Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But you know what’s even better....we don’t wear masks in the building! Law enforcement facilities are exempt from our governor’s executive order mandating masks. The only ones that wear masks are our pistol permits unit because they have to fingerprint people coming in for concealed carry permits.
you have my support, i have respect for police.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
But you know what’s even better....we don’t wear masks in the building! Law enforcement facilities are exempt from our governor’s executive order mandating masks. The only ones that wear masks are our pistol permits unit because they have to fingerprint people coming in for concealed carry permits.
What state do you work in?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You are missing some nuance here in that I am not arguing that there is wide spread fraud (for one thing). He has always stated the post office doesn't do its job. Lets look at it this way, if he has that belief then he would be disenfranchising voters if he let the post office handle it.

The democrats have a different belief. They think it is disenfranchised voters to not allow mail-in.

Only, mail-in voting has never been the way we do this in America - so have we been disenfranchised voters this entire time?

But more importantly, the USPS now confirms they cannot do their job - so who is right?

What I am saying is also that everyone is .asking it out like his denial of funds is some sudden turn. No, the turn would be if he allowed those funds. He is sticking by what he has said he believes in, which I know liberals are not familiar with that tactic. It doesn't make his belief right or wrong. But having the PO state they can't deliver kind of makes him look like he may be right there.

And to your point, just because we haven't seen voter fraud doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that we can suddenly start doing things to open the door to it. So he can't come up with the evidence, they allow mail in voting, and then there is fraud - what then?

Do we have any evidence that generalized mail-in voting works? I mean, the dems are the ones requesting the change, don't they have the burden of proof? Why are they fighting so hard for this?

And Covid is not a valid answer because all the restaurants and everything is open and there are huge groups of protesters/rioters all over the place that have been deemed acceptable by the party that wants mail in votes.

I wasn't saying Trumps claims are exempt from the burden of proof, just that his actions are in line with his beliefs from well before the mail in voting came up.

As far as the your statement about a $0.35 letter, you summarized the issue in a simple mis-statement below....

I can agree that I would hope we could get someone better in there. But I am not sure how anyone doesn't see that all the same criticisms against Trump are even more pronounced in Biden.

Wait, you are missing the entire point again! YOU DON'T NEED TO COME. If you can get a ballot, have it sent to my house. I can take care of it for you. I can even take care of who to vote for!

*note to the NSA, I am joking for effect and have no intent of doing this.

But he is not excluding democrats - he is excluding everyone. The mere fact that you see this as an affront to democrats voting proves that it is that side that sees it as a benefit and an angle to steal an election. And Obama didn't fire up mail im voting while he was in office and as far as I can tell, every republican was fine with that. Further, you make an argument that mail-im voting in Florida has helped Republicans...so how is this hurting democrats if this is all on the up and up?

The headache I have debating with you lets me know you are real. (Just playing, I enjoy the debate).

I have never seen a lion though, so those aren't real.

And here is the key mistake. It doesn't cost the competitor $0.35 cents. It may cost them $4. Just because a company/service/entity charges a price does not mean they are making a profit. For all we know, FedEx may have a lower cost than USPS (and likely does). USPS just has a lower price to the consumer. And rightfully, of course you will use the 35 cent service every time you can - yielding in a loss of revenue that increases each time a sale is made.

We are going to lose a little on each sale that we make. But we are going to make it up with volume!

But I get your point about expecting more. Of course.

However, your point about the birthday card is the key - exactly like I have been saying, in this hypothetical world people are sending BDay cards because it is 35 cents to do so, but the gov't is losing $3 or $4 every time this happens - how ethical is this? Sinking a system to send a bday card you would choose not to send if you had to pay for it on a basis of the real world cost of resources.

Man, these discussions are complex and hard to type out haha.
I like your responses and I can see the points you are making.

Let me make my point about the cost of post clearer. If I ride a bus, it will cost me approximately $7 to get into town. The expectation is that the service probably costs more than that (road charges, diesel and maintenance for a trip that long would undoubtedly be more), but that's the price they determine reasonable. The price is the same whether I ride alone or with a packed bus of 40+ people. If I ride a bus alone, that $7 won't cover the cost of the service. If I ride it with 40+ people, that will cover the cost of that service, plus a few more.

If I get a taxi, the expectation is that the cost will be approximately $35-$40. This is because the ride is solely for me, and there is no expectation of getting other people along the way. I pay for a more expedited service.

With USPS, the expectation is that a $0.35 letter isn't going to be the only mail heading in that direction. The service might be slower, but i'm not paying for an expedited service. With FedEx, my expectation is that it is more like a taxi for my mail.

While USPS won't be making money on my single letter, they might break even or even generate revenue on other items. Not every item you sell has to be profitable (loss leading is an econ 101 strategy), and sometimes it is just a part of providing a service. USPS is like the bus of the mail world.

We already know that the congressional mandate for retirement funds is a huge money pit for USPS and not the mail itself. If the mail system isn't profitable, then the congressional mandate should be lifted to ease the financial burden. Pretty simple solution that doesn't impact the postal services ability to do its core function.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You are missing some nuance here in that I am not arguing that there is wide spread fraud (for one thing). He has always stated the post office doesn't do its job. Lets look at it this way, if he has that belief then he would be disenfranchising voters if he let the post office handle it.

The democrats have a different belief. They think it is disenfranchised voters to not allow mail-in.

Only, mail-in voting has never been the way we do this in America - so have we been disenfranchised voters this entire time?

But more importantly, the USPS now confirms they cannot do their job - so who is right?

What I am saying is also that everyone is .asking it out like his denial of funds is some sudden turn. No, the turn would be if he allowed those funds. He is sticking by what he has said he believes in, which I know liberals are not familiar with that tactic. It doesn't make his belief right or wrong. But having the PO state they can't deliver kind of makes him look like he may be right there.

And to your point, just because we haven't seen voter fraud doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that we can suddenly start doing things to open the door to it. So he can't come up with the evidence, they allow mail in voting, and then there is fraud - what then?

Do we have any evidence that generalized mail-in voting works? I mean, the dems are the ones requesting the change, don't they have the burden of proof? Why are they fighting so hard for this?

And Covid is not a valid answer because all the restaurants and everything is open and there are huge groups of protesters/rioters all over the place that have been deemed acceptable by the party that wants mail in votes.

I wasn't saying Trumps claims are exempt from the burden of proof, just that his actions are in line with his beliefs from well before the mail in voting came up.

As far as the your statement about a $0.35 letter, you summarized the issue in a simple mis-statement below....

I can agree that I would hope we could get someone better in there. But I am not sure how anyone doesn't see that all the same criticisms against Trump are even more pronounced in Biden.

Wait, you are missing the entire point again! YOU DON'T NEED TO COME. If you can get a ballot, have it sent to my house. I can take care of it for you. I can even take care of who to vote for!

*note to the NSA, I am joking for effect and have no intent of doing this.

But he is not excluding democrats - he is excluding everyone. The mere fact that you see this as an affront to democrats voting proves that it is that side that sees it as a benefit and an angle to steal an election. And Obama didn't fire up mail im voting while he was in office and as far as I can tell, every republican was fine with that. Further, you make an argument that mail-im voting in Florida has helped Republicans...so how is this hurting democrats if this is all on the up and up?

The headache I have debating with you lets me know you are real. (Just playing, I enjoy the debate).

I have never seen a lion though, so those aren't real.

And here is the key mistake. It doesn't cost the competitor $0.35 cents. It may cost them $4. Just because a company/service/entity charges a price does not mean they are making a profit. For all we know, FedEx may have a lower cost than USPS (and likely does). USPS just has a lower price to the consumer. And rightfully, of course you will use the 35 cent service every time you can - yielding in a loss of revenue that increases each time a sale is made.

We are going to lose a little on each sale that we make. But we are going to make it up with volume!

But I get your point about expecting more. Of course.

However, your point about the birthday card is the key - exactly like I have been saying, in this hypothetical world people are sending BDay cards because it is 35 cents to do so, but the gov't is losing $3 or $4 every time this happens - how ethical is this? Sinking a system to send a bday card you would choose not to send if you had to pay for it on a basis of the real world cost of resources.

Man, these discussions are complex and hard to type out haha.

Let me make my point about the cost of post clearer. If I ride a bus, it will cost me approximately $7 to get into town. The expectation is that the service probably costs more than that (road charges, diesel and maintenance for a trip that long would undoubtedly be more), but that's the price they determine reasonable given it is slower, less personalised and designed to share costs between more people. The price is the same whether I ride alone or with a packed bus of 40+ people. If I ride a bus alone, that $7 won't cover the cost of the service. If I ride it with 40+ people, that will cover the cost of that service, plus a few more.

If I get a taxi, the expectation is that the cost will be approximately $35-$40. This is because the ride is solely for me, and there is no expectation of getting other people along the way. I pay for a more expedited service.

With USPS, the expectation is that a $0.35 letter isn't going to be the only mail heading in that direction. The service might be slower, but i'm not paying for an expedited service. With FedEx, my expectation is that it is more like a taxi for my mail. They will still take other mail heading in that direction, but undoubtedly are generally faster and more expedited than what you'd expect from USPS.

While USPS won't be making money on my single letter, they might break even or even generate revenue on other items. Not every item you sell has to be profitable (loss leading is an econ 101 strategy), and sometimes it is just a part of providing a service. USPS is like the bus of the mail world.

Also both companies don't expect to make much money from general post, and this isn't something that FedEx is generally used for. General post is typically USPS, and then the options are a bit costlier when you get to items like packages and parcels. These are the money makers.

We already know that the congressional mandate for retirement funds is a huge money pit for USPS and not the mail itself. If the mail system isn't profitable, then the congressional mandate should be lifted to ease the financial burden. Pretty simple solution that doesn't impact the postal services ability to do its core function.

Last edited:
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Screenshot_20200815-174603_Instagram.jpg

This seems like a good idea.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Let me make my point about the cost of post clearer. If I ride a bus, it will cost me approximately $7 to get into town. The expectation is that the service probably costs more than that (road charges, diesel and maintenance for a trip that long would undoubtedly be more), but that's the price they determine reasonable given it is slower, less personalised and designed to share costs between more people. The price is the same whether I ride alone or with a packed bus of 40+ people. If I ride a bus alone, that $7 won't cover the cost of the service. If I ride it with 40+ people, that will cover the cost of that service, plus a few more.

With USPS, the expectation is that a $0.35 letter isn't going to be the only mail heading in that direction. The service might be slower, but i'm not paying for an expedited service. With FedEx, my expectation is that it is more like a taxi for my mail. They will still take other mail heading in that direction, but undoubtedly are generally faster and more expedited than what you'd expect from USPS.

Gotcha. Good points. There is some nuance here that I will try to discuss, but I am too tired right now. Good analogy though. Lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You know how I know I am on the right side of the argument? Anytime that fucking terrorist is on the other side. That bitch deserves to get deported.
lol...she is in minnesota, they will probably erect a monument to her.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
@ax1 trump to 'look' at snowden case.
Damn thats interesting, he had called out for his assassination in the past and very pro NSA, maybe if he is genuine he realized how fuqed up the whole situation is and that Snowden was right to do that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn thats interesting, he had called out for his assassination in the past and very pro NSA, maybe if he is genuine he realized how fuqed up the whole situation is and that Snowden was right to do that.
or maybe he is just trolling---looking to piss off the lefties?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
or maybe he is just trolling---looking to piss off the lefties?
Havent the mainstream conservatives been more vocal about putting Snowden behind bars and accusing him as treasonous? But yeah Obobo was a maggot too when it came to defending Snowden.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh, look at that. When it was about helping out the public by hashing out a stimulus plan, Pelosi found it more important that the house go on its summer vacation.

Now that it is about the dems getting power, she is suddenly talking about bringing everyone back from vacation to work out the USPS thing.

Those liberals are really working for the people. The kinder party.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh, look at that. When it was about helping out the public by hashing out a stimulus plan, Pelosi found it more important that the house go on its summer vacation.

Now that it is about the dems getting power, she is suddenly talking about bringing everyone back from vacation to work out the USPS thing.

Those liberals are really working for the people. The kinder party.
i know you mean the kind-er party, but i see it as the kindergarten party....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Havent the mainstream conservatives been more vocal about putting Snowden behind bars and accusing him as treasonous? But yeah Obobo was a maggot too when it came to defending Snowden.
evidently trump fans are supporting a snowden pardon, but it might be a democrat style ploy of opposing what the other party wants?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my prayers go out to our president on the passing of his brother...RIP Robert Trump.
He was really proud of his big brother... the media will say it’s from Covid and that he deserved it, just like how they’ve been putting out memes about little Cannon who deserved to die as payback.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Saw on the news he had been the family’s neighbor for like 5-6 years...boom, next day, out of the blue, the dude lifts up a handgun, takes aim, and shoots your 5 year old son in the back of the head.

I dont always agree with the death penalty, but this is definitely a place where I think it should apply.
When the media foments hatred between groups this is the outcome. Seeing everything on the news, youtube etc i can see how people can get the idea that all of one group is racist or violent and so on,its more important than ever to keep perspective and remember people are in general good are we are all more alike than we are different

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
When the media foments hatred between groups this is the outcome. Seeing everything on the news, youtube etc i can see how people can get the idea that all of one group is racist or violent and so on,its more important than ever to keep perspective and remember people are in general good are we are all more alike than we are different
So the media caused this animal to murder this little boy? Come on...i blame the media for a lot...but this piece if sh1t is pure evil. The media had nothing to do with this

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
He was really proud of his big brother... the media will say it’s from Covid and that he deserved it, just like how they’ve been putting out memes about little Cannon who deserved to die as payback.
Wow.....really?!?!?!...i havent seen any of these memes.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
20200816_035953.jpg

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
let the games begin.....

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
evidently trump fans are supporting a snowden pardon, but it might be a democrat style ploy of opposing what the other party wants?
@thebigt Pauli got kicked off Showtime due to cancel culture policies. Im going to miss him, hope he lands a job for DAZN if they man up. I can imagine if he wasnt Sicilian but really from the other side of the little water-way with darker skin he would be all A ok.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@thebigt Pauli got kicked off Showtime due to cancel culture policies. Im going to miss him, hope he lands a job for DAZN if they man up. I can imagine if he wasnt Sicilian but really from the other side of the little water-way with darker skin he would be all A ok.

showtime is commie...rather i agreed with him or nor paulie knows boxing as well as anyone.

cancel culture is bullshyt!!!

Reactions: ax1
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, but can you provide any proof there is fraud? Did you interview the dead people?? A bunch of scholars looking into it say it doesn't happen.
touche (y)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
despicable that anyone in journalism would sink that low...george floyd contributed to his death- even though i don't agree with it--but NO child needs to be disrespected in that manner!!!!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a lot of liberal friends who live to bash Fox News but insist that the Washington Post is fair, unbiased news that holds up to a high standard.

None of them have had anything to say about this headline today in the WaPo:

"Robert Trump, younger brother of President Trump who filed lawsuit against niece, dies at 71.” 🤔

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
'most' people...there are probably 20% of the population who are just no damned good, and this includes both political parties, every race and gender.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have a lot of liberal friends who live to bash Fox News but insist that the Washington Post is fair, unbiased news that holds up to a high standard.

None of them have had anything to say about this headline today in the WaPo:

"Robert Trump, younger brother of President Trump who filed lawsuit against niece, dies at 71.” 🤔
cnn said robert trump was 72, lol. ....yeah, that's not biased---of course the post backs mary's book 100%.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, but can you provide any proof there is fraud? Did you interview the dead people?? A bunch of scholars looking into it say it doesn't happen.
"The state clarified that the deceased voters died sometime after they voted and before the ballots were counted."

Who woulda thought that some people would have vote legally, then died sometime after posting in their ballot, and internet forum users will call them frauds for not staying alive long enough for it to have been counted.

I'm not so sure this qualifies as an example of rampant voter fraud. I mean, 1000k people are dying from covid every day. If it takes 14 days between posting a ballot, to it being received and counted, that's 14,000 people across the US who would now be dead from covid alone before their vote is counted. And that excludes all other mortality causes.

Last edited:
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
There is very few times I would ever call a death justified. Neither of these are examples.

Heres the thing:

-Not every Black death at the hands of a White male is racially motivated.

-Not every White death at the hands of a Black male is a consequence of robbery, burglary, or as a form of reparation.

- Not every Black death at the hands of another Black is due to gang violence.

-Not every White death at the hand of a White male is due to mental illness.

We all need to stop pushing killings or deaths into these baskets and based each one on it's own merits. Motives are important, but they should be grounded it evidence, not grounded solely on the colour of someone's skin. Not only do you misrepresent the motive, but you further push the divides that already exist between us.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
So the media caused this animal to murder this little boy? Come on...i blame the media for a lot...but this piece if sh1t is pure evil. The media had nothing to do with this
No I'm not saying that though it may have seemed that way, to do something like that you have to wrong to begin with but all this negativity thats being pushed on people continually can push people over the edge or send them in a direction they would not have gone were they reinforced with positivity instead of whats pushed upon us now.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
"The state clarified that the deceased voters died sometime after they voted and before the ballots were counted."

Who woulda thought that some people would have vote legally, then died sometime after posting in their ballot, and internet forum users will call them frauds for not staying alive long enough for it to have been counted.

I'm not so sure this qualifies as an example of rampant voter fraud. I mean, 1000k people are dying from covid every day. If it takes 14 days between posting a ballot, to it being received and counted, that's 14,000 people across the US who would now be dead from covid alone before their vote is counted. And that excludes all other mortality causes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
'over 60 portland 911 calls go unheeded overnight as police respond to riot'

where were the community response teams? :unsure:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
'multiple police officers shot in cedar park, texas, suspect barricaded inside home'

perfect time to defund police and send in the social workers-eh?

on a more serious note....prayers and support to those police officers-i hope the injured recover and no more are hurt!!!!

Last edited:
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Oh, see? I was right to question it then!

I wonder how they found out all these people passed, since my grandmother received a $1200 stimulus check when she died in Oct. 2019. And apparently it was a big enough problem that it was in the news.

They can't avoid sending out $1200 to dead people, but I am sure they are catching every ballot, especially since they caught all of these. Especially since, as you point out, thousands of people have been passing away each day. I think you have just pointed out a problem with early mail-in voting I had not considered, which serves to make me see its shortcomings even further.

It is funny how evidence of an issue is accepted as proof the issue is under control.

Unless you really believe they had a 100% success rate on catching all these ballots?