. You're not the only person in the gym. God damn lazy f* cks man.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Same here. Ion is just mad cause... Well he can't squat :,(
I love how in every convo no matter the topic,....it always comes down to that

in all seriousness though it really is frustrating. Take two steps back before you do your 30 rep curls.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love how in every convo no matter the topic,....it always comes down to that in all seriousness though it really is frustrating. Take two steps back before you do your 30 rep curls.
I like busting his balls about ... Well ovaries because well... You know.

Mystere3

Awards
Lawl. You fit in this thread. You are a doushe. And a tough guy. You're unadulterated quote proves it.

"Oh my god this dumbbell is so heavy I can't move it 10 friggin feet to a utility bench". C'mon man. There's no validity to "I don't want to walk with a 60 lb dumbbell. It's too heavy." You're lifting weights. Deal with it. You're not the only person in the gym. God damn lazy f* cks man.
Obv I can move the dumbbells, that doesn't mean I want to. For shrugs and rows I like using the racks. I do my set and get out of the way. If I would move the weights to a bench I'd be taking up a bench someone else can use. I've never had anyone complain about it. Par for the course at our gym is taking the dbs and not putting them back anyways.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
As I'm dead lifting tonight three 165lb guedo guys with wife beaters on decided to barbell shrug in the squat rack next to me. One guy pulled 5 pairs of gloves, 3 sets of wrist straps, and two lifting belts out of his bag. They were doing shrugs with gloves straps and a belt on. No kidding! They put 315 on the bar and maybe got it an inch off the rack lol.

I dislike commercial gyms.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
As I'm dead lifting tonight three 165lb guedo guys with wife beaters on decided to barbell shrug in the squat rack next to me. One guy pulled 5 pairs of gloves, 3 sets of wrist straps, and two lifting belts out of his bag. They were doing shrugs with gloves straps and a belt on. No kidding! They put 315 on the bar and maybe got it an inch off the rack lol. I dislike commercial gyms.
Hahahaha did their gloves match their purse?

I use a belt for just about everything now. Gives my abs something to press against when I tighten my core up. I can actually see new tightness in my abs from it. After my warmups for just about everything (bench, squat, shrugs, DL, rows, shoulder press etc etc) it goes on for the duration of my working sets. I use it for everything but curls on arms day (but for seated dips and CG bench it goes on for triceps).

My abdomen has been feeling better lately and my stomach distension hasn't been so bad.

Sorry kinda off topic but figured I would share. Wrist wraps for shrugs? C'mon!

I wrap for heavy presses and use straps after my grip fails and my target muscle has more left in it.