Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
this headline really tickled me....'new york democrats angered after nypd union endorses trump'....lol, what the hell did those morons expect? :p
Yeah, what'd they expect lol. Derp.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm just trolling lol. I'm not even for Biden. I would likely vote Republican if it were literally ANY other Republican

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm just trolling lol. I'm not even for Biden. I would likely vote Republican if it were literally ANY other Republican
lol...we're cool, i know you were playing!!!!

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well it’s not too late. Fly on over here. Just stay at someone’s place and mail in one of the ballots that comes in the mail to their house.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
lol...we're cool, i know you were playing!!!!
I like to play devils advocate. It's just what I do on forums. I voted NZ First last election for NZ, which is nationalist/ populist party.

I'm more right leaning on economic issues and on immigration, welfare and the justice system. More left leaning on matter of equality. Bear in mind, equality for me means equality. None of this "looting is OK because it is reparations" BS. I take it to mean equal under law. That extends to people's rights to express their own sexuality, simply because what people do in their own homes does not concern me, nor does it negatively impact me.

If you start demanding my workspace build you separate showers, toilets and washrooms for every gender there will be an issue.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Well it’s not too late. Fly on over here. Just stay at someone’s place and mail in one of the ballots that comes in the mail to their house.
there's an idea. Although, i'd rather not because you guys have rampant Covid lol. Plus i wouldnt know who to vote for.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's an option, that is all.

You might find the majority still vote at polling stations where they can. You also might not, but its still a legal option.

One is just no-excuse absentee voting and the other excuse based absentee voting. Florida has allowed no excuse absentee voting since 2002.
You STILL don’t understand the difference between mail in and absentee. There’s only a handful of states that’s ever done mail in voting.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You STILL don’t understand the difference between mail in and absentee. There’s only a handful of states that’s ever done mail in voting.
OK, but lets go back to the crux of the issue, because this isn't even the point. The issue being raised is this:

Is it, or is it not, an issue to target the Post Offices efficacy to deliver votes to where they need to be rather than going through the appropriate channels to exclude no-excuse mail in voting.

Before you answer, consider if you'd let Obama or Biden undermining certain methods of legal voting for Republicans. If you can't honestly say that it isn't underhanded, then that's the issue that is being raised.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Only if you watch CNN. I still haven’t encountered a single person that has had it.
OK?

I haven't encountered a person that has been to Idaho, does that mean that place doesnt exist? If you exclude things based on whether or not you have personally experienced it, then a lot of things dont exist. Have you been to NZ? If not, do I even exist to you? Lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
OK, but lets go back to the crux of the issue, because this isn't even the point. The issue being raised is this:

Is it, or is it not, an issue to target the Post Offices efficacy to deliver votes to where they need to be rather than going through the appropriate channels to exclude no-excuse mail in voting.

Before you answer, consider if you'd let Obama or Biden undermining certain methods of legal voting for Republicans. If you can't honestly say that it isn't underhanded, then that's the issue that is being raised.
2 words-lois lerner

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OK?

I haven't encountered a person that has been to Idaho, does that mean that place doesnt exist?
It means it’s not as widespread, deadly, contagious, or whatever else the media is propping it up to be. People aren’t keeling over dying in the streets. It’s life as usual where I am and hardly even a topic of discussion anymore.

I bet if I flip on the news we are just a day away from all dying and that going outside my house without a face diaper on I have a 115% chance of catching the chinese death.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The USPS can’t guarantee a package from a city 3 hours away within a week. Lol.
A FedEx quote to deliver a letter from Pine Island NY to Herkimer NY costs $9.87. USPS charges $0.35. That's a 3 hour drive. If i'm paying $10 for a service that costs a competitor $0.35, you better believe I expect more from them. Although, say goodbye to me posting anyone a birthday card any more.

That's the difference between privatization and a service.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A FedEx quote to deliver a letter from Pine Island NY to Herkimer NY costs $9.87. USPS charges $0.35. That's a 3 hour drive. If i'm paying $10 for a service that costs a competitor $0.35, you better believe I expect more from them. Although, say goodbye to me posting anyone a birthday card any more.

That fedex package will be on time and I can follow the truck around on a map. The USPS package will take a week, have no tracking, and probably end up at the neighbors house.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It means it’s not as widespread, deadly, contagious, or whatever else the media is propping it up to be. People aren’t keeling over dying in the streets. It’s life as usual where I am and hardly even a topic of discussion anymore.

I bet if I flip on the news we are just a day away from all dying and that going outside my house without a face diaper on I have a 115% chance of catching the chinese death.
"The family of John McDaniel, an Ohio man who died from COVID-19 after initially claiming the pandemic was overblown, is grieving this week. McDaniel's wife says they're also mourning the fact that her husband didn't get a chance to change the stance he took against the initial public response to the outbreak. It's now clear, she adds, that shutdown orders were necessary."

By the time it does impact you or your family, let's hope you don't learn the hard way. At this point, any deniers who catch it and subsequently change their stance have already lost my respect. If it takes for you to be personally impacted before you take anything seriously, then I have no sympathy for you if it does catch up to you.

I wore a seat belt long before I ever saw the consequences of someone being thrown through a windshield and looking at half their brain being splattered across someones house wall.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"The family of John McDaniel, an Ohio man who died from COVID-19 after initially claiming the pandemic was overblown, is grieving this week. McDaniel's wife says they're also mourning the fact that her husband didn't get a chance to change the stance he took against the initial public response to the outbreak. It's now clear, she adds, that shutdown orders were necessary."

By the time it does impact you or your family, let's hope you don't learn the hard way. At this point, any deniers who catch it and subsequently change their stance have already lost my respect. If it takes for you to be personally impacted before you take anything seriously, then I have no sympathy for you if it does catch up to you.

I wore a seat belt long before I ever saw the consequences of someone being thrown through a windshield and looking at half their brain being splattered across someones house wall.
I’m not a denier. I said it’s not the boogeyman the media wants it to be. It’s not even a top 5 cause of death here. Not even close.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
That fedex package will be on time and I can follow the truck around on a map. The USPS package will take a week, have no tracking, and probably end up at the neighbors house.
For 9.50 more for a letter, I would expect that. For 35 cents I would happily send a birthday card to my Granddad. If the mail was urgent, I might go with FedEx. But for standard mail, i'm not paying $10 each time.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Our people die from being fat bodies. The rest from cancer and accidents. You can sprinkle in some ailments like flu, China virus, gaids, and other creepy crawlies.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I’m not a denier. I said it’s not the boogeyman the media wants it to be. It’s not even a top 5 cause of death here. Not even close.
Based on current figures, coronavirus would be in the top 3 all cause mortality for the US. Behind heart disease and cancer. 3rd highest for 2017 was accidents at 169000. Although we can agree that the figures might be skewed, i'm just talking about what has been officially recorded.

Coronavirus has edged out accidents and its only been 7 months since it landed. Still have 4 more to go.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's an option, that is all.

You might find the majority still vote at polling stations where they can. You also might not, but its still a legal option.

One is just no-excuse absentee voting and the other excuse based absentee voting. Florida has allowed no excuse absentee voting since 2002.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Based on current figures, coronavirus would be in the top 3 all cause mortality for the US. Behind heart disease and cancer. 3rd highest for 2017 was accidents at 169000. Although we can agree that the figures might be skewed, i'm just talking about what has been officially recorded.

Coronavirus has edged out accidents.
2020 CDC
Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

The questionable number will always be the China virus deaths.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
2020 CDC
Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

The questionable number will always be the China virus deaths.
That's 2017 ACM.

Yes, the figures are still being disputed, but at the current estimate it is higher than accidents and it is 4 and a half months until the end of the year.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Only if you watch CNN. I still haven’t encountered a single person that has had it.
I have.... two of my SWAT teammates and one of our SWAT Dr’s. The entire team was on quarantine the week before July 4. Along with our narcotics unit! But here’s the thing.....we were in very close contact with each other when this happened and no one else contracted it. The had a weird cough and they were fatigued easily. Lasted for a few days. Nothing like the Black Death the media makes it out to be!

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's 2017 ACM.

Yes, the figures are still being disputed, but at the current estimate it is higher than accidents and it is 4 and a half months until the end of the year.
It hasn’t passed them yet. And we will have to see when the dust settles. But we do have to commend the China virus for curing cancer, flu, car accidents, and even gunshot wounds. It’s really a miracle virus if you think about it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have.... two of my SWAT teammates and one of our SWAT Dr’s. The entire team was on quarantine the week before July 4. Along with our narcotics unit! But here’s the thing.....we were in very close contact with each other when this happened and no one else contracted it. The had a weird cough and they were fatigued easily. Lasted for a few days. Nothing like the Black Death the media makes it out to be!
glad you all are ok!!!

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks BigT!
I can imagine the amount of contact LEOs have on a daily basis. If this virus was as bad and deadly as the fake news media says it is then you would have cops dying all over the states. I know my brother tells me he makes about 25-30 contacts a night.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can imagine the amount of contact LEOs have on a daily basis. If this virus was as bad and deadly as the fake news media says it is then you would have cops dying all over the states. I know my brother tells me he makes about 25-30 contacts a night.
No doubt man! We have about 300 people in our main office Monday - Friday. That’s not including the patrol guys that are on the road. We’ve only had 5 cases of COVID since this mess broke out. What’s even more odd is that one of the guys on SWAT that got it is married to one of our detectives. She never contracted it. She got tested twice and both tests were negative. But by God we better keep everyone home and wait on the post office to deliver our mail in ballot so we don’t die at the polls!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No doubt man! We have about 300 people in our main office Monday - Friday. That’s not including the patrol guys that are on the road. We’ve only had 5 cases of COVID since this mess broke out. What’s even more odd is that one of the guys on SWAT that got it is married to one of our detectives. She never contracted it. She got tested twice and both tests were negative. But by God we better keep everyone home and wait on the post office to deliver our mail in ballot so we don’t die at the polls!!
that is fantastic!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@ax1 trump to 'look' at snowden case.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I get that the media might make it seem that if someone has Covid and breathes in your general direction that you are going to get it and die, but that's not accurate. There are a few factors that need to be considered. The preliminary R-value is around 2.2-2.7.

For one, viral load is an important measure. Some people may receive a small - moderate exposure of the virus. This lighter viral load may mean that our defence systems have time to fight the virus before becoming overwhelmed. A key way in which we fight HIV is to use anti-virals and keep T cells high. If we start out with a smaller amount of covid, then the viral load is lighter and could be easier for our bodies to manage. Over time, the virus will multiply, so early stages are typically crucial determinants on whether it will impact us or not.

A lot of people are not that lucky. Pre-disposed people, or even just the genetically unlucky, may find that smaller viral loads trigger a seemingly disproportionate response by the immune system. Fevers, sweating and inflammation are byproducts of our immune systems defence, and can sometimes be fatal if left untreated or mismanaged.

You may also get exposed to a high viral load from the very beginning, which makes life miserable within the first few days.

Its not as simple as "if you are near someone who has it, you probably have it". But you should still act as though you have, because it is still readily transferable

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Except there is. And its lawful. No use crying about it. People are allowed to do it, and they are requesting ballots in the hundreds of thousands.

Get ready for Biden 2020 :O
Ahh....the Kiwi fire starter is on a good one today....

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
there's an idea. Although, i'd rather not because you guys have rampant Covid lol. Plus i wouldnt know who to vote for.
Heard you guys are practically shutting the country down for another outbreak of 30 people?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Heard you guys are practically shutting the country down for another outbreak of 30 people?
Level 3 for Auckland, level 2 for the rest of the country. Turns out we value saving lives and don't cry about being quarantined for 12 days to stamp it back out ;)

Although I do feel for the businesses that will be doing it tough. Thankfully, there are lots of wage relief packages, business assistance and loan relief packages being used to limit how hard businesses get hit.

Our media went hard after last lockdown to get us to buy local and value local businesses, so it was good to see so many thriving. We had ALOT of people travel the country to tourist hotspots just so places that rely on international tourists could thrive. Kinda proud of how hard we pulled together

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Level 3 for Auckland, level 2 for the rest of the country. Turns out we value saving lives and don't cry about being quarantined for 12 days to stamp it back out ;)
polls/statistics are one thing...but are you speaking for everyone in your country?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He is being asked by a Judge to provide evidence to his claim that voter fraud is rampant enough. "Legal scholars from both parties, and nonpartisan experts, acknowledge that there is no widespread fraud in US elections".

If he makes a claim, he needs to provide the evidence. This is the basics of burden of proof. It applies to everyone, not just Trump. There is numerous research that states voter fraud is not rampant, and he is yet to provide ANY that it is. Had he said "And here is my evidence", then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Otherwise he can make up any claim and then hide behind it: "Oh the sniffer dogs will eat all the votes", "The post van might crash, catch on fire and burn up all the votes", It might rain and get the votes all soggy" etc. Then if we just reapply your logic of "he believes there is voter fraud" to these claims, then pretty much ANY belief he holds is enough weighting in your view to invalidate the entire system, simply because he BELIEVES it.

My nephew believes in Santa. That doesn't make it true. That's not evidence.

On the matter of the PO: it also cannot be substantiated that it has 'messed up' when a congressional mandate is the cause of it. Every one, again, is sinking their teeth into Trumps unsubstantiated claims that they are losing money because of Amazon etc, but again, he is not providing evidence of that. Breaking Even is what you'd expect a govt service like the PO to be achieving. Most services led by the govt are not meant to generate revenue, but rather provide a service where the costs are covered by that service.

A FedEx quote to deliver a letter from Pine Island NY to Herkimer NY costs $9.87. USPS charges $0.35. Be careful about what you wish for. Lots of rural communities rely on the post, and this is one way to make things very difficult for them.

Real question: Why are Trump claims exempt from the burden of proof? Why do we care more about Gingseng having 100 human studies backing its efficacy than we do about potentially dangerous claims designed to undermine the way in which people cast their vote? Why do we jump down the throats of people on this forum parroting bro-science, asking them to provide evidence for their claims when we don't apply that logic into far more important matters? This doesn't make sense to me.

I mean, the US has invaded countries over unsubstantiated claims made by Presidents in the past. Iraq has been flattened because Bush said they had weapons of mass destruction. When will we hold the claims of those who lead us to a greater standard that we hold the bro-sciencers of this forum?
You are missing some nuance here in that I am not arguing that there is wide spread fraud (for one thing). He has always stated the post office doesn't do its job. Lets look at it this way, if he has that belief then he would be disenfranchising voters if he let the post office handle it.

The democrats have a different belief. They think it is disenfranchised voters to not allow mail-in.

Only, mail-in voting has never been the way we do this in America - so have we been disenfranchised voters this entire time?

But more importantly, the USPS now confirms they cannot do their job - so who is right?

What I am saying is also that everyone is .asking it out like his denial of funds is some sudden turn. No, the turn would be if he allowed those funds. He is sticking by what he has said he believes in, which I know liberals are not familiar with that tactic. It doesn't make his belief right or wrong. But having the PO state they can't deliver kind of makes him look like he may be right there.

And to your point, just because we haven't seen voter fraud doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that we can suddenly start doing things to open the door to it. So he can't come up with the evidence, they allow mail in voting, and then there is fraud - what then?

Do we have any evidence that generalized mail-in voting works? I mean, the dems are the ones requesting the change, don't they have the burden of proof? Why are they fighting so hard for this?

And Covid is not a valid answer because all the restaurants and everything is open and there are huge groups of protesters/rioters all over the place that have been deemed acceptable by the party that wants mail in votes.

I wasn't saying Trumps claims are exempt from the burden of proof, just that his actions are in line with his beliefs from well before the mail in voting came up.

As far as the your statement about a $0.35 letter, you summarized the issue in a simple mis-statement below....

I can agree that I would hope we could get someone better in there. But I am not sure how anyone doesn't see that all the same criticisms against Trump are even more pronounced in Biden.

Wait, you are missing the entire point again! YOU DON'T NEED TO COME. If you can get a ballot, have it sent to my house. I can take care of it for you. I can even take care of who to vote for!

*note to the NSA, I am joking for effect and have no intent of doing this.

But he is not excluding democrats - he is excluding everyone. The mere fact that you see this as an affront to democrats voting proves that it is that side that sees it as a benefit and an angle to steal an election. And Obama didn't fire up mail im voting while he was in office and as far as I can tell, every republican was fine with that. Further, you make an argument that mail-im voting in Florida has helped Republicans...so how is this hurting democrats if this is all on the up and up?

OK?

I haven't encountered a person that has been to Idaho, does that mean that place doesnt exist? If you exclude things based on whether or not you have personally experienced it, then a lot of things dont exist. Have you been to NZ? If not, do I even exist to you? Lol
The headache I have debating with you lets me know you are real. (Just playing, I enjoy the debate).

I have never seen a lion though, so those aren't real.

And here is the key mistake. It doesn't cost the competitor $0.35 cents. It may cost them $4. Just because a company/service/entity charges a price does not mean they are making a profit. For all we know, FedEx may have a lower cost than USPS (and likely does). USPS just has a lower price to the consumer. And rightfully, of course you will use the 35 cent service every time you can - yielding in a loss of revenue that increases each time a sale is made.

We are going to lose a little on each sale that we make. But we are going to make it up with volume!

But I get your point about expecting more. Of course.

However, your point about the birthday card is the key - exactly like I have been saying, in this hypothetical world people are sending BDay cards because it is 35 cents to do so, but the gov't is losing $3 or $4 every time this happens - how ethical is this? Sinking a system to send a bday card you would choose not to send if you had to pay for it on a basis of the real world cost of resources.

Man, these discussions are complex and hard to type out haha.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that is fantastic!!!
But you know what’s even better....we don’t wear masks in the building! Law enforcement facilities are exempt from our governor’s executive order mandating masks. The only ones that wear masks are our pistol permits unit because they have to fingerprint people coming in for concealed carry permits.