Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You

There is no actual logic happening here bro. It’s blind leading the blind with hatred towards anything they don’t agree with. Basically children all of them.
thanks...now i need another bag of popcorn:cool:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If it was a dem, would we need to have a hissey fit? Or would the dems be fighting it with equal veracity and treating it the same?

Trump has been against the USPS since day 1 because the finances don't work. It isn't like he just changed his stance to benefit in the polls. Not saying he is right, but I wonder how much of this is anti-trumpism that skews everything as being evil even beyond the evidence.
see-2006 postal accountability and enhancement act

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thus is simply a weak argument. For any service to be sustainable it has to provide an increase in resources beyond the cost in resources that it requires. If it cannot do this, then it isn't sustainable. Econ 101. Sorry, I don't make the rules....reality does.

The postal service provides a benefit and UPS and FedEx do it even better. But it is more expensive to the end user. And it should be. People a ant a service that they deem unworthy of paying for but expect the government to pay for instead.
“The Trump administration is mistaken about its claim that the postal service is losing money ‘every time they hand out a package for Amazon and other Internet companies,’” O’Rourke said. “The current agreement with Amazon, and presumably other online merchants, is, at the very least, a break-even arrangement. The reason the postal service is losing money is because of a congressionally mandated retirement healthcare funding program that no other government agency is required to observe. This creates a $6.5 billion annual shortfall that could easily be avoided.”

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If it was a dem, would we need to have a hissey fit? Or would the dems be fighting it with equal veracity and treating it the same?

Trump has been against the USPS since day 1 because the finances don't work. It isn't like he just changed his stance to benefit in the polls. Not saying he is right, but I wonder how much of this is anti-trumpism that skews everything as being evil even beyond the evidence.
Regardless of who it is, are you saying this is a good move or that it isnt?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
“The Trump administration is mistaken about its claim that the postal service is losing money ‘every time they hand out a package for Amazon and other Internet companies,’” O’Rourke said. “The current agreement with Amazon, and presumably other online merchants, is, at the very least, a break-even arrangement. The reason the postal service is losing money is because of a congressionally mandated retirement healthcare funding program that no other government agency is required to observe. This creates a $6.5 billion annual shortfall that could easily be avoided.”
how come i get charged postage and amazon doesn't? even if usps isn't losing money on amazon per se, breaking even IS losing in a business sense.

and he is probably referring to 2006 postal accountability and enhancement act that the usps has been defaulting on for years.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's a service, it's not supposed to be profitable. The military costs the tax payer billions. Do you call them flat broke and losing money?

Dont be a dummy
It’s a service that is meant to be self funded. That’s why they charge money for sending stuff. Don’t be a dummy.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s a service that is meant to be self funded. That’s why they charge money for sending stuff. Don’t be a dummy.
lol...i remember when a stamp was 6-cents.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The USPS fiasco is just people making mountains out of molehills. If you can take your ass to Walmart to buy your groceries then you can take your ass to the polls and vote. If you have to show your ID to buy a bottle of liquor then surely you can produce one to vote. This isn’t voter suppression it’s voter integrity. Dems are always in a tizzy about this because they rely on cheating.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol...i remember when a stamp was 6-cents.
And I remember when it was actually exciting to check the mail. If for no Other reason than the Victoria secret catalog. Now it’s just junk mail. It’s a useless service that is a drain and should be removed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And I remember when it was actually exciting to check the mail. If for no Other reason than the Victoria secret catalog. Now it’s just junk mail. It’s a useless service that is a drain and should be removed.
the only mail i get these days is from some guy named bill.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The USPS fiasco is just people making mountains out of molehills. If you can take your ass to Walmart to buy your groceries then you can take your ass to the polls and vote. If you have to show your ID to buy a bottle of liquor then surely you can produce one to vote. This isn’t voter suppression it’s voter integrity. Dems are always in a tizzy about this because they rely on cheating.
i agree that the excuse of not having a ID is total bullshyt...you can't legitimately survive in society today without a ID, and if you aren't legit you shouldn't be voting.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don’t even get bills in the mail anymore. I literally go empty my mailbox and throw the stack straight into the bin.
i still get bill in my mail, he just won't go away.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i agree that the excuse of not having a ID is total bullshyt...you can't legitimately survive in society today without a ID, and if you aren't legit you shouldn't be voting.
Voting is a right; if you're going to require an ID then every citizen should be given a free ID prior to their 18th birthday.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The Post Office is outlined in the constitution if you want to get rid of it get an amendment ratified.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Post Office is outlined in the constitution if you want to get rid of it get an amendment ratified.
Then I recommend they put some intelligent people in charge of it and run it properly. Otherwise go back to horseback like it was.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now ask yourself why the proponents of voter ID aren't saying this.
Who is objecting to proving free voter ID? My state provides free voter ID cards. Which state doesn’t? You have to ask yourself why a party is insistent on not requiring any sort of identification and now no form of verification for voting. This is an American right. Not a foreigners right. It is far too sacred to leave to cheating.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Then I recommend they put some intelligent people in charge of it and run it properly. Otherwise go back to horseback like it was.
I use USPS almost every day. They typically do a great job IME. Customers complain about shipping fees non-stop. If I had to use UPS or FedEx it would be a big hit to my business.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Who is objecting to proving free voter ID? My state provides free voter ID cards. Which state doesn’t? You have to ask yourself why a party is insistent on not requiring any sort of identification and now no form of verification for voting. This is an American right. Not a foreigners right. It is far too sacred to leave to cheating.
They've studied the states without voter ID and found that voter fraud is statistically insignificant. In a country of 328 million you can find examples but for the most part this is a red herring.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But the establishment of the Postal Service, well...post offices and postal roads anyway, is in the Constitution (A1S8C7). I thought you were a guy who operated under “non-negotiables” regarding things specifically written in the constitution?

Edit: guess i should actually read the most recent page before I post.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let’s not forget how China’s packages are subsidized, reason so many of those deal extreme websites can sell cheap products overseas for free.

Myself I have been mostly taken out of international business. I used to sell a lot of $5-$10 product overseas and I’d charge my customers $5 to ship 11-15 years ago, now shipping is $12-$14 and it no longer made sense for customers to buy from me.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use USPS almost every day. They typically do a great job IME. Customers complain about shipping fees non-stop. If I had to use UPS or FedEx it would be a big hit to my business.
You must do a lot of first class and flat rate domestic right? It’s a very reasonable service.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let’s not forget how China’s packages are subsidized, reason so many of those deal extreme websites can sell cheap products overseas for free.

Myself I have been mostly taken out of international business. I used to sell a lot of $5-$10 product overseas and I’d charge my customers $5 to ship 11-15 years ago, now shipping is $12-$14 and it no longer made sense for customers to buy from me.
Yup, and take 2 months to get to me. I only order overseas if I know I don’t need it right away.

Shipping is crazy! FedEx shows one price online but when you get the bill, it’s doubled. I paid about $43 with fedex ground a few weeks ago because they doubled the weight!

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Voting is a right; if you're going to require an ID then every citizen should be given a free ID prior to their 18th birthday.
Never thought of that, I’m a very pro voter ID guy and that’s a fair solution if your not needing a drivers license.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Trump is crying because 0.0000004% of mail of votes have been fraudulent in the past so he is defunding the post office because hes afraid of losing LOL.

And yet Dems are having a tizzy. Surrreeee. Trumps scared.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It's also the system that will defeat Trump

Last edited:
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Have you read the transcript where Trump asks for foreign interference in the last election?

Why now is he above cheating?

Hint: he isnt, which is why he is defunding the post office lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
J4sBJDq.jpeg

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trump is crying because 0.0000004% of mail of votes have been fraudulent in the past so he is defunding the post office because hes afraid of losing LOL.

Elections have been won and lost by just a few votes. Fraud and ballot tampering is unacceptable. Your the guy that said even one case of police wrongdoing is unacceptable. I’m the guy saying even one case of voter fraud is unacceptable. Verify and count. No other way.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you a veteran enrolled in VA healthcare? Let me tell you a little about VA choice. When Obama did choice the VA only had to let you use Choice if they couldn’t book you an appointment within 90 days. It would then take 2-3 weeks for an agent to call you and ask if you are okay with using a non VA doctor. After you answered a few questions the agent would say someone will call you back to set an appointment. If you were lucky and everything lined up you would get to a doctor in 60 days.

Under the Trump administration if you can’t get seen within 2 weeks you can use Choice. Someone calls within 2-3 days and actually scheduled you with a doctor who can see you based on availability and distance from the house. No more having to drive into a ghetto to see some substandard doctor 30 miles from home.

Try and stick with things you may actually know about and not veteran issues, which Obama the terrorist gave two squirts of piss about. That guy was horrendous for the military and veterans.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Elections have been won and lost by just a few votes. Fraud and ballot tampering is unacceptable. Your the guy that said even one case of police wrongdoing is unacceptable. I’m the guy saying even one case of voter fraud is unacceptable. Verify and count. No other way.
So for clarification, was Trump colluding with Russia acceptable or not acceptable in your view?

Because if one mail in vote fraud is not acceptable, where does allowing foreign intervention into domestic politics sit on the scale?

Source, for reference: https://intelligence.house.gov/russiainvestigation/

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So for clarification, was Trump colluding with Russia acceptable or not acceptable in your view?

Because if one mail in vote fraud is not acceptable, where does allowing foreign intervention into domestic politics sit on the scale?

Source, for reference: https://intelligence.house.gov/russiainvestigation/
He did not collude with Russia. Weren’t you paying attention? The dems investigated and spent millions of dollars and were not able to prove collusion. Turns out the whole thing was built around a Bar room conversation and now the people that started it are all under investigation. Lol.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This whole crap is so stupid to me, I would say 99% of all the voters already decided who their pick is.

Just open the stupid ballots up a week or 2 early and allow early access on actual voting machines. Have actual N95 masks available to pre-order if people so damn worried about getting the plague and just allow the absentee ballot system to work for those who really need it the most. end/story.

Now for the real problems, why arent Dump and Groper Joe in prison?

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This whole crap is so stupid to me, I would say 99% of all the voters already decided who their pick is.

Just open the stupid ballots up a week or 2 early and allow early access on actual voting machines. Have actual N95 masks available to pre-order if people so damn worried about getting the plague and just allow the absentee ballot system to work for those who really need it the most. end/story.

Now for the real problems, why arent Dump and Groper Joe in prison?
Agreed.

Trump is not in jail because saying mean things and being a troll to reporters isn’t a crime.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never thought of that, I’m a very pro voter ID guy and that’s a fair solution if your not needing a drivers license.
The problem is giving everyone an ID negates the voter suppression aspect of it and that's not the bug, it's the feature.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is one good thing about the post office. Being able to have 5000 bullets shipped in a flat rate box for 10 bucks or whatever it is. Then watching the mailman cussing on my doorbell camera as he is trying to carry that box up to my door.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The problem is giving everyone an ID negates the voter suppression aspect of it and that's not the bug, it's the feature.
Realistically how many people do not have ID of some sort? How many people of the few that don’t have an ID are actually going to vote?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Realistically how many people do not have ID of some sort? How many people of the few that don’t have an ID are actually going to vote?
The last question is completely irrelevant; voting is a right. You know that one you reeeeally like to the point of glazing over most of the rest of the constitution.

Anyone who doesn't drive or regularly buy alcohol may not have an ID. The real answer is it's mostly poor people who don't drive and rarely drink (when they do they all just give money to and send the one person in the family who does have an ID or a member that's clearly so old they won't get carded.)

Now, I know you're not exactly shedding a tear over those people not voting and that's the whole point of voter ID and why 1 party really really wants it everywhere.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar

Yeab, I'm sure Trump is scared of an old man with dimentia, and a lame VP who her own party hates....lol