dosing - p5p and na r ala

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Started taking these two supps recently, but not sure about what the typical dosing should be. Bottle of p5p says to take one 50mg capsule daily, and the r ala is 100mg caps and it says to take 1-2 daily. I'm taking p5p for prolactin (running LMG right now), and just heard a lot of good things about r ala. Should I just go by the labels on these - are those effective doses?

gkusa001

gkusa001

Awards
I'm not to sure about the p5p but I currently take 200mg r-ala in the morning followed by a second dose later in the day (before two largest carb containing meals).
I have seen ppl take 300mg 2 times a day but I personally did not see any extra benefit of the increased dose except for a lighter wallet lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
300mg na-r-ala daily with your highest carb meal(s)
P5P with food

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
300mg na-r-ala daily with your highest carb meal(s) P5P with food
It has a half life of 12 hours right?

One dosage with biggest carb meal. It's still effective later on with others when carbs are taken correct? Basically no need to take twice per day?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Better options than P5P for PRL control

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Started taking these two supps recently, but not sure about what the typical dosing should be. Bottle of p5p says to take one 50mg capsule daily, and the r ala is 100mg caps and it says to take 1-2 daily. I'm taking p5p for prolactin (running LMG right now), and just heard a lot of good things about r ala. Should I just go by the labels on these - are those effective doses?
INHIBIT P would be a better choice for prolactin control. Its usually less than $19 a bottle

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
INHIBIT P would be a better choice for prolactin control. Its usually less than $19 a bottle
Not really, dosing L-Dopa and P5P together tends to be counterproductive

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting. First time I have ever heard of this

You got any proof?

Thanks

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. First time I have ever heard of this

You got any proof?

Thanks
Inhibit P would be good stacked with a decarboxylase inhibitor, still a wiser choice to buy bulk ingredients (Dopadex/P5P) and a decarboxylase inhibitor, in regards to both money saved and "quality" (higher percentage L-Dopa). Not to mention at 300mg Vitex is essentially moot.

Inhibition of l-Dopa-Induced Growth Hormone Stimulation by Pyridoxine and Chlorpromazine

Abstract

One gram of l-dopa was administered orally to 12 male control subjects and induced an increase of growth hormone (GH) secretion. The l-dopa-induced GH response was inhibited by an intravenous infusion of pyridoxine, but pyridoxine did not inhibit the GH response to hypoglycemia. Chlorpromazine also inhibited l-dopa-induced GH stimulation. Glucose concentrations were unaffected by l-dopa, chlorpromazine, and pyridoxine administration in these subjects. The mechanism of the suppressed l-dopa-induced GH response by pyridoxine appears to be mediated by peripheral acceleration of the conversion of l-dopa to dopamine, while that of chlorpromazine appears to be mediated through hypothalamic centers. Pyridoxine and chlorpromazine should be added to the list of other factors affecting the response to L-dopa-induced GH stimulation.

Failure of vitamin B6 to reverse the l-dopa effect in patients on a dopa decarboxylase inhibitor

Abstract

Seven patients with Parkinsonism previously on l-dopa were placed on a regimen of l-dopa and alpha methyl dopa hydrazine (a dopa decarboxylase inhibitor). Two of these patients had previously shown marked clinical deterioration of the l-dopa improvement when given pyridoxine. None of the seven patients receiving alpha methyl dopa hydrazine demonstrated any change in their condition when given pyridoxine. The failure of vitamin B6 to reverse the clinical effect of l-dopa in patients receiving both l-dopa and a peripheral dopa decarboxylase inhibitor suggests that reversal of the l-dopa effect induced by vitamin B6 is due to increasing the activity of the enzyme dopa decarboxylase outside the central nervous system.

ON THE MECHANISM OF THE NULLIFICATION OF CNS EFFECTS OF l-DOPA BY PYRIDOXINE IN PARKINSONIAN PATIENTS

Abstract

Administration of either Levodopa (l-DOPA) or pyridoxine increased the concentration of dopamine in the basal ganglia of rats. However, administration of pyridoxine to rats pretreated with l-DOPA for several days resulted in a reversal of the l-DOPA-induced elevation of dopamine. Pretreatment of rats with Ro 4-4602 (an inhibitor of peripheral aromatic amino acid decarboxylases) enhanced the l-DOPA-induced rise in the CNS level of dopamine. This effect was also reduced substantially after the administration of pyridoxine. We interpret these results to indicate that the antagonistic effect of pyridoxine on the beneficial effects of l-DOPA in the CNS is centrally mediated as a result of decreased formation of dopamine.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established

Dosing P5P and Mucuna increases Dopamine conversion outside the BBB by a much larger amount (more blood outside the brain than inside) so the net effect is negative.

You're better off either dosing them separately, or using another supplement to control PRL.

Now, a post from another board.

Alright, I am going to quote Cy word for word from the text messages

It started on here, he stated that he "preferred dopadex", when compared to L-Dopa/P5P together.

And straight from the text messages "Using l-dopa with p5p is not optimal"

I confirmed with him before I posted this to make sure it was ok

Now for the complications. (Aren't there always complications
in life?) The final reaction to the neurotransmitter in both the
case of dopamine and serotonin, is decarboxylation, and the same
enzyme (the aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase) is involved in
both conversions. This decarboxylase enzyme is present in the
liver, and it acts in the case of L-DOPA to convert the compound
to dopamine before it can make it into the brain (and if this
happens, the L-DOPA is wasted). The decarboxylase enzyme uses B6
as a cofactor for this reaction, and for this reason a
Parkinson's disease patient taking L-DOPA cannot take more than
the RDA of B6, because doing so would act to neutralize
oral L-DOPA too quickly. These days, almost all Parkinson's
patients on L-DOPA take the drug in a combination with an
artificial decarboxylase inhibitor, called Carbidopa (the
combination is called Sinemet). But even with Carbidopa,
Parkinson's patients are advised not to exceed a daily dose of B6
of 25 mg, since more will overwhelm the Carbidopa effect, and
cause pharmacologic L-DOPA to be destroyed in the liver before it
can get into the brain.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It isn't significant. Inhibit p works well.
Do you know of any studies done with oral administration.

If it only contained a small amount of muca, and a large amount of p5p, it might make a difference.

But it's the opposite. And it also has vitex.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
It isn't significant. Inhibit p works well.

If it only contained a small amount of muca, and a large amount of p5p, it might make a difference.

But it's the opposite. And it also has vitex.
It only takes 25mg to "cause pharmacologic L-DOPA to be destroyed in the liver before it can get into the brain. "

There's really not much of an argument here. Standalone L-Dopa would be superior.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It only takes 25mg to "cause pharmacologic L-DOPA to be destroyed in the liver before it can get into the brain. "

There's really not much of an argument here. Standalone L-Dopa would be superior.
Also, do you have info on prolactin effects? Cause those studies are referring to gh responce.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Also, do you have info on prolactin effects? Cause those studies are referring to gh responce.
That's egregiously irrelevant. All 3 came to the conclusion that dosing B6 alongside L-Dopa increases conversion outside the BBB. Same MOA for PRL control/reduction.

Stop while you're ahead.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One human study showed a single 300mg dosage of B6 exerts 'a hypothalamic dopaminergic effect' which causes a 'significant decrease of plasma prolactin'(1);
Another found that 300mg of B6 taken twice a day by 10 normal women lowered prolactin levels and slightly but significantly raised growth hormone levels. The authors concluded: 'The effect of vitamin B6 is likely to be mediated by dopaminergic receptors at hypothalamic level'(2);
Another study found B6 to significantly reduce 'opioids-induced hyperprolactinemia'(3); This study on men found that 'Pyridoxine (B6) suppresses the rise in prolactin and increases the rise in growth hormone induced by exercise'(4);
And a study on male rats found that, 'Pyridoxine hydrochloride significantly suppressed the chlorpromazine-induced prolactin rise (p less than 0.01). However, the suppression was significantly less than that produced by bromocriptine (p less than 0.01)'(5).

(1)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1254699
(2)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6324828
(3)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3967846
(4)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7088124
(5)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/501547

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
One human study showed a single 300mg dosage of B6 exerts 'a hypothalamic dopaminergic effect' which causes a 'significant decrease of plasma prolactin'(1);
Another found that 300mg of B6 taken twice a day by 10 normal women lowered prolactin levels and slightly but significantly raised growth hormone levels. The authors concluded: 'The effect of vitamin B6 is likely to be mediated by dopaminergic receptors at hypothalamic level'(2);
Another study found B6 to significantly reduce 'opioids-induced hyperprolactinemia'(3); This study on men found that 'Pyridoxine (B6) suppresses the rise in prolactin and increases the rise in growth hormone induced by exercise'(4);
And a study on male rats found that, 'Pyridoxine hydrochloride significantly suppressed the chlorpromazine-induced prolactin rise (p less than 0.01). However, the suppression was significantly less than that produced by bromocriptine (p less than 0.01)'(5).
That's not even remotely relevant. And please quote the source where you copy and paste from.

I'm sure Ed Clements would not appreciate you parroting his articles.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's not even remotely relevant. And please quote the source where you copy and paste from.
Recheck

And op is looking for a prolactin inhibition responce, not growth hormone.

I'm sure ed doesn't have a problem.

I'm on my phone, and can only c n p so much. You respond too fast.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Recheck

And op is looking for a prolactin inhibition responce, not growth hormone.
I don't see how dosing P5P alone is relevant to P5P+L-Dopa

I'm getting the feeling you are not versed on this subject.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see how dosing P5P alone is relevant to P5P+L-Dopa
You have oral administration not intravenous, you also have vitex, brb

Looking for studies to show p5p combined with muca puriens, and all 3 including vitex are counterproductive, for inhibition of prolactin.

But unable to find any. If you know of any using oral administration, please share.

However, anecdotally, user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
I even use inhibit p myself. Doesn't say much though cause I'm a Sns rep. But I don't push products from anyone I don't use, even Sns.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Inhibit P would be good stacked with a decarboxylase inhibitor, still a wiser choice to buy bulk ingredients (Dopadex/P5P) and a decarboxylase inhibitor, in regards to both money saved and "quality" (higher percentage L-Dopa). Not to mention at 300mg Vitex is essentially moot.
Please excuse my ignorance (thus, this question) but can you suggest a herbal or other non-prescription decarboxylase inhibitor?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
I believe green tea caps will do the trick. could be wrong though.

http://www.seriousnutritionsolutions.com/img/products/Green-Tea.png[/mg]

[url]http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/green-tea-75-capsules.html[/url]

10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Only at very high dosages, ~5G

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eric42952 Anabolics 16
Anabolics 32
SatishOG Cycle Logs 9
cruze1911r1 Anabolics 37
angel77 Anabolics 0