Donald Trump running for president

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i used to feel the same about chicago---democrats have ruined both, imo.
I’ve never enjoyed a moment in Chicago. As a matter of fact I have been known to spend an extra couple hundred dollars in airfare just to avoid flying through that shitty city.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ve never enjoyed a moment in Chicago. As a matter of fact I have been known to spend an extra couple hundred dollars in airfare just to avoid flying through that shitty city.
after boot camp i spent another 3 months at great lakes for A school. used to alternate between chicago and milwaukee on weekends, had a great time at both. the loop back in late 70's was a very fun time, lol. milwaukee was a great place to drink, never seen so many bars!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what is sales tax where you live? how about state and local taxes? NY is ran by democrats, indiana is ran by republicans, my bet is you pay more in taxes than i do---wanna bet?
I live in a high tax area, in regard to sales tax its 4 county and 4 state making it 8 total.

Sales tax doesnt bother me so much as the income tax. Its not nearly as demeaning and it doesnt punish productive behavior.

Our property and school tax is pretty high but we chose to live in a nice area.

Ive been a home owner only 2 years so I cant really claim its been better or worse since Dump took office, but people I know claim they were effected by Dump because he capped tax exemptions for home owners here.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I live in a high tax area, in regard to sales tax its 4 county and 4 state making it 8 total.

Sales tax doesnt bother me so much as the income tax. Its not nearly as demeaning and it doesnt punish productive behavior.

Ive been a home owner only 2 years so I cant really claim its been better or worse since Dump took office, but people I know claim they were effected by Dump because he capped tax exemptions for home owners here.
Were they effected by Trump or effected by the NY government that decided to implement said high property taxes? Why should the other states subsidize NYs poor money management issues?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what is sales tax where you live? how about state and local taxes? NY is ran by democrats, indiana is ran by republicans, my bet is you pay more in taxes than i do---wanna bet?
Just remember, NY is mostly a Red State. We just have a problem of the consolidation of highly urbanized areas that have been corrupted by liberal thinking.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
'seattle protesters arrested after explosive thrown at officers, buildings tagged with anti-cop graffiti'

property damage included graffiti that said 'kill cops', and 'save a life, hang a cop'.

waiting for biden to condemn...oh, right-anti-fa doesn't exist-eh, joe?

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just remember, NY is mostly a Red State. We just have a problem of the consolidation of highly urbanized areas that have been corrupted by liberal thinking.
I have said it and I will say it again. NY state has more rednecks than any southern state could ever dream of having.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Were they effected by Trump or effected by the NY government that decided to implement said high property taxes? Why should the other states subsidize NYs poor money management issues?
I dunno enough about the ins and outs of property taxes, I usually just hand that crap to my accountant and let him deal with my problems, LOL

You know I believe in running States like mini-countries so in my world Id be looking to simply the system as much as possible. I wouldnt have a problem so much with Federal property tax, I would look into more of a flat tax property system rather than all this write off complicated baloney.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

indiana's gov capped property taxes, but our mayor got around this by tapping additional $40 monthly onto sewer bill....but i still bet that property taxes here in indiana are a third of what you pay no matter what area you look at!!!

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dunno enough about the ins and outs of property taxes, I usually just hand that crap to my accountant and let him deal with my problems, LOL

You know I believe in running States like mini-countries so in my world Id be looking to simply the system as much as possible. I wouldnt have a problem so much with Federal property tax, I would look into more of a flat tax property system rather than all this write off complicated baloney.
I think we need to get away from property and income tax all together. Move everything over to a VAT and stop punishing people for success but rather make money off of a booming economy.

Reactions: ax1
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

what a mixed up person you are...you claim to care about taxes then you say it is too much of a problem to deal with. :unsure:

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That list isn’t too accurate. We moved from Missouri to California and ended up saving money. MO had personal property tax on top of everything. Spent a small fortune on vehicles and toys everywhere. Sales tax was over 8% in KCMO.
What I can think of is that the lists are vague, they are overall state but not regional within the state.

I know living in NYC is dramatically more expensive than upstate which probably take a big impact on that list. NYC has some 8 out of the 25 million people in the state.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What I can think of is that the lists are vague, they are overall state but not regional within the state.

I know living in NYC is dramatically more expensive than upstate which probably take a big impact on that list. NYC has some 8 out of the 25 million people in the state.
A more telling list would be what would a set income with a nominal house price and a couple cars cost in each state and how far that money would go.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A more telling list would be what would a set income with a nominal house price and a couple cars cost in each state and how far that money would go.
100% agree...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
'NYC to close schools, non-essential businesses in 9 zip codes amid rise in coronovirus cases, beblasio says'

geez, beblasio is determined to bankrupt NYC!!!

maybe deblasio can tax the virus out of NYC, it worked with businesses and the wealthy.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
'NYC to close schools, non-essential businesses in 9 zip codes amid rise in coronovirus cases, beblasio says'

geez, beblasio is determined to bankrupt NYC!!!
I heard that some 1/3rd of all of NYC's small businesses will permanently be shut down forever by 2021.

Thats incredible.

Nice Job bebebelasioooo!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I heard that some 1/3rd of all of NYC's small businesses will permanently be shut down forever by 2021.

Thats incredible.

Nice Job bebebelasioooo!
you can bet cuomo is looking at ways to raise YOUR taxes to bail NYC out....the whole damned state of NY is going to pay the bill for bill....

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you can bet cuomo is looking at ways to raise YOUR taxes to bail NYC out....the whole damned state of NY is going to pay the bill for bill....
Its a good think King Cumho doesnt have a power to print his own money or else we certainly be living in the Wiemar Republic here.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Its a good think King Cumho doesnt have a power to print his own money or else we certainly be living in the Wiemar Republic here.
imo, you are!!!

Reactions: ax1
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
david gilmour-comfortably numb live in pompeii 2016 now has over 80 million views gilmour was in his 70's when he made this and many consider it the greatest guitar solo of all time.

long live david gilmour

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
That may be the eye opening meme I've ever posted......

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If your phone ever breaks and you want to know what the latest phone is out there, take a trip up to your local welfare office. Everyone in there will be banging away on one.

Our poor people are a joke.
and all wearing the latest nike shoes....

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Waiting for Jigzzzz to explain how its Trumps fault....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think Obama was giving out phones. I’m not sure if that program still exists though. But if you loot a phone you can’t exactly activate it.
what if you 'loot' a credit card?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess anything is possible.
i could really care less about the phones, i have one thru verizon that does just fine....but i am jealous of those guys who always have brand new nike's...i usually buy new balance and after a few days of wearing them to work in they look old and wore out, lol.

sketchers makes a comfortable, inexpensive, lightweight boot i wear in winter months, but too damned hot in summer.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
president trump left hospital and did a drive by for supporters gathered outside.

GO TRUMP
CiaNN has been making incredible efforts making someone of a concern into a huge drama show.

Dr. Sanjey Gupta even went out of the way to say the diagnosis is worse than the doctors reported and he also suggested Monday is too early for him to leave the hospital. LOL WTF did he even go in the room and visit him????

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i could really care less about the phones, i have one thru verizon that does just fine....but i am jealous of those guys who always have brand new nike's...i usually buy new balance and after a few days of wearing them to work in they look old and wore out, lol.

sketchers makes a comfortable, inexpensive, lightweight boot i wear in winter months, but too damned hot in summer.
I am a huge New Balance fan. I have 5 of the US made 990s. I also have 3 running shoes that I rotate as well. And then 2 old pairs of working around the house retired running shoes. I wish New Balance would make cycling shoes as well.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am a huge New Balance fan. I have 5 of the US made 990s. I also have 3 running shoes that I rotate as well. And then 2 old pairs of working around the house retired running shoes. I wisoh New Balance would make cycling shoes as well.
I tend to always go back to New Balance myself. I bought a pair of Skechers in mid July and the sole is already wearing out with barely any tread left. I have never gone through shoes that quickly- not even close. So now I have to get some New Balance already. What a waste!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I tend to always go back to New Balance myself. I bought a pair of Skechers in mid July and the sole is already wearing out with barely any tread left. I have never gone through shoes that quickly- not even close. So now I have to get some New Balance already. What a waste!
new balance for shoes...sketchers is my go to for comfortable, water proof, insulated, winter weather boots.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The top doesn’t generally pay. The middle class supports the handouts for the truly rich and the poor.
Yup, and every single one of those income taxes, the government started by saying, "The rich need to pay taxes. But it will only be the rich," and then the rich hire the best accountants and figure out how to use the taxes to their advantage after a couple years and all that newfound revenue starts to drop...so they start taxing the middle class to make up for it. And then someone in the middle class says, "Why are the rich paying so little in taxes and I am paying such a high % of my taxes? We need to taxes them nore!" Not even realizing that is how they got their in the first place.

Colion Noir is the man.

I am a huge New Balance fan. I have 5 of the US made 990s. I also have 3 running shoes that I rotate as well. And then 2 old pairs of working around the house retired running shoes. I wish New Balance would make cycling shoes as well.
Homestly NB are pretty good....for about 3 weeks. I stopped buying them because they wear out so fast. They feel so good in the beginning though.

I had never heard of Alta's until last year and I have had a pair for a year that was the most comfortable show I have ever worn, and they are still going strong.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
never had to do a days work + food stamps?
Probably that, and also they have been stuck in their house for years and years. Too afraid to leave in fear of being a victim of police brutality! :eek:
new balance for shoes...sketchers is my go to for comfortable, water proof, insulated, winter weather boots.
Yeah, I suspect the boots are a different story than the sport trainers I got, I didn’t even use them for tennis! I bought New Balance for my tennis footwear and they have been spectacular!

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Homestly NB are pretty good....for about 3 weeks. I stopped buying them because they wear out so fast. They feel so good in the beginning though.

I had never heard of Alta's until last year and I have had a pair for a year that was the most comfortable show I have ever worn, and they are still going strong.
I get about 500 miles sometimes 600 out of a NB running shoe. Like racing tires you really don’t want them to last all that long or you will give up traction. The NB shoes are sticky and they have superb cushioning. The 990s are heavy so I only use them as casual walking shoes. I’ve had some for over 5 years now and they still look new.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I get about 500 miles sometimes 600 out of a NB running shoe. Like racing tires you really don’t want them to last all that long or you will give up traction. The NB shoes are sticky and they have superb cushioning. The 990s are heavy so I only use them as casual walking shoes. I’ve had some for over 5 years now and they still look new.
Have you ever tried Brooks running shoes? Best running shoes you can put on your feet.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you ever tried Brooks running shoes? Best running shoes you can put on your feet.
No I haven’t tried them. I used to run in Asics which were great and I maxed many Pt tests with them on my feet. But the NB are more comfortable. I have shifted away from running and walking and moved to cycling for my cardio now. My joints just aren’t what they used to be.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer Hoka One One to Brooks but both are solid and a big step up. An actual running shoe makes a huge difference compared to what you’d get at something like a chain store.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No I haven’t tried them. I used to run in Asics which were great and I maxed many Pt tests with them on my feet. But the NB are more comfortable. I have shifted away from running and walking and moved to cycling for my cardio now. My joints just aren’t what they used to be.
I am not really a runner but I use ASICS for my everyday beaters. They are comfortable enough. NB may be a step above for a few weeks, but my experience is they loose their cushion in a month or less and are no longer comfy. Maybe they improved this over the last decade but I stopped buying them for this reason.

For straight comfort and not factoring in longevity, I would go from worst to best: ASICS, New Balance, Brooks, Altra.

The Brooks and the altras will have some models that are each better than the other. Altra paradigms are the most cushioned shoe ever and are great for painless running....although it probably slows you down a bit ti have cushion when pressing off I guess...as if I know anything about what I am talking about.

If I felt like affording anything I would buy a pair of Alturas, a pair of brooks to switch between for highest comfort and a pair of Asics for more everyday where/beating.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I prefer Hoka One One to Brooks but both are solid and a big step up. An actual running shoe makes a huge difference compared to what you’d get at something like a chain store.
Running shoes should be custom fit and impressions should be taken to maximize usage.